MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I have a private 3d at 16 weeks :) cant hold my own water! Felt baby move yesterday ahh!

I'm abit late but i'm due 14th march :) midwife thinks boy after nt scan but we find out 28th :D
Welcome :)

Watching series 2 of OBEM while doing the ironing this morning. I love watching it. Wish they do a special HomeBirth one.
dd3 hardly naps now days, she'll be 2 when baby is due, but with school runs and everything else thrown in getting a chance to slow down is a rarity.
Early I know but I've started a list for supplies in case I do get a HB agreed.

Yay another home birth hopeful! :D What supplies are you getting ready lol? I have had my home birth booked in already, told them at 8weeks I was having one lol -unless is early or breech of course xx

I'm very hopeful for a HB.
Been told by a friend who is a student MW that the team I'm under try not to encourage HB, which annoyed me.
I also have to attend a VBAC clinic and see a consultant, but I am really pro staying home. I'm quite pee'd off of even having to go seeing as I've had 2 babies since the section in 2001.
DD2 was a VBAC 2 hr hospital birth with no pain relief, DD3 was 1hr30mins again a VBAC and no pain relief so all going well baby could be a fast labour and delivery which I feel staying home would be better for me and us as a family.
I'm collecting old towels and although ASDA had sold out I was looking at getting their shower curtains as plastic sheeting.

Are your MW supportive? What have your family said?

Yes so far my MW's have been supportive, my named midwife is SO for it, she was really excited about it lol -the one who was arranging my scan was more subdued 'why do you not want it in the CMU?' -I said its nothing against the CMU I just want baby at home that is all lol
And my hubby is totally supportive, the boys are fine as long as they don't have to do anything lol. He hated being sent away last time, after our son was born -they wanted me to stay overnight as he was delivered by forceps and had a brief palsy and it was just awful.
I bought shower curtains from ASDA last time, and stockpiled loads of old towels -well gave me months of excuse to buy new ones lol, bought a birthing pool and ended up being induced for being over dates by 14 days . So disappointing :(

Bet ur soo glad 2 moved aint u. Yeh I'm having my 16 week appointment at 17 weeks . Some have it at 18 weeks. Midwifes r terrible 4 answering fones. Hope u get thru soon x
Ugh... so we moved last weekend, registered with the gp straight away yesterday. And I asked them how to go about being referred to a MW and they said it's self-referral and gave me phone number for them. Been trying them all day but it just keeps ringing for ages... 1 time it was busy, but other than that it has just been ringing... Not sure what's going on. But I'm 16 weeks on friday, so I should be getting in with them soon-ish, as you're supposed to have an appointment at 16 weeks. Probably get my booking-in combined with that one I'm guessing. If I can get through to them that is! :dohh:

Eltjuh glad the move went well- and hope your MW gets your message /or answers the blooming phone soon. You would think they would have an answer machine.

xx

I think three of us have our gender scans on 9/25 right? I can't wait...they also give a DVD which will be great to share with my family in South Africa.

my next scan isn't until 15th October- a whole month to go; but then we aren't doing the gender thing just to check peanut is healthy and get a chance to see him/her again :D xx

Oh bless you, have they offered you anyone to talk to about the trauma?
I dont think I'd want anyone filming me during labour.

Anyone else do the Chinese Predication tests from this thread?

I'm consultant lead and they haven't spoken to me about birth plans yet. But no they haven't offered me to talk to anyone. They are pushing for a VBAC but I'm a bit sceptical so we'll see closer to the time. They filming ends in October/November time, but I agree I would hate to be filmed whilst in labour.

I'm rather peeved at my OB right now--he said that given the details I recall of my post dates 41+3 pitocin induction with my daughter and the csection that followed for late fetal heart decels after complete cervical dilation--that he guesses I only have 50% chance of successful VBAC and recommends a repeat csection! Ughhhhhh!

I do NOT WANT another section--I believe the first was caused purely by excessive intervention since I did not go into labor on my own. I have requested official records of my labor and delivery as well as operative report for my OB so that he and I can make an informed decision based upon actually FACTS.

Anyone have any positive VBAC stories to share? Should I fight this MD for my chance?

Gender scan not until 10/21 :( 5 more long weeks to wait

I'm rather peeved at my OB right now--he said that given the details I recall of my post dates 41+3 pitocin induction with my daughter and the csection that followed for late fetal heart decels after complete cervical dilation--that he guesses I only have 50% chance of successful VBAC and recommends a repeat csection! Ughhhhhh!

I do NOT WANT another section--I believe the first was caused purely by excessive intervention since I did not go into labor on my own. I have requested official records of my labor and delivery as well as operative report for my OB so that he and I can make an informed decision based upon actually FACTS.

Anyone have any positive VBAC stories to share? Should I fight this MD for my chance?

'Gender scan not until 10/21 :( 5 more long weeks to wait

I would fight it to be honest, I was induced with last labour, not with Pitocin (artificial rupture of membranes only), but it ended in a very traumatic forceps delivery, but they were trying to prep me for theatre too and luckily my 'already having had babies' body went to 10cm dilated in the space of a few seconds. I cannot imagine that because one labour went one way that the next definitely will too :) xx

My second and subsequent labours were so different from my first xx
Good luck

waiting4damon i would do whatever u wish to do! and if u want a VBAC, i think you should try, at least TRY. to go for a vbac! I think if things arent going as planned with the VBAC you wound end up with a c-sex anyway, just not when they WANT u to!

Thanks Nikki-thats how I feel, if they schedule a c-section at 39 weeks and the dates are at all wrong, the baby could end up in the NICU for any myriad reasons due to not being ready for the external world! I understand the risk of uterine rupture with any trial of labor, but c-section itself is risky--hemorrhage, pulmonary embolism from abruptly dislodged placenta, organ laceration...etc. Neither is best, but scheduling it now would be madness.

Well, we're FINALLY done with unpacking and sorting the house out. Only took us 3 days (literally from morning till late at night most days). Didn't get to do much yesterday as we were out most of the day.
So now we can get back to 'normal' life! :thumbup:

And yes, I got through to the midwife in the end, just stayed on the phone for ages until they picked up! She took my details and said the midwife for my area will contact me and I think she'll book me in for a 20 wk scan aswell! Can't wait to find out when that's gonna be, cause I had one booked in my old hospital for the 15th of October, but that's way too far to still go to that one. So I'm gonna have to cancel that!

And waiting4damon, fight for what you want. At least that way they can't say afterwards: oh you could've had one anyway! Or you won't feel too bad if you can't cause you know you tried everything to get what you wanted.
If you get all your information/notes then you could always try to get a second opinion from someone.

I have a private 3d at 16 weeks :) cant hold my own water! Felt baby move yesterday ahh!

Felt the baby move?!?!?! :cloud9:

Is this your first? I'm dying to feel the baby move but I'm afraid I'll think it's gas. :dohh:

I ordered the Sonoline B doppler on Friday and tracking says it should be here tomorrow. I'll be 15 weeks AND have the day off work. I'm so excited!

I am dying to feel the baby move too!! I am 16 week tomorrow... Had an OB app yesterday and heard the heart beat! Love hearing it!! I should buy a doppler! I have been getting a bit faint and dizzy if I don't eat something literally every hour!!

Have to wait until 22/10 to find out gender- can't wait!

I think I've felt the baby move several times this evening but it's not enough for me to say for certain that's what it was. I keep thinking it was probably just gas or stuff moving through my bowels but it kinda felt like baby. I'm just impatiently waiting for movements so I over-analyze everything I feel late at night (since baby's tend to be most active then lol.)

I even tried poking my belly, drinking cold water and lying on my back. So far all I've had are a couple ripples that turned out to be future farts. :haha: I should probably go easy on the cheese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->