MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

You lucky ladiees reaching V-Day!!...i am so excited for you, can't wait to be there too :)

Ladies who have had VBAC appointments...how did you get them? Did you ask, were you referred? xx

I feel so sorry for you girls... the pushing part of my labour was an absolute breeze. I had the epidural, went to sleep and got woken up when it was time to push! No pain at all and one hour to get him out :)

I had the exact same experience. Got the epidural. Took a nap. Woke up at 10 cm and pushed her out in under an hour. I didn't feel a thing.

I'm actually scared about delivery this time around because I figure I can't have it so easy twice.

Yea I had the good and the bad with my delivery...Ava was head down but facing the wrong way so was in labour for around 24 hours and only got to around 3cm. Went to the hospital and was put on a drip to speed things up, then was given an epidural and after that was great I did not feel a thing. I had about a 2 hour nap and woke up to being 10cm dialated also, then within 20 minutes she was out.

Morning girls. Hope ur ok. I'm tired! As always lol. I defo haven't got the burst of energy ur ment to get does that apply 2 1st time mums only lol x

morning donna - yep seriously lacking energy here too :( and have a sore throat, sore head and my LO is poorly too. Was supposed to be going to the firework display tonight to, look like we wont be making it lol -too cold brrrrrrrrrrr anyway :)

So wish the nesting / energy burst would hit me too -have so much to do and no motivation to do it xxx

Aww bless u donna. Hope ur feeling better soon and ur little boy :(

Yeh were ment to be going to c fireworks but its so cold I dno if I wna go. I've just gave my son his breakfast and a nice warm hot choclate , gta wrap up warm and take him out shopping inabit .. I so cba lol. X

We're going to see the fireworks tonight, Lucas loves it!!!! And we're going again on saturday, there's a bonfire and fireworks basically across the road from where my in-laws live so we're gonna go watch it with them!

HappyHome--If you don't mind me asking; what were the circumstances of the csection that you had? Were you induced? Was it failure to descend or to dilate?
My MD is discouraging me quite a bit from my chances at VBAC success.

My first birth, I was 41w3d, induced with pitocin drip for 24 hours, reached full dilation...documentation from labor and delivery records and the OR list fetal failure to descent in pelvis as reason for csection.

My MD is trying to tell me that if the first baby could not descend in the pelvis, that the second baby will "not fit" either. Do you think there is any truth to this?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

My section was back in 2001, I had been in labour a long time (not induced) and at an internal examination I was 9cm but they discovered dd1 was complete breech and not moving anywhere, and she was getting distressed so they took me for a c-section. I had to be under general anaesthetic as the epidural failed.

In your circumstances if you have a particularly small pelvis it could be that baby wont fit, I'm no expert.
I think my anxiety and stress comes from the shock of the emergency of it, whereas if I do end up with a section due to the placenta this time (wont know til 36wks) I hopefully will cope better as I will know what will happen.
Though to be fair a section does scare the living poop out of me!

Good luck xx

You lucky ladiees reaching V-Day!!...i am so excited for you, can't wait to be there too :)

Ladies who have had VBAC appointments...how did you get them? Did you ask, were you referred? xx

My midwife referred me for mine. And you technically dont have to attend.

I went last week and we just went through why I had one, what my risks were for rupture if I have a VBAC. And she spoke about the differences between an emergency section and a planned one. It was interesting, but seeing as I've had 2 successful VBACs since I found the information was what I already knew.
I do think its a great clinic though for those who faced a section first time without the forewarning.

I feel like pregnancy is catching up with me the past couple of days. Declined everything and stayed home all weekend and the babies kicks are now hurting when they hit certain spots. I feel like my belly and baby grew a lot overnight and I didn't catch up. Last night I started to get get pain at work beside my belly button so bad at one point I felt like I had to bend over when I walked. Baby was kicking me a lot there so I'm hoping it was stomach pain and not the start of SPD. I usually non stop at work, briskly walking everywhere and doing things fast and I think it's time I change my view on everything and SLOW down. As a FTM I can't imagine how tough this could get.

Very tired here too! Yesterday morning my dd took a nap at 9am, and i quickly vacuumed, did dishes, started laundry, and pulled dinner out, and lost all energy after that for the rest of the day!...thankfully she took another nap at 2:30p and we both passed put til 5:15! I woke up like omg its dark out and hubby walked in the door from work! Lol.... ZzzzzzZzzzzz

Good morning ladies. I feel you all. Not very energized here either. All I want to do is sleep! It is cold and snowy here which makes it even more challenging to go out. What are you all doing to help the days go by? Just keeping track of my 19 month old keeps me busy enough. :p I'm going to sew a bunch of diaper covers this winter and sell them (if I get good enough) at our community birth center. My midwife also requested I make some cloth menstrual pads to sell as well. Should be fun!

Hi everyone, just updating after my scan - been out all day and it has just not been a pleasant day for us at all.

It was discovered on the scan that our princess has cysts all over her right kidney. Am told this is very common but have been booked in for a more thorough scan on Friday to make sure there are no cysts anywhere else. On the bright side her kidney function seems normal (sonographer saw her empty a rather full bladder) so we know she is drinking and peeing normally. No other abnormalities were found, shes a real wriggler and her growth is perfect. The sonographer was lovely and so reassuring but of course noone wants to be told theres anything wrong. :(

Sorry to hear that Loulabump!!
Did they mention what usually tends to happen in this situation?? Do the cysts go on their own, would they need to be removed? Do they cause any dangers??
Hope everything will be ok for you in the end!! :hugs:

Well apparently in some cases the kidney will continue to function as normal along with the cysts and sometimes it doesnt function at all but as long as the other kidney is functioning as it should be she will live a normal life. Many people have only one kidney and you wouldn't know so as far as things being wrong my only silver lining is that it is something common and very rarely proves to be a problem. I now have to hope that Fridays scan shows no other cysts anywhere else x

Sorry to hear that Loulabump!

I hear you Jessiesgirl about the bump growing and feeling uncomfortable! I feel like i have to eat teeny tiny amounts of food or else I feel like my whole insides are squashed! Belly is getting very uncomfortable now and is squashing my lungs so find myself sighing all the time. Cant imagine at this point how it feels when you have a full term bump!

Ugh full term bump was painful for me, feet lodged in my ribs, headbutts to ur cervix, punches, stretching of the skin...waddling....fun times ahead.

good morning ladies

sorry about the cysts on your little princess loula :hugs:

so yesterday I had my normal OB check up ... and he did a scan ... my baby is big and looks so fat on the screen :cloud9: ... everything is measuring on track ... so I asked my doc if he could tell the gender as my baby again was not co-operating :nope: and he said no and he didnt want to guess but it looks like a boy as baby is on my left and boys normally lay on the left side ... :haha:

so we are confused now and have to wait for my 3D scan in Jan :haha:

this is a stubborn baby and kept giving doc his or her back ...

so that is my little update

Morning girls. Sorry about the cysts loula.
Aww baby doesn't want u knowing the sex lol. Bless them :)

I had the best nights sleep last night and I'm stil so tired !! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->