MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I'm not sure , need sweet stuff all the time I had that with dd, sickness wasn't as bad this time - jury is out until October !

Has anyone else found their gums bleeding when they brush? This happened to me last night and this morning. I brought a new softer tooth brush and was really careful before and they didn't bleed. I was just reading about pregnancy gingivitis- great :-( to top it all off 2 massive pimples have popped up on my chin! So much for the pregnancy glow!!

I feel excali the same I was convinced it was a girl and I began worrying I would be disapointed if it was a boy, and I really don't want to be , so I've stopped thinking girl now and thinking boy, I can't say I won't be every so slightly disapointed if we're ehaving a another boy cuz I would love a girl, but now I'd also love another little boy so cj has a brother, time will tell ! 4 weeks till I find out , exciting :)
I don't have a feeling on boy or girl... Though I've been trying to tell myself it's going to be another boy (I've kinda said that from the start) because I don't want to feel disappointed if they tell us it's a boy when we find out! I know that sounds horrible, and I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed for long, but if you start thinking/hoping too much that it's a certain gender and they tell you otherwise I can imagine I'd be slightly disappointed. And I really don't want that to happen, because I'd be happy with another boy aswell! I bet my boy would LOVE to have a little brother...
We'd like a girl though, for obvious reasons, cause we'll have 1 of each. And cause my MIL has 4 grandsons and really wants a granddaughter! :haha:

Though I've noticed I'm starting to sway more girl now, mainly because of the 'nub' on our 12wk scan and I'm really trying not to go on that, because I know that's not always accurate! I googled some pictures of other people that had their gender confirmed as girl and then posted their 'nub' pictures and 1 of them looked EXACTLY like our one! And the others looked pretty similar aswell!

So I guess I'm just gonna have to wait and see! Kinda hoping I'll get another scan once we've moved (as I did last time when I moved when I was pregnant - got a 2nd 20 wk scan because I moved) because by the time I'll have that (IF I get one!) I'll be 16 weeks and they will be able to tell!

I am team yellow all the way! :D And have no idea what we may be having lol

First baby MS -girl
2nd and third No MS both boys
4TH MS another boy

never really had any cravings as such - and have never really just 'knew' I cant be very intuitive lol

xx

Nothing is really telling me girl or boy but with 3 pinkies already i don't really hold much hope for a blue one, not that I mind what we have but as our last child a boy would tie it all up nicely.
Hoping my scan date will come through soon, I like having dates to look forward to.

My morning sickness is back along with insomnia. I've thrown up twice in the last three days hoping it was a fluke but I feel awful today. My husband wants me to stop working because he's concerned about me, but I'm going to hold out if I can until the holiday season since I'll already be staying home for several years. I do wish I could just curl up and sleep right now though :(

Has anyone else found their gums bleeding when they brush? This happened to me last night and this morning. I brought a new softer tooth brush and was really careful before and they didn't bleed. I was just reading about pregnancy gingivitis- great :-( to top it all off 2 massive pimples have popped up on my chin! So much for the pregnancy glow!!

Yup! My gums bleed when I brush, eat certain foods... you name it! And I have had a breakout since I O'd. I have awful skin to begin with. Blaaaaah.

As for gender- I feel like I am having a girl. I really wanted a boy first, but I just FEEL she's a girl. We'll see next month! HB is 157, which points to girl. Morning sickness, but no puking, all day long... so again, I think girl. Awful breakout- makes me think girl. I'll be thrilled either way. :)

Off that topic, but does anyone have a "feeling" about the gender of their baby? I think this one is a boy! Only time will tell though! Anyone staying team yellow?

I have fallen in love with the name Lucian if it is a boy. :)

Feeling a boy but my 12 week scan just looks like it has a girl nub and skull lol. But I really feel boy so we'll see.

Totally just felt 3 random butterfly flutters down low. I want to call that 'baby moving' but can't be so certain.

Also spent last night in the ER for left hip pain, felt like I was leaking fluid, really gross colored discharge and a tiny red blood clot only to be diagnosed with a UTI and no idea why there was the 1 single clot. FUN.

First scan tomorrow. Getting really nervous now. Won't find out see until 8 ish more weeks, feeling a girl though despite my pregnancy being completely different!

Hi ladies.

I haven't posted in a while but, I wanted to let you all know, my little nugget stopped growing at 7w3d. :cry: I went for an appointment with my doc last Thursday and she couldn't find a heartbeat with the doppler so she sent me for an u/s. Baby measured 7w3d and had no heartbeat. :nope: The u/s pictures showed bloodflow into the umbilical cord, but it stopped before reaching baby. Probably a blood clot in the umbilical cord that caused it. :nope: I am scheduled for a D&C on Friday. :cry:

Ahw Minni, I'm so sorry!!! :hugs: Hope you're gonna be ok!! :hugs:

Hi ladies.

I haven't posted in a while but, I wanted to let you all know, my little nugget stopped growing at 7w3d. :cry: I went for an appointment with my doc last Thursday and she couldn't find a heartbeat with the doppler so she sent me for an u/s. Baby measured 7w3d and had no heartbeat. :nope: The u/s pictures showed bloodflow into the umbilical cord, but it stopped before reaching baby. Probably a blood clot in the umbilical cord that caused it. :nope: I am scheduled for a D&C on Friday. :cry:

:hugs: so so sorry xx

Went for my first u/s at 11 weeks they told me I was actually 10+6 and that they wouldn't be able to do the NT scan as the foetus needed to be bigger, so they rescheduled for 13+5 which was today. We couldn't have an appointment at 12 weeks as we got married and were on honeymoon. However, we were assured that a test at 13+5 would be no problem, so we didn't worry and turned up today for our scan.

Today 13+5 (according to dating scan) we were told that they couldn't do the NT combined test as it was too late and also due to position of the foetus. The good news is that the baby is looking good, all checks done show a healthy foetus. The bad news is that we are booked in for a quadruple scan in two weeks time which we were told today has only 65% accuracy of detecting Down's syndrome. This means that over a third of Down's pregnancies would remain undetected using this method of screening. Not good enough for me, I am 37 and my OH is 45 so the risk is real.

Therefore, we decided to book in at the Portland Hospital in London who I have an appointment with tomorrow morning to do the Harmony test which is over 99% accurate at detecting Down's. it's non-invasive and has no risk to mother or foetus. They charge £600 which is bad, but this also includes an ultrasound. When I rang them they said they will also do the NT scan for me tomorrow and the combined blood test (in addition to sending blood to California for the Harmony test) as they do the NT test until 14+1.

Whilst £600 is a lot of money, the consequences of a false negative are much more costly to us no matter how small the risk overall. We are effectively paying for peace of mind.

Info for Harmony for those interested: https://www.theportlandhospital.com/uploads/maternity/harmony_test.pdf

Went for my first u/s at 11 weeks they told me I was actually 10+6 and that they wouldn't be able to do the NT scan as the foetus needed to be bigger, so they rescheduled for 13+5 which was today. We couldn't have an appointment at 12 weeks as we got married and were on honeymoon. However, we were assured that a test at 13+5 would be no problem, so we didn't worry and turned up today for our scan.

Today 13+5 (according to dating scan) we were told that they couldn't do the NT combined test as it was too late and also due to position of the foetus. The good news is that the baby is looking good, all checks done show a healthy foetus. The bad news is that we are booked in for a quadruple scan in two weeks time which we were told today has only 65% accuracy of detecting Down's syndrome. This means that over a third of Down's pregnancies would remain undetected using this method of screening. Not good enough for me, I am 37 and my OH is 45 so the risk is real.

Therefore, we decided to book in at the Portland Hospital in London who I have an appointment with tomorrow morning to do the Harmony test which is over 99% accurate at detecting Down's. it's non-invasive and has no risk to mother or foetus. They charge £600 which is bad, but this also includes an ultrasound. When I rang them they said they will also do the NT scan for me tomorrow and the combined blood test (in addition to sending blood to California for the Harmony test) as they do the NT test until 14+1.

Whilst £600 is a lot of money, the consequences of a false negative are much more costly to us no matter how small the risk overall. We are effectively paying for peace of mind.

I don't understand the 'too late' comment at 13+5.. that was how far I was with my daughter at my first scan and I had the screening. Maybe it differs at different hospitals, or the position was more of an issue.

Hope you get your peace of mind :hugs:

Edit: just seen that other hospital will do it to 14+1 :wacko: crazy they're all different

:hugs: Oh Minni! I am so sorry for your loss. :(

And Claire- I'd complain to the doctor who told you 13+5 would be okay!! That is totally not fair to you guys. Not that they will, but I feel they should help with the cost or something!! How ridiculous.

I don't understand the 'too late' comment at 13+5.. that was how far I was with my daughter at my first scan and I had the screening. Maybe it differs at different hospitals, or the position was more of an issue.

Hope you get your peace of mind :hugs:

Edit: just seen that other hospital will do it to 14+1 :wacko: crazy they're all different

Yeah, report says 'due to late gestation and foetal lie'.

Also, they told us that they could do it at 11 weeks when making appointment, but foetus was measuring 10+6 and they actually don't test until 11+4 at that hospital whereas the Portland test at 11+0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->