MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Congrats Lucy!!! I was thinking about you the other day, wondering whether you had your babies yet!
Such a cute video aswell!! Hope you're all doing well, enjoy your babies!!

Congrats Lucy, what a gorgeous boy, as I bet his brother is too. Fab weights for such an early gestation with twins, hope you are all recovering well and get home soon xxx

Awww that cry sent a shiver down my spine.... i LOVE newborn cries they sound like little lambs.

Glad babies are doing well, congratulations you must be so proud

congrats Lucy ... all these babies being born makes me want mine even more

Hi everyone. Just wanted to report that my twinkies were born early ....

Congrats LucyLake! Thank you for sharing the wonderful news and the beautiful video! May you have a quick recovery! Thank God that everything turned out well!

Congrats, Lucy! He's beautiful. GREAT weights. I hope they continue to thrive, grow and do well in the NICU so they can come home soon.

aww I watched the video of your baby crying Lucy brought tears to my eyes

Just a copy and paste because I don't want to keep retyping it lol...

Well... Leah's heart rate was 144bpm, gained a few more pounds since Friday, Leah is definitely still breech and in my pelvis. My OB doesn't think she'd be successful in turning her because there's practically no room at all and I'm already dilated so she scheduled a c-section for March 6th when I'll be 39 weeks 1 day. However I'm not dilated to 3cm (instead of the 2cm I was on Friday & the last two weeks) & I've never made it to 39 weeks in previous pregnancies so there's a good chance I won't even make it to my c-section date which means I'd get an emergency c-section if I go into labor on my own. They'll obviously do an ultrasound beforehand to make sure she's still breech but I really don't expect this kid is gonna flip at this point, so there's that. I'm debating if I want to bother trying acupuncture to get her to turn or if it would be a waste of money.

Midwife appointment today and had a bit of a scare! Baby was not moving much today, so was getting sent for a CTG then she felt my bump and thought baby was breech too! So ended up in hospital, CTG fine, baby still not moving much but reacting as expected when he/she did move. Had two contractions on the monitor too!! Went for presentation scan and baby is head down, perfect position OA and EFW was 6 lb3 yay!! I have never had a growth scan before lol, I will have at least another 3 or 4 or 5 even weeks to go still so 8-9 lb likely. I can do that!!

I have my home visit arranged for tomorrow and they will drop off my birth kit too , exciting!!
Next appointment next week, I thought I was on three weekly appointments still!

Eeeeeeek!!! Excited now! So close xxx

Amanda, how do you feel about c section hun? I discussed my query breech with my midwife prior to going for my scan, and she said they would try to turn baby first and foremost, and if successful would break my waters and put me into labour. If turning baby did not work then they would support me to deliver breech, asI was dead against it, really scared me tbh. I am a big wuss!! I would have been advised against home birthing though, although ultimately my decision too she
said. although this is baby five, doesn't feel too big and she said that they delivery breech babies all the time at the hospital xxx

Amanda, how do you feel about c section hun? I discussed my query breech with my midwife prior to going for my scan, and she said they would try to turn baby first and foremost, and if successful would break my waters and put me into labour. If turning baby did not work then they would support me to deliver breech, asI was dead against it, really scared me tbh. I am a big wuss!! I would have been advised against home birthing though, although ultimately my decision too she
said. although this is baby five, doesn't feel too big and she said that they delivery breech babies all the time at the hospital xxx

I'm pretty disappointed over the whole thing. I love labor and delivery and am bummed I won't get to experience it again with my last baby. I'm grateful I've had the chance before but was really looking forward to it/labor watching again lol. Plus I have a 2-year old at home and OH will be working every day, 40 hours a week (we can't afford him not to and he starts the new job in 2 weeks so has no time off he can take) so it'll be me with the 2 girls by myself. If I'm not allowed to lift my toddler, I don't know how I'll get her out of the crib in the morning or put her in/out for nap time. She's very feisty and stubborn and isn't quite ready to transition to a toddler bed and won't sleep anywhere like the couch or floor or anything like that. So it's going to make for a very stressful recovery.

My OB doesn't think there's any room to try and turn her and honestly, I agree which bums me out. She doesn't want to try and turn her with the slim chances of it working because the risks outweigh everything else. And our hospital doesn't support breech deliveries otherwise I'd be willing to try that.

would you be able to have Hannah climb on a stool or chair and climb into the crib herself?? I guess you don't really wanna teach her how to do it, but if you're not allowed to lift her there's gotta be some other way of getting her in and out of her bed....

I honestly don't know if she'd be willing/able. I'm sure we'll figure something out... just have so much to think about right now it seems like lol.

Congratulations on the arrival of your twins Lucy! Love the video! You are very blessed. Hope the babie continue to thrive in NICU and are able to go home soon with you.

All the best,

Jonesbaby xx

Maybe worth trying the acupuncture then Amanda, sorry hun! Must suck having your options taken away xx

Hi Ladies

@ Waves scary to think you might go into labour before you c-sec.
My doc will most probably do mine on the 28th when I hit 38weeks exactly. Im hoping I go natural before then LOL

Have you considered an ECV?

I know Im also scared of not being mobile after my c-sec if i do have one ...

how's everyone feeling ... i seem to be coming down with a cold ...

Blessedbaby, I'm well, babes and I are happy after enjoying an apple dipped in cream cheese and marshmallow fluff, mmm... :) Getting random bits of pressure and discomfort now, I think LO is working on his launch position. Oh yeah, and I am sooo tired!!! Sorry you feel unwell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->