MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

....thoughts on Quade for a boy ?
xxx

__I like it. I think he'd have a neat story about his name and it would give him importance about being the fourth. Not easy being the baby brother. I was curious and googled the name, so there's a Quade Cooper Rugby player.

I'm stuck between Simone Janae or Janae Simone...I'm partial to Simone Janae but my mom wasn't too fond of it so I'm second guessing...hmmm, well I got some time ;)

I was kinda like that with my son's name. His full name is Jamie Lucas, but we call him Lucas. It's kinda confusing to some people, as it seems in the UK you just use the first name... whereas in Holland (where I'm from) you can have a 'christian' name/middle name which is different to your first name - if that makes sense. My full name is Ellen Johanna, but my first name is Ella.
So in England when I go to the doctor's or anything like that I always get called Ellen, cause that's the way I write it down when I register (as that's my 'official' full name). Same for my son, he always gets called Jamie at the doctor's, which is confusing sometimes as my husband's name is also Jamie (hence the reason I picked it as a middle name cause I wasn't allowed to use it as a first name :haha: Hubby thinks it's a girls name :winkwink:)
But I didn't like Lucas Jamie, so we still went with Jamie Lucas, but call him Lucas.

:haha: that sounds confusing... hope it makes sense :shrug:

I'm stuck between Simone Janae or Janae Simone...I'm partial to Simone Janae but my mom wasn't too fond of it so I'm second guessing...hmmm, well I got some time ;)

I LOVE Simone! What a lovely lovely name. I've never even thought of that name but it's so nice!!!! Unique, lovely and not too common but not so out there. :thumbup:

I LOVE Simone! What a lovely lovely name. I've never even thought of that name but it's so nice!!!! Unique, lovely and not too common but not so out there. :thumbup:

Thank you ;)
I have a picture in my head what this lo is going to look like, much like my daughter with her thick, black curly hair...and when I think of a little girl with thick, black curly hair I think of the name Simone. My mom likes the names Ramona or Molly. Nothing wrong with those names but I can't picture my baby fitting into those particular names...Guess you got to go with your gut, I was a little upset my mom didn't like the name but it is my choice ;) and hey, daddy loves it..

Morning girls. How are you all. I'm so tired.
My sons slept thru 2nights running and I've slept well. But stil tired I think I've got a cold coming ! :(

I felt prods from the baby thursday but haven't really felt anything since , I can't wait to propely feel them!
Only 19 days til my scan can't wait x

I love Simone too, really pretty and girly for a little one but could imagine it being quite the executive name for a high powered businesswoman too lol

Eltjuh I get called by my middle name too, as I am named after my mum Margaret but she thought Margaret Donna sounded better than Donna Margaret. I have never been called Margaret. Last year at the airport, the passport controller was holding all our 7passports checking the pics etc, and he passes mine to me and says Margaret, when my son shouts out ;your name isn't Margaret, why is he calling you Margaret? 'lol

Embarrassing! lol

Lmaoo ! Bless him.
My mums name is margaret and so is my nans.
My name is donna margaret after them lol.
I think simone is a high powered name aswell!
We are defo set on sophia or sienna for a girl. Not sure which one yet and have no clue for a boys name lol x
I love Simone too, really pretty and girly for a little one but could imagine it being quite the executive name for a high powered businesswoman too lol

Eltjuh I get called by my middle name too, as I am named after my mum Margaret but she thought Margaret Donna sounded better than Donna Margaret. I have never been called Margaret. Last year at the airport, the passport controller was holding all our 7passports checking the pics etc, and he passes mine to me and says Margaret, when my son shouts out ;your name isn't Margaret, why is he calling you Margaret? 'lol

Embarrassing! lol

Hey all, been a while since I posted.. been so busy ill have a proper catch up soon. So weird to see people at 17 weeks! It seems so much further than me.. I sense I'm always going to have week envy in this group! I'm glad to see talk of baby names hehe me and oh have been talking a lot about that lately! I've always loved Evie for a girl, don't think ill ever change my mind on that but I'm assuming boy from the start so if it is a girl its a nice surprise.. but for now in my head hes a boy :haha: There are so few boys names I like and my sons name was such a pain for us as me and oh don't seem to agree on many boys names at all but we both love Riley :)

I'm only 14 weeks too.

As for names I have no idea for boy or girl!! I like the nicknames Mardy and Bella for a girl but I want a longer name for actual name, none of the longer names are jumping out at me though. As for boy, 0 names on the list!

Hey all, been a while since I posted.. been so busy ill have a proper catch up soon. So weird to see people at 17 weeks! It seems so much further than me.. I sense I'm always going to have week envy in this group! I'm glad to see talk of baby names hehe me and oh have been talking a lot about that lately! I've always loved Evie for a girl, don't think ill ever change my mind on that but I'm assuming boy from the start so if it is a girl its a nice surprise.. but for now in my head hes a boy :haha: There are so few boys names I like and my sons name was such a pain for us as me and oh don't seem to agree on many boys names at all but we both love Riley :)

Ahw, I have name envy :winkwink: I like Riley, but hubby doesn't!! :cry:

It's funny how other people that you know, have known or their children influence your decisions. Also, TV characters and film can sway your decisions. I like the name Oscar but DH had a cat called that, so out. I also like Milly but that's what my ex called his dog, lol.

I'm a teacher so most names are out as I associate them with students that I have taught. I'd never taught an Isabella (nor a Rose) before which helped us decide my DDs name.

I love Riley for a boy and Simone for a girl. Lovely

haha yeah, I'm kind of influenced by One Tree Hill.... not because I want my kids to have their names because I like the program so much, but you just realise: hey I like that name!
I picked Lucas way before I watched OTH, but it did make me realise I like the name Hayley. I quite like Nathan for a boy aswell, but I can't have people asking me if I like OTH and therefore called my sons the same as the 2 brothers in the program :haha:

I love Simone! It's my maiden name. I always got complimented on my full name. :) I'd love to use Simone as a middle name, but I dunno. Just sounds like we hyphenated!

(And sorry I don't keep up on here! I am never really on much. I stick to FB.)

16 weeks :) HB 159 and we find out the gender on Wednesday... can't wait!!!

Attachments

• 2013-09-22 13.45.131066856967.jpg
    2013-09-22 13.45.131066856967.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 10
What a cute bump December! So jealous you are finding out the sex! I have to wait until Oct 6.

I don't know when my scan is yet!! :( When I finally got through to the midwives here after we moved she asked me some questions and then said the midwife that deals with my area will get in touch with me... haven't heard anything yet! I want to know! As they'll want to do all my booking bloods again probably and I'm supposed to have an appointment soon!

Kinda hoping she at least tried to get me a scan date so I might get a letter from the hospital with the date on it! I wanna know when it is!!! I guess at least not knowing when it is might make the wait feel slightly shorter as I will only have to count down from when I find out the date! :haha:

Still have so long to wait for my gender scan--30 days to go! But honestly, all I care about is the lack of anomalies. :) 16 weeks already; so glad about that

Hi Ladies. So had our scan and baby is doing perfectly.

Hand on baby's head.
1230068_4861771082247_983732433_n.jpg

Stretching out.
1238299_4861771202250_568357554_n.jpg

Can anyone predict the gender?
1186729_4861771522258_1507278010_n.jpg

The bit behind the neck measured within the limit, so just waiting for bloods to come back. They dated me at 12+4, putting my due date now on 30th March, so could someone please change. Also wondering if I would get added to the FB group, please. So as of today I am actually 13 weeks. Ive got my 20 week scan on 15th November, 3 days before my birthday, so thats quite exciting :happydance:

Hope all you ladies are doing good. Sorry I havent been posting much, I have been reading everything. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->