MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

DecemberWait and wannabubba-You are both so fortunate--to get the opportunity to work reduced hours! And extra lucky you, DecemberWait, blessed to be a SAHM! I wish I could be that lucky!
Full time-3 12 hr shifts a week as an ER nurse is royally kicking my butt! As much as I can sleep with a 5 year old to care for on my days off; you can best believe I have been~

Got to hear the baby's HR today at my OB visit--steady in the 140s with lots of movement! :) Made me feel better. Gender and anatomy scan scheduled for October 21st at 1030a. :)

DecemberWait and wannabubba-You are both so fortunate--to get the opportunity to work reduced hours! And extra lucky you, DecemberWait, blessed to be a SAHM! I wish I could be that lucky!
Full time-3 12 hr shifts a week as an ER nurse is royally kicking my butt! As much as I can sleep with a 5 year old to care for on my days off; you can best believe I have been~

Got to hear the baby's HR today at my OB visit--steady in the 140s with lots of movement! :) Made me feel better. Gender and anatomy scan scheduled for October 21st at 1030a. :)

Yep I do feel truly fortunate - I am a staff nurse too but now working in critical care and it can be really busy but nowhere as busy as ER I would imagine .Previous pregnancies I worked full time (13 shifts per 4 weeks) and it was murder, medical receiving ward for one and long term elderly care for another 2. Always thought being a SAHM would be so good too, but tbh I am great at my job and get a lot of job satisfaction from going to work; now that I am part time lol - Love spending time with my children but a few hours of adult company every week is fab too :thumbup: The truth is though, I could not afford to be a SAHM even if I wanted to.

HR sounds fab, I am still to hear Peanuts' lol - maybe be a bit quieter tonight at work and can get a shot of a doppler; but I doubt it -it has been manic in there for weeks

xx

Sorry to have been away, we finally moved house on saturday so have been busy and don't have internet yet, apart from my data-allowance on my phone, which i'm trying to be savvy with :p

As for being pregnant with another LO around.... my LO doesn't nap anymore, so I don't nap. Though technically i could cause hubby is around at the moment as he's looking for a new job. But i guess all of us 2nd (and more) timers are just used to being sleep-deprived and tired all the time ;) haha
I know i am used to being tired most of the time cause i get tired quite easily, even though my iron levels are always 'normal' according to my blood tests...

Luckily I am able to nap when my LO naps. Yesterday morning I started being violently sick with a tummy bug and slept all day as hubby was home all day. Didn't keep any food or liquids down at all. :(

Today was better, was sick during the night and in the morning. Took naps when she napped in the morning and afternoon and managed to have some tea tonight. Feeling a bit fragile but wasn't too severe as didn't have fever with it.

I am looking forward to being a SAHM and know I'm super lucky to be in a situation where I can stay home. We are going to be one and done so I want to enjoy every second!

Going to be a SAHM here too... well I was doing freelance art but I'm not allowed to play with the solvents/cleaners/etc whilst pregnant so unless I pick up more of the freelance I was doing for a government class for graphic design I'm out of work now anyway so i guess my SAHM time has started already :winkwink:. DH has a good job that pays well and our prenatal care is covered 100% through his federal work insurance so thankfully we're good on finances.

Thanks for all the thoughts and hugs, I've been a bit quiet and finding ways to help. I set up a paypal fund for our friend so they have money for funeral expenses, she's told me if I fly out to see her before baby then she is going to pinch and poke me till I'm blue all over... Well unless I get clearance from my ob. She said she's worrying about baby more than about what she needs even though she would give anything for Dh and I to be up there with her. She's my rock and I don't have a clue how she is being so strong in losing her daughter, I am trying to plan to go up and see her at the end of oct/beginning of nov as long as we don't have any more issues.

All the talk of sleeping when your LO sleeps... I'm terrified of the thought of having a newborn and a 2 year old. There will be no sleeping when the baby sleeps unless I can magically make my toddler sleep all day as well lol. We sleep through the night pretty well now (minus a million bathroom trips for myself) and that initial sleep deprivation hits you like a ton of bricks :/

All the talk of sleeping when your LO sleeps... I'm terrified of the thought of having a newborn and a 2 year old. There will be no sleeping when the baby sleeps unless I can magically make my toddler sleep all day as well lol. We sleep through the night pretty well now (minus a million bathroom trips for myself) and that initial sleep deprivation hits you like a ton of bricks :/

Yes I'm worried about this too , my lo will be 3 1/2 so the chances that she will be still napping is slim, though she will be in nursery 3 days a week so will have to sleep then !

Morning girls imn worried my son won't nap when babies born either he wil be 2 ..
I'm 17 weeks in2 days! Omg times going quick. ! 3 weeks til I no what I'm having ! Excited much. X
My sons 1st two xmas prezzies come today x

I wish I could be a SAHM but we simply wont be able to afford it.

As for napping when baby does Im hoping to get some househelp to help me with the washing etc when Im on maternity leave as I love my sleep and its gonna be a big adjustment for me after so many years

Watching series 2 of OBEM while doing the ironing this morning. I love watching it. Wish they do a special HomeBirth one.
dd3 hardly naps now days, she'll be 2 when baby is due, but with school runs and everything else thrown in getting a chance to slow down is a rarity.
Early I know but I've started a list for supplies in case I do get a HB agreed.

I'm abit late but i'm due 14th march :) midwife thinks boy after nt scan but we find out 28th :D

Watching series 2 of OBEM while doing the ironing this morning. I love watching it. Wish they do a special HomeBirth one.
dd3 hardly naps now days, she'll be 2 when baby is due, but with school runs and everything else thrown in getting a chance to slow down is a rarity.

Yay another home birth hopeful! :D What supplies are you getting ready lol? I have had my home birth booked in already, told them at 8weeks I was having one lol -unless is early or breech of course xx

I'm abit late but i'm due 14th march :) midwife thinks boy after nt scan but we find out 28th :D
Welcome :)

Yay another home birth hopeful! :D What supplies are you getting ready lol? I have had my home birth booked in already, told them at 8weeks I was having one lol -unless is early or breech of course xx

I'm very hopeful for a HB.
Been told by a friend who is a student MW that the team I'm under try not to encourage HB, which annoyed me.
I also have to attend a VBAC clinic and see a consultant, but I am really pro staying home. I'm quite pee'd off of even having to go seeing as I've had 2 babies since the section in 2001.
DD2 was a VBAC 2 hr hospital birth with no pain relief, DD3 was 1hr30mins again a VBAC and no pain relief so all going well baby could be a fast labour and delivery which I feel staying home would be better for me and us as a family.
I'm collecting old towels and although ASDA had sold out I was looking at getting their shower curtains as plastic sheeting.

Are your MW supportive? What have your family said?

Sorry to disappoint. The next series is currently being filmed at the hospital I'm giving birth at. I'm hoping it airs before we give birth so I can get an inside view of the staff and what to expect at the hospital. So expect a lot of gurt lush babbers being born.

I hope you do get agreed for a HB. It will be so nice and hopefully peaceful! I already know I won't be and I honestly don't want one after the traumatic birth with DS, also its been 7 years so pretty scared of the whole thing.

Congrats. We're due the same day. Your finding out early. I have to wait until the 23rd October! However, my gut feeling is a girl and it was right last time.

Oh bless you, have they offered you anyone to talk to about the trauma?
I dont think I'd want anyone filming me during labour.

Anyone else do the Chinese Predication tests from this thread?

Im also due on the 14th of March and I hope we get to find out next month on the 10th :thumbup:

Going to be a busy and exciting October with so many scans being booked in.

Sorry to disappoint. The next series is currently being filmed at the hospital I'm giving birth at. I'm hoping it airs before we give birth so I can get an inside view of the staff and what to expect at the hospital. So expect a lot of gurt lush babbers being born.

I hope you do get agreed for a HB. It will be so nice and hopefully peaceful! I already know I won't be and I honestly don't want one after the traumatic birth with DS, also its been 7 years so pretty scared of the whole thing.

Congrats. We're due the same day. Your finding out early. I have to wait until the 23rd October! However, my gut feeling is a girl and it was right last time.

Usually airs Jan to March so you'll see some of it before yours arrives!

Ugh... so we moved last weekend, registered with the gp straight away yesterday. And I asked them how to go about being referred to a MW and they said it's self-referral and gave me phone number for them. Been trying them all day but it just keeps ringing for ages... 1 time it was busy, but other than that it has just been ringing... Not sure what's going on. But I'm 16 weeks on friday, so I should be getting in with them soon-ish, as you're supposed to have an appointment at 16 weeks. Probably get my booking-in combined with that one I'm guessing. If I can get through to them that is! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->