MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

just thought of this... is he still napping during the day?? my girls napped til they were 3 or 4, but my boys had to stop around 2 and even sooner or they slept like crap. would take forever to get them to sleep or they would wake up a lot. it was hard at first to keep them up and busy all day, but it got easy quick

Ye he stil has a nap. I've tried endless times to cut it out but that makes him worse, makes him over tired and cranky , I think he defo still needs a nap.. And esp cuz he's sleeping so badly he's tired not long after he gets up :/ x its hard work x

Whenever you feel like reverting back to the cot.... just think of it this way: if you get him to sleep (and stay) in his bed now you won't have to go through this when you have a newborn!!
Keep at it, he'll get there!! :hugs:

I agree, it will be much harder to start over.

we just potty trained one and he kept having accidents. DH was ready to put him back in diapers for a while :saywhat: are you crazy :haha: im about to add another in diapers and still have 2 others. no thanks, not starting over. im glad we stuck it out, he is doing fab now. only has a pull up on at night thankfully! trying to decide when to start the next oldest. before baby or quite a while after since im not making any major changes with a newborn :nope:

sometimes they need even more sleep to get good sleep. when mine hit a growth spurt they eat and sleep a ton. when they are about to hit another it seems like the barely eat anything and sometimes have trouble sleeping. I hope he gets past whatever is going on very soon!

Well he was eating better but he's off his food again also ..

Yeh defo gna stick it out , he won't even sit on his potty without clothes on he cries and cries if I put him on toilet so won't be trying that 4 a w hile x

yeah they def have to be ready for the potty and really understand the process or it will just stress them out. the one we just did was 3 and he understood it fine, just didn't want to take time out of his day to go :dohh: a week after all the drama he was going fine and even excited about it lol. now he is a pro. my 1 and 2 yr olds I don't think are anywhere near ready. I honestly think I would be wasting my time to try with my 2 yr old.

maybe he did just get done with a growth spurt??

Bless him.. Yeh I don't think he's anywhere near ready yet .. I'm in no real rush, don't wany to stress him out ino he will do it when he's ready.. Maybe ..

Just hope he improves soon. He's a much happier toddler with a good nights kip..
Can't believe he's 2 next week ! X

we just potty trained one and he kept having accidents. DH was ready to put him back in diapers for a while :saywhat: are you crazy :haha: im about to add another in diapers and still have 2 others. no thanks, not starting over. im glad we stuck it out, he is doing fab now. only has a pull up on at night thankfully! trying to decide when to start the next oldest. before baby or quite a while after since im not making any major changes with a newborn :nope:

sometimes they need even more sleep to get good sleep. when mine hit a growth spurt they eat and sleep a ton. when they are about to hit another it seems like the barely eat anything and sometimes have trouble sleeping. I hope he gets past whatever is going on very soon!

Oh I've been there a few times where I wanted to go back to nappies... We just potty trained our son (who is 3 on the 20th).... He did a few pees on the potty and then just kept peeing on the floor (was going nappy free) and I was like: maybe we should go back into nappies for a bit. But stuck it out and it actually only took 1 or 2 days for him to stop peeing on the floor!
Then we had the poo thing... it totally FREAKED him out to poo on the potty, as if he was scared the poo was going to jump out and eat him or something! Made him sit on the potty though and distracted him and sat with him until he was done. And in the past couple of days he's done 2 poos on the potty without us really telling him to sit down on it and he didn't freak out!! So there's some progress there, though the past 2 days he's pooed in his nappy at naptime.... :dohh: He still wears nappies at night and during his nap and also when we go out. But I put some jeans on him the other day which were a bit tighter than I thought they were so he couldn't really pull them down himself and he suddenly told me he needed to pee so I just bought a travel potty that folds so we can take that with us when we go out instead of wearing a nappy!

Don't worry about potty training yet Donna! I had lots of friends who started when their kids were about 2/2.5 but it was definitely too early for Lucas! He wouldn't even sit on his potty for longer than 2 seconds! But he's done really well now and I'm definitely glad we waited! Only took about a week for him to be dry!!

Aww bless him.. Clever boy :)

Yeh I think its best to wait :) my friend little girl is a week older than cj and out of nappies in the day, but ino every babies diff and I was told girls are quicker .. Dno how true that is ..

Yeh that's cj he jus don't show no intrest x

Boots have got 3 for 2 going on right now on baby stuff btw :) incase anyones intrested .. X

Oh I've been there a few times where I wanted to go back to nappies... We just potty trained our son (who is 3 on the 20th).... He did a few pees on the potty and then just kept peeing on the floor (was going nappy free) and I was like: maybe we should go back into nappies for a bit. But stuck it out and it actually only took 1 or 2 days for him to stop peeing on the floor!
Then we had the poo thing... it totally FREAKED him out to poo on the potty, as if he was scared the poo was going to jump out and eat him or something! Made him sit on the potty though and distracted him and sat with him until he was done. And in the past couple of days he's done 2 poos on the potty without us really telling him to sit down on it and he didn't freak out!! So there's some progress there, though the past 2 days he's pooed in his nappy at naptime.... :dohh: He still wears nappies at night and during his nap and also when we go out. But I put some jeans on him the other day which were a bit tighter than I thought they were so he couldn't really pull them down himself and he suddenly told me he needed to pee so I just bought a travel potty that folds so we can take that with us when we go out instead of wearing a nappy!

Don't worry about potty training yet Donna! I had lots of friends who started when their kids were about 2/2.5 but it was definitely too early for Lucas! He wouldn't even sit on his potty for longer than 2 seconds! But he's done really well now and I'm definitely glad we waited! Only took about a week for him to be dry!!

YES!!!! it was about a week of rough days. he would go pee on the potty and I would check him 30 mins later and he would have pee in his underwear. ugh!!! DH said he must not be ready. I almost put him back in, but this kid is 65 lbs. he is a very big boy. he doesn't even fit in the biggest diapers here and was nearly 4 yrs old. we decided to go one more week and see. and miraculously he started telling us when he needed to pee :happydance: then we bought him some new underwear which got him very excited. I think that pushed him over the top lol.

I have heard a travel potty is a great idea. we had to bring Jax home to potty from church the other day when he refused to use the potty in his classroom. thankfully we only live a couple minutes away :dohh:

I agree age doesn't really matter either. my mom was on my butt with my first couple of kids that 'she had all of her kids potty trained by 2 yrs old'. good for you lol!!! my degrees are in psychology and sociology. I know the lasting problems if you force them when they are not ready. :nope:

donna- I have found so far that my girls went a little bit earlier, but not that much. like 2 instead of 3. but the difference in mine was that the girls were much easier. the boys took a lot more encouragement and needed much more praise. and for some reason the boys don't want to poo in there. have no idea what that's all about :shrug: my girls it was never an issue at all. my boys almost acted afraid to poo :dohh: and had to be coached much more. like I had to stand there and keep telling them to try and push lol

I feel like I was really blessed with my daughter and potty training. I always took her in the bathroom with me and let her see the action of using the bathroom and developing a level of comfort with a toilet (seeing my lack of fear :) ). She was potty trained at 19 months fully, both bowel and bladder. I used a Baby Bjorn childs potty seat at first. I also did not wait for her to show interest; I just started sitting her down on the small childs potty every time I went to the bathroom and it inspired her! :)

So lucky!

And in other news, after 2 weeks of grueling paperwork and much time on the phone with my corporate time away from work services, my maternity leave and short term disability due to PSVT are approved!! Thank god! I was so stressed about it prior!

That's great news waitingfordamon, glad you got it sorted! Must have been stressful.

Donna Hope you get a better sleep tonight hun. And I totally agree with the toilet training advice lol, your child will show signs of being ready and when that time comes it is totally stress free, whether they are 2; or 4. My daughter toilet trained much quicker than my boys but then it was more stressful lol. I had her out of nappies at 20 months and it was a strict regime of going to the toilet before we left after we arrived, worrying about accidents etc. My first and second sons were both about 2 and a half, last one was 3 during the day and has been dry through the night for the past 3 weeks at 3 and a half. Totally followed his cues and he done it practically himself, with a few days of getting stars on his reward chart lol.

Any one heard from ruby? Wonder how her and Harry are getting on?

xxx

we just potty trained one and he kept having accidents. DH was ready to put him back in diapers for a while :saywhat: are you crazy :haha: im about to add another in diapers and still have 2 others. no thanks, not starting over. im glad we stuck it out, he is doing fab now. .......

Wow ladies, it just hit me that this will be something I will go through with my future son! My mom had a hard time with my three brothers--all close in age. One would stand up on the edge of his bed, aim directly at my other brother's bed, and pee on it. This way, my other brother would take the blame for peeing on the bed:happydance:!!!!!! He refused becoming potty trained! Hope my little one doesn't do the same :blush:

But, I'm going to embrace these little problems errrr emmm, right?

Morning girls .. Thanks4 all ur advice last nite :)

So cj didn't wake for the usual 2 hours last nite which is great but he was very unsettled and kept crying every hour or so and coming into me , the one time he brought his water & his dummy inwith him and tried to get in my bed I kept putting him back and he did settle til 6.30 in the end , which I don't mind as he did go bed at 7pm :)

So FULL TERM today! Eekkk!!

21 days to go ! X

Thanks for your replies ladies...all I keep getting told is baby is a good size! Does that mean big?? My son was near 10lb so that's all I think it can mean! x

Yay for 37 weeks and full term Donna! Any time now then Chad lol!!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"