MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Hi ladies,
My pain has subsided to the point that I can function. I went to the doctor and am not coming down with anything. He said all the regular things like increased blood flow, growing baby and ligaments are the cause...except for the chest/arm/jaw pain might be caused by pregnancy related angina (not too worried as my heart has been thoroughly checked out before, due to a murmur, and all is good). Your tips have really helped. I took some tylenol, used a small heating pad on my shoulder/jaw, I am going for a walk everyday that I don't work and started prenatal yoga (on youtube for now until a dvd I ordered comes). So Thanks!!

BaniVani- I get this all the time not just at night. It is really irritating but nothing to be too worried about unless it comes with chest pain. My doctor told me it is due to increased blood volume and some women are just tuned into their own heartbeats. I find that it goes away after about 10 mins of sitting still. But like I said, I find it super irritating and distracting. I feel it in your ears too.

In other news, I am currently in intensive negotiations with...... my husband about finding out gender. He is team yellow. I am team need to plan/know/organize/sooth my inner (well not really inner) control freak/not be surprised while I am in labour!! :wacko: I want to know so that I'll know, which is pretty darn hard to explain to him lol. Anyone else have this issue? He keeps saying that I can decide since it's been so hard for me (i think he means physically) BUT I just want him to agree with me instead of give in!! I was thinking that to compromise we could find out now and plan not to find out for the (hopefully) next one. Thoughts?

haha TTLiveADream, we said we'd find out the first time and then we wouldn't for the next one, but we can't wait to find out!!! It's so exciting!!
Maybe with number 3 :winkwink: If we have a number 3, and if we have one of each already, as then it wouldn't really matter whether it's a boy or girl!

I'm starting to lean slightly more girl now... but maybe that's just wishful thinking :winkwink:

TTLive - if he says it is up to you then go for it -my hubby has agreed with me not to find out this time, but equally if I said I wanted to know, he would go with that too.

I don't know if secretly he would like to know or not; it hasn't come up lol -but if you are desperate to know and he is sitting on the fence, then I would say go with what you want xxx

I can't wait to find out the gender, I had a dream last night that we had the scan and found out but when I woke up I couldn't remember the gender! Not that it's real but still annoying haha. Not one person has guessed boy so it'll be really funny if it's a boy.

I just put a status up about bets for the gender... there's 2 for boy and 3 for girl. Me and hubby bet aswell, I said boy, he said girl. Whoever is right gets to pick the first thing we buy :haha:

QUESTION:Ladies_I had a hard time going to sleep last night. Felt my blood pumping through my veins(especially in my stomach) and my heart pounding to the point, I couldn't sleep. Any of you feel this at night?

Yes! when I lay down or sit still I feel my pulse in my tummy, you can actually see my tummy move with my pulse! freaks hubby out but I'm starting to get used to it, I have felt it since about 9-10 weeks so I'm hoping it's normal, my ob didn't seem concerned and just said it's increased blood flow to baby and is normal. I've noticed my hb is faster now too, at my last two appts it was in the mid to high 80bmp's it's usually 60-65bmp unless I'm stressed, my bp is up a little too but nothing too high (usually 105/65 and it's been 115/65 lately)

oh and 4 days, 21 hrs and 49 minutes until we find out baby's gender, I'm excited as baby has been the only thing keeping me going this week with the loss of two dear friends daughters, two funerals I can't make it to that breaks my heart. Baby is my happy and I shall continue to cling to him/her for love

I always have the heartbeat in my stomach thing... Even when I'm not pregnant. Never noticed it before my first pregnancy though!
But that was the first time I could see baby kicking! I saw my heartbeat and then suddenly there was one out of beat so I knew that was baby! It was so cool!!

Morning ladies :flower:

Hope you are doing okay Disney -thinking of you at this immensely hard time :hugs:

AFM 17weeks and an onion lol -although onions can be so misleading haha -some are tiny haha -but 23cm when stretched out according to some sites I have read and that is well impressive; a real baby in there (even though I STILL am not feeling peanut move :nope:)

I am working tonight so will be interesting to see if my SPD flares up tomorrow again; after 3 days of feeling fab and pain free :shrug::shrug:

xxx

Morning girls. I've had a bad night and morning . Arguing wv the oh.

Aww donna , I'm feeling little thuds now and then now but stil nothing really strong and not often x

Mad when u think 23cm :) x

Going back to the names I have lots of girls ideas and just one for the boys so far. Which do you prefer?

Boy: James

Girl:
Charlotte
Lily
Zoe
Alicia
Penelope
Miranda

Girl:
Charlotte
Lily
Zoe
Alicia
Penelope
Miranda
_________________They are all so beautiful!!

I like Lily
In the states, It's not a common name.
In Italy she would be called gigliola :) pronounced: Jee-lee-oh-lah or simply Lilliana

I love Lily and it will probably be our daughter's middle name (if girl of course lol) Either that or something similar i/e Lilia
Not keen on Zoe , but think that is because of a stupid childhood memory of a girl at my school who was a rotten bully haha -silly how these things stick and come up when least expected lol
I do think all the names you have chosen are really pretty - not much help there was I lol?

xxxx

Whilst still on names -what are everyone's thoughts on Quade for a boy ? Lol Would be my fourth boy and Quade seemed apt haha -or is that just silly?

xxx

I like lily its pretty x
I'm not keen on quade personally but a lot of ppl dnt like names I like lol x

Yes, thanks ladies. I think Charlotte Lily is my fave so far, but not decided of course.

Not sure about Quade, never heard of it. Does it have a special meaning?

Going back to the names I have lots of girls ideas and just one for the boys so far. Which do you prefer?

Girl:
Charlotte
Lily
Zoe
Alicia
Penelope
Miranda

I love all those girls names!!! Good list. Not too fond of Miranda but only due to a bad memory too ;)

OH and I finally had a good talk last night. I was so excited to announce I didn't tell him is as putting up the ultrasound photo and he untangled himself because he hadn't told two of his closest friends yet. He told one over the phone and is seeing the other tonight and then said he'll shout it from the rooftops.
He's four years younger than me and said he's been forgiving of my hormones and asked me to be more forgiving of the time it's taking him to wrap his head around it and tell the people who matter. I guess in my hormonal moods I forget he's so much younger and when he said "think about what you would have felt four years ago" I realized I would be excited, but also much more concerned with 'losing my life' now I'm almost thirty and have friends who rock and have babies and all my worries have gone away over the years. It's been a lot better. He's been keeping me supplied with delicious non alcoholic beer, making dinners and cleaning without me asking. I think it finally clicked for him. He was in tears asking for forgiveness overt he ultrasound photo.

I love old lady names, probably from working with seniors. I haven't thought about boy names at all since I'm so convinced its a girl.

Not my list, just examples of names I love:

Ada
Evelyn
Betty
Millie
Ester
Lila
Ect......

Girl:
Charlotte
Lily
Zoe
Alicia
Penelope
Miranda

I love all those girls names!!! Good list. Not too fond of Miranda but only due to a bad memory too ;)

OH and I finally had a good talk last night. I was so excited to announce I didn't tell him is as putting up the ultrasound photo and he untangled himself because he hadn't told two of his closest friends yet. He told one over the phone and is seeing the other tonight and then said he'll shout it from the rooftops.
He's four years younger than me and said he's been forgiving of my hormones and asked me to be more forgiving of the time it's taking him to wrap his head around it and tell the people who matter. I guess in my hormonal moods I forget he's so much younger and when he said "think about what you would have felt four years ago" I realized I would be excited, but also much more concerned with 'losing my life' now I'm almost thirty and have friends who rock and have babies and all my worries have gone away over the years. It's been a lot better. He's been keeping me supplied with delicious non alcoholic beer, making dinners and cleaning without me asking. I think it finally clicked for him. He was in tears asking for forgiveness overt he ultrasound photo.

I love old lady names, probably from working with seniors. I haven't thought about boy names at all since I'm so convinced its a girl.

Not my list, just examples of names I love:

Ada
Evelyn
Betty
Millie
Ester
Lila
Ect......

That's good to have some relationship worries sorted out now then.

I love Betty, but that's cause it was my nan's name. It's still really nice.

I love Millie and Lila too, and Maisie is probably considered an old ladies name too, but I love that.

Quade means fourth born, not exactly my 4th but would be 4th boy ;)

xxx

You could use Quade as a middlename, that would be quite nice!

Glad things have been sorted out Jessesgirl! :hugs:

I also don't like the name Miranda, mainly because of Miranda Hart (from call the midwife and some other programs) I don't know why but I can't stand the woman!! :dohh:
I find things like that really influence your name likes and dislikes.

I like Quade!!! I think it's unique but not weird. I like unique names. Boy names are tough, especially unique ones, I keep looking since I'm sure ours is a boy but I can't even fall in like with a name. Grrr boy names are so boring!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->