MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

She's here! Born 2:32pm. 5lbs13oucnes. 18.5 inches. 2/18/14

I was 35 weeks along. 40+ hours of pain. ......
Named her Meadow Raine :)

CONGrATS!!!!!!! To a speedy recovery for mom and baby!

Update on me:

Went to the doctors yesterday to see how far along I'm dilated only to find that I went ON THE WRONG DAY ! Darn this loss of memory! Going all the way back again with a not-so-happy hubby who said quote, " How could you mistake the day of the appointment. You're pregnant and all you have to do is rest and go to these doctor visits!"

Awww love the men--they have no idea. Yes, it's true that my obligations have lessened, but what goes on in my mind all day long is enough to send my mind on overdrive. Then there's the lack of sleep at night. Hey, I somehow lost a day this week.
:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: :dohh::shrug:
Positive Note:Preregistered for the hospital(A must if you haven't done so ladies) Was able to see the pediatrician ahead of time! Very nice guy who recommended I stay in the US at least 8 weeks after the birth and give the baby a pertussis shot prior to traveling. Didn't want to wait that long but I will do what is best for baby before deciding when to return to Italy.

Thosevibes...congratulations :hugs:

Nikki lovely to hear the update...sending you and your princess lots of love :hugs: xx

Congrtz thosevibes on baby meadow :)

I feel so sore and bruised down below today. Can hardly walk. :( ! I'm so over being pregnant . I'm ready4 him2 come .. Stil scared about labour but just want him here , x

Congratulations on the arrival of baby Meadow! :)

NikkiLewis - sending you and Morgan best wishes for the days ahead. Hope you both recover quickly.

DonnaRobinson - I can totally sympathise with your pain. I feel like someone has kicked me good and proper in the crotch. It hurts so much to separate my legs at all to walk or sit down. I too am scared about labour.... I'm starting to get really anxious about it :nope: 5 days to go.

xx

Got some great news today! Our chunky monkeys central line in her belly button was taken out bc her blood sugars have been so stable! Yay!!

In addition she took a full bottle by mouth for the nurse today.....only 10ml for mommy (grrr) ... But still its an improvement..

She is still jaundiced but within acceptable limits to not need the lights! :)

Hoping by this weekend we can take her home!!!

This going back n forth to the NICU is exhausting!

Got some great news today! Our chunky monkeys central line in her belly button was taken out bc her blood sugars have been so stable! Yay!!

In addition she took a full bottle by mouth for the nurse today.....only 10ml for mommy (grrr) ... But still its an improvement..

She is still jaundiced but within acceptable limits to not need the lights! :)

Hoping by this weekend we can take her home!!!

This going back n forth to the NICU is exhausting!

Fantastic news! Good girl baby Morgan! :happydance:

Yay Nikki! Progress is so good!
After a long wait to see the OB, things look good, but he doesn't want to clear me to drive and I am scheduled to see the neurologist I saw in the hospital after my seizure (I am not pre eclamptic or eclamptic, nor do I have a history of seizures) to allow him to make the choice. Here is to hoping I will be driving again in 7 days! :thumbup:

So the ultrasound I had this morning was a biophysical profile. They got all the baby's measurements and monitored the blood flow through the cord/organs/placenta and monitored baby's breathing. She's estimated to weigh 5lbs 3oz (and measuring 15 days behind) which is only in the 7th percentile. Below the 10th percentile, they start talking about IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction) however since Leah looks otherwise normal and healthy, they just expect her to be a healthy yet small baby.

Normally they'd recommend a repeat scan like this one in 3 weeks to see how she grows in that span but since my c-section is booked in 15 days, they're just going to have me come in for biophysical profile ultrasounds twice a week until I deliver.

After the ultrasound, I had my regular weekly OB appointment, gained a pound since last week (35 lbs total), BP & Leah's heart rate were normal, still only 3cm dilated which is REALLY annoying given the cramping and contractions I've been having. Unless anything changes, I go back next Friday & then that's it until my c-section date on March 6th.

While we were out shopping, a friend I went to high school with who was due 5 days before me, posted on FB that she had her baby on Monday, weighing 6lbs 6oz so that really annoyed me. Especially after finding out there's no change to my cervix. Oh well...

Congrats Thosevibes on baby Meadow. Beautiful name!!! :flower:
Nikki that is some great news, you really deserve some. Fingers crossed for baby coming home this weekend.
DonnaR I hope your little one comes soon, you sound really sore.

I just started getting lightning crotch for the first time today. Stopped me in my tracks and makes it hard to walk or stand but I just keep telling myself that it's my cervix thinning out getting ready to do it's thing. I have to say that my fear of labour has really grown more now that it's not an abstract idea. I don't want to be scared, but I feel like I am getting there.

feel so sore and bruised down below today. Can hardly walk. :( !

Yep!! I got up to go to the bathroom a few minutes ago and it felt so sore, bruised & swollen down there. She's not even head down/engaging to put pressure on everything and it still feels miserable lol.

These are going to be the longest 15 days of my life waiting for my c-section.

Nikkilewis14: Good to know that your lil one is getting better and will soon be home with you!

I went to the doctor today and he said there's really no signs of dilation and doesn't think anything will be happening just yet ;0( It's the first night I really feel anxious!!! Hubby told me that he hopes when the baby comes, I will be moving faster and that my pregnancy is not just an excuse to be slow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I want to send his spaghetti arse back to Italy!:thumbup: These hormones are driving me crazy because I just kept thinking about his comment for a while and told him that I'd make him swallow a 7 pound bowling ball and see how fast he can move!

Wow I have a lot to catch up on in this thread! So we took Harry home last Wedneday after 12 days in the special care unit. He is doing really well now and I am combining breast feeding, expressing and bottle feeding as he gets too tired for all breast feeds- plus not sure I hve enough milk.

We have been home for just over a week and something I was not prepared for was how the lack of sleep feels! Harry is feeding every 3 hours and thinks that between 1am and 4am is party time and is wide awake! This is the only consistent time he is awake every day. Trust it to be in the middle of the night! I think this lack of sleep in addition to adjusting to being a first time mum has made me so emotional too. I wasn't emotional through my pregnancy however now find myself crying for no real reason. My husband has had the last 3 weeks off however will be going back to work next week and the thought of that makes me feel sad. I hope these feelings improve because I feel so blessed and lucky to have my gorgeous boy that I feel guilty for feeling low :-(

Today has been a much better day because I got more sleep last night as hubby fed Harry at 11pm and I was able to sleep from 9pm until 2am and I was also able to sleep in a bit after his morning feed. So I am hoping these feelings is from adjusting to sleep deprevation and nothing else.

Would appreciate any advice from mothers who have been there before!

I'm glad harry is home and doing well hun,

Bless you , *hugs* no1 prepares u for how much motherhood changes ur life and how the lack of sleep is really hard, it does get easier tho, he will just have night and day mixed up, my tips are keep the day bright and normal level noise, at night keep it dim and try not to talk to him, he will soon get in a routine and once he is its so much easier. I remember those 1st weeks with cj I cried a lot . Its totally normal hun x

39 weeks today! 7 days to go x

Glad harry is home and doing well and brilliant news on morgans progress hope you get to take her home soon too I can imagine how tiring it must be going back and forth to hospital. Yay for 39 weeks donna only 1 week til due date thats mad! X

It's so nice to hear babies are doing better! Great news on baby Harry and Morgan!!

It's my little boy's 3rd birthday today! Just waiting for daddy to come home and do some shopping for dinner tonight. And then the in-laws should be over and we'll do some presents and cake :) Can't wait to see his face when he gets his presents!!

Had my 38wk midwife appointment yesterday, baby's head is 3/5ths engaged, which is a good start.... I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's better than nothing!

Happy 3rd birthday lucas :)
Hope he has a lovely bday hun!
Aww defo a start cj was 3/5th engaged 4 weeks n never fully enaged til labour bt stil a start :) !
Chads not engaged at al x

yeah engaging doesn't seem to mean much... it could still be weeks... though I know it's not very common for 2nd babies to engage at all!
But she said his head was very low, even had trouble making sure it was definitely the head considering it was so low!
I even measured 37 cm, which I'm guessing is cause he's engaged now, cause I usually measure right on track! (though I guess I'm still 37 weeks, but I doubt I'll grow an extra centimeter in 2 days)

Happy 3rd birthday hope he has a lovely day. I just had my very first hormonal pregnant lady cry in a public place god I just couldn't help it... was dropping ryan off at school and he usually loves it there and is so good but this week he just hasnt wanted to go. I took him in and his lip started trembling and he sobbed his little heart out and I just couldnt keep my own tears from coming it was awful. I still feel teary now an hour later and I stayed outside 10 minutes to make sure he was ok and he was sat at table drawing happy as larry x

Happy birthday to your son xx
Jessica was 3/5th the week before she was born.

Midwife came out for the last visit today, she says Jessica is still slightly Jaundice but seeing as she's feeding and dirtying her nappies she wasn't overly concerned.

A question for you though ladies:- what contraception were you thinking of for after the birth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->