MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

And names wise, I am seriously considering Yasmin Pamela for a girl. Pamela after OH's Nan. As for a boy, I love Ramsay Michael. Michael after my dad who past away recently. Although not sure OH is dead set on Ramsay.

I'm pretty sure when I posted my last bump picture on Wednesday I said I had 2 weeks until my next OB appointment but apparently I have no sense of time because my appointment is actually this Wednesday and I'm so excited now that I've realized that. I'll get the order form so that I can schedule my anatomy/gender scan and I can have that appointment set up for just two weeks from now. I can't wait!

I've been using my doppler each night and I've come to realize, this baby's either hanging out more on my left side or below my belly button. My last pregnancy, we always found her heartbeat on the right side. I'm curious to see if the baby being on the other side means it'll be the other sex. I mean - that one Old Wives tale does say different sexes implant on different sides, right? Anyone that already knows boy/girl have any insight as to which side of your belly you've found the heartbeat on?

As for names... our top boy name is Joshua Harlow. Harlow is OH's middle name and was his late-grandfather's first name. No matter what first boy name we pick, Harlow will be the middle name. Other first names I like are Noah and Nathaniel.

My top girl name is Juliette Katherine. I had a few other first names on my list but once I thought of Juliette, everything else seemed so dull. OH hasn't really told me how he feels about it but I know he likes the name "Emma" for a girl. I'm not a fan though.

Also, two fun things I found in my online journal from previous pregnancies.

There's this website with a fun little calculator. You enter your due date and it tells you what your baby's birthstone, zodiac sign, Chinese zodiac will be as well as about what year your baby would start kindergarten, be old enough to drive a car, graduate high school, etc. It's real neat. The website is: https://www.babiesonline.com/funfacts/

For me it said...
Your Due Date Is Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Your conception date was most likely Wednesday, June 19, 2013
You are in Week 16 of your pregnancy (weird because I'm only in week 15.)
Your Third Trimester will begin 12/11/2013
109 days down, 171 to go!

Fun Due Date Facts
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Birthstone: Aquamarine
Birth Flower: Daffodil or Jonquil
Chinese Zodiac: The Green Wood Horse
Half Birthday: September 10
This time next year your baby will be 28 Weeks Old!
Babies born on 3/12/2014 will start kindergarten in 2019, be old enough to drive a car in 2030, finish high school in 2032, and will graduate from college with the class of 2036, give or take a year.

And then I hosted a baby pool for friends to take guesses at gender, birth date/time, weight and length. I personally think it's fun to see what guesses everyone makes. Once baby is born, you enter the actual bday/time, weight, etc and then it tells you who guessed the closest :) If anyone wants to make a random guess for me for fun, I'd appreciate it. Also, if anyone makes their own game, share the link and I'll guess for you as well.

https://www.expectnet.com/141616/862ae2c3/banner2.png

I love that!!!

Here's mine:

Congratulations!
Your Due Date Is Wednesday, March 05, 2014
Your conception date was most likely Wednesday, June 12, 2013
You are in Week 17 of your pregnancy Why is this?
Your Third Trimester will begin 12/4/2013
117 days down, 163 to go!

The above information is based on a LMP date of 5/29/2013
and a 28 day cycle - Use a different due date

Fun Due Date Facts
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Birthstone: Aquamarine
Birth Flower: Daffodil or Jonquil
Chinese Zodiac: The Green Wood Horse
Half Birthday: September 3
This time next year your baby will be 29 Weeks Old!
Babies born on 3/5/2014 will start kindergarten in 2019, be old enough to drive a car in 2030, finish high school in 2032, and will graduate from college with the class of 2036, give or take a year. Can you imagine?
Famous People Born On This Day
Frank Norris was born in 1870
Andy Gibb was born in 1958
On This Day In History...
The first alcohol temperance law in the colonies was enacted in Virginia in 1623
Samuel Colt manufactured the first pistol in 1836
The air brake was patented by George Westinghouse in 1872
The American Hall of Fame was founded in 1900
The Soviets moved the capital of Russia from Petrograd to Moscow in 1918
Winston Churchill delivered his Iron Curtain Speech in 1946
South Korea and North Korea met for the first time in 25 years for peace talks in 1997
NASA announced that an orbiting craft had found enough water on the moon to support a human colony and rocket fueling station in 1998
Air Force Lt. Col. Eileen Collins would lead the crew of Columbia in 1998
This time last year you weren't even pregnant yet!

Hello ladies! I know I'm not on here much, just too lazy to say anything. I do read up on everyone though, I love seeing what y'all have to say!

My anatomy scan is officially booked for October 15, but we won't be finding out as a friend of mine wants to throw us a gender reveal party. Might as well go in blind and enjoy every bit of it!! My Harmony test revealed I'm not immune to Rubella....even though a know for a fact I've taken the immunization for it twice, once as a child and again before college. Ah well...and Dh and I have to get the shot for Rh factor as I'm A- blood type and he's O+.

As for names....my husband is dead set on us having a girl so he has only helped choose two girl names to pick from lol.
Alivia Danielle (Dh loves it spelled that way instead of Olivia)
Kayleigh Danielle (spelling may or may not change)
Boy names, I've only come up with two first names.
Noah and Eli. I have no clue for middle names on those...any suggestions??

Morning girls. Hope ur all ok. I'm so tired . Had a poorly little boy last night and he woke up so many times. He seems fine today though but I've got a sore throat. Its mad to think I'm almost 18 weeks !
X

I voted on yours Wavescrash! That's such a cool thing to have, made my own and posted it to my fb page... see how many people will vote!
Here's the link if anyone else wants to vote! https://www.expectnet.com/logingame.php?game_name=Rudwick-baby2

I'm tired too Donna! My LO woke up once last night, but he stayed awake for over an hour! Just wouldn't go back to sleep. I sat with him for most of it, tried going away but he just came out of his room again. In the end I sat with him and waited till he went to sleep. Hubby was supposed to get up with him this morning, but he seems knock out (he hasn't been sleeping well) so I got up instead!

Congrats on a brilliant scan shabutie xx

Eltjuh and Donna sorry you are both tired from your LO's not sleeping well, hopefully you can get a nap today and catch up a bit.

datucker -LOVE Eli, it is one of our names too (well maybe mine more than hubbys lol)

xx

Aww bless u, yeh when my oh says he will get up. I normally just do anyway.
I'm use 2 it now ha
He slept so good the previous 2 nights and didn't wake once. I'm hoping he sleeps 2nite! :)
Ill vote :) I think ur having a girl :D

I'm feeling little thuds more and more now! :)
Mainly around this time in a morning and when I relax just b4 bed time . Also wen I sitting a certain way.
I voted on yours Wavescrash! That's such a cool thing to have, made my own and posted it to my fb page... see how many people will vote!
Here's the link if anyone else wants to vote! https://www.expectnet.com/logingame.php?game_name=Rudwick-baby2

I'm tired too Donna! My LO woke up once last night, but he stayed awake for over an hour! Just wouldn't go back to sleep. I sat with him for most of it, tried going away but he just came out of his room again. In the end I sat with him and waited till he went to sleep. Hubby was supposed to get up with him this morning, but he seems knock out (he hasn't been sleeping well) so I got up instead!

Yeh ill nap when he does. :) he normally has about 2 hours at lunch time x
Any movements from baby yet ? X

Eltjuh and Donna sorry you are both tired from your LO's not sleeping well, hopefully you can get a nap today and catch up a bit.

datucker -LOVE Eli, it is one of our names too (well maybe mine more than hubbys lol)

xx

Eltjuh, what size was Lucas?, and what gestation was he born? Lol a little bit of inside info before I guess haha
xx

Yeh ill nap when he does. :) he normally has about 2 hours at lunch time x
Any movements from baby yet ? X

xx

Thought I felt a few little thuds yesterday, am sure it was baby actually, when it happened anyway, then later on I doubt myself again lol -cant wait for it to be more obvious and for hubby (and kids) to feel on outside and to see little appendages prodding out lol
:happydance:

Lucas was 3970 grams, 53 cm, 41+6 (40+13) and born at 19.36 :winkwink:

My hubby is usually good, he actually gets up with Lucas most of the time, as he's not working at the moment. So I'm lucky! But he has some trouble sleeping sometimes and he also suffers from bad migraines so sometimes I have to get up early unexpectedly. I get up with Lucas some mornings anyway, but hubby doesn't need as much sleep as me (especially now I'm pregnant) and he doesn't mind getting up early, guess that's a good thing he got from being in the army :winkwink:

I've been feeling baby every now and then, but was hoping for it to be a bit stronger now (the movements) but they're still pretty inconsistent and fairly light. I usually have to concentrate to be able to feel them, though sometimes I'll sit/lay there and go: hey! someone's awake! :haha:

I reckon these husbands and partners of ours have good intentions of getting up in the night with our lo but in the middleof the night they are better ignoring it. To be fair on the odd occasion that he does get up he makes such a performance out of it, its easier to do it myself ha ha x

I always got up with my children through the night lol -hubby is such a deep sleeper that I would waken first, then spend ages trying to rouse him and then LO would want me anyway haha -especially will last baby who I breastfed for 16months.

Also hubby works full time and I only work part time so I don't mind -when my son was little he was a terrible sleeper, but I could catch up with a nap during the day whereas hubby had to go work regardless xx

Yeah I was always the one to get up at night, cause it would take him so long or he wouldn't know what to do sometimes so I'd end up getting up anyway, or at least be awake in the bed anyway until he came back (and sometimes my son would just start crying again after he left so I'd go in!) And it's still usually me that wakes up during the night. I never minded that I had to get up cause hubby was working at the time and I'm a SAHM. But I was more talking about the getting up at 6.30/7am when Lucas is ready to get up for the day, and I'm soooo not! :haha: Hubby is great when it comes to that, he just gets up and lets me sleep till whenever (though I usually wake up around 9.30/10)
If I don't I usually tend to fall asleep on the sofa during the day! :dohh:
I'm just very susceptible to being tired! Never seem to have any problems with my iron levels though, but still seem to struggle not to feel tired! :shrug:

I am getting really quite tired too now, on my days off I am okay, but working days or nights are really exhausting and it takes me a full day afterwards to recover lol - only 17weeks ha should still be in the second tri 'feeling full of energy stage' shouldn't we? lol

I suppose at 40 I should expect to feel a bit more tired than when I was 21 with my first ;)

xx

I've never expected DH to get up, he works hard all day at heights and with power tools so it'd be really dangerous if he was tired so in my eyes it's my job to get up at night. I just remind myself it's no for ever.
Got stupid consultant appointment tomorrow, really stroppy about going but I'll do my best to be smiley and cheerful won't help if I go in being negative. Just got to pack a bag for MK she gets so bored waiting in the hospital (don't we all)
Scan is 2 weeks today :) can't wait

I don't think it hurts any man to help once in a while in the night , I'm always tired , wouldn't hurt them to help lol.
I have always done the night feeds tho but oh will get up with him in mornings if I ask bt I normally just do it myself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->