MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

That's the annoying thing about OBEM. They pick the most interesting births to watch (its an entertainment show after all) I'd love them to air some of the peaceful/calm births.
I've given birth 3 times with no pain relief (not after a medal or anything) so when I watch some of them I get really stressed out that they scream and thrash around so much. Though it always makes me laugh how they pack that in when the epidural is mentioned.
Maybe that's a harsh judgement from me but I wonder what type of eduction about labour they have and the pain relief options available to them. So that they are overly self aware due to the cameras being there?? I dont know.

hey-ho, I'll still watch this weeks and roll my eyes again no doubt lol

I'm not due until Monday. Seeing the midwife Thursday but I'm pretty sure they don't like to do sweeps until 41 weeks. I'm not too worried about it but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go over. The only reason I'd want him now is because I know he'll be smaller :winkwink:
I keep joking that St.Patty's Day would be a great day to have a birthday because he'll always have a great party when he's older. :haha:
Or my Mom's birthday, which is March 20th. I think I have awhile to go yet.

So who is next now lol? Waiting4 tomorrow? Or anyone today?

Jessesgirl and Loulabump do you have a date for induction or section?

I am going by my ovulation date, due tomorrow! Lol feel as if I have been'due' forever haha!! Why do some babies come spontaneously at 38 weeks and some wait to be evicted post 42??? So frustrating!!! Never mind all the ones who came even before 38 weeks, but would not wish a preemie on anyone :( xx

I have a c-section tomorrow :)

Yay Amanda!! Finally you'll get to have your little naughty girl out! I know you've been waiting for a while and bet you're so relieved you'll finally have her tomorrow!! :thumbup:

I've got my 40 week appointment with the midwife tomorrow. She's already said they don't offer sweeps until 41 weeks so it's probably not gonna be anything much more interesting than normal! Just a confirmation of probably going overdue (as I'm actually 39+6 tomorrow, so I won't be overdue just yet! and there's still a TINY bit of hope :winkwink:)

:) thanks! Definitely ready for her to be here and very much ready to not be pregnant anymore. I'm gonna miss my bump but this was a painful pregnancy lol. I forget what my body looks like not pregnant and can't wait to wear all my normal clothes again especially since summer is coming. It still hasn't fully hit me yet though. I'm sure as I try to get some sleep tonight, I'll be hit with a full range of emotions lol.

Good luck tomorrow waves; sounds like it has been tough on you! You little lady being such a little booger and staying breech! ;) I know the c section will go seamlessly; you must be so excited! I hope you can sleep tonight! :) <3 :hugs:

My repeat, scheduled c section is Friday at noon! I would be lying if I didn't confess my already mounting case of nerves; its tying my stomach in knots! :wacko:

Sorry Amanda! I knew there was another baby due this week I was missing, good luck hun for tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all about it <3

I have seen my midwife, got a sweep, was 3 cm dilated cervix soft and stretchy but only 50% effaced but she says it is so soft it will go with a couple of proper contractions so to call them as soon asI feel anything lol. Head a bloody show too. Fingers crossed!! Never worked last pregnancy but I suppose you never know. Bishops score of 8 so very favorable, she says she could have easily broken my waters.

Appointment to see consultant on Monday about going post dates, and to arrange extra monitoring. Hope to not make that appointment ;)

Xx

Looking forward to hearing all the birth announcements over the next few days!!

Donna...did you come home on the same day little one was born?

Has anybody still got things that they need to buy?? I still need extra bits in my hospital bag!! x

That's great donna! I reckon ur gna have baby soon, yes hun I was home the same day! :)

Good luck with the section waves x

Good luck tomorrow waves; sounds like it has been tough on you! You little lady being such a little booger and staying breech! ;) I know the c section will go seamlessly; you must be so excited! I hope you can sleep tonight! :) <3 :hugs:

Thanks! It's definitely been a rough pregnancy (though it could have been worse so I'm grateful for that) and I'm just ready to not be pregnant anymore lol. She really is! But that's okay, I've accepted it and would actually get angry if she decided to flip head down at the last minute lol.

I hope I can too! My 2 year old is going to my mom's tonight and then OH & I are doing some last minute shopping and super-cleaning the house & watching American Idol. I really hope I manage to get some sleep as I know it's my last chance to do so lol. But I'm sure anxiety and nerves will kick in and make it near impossible. Good luck to you on Friday!

Sorry Amanda! I knew there was another baby due this week I was missing, good luck hun for tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all about it <3

No worries :) There's so many of us, it's impossible to keep track. Good luck with the sweep working. It worked for me last pregnancy.

Good luck with the section waves x

Thanks. Hope you are all adjusting well!

Not that it's a huge deal but my hospital has this website blocked so in order to get on here, I have to disable wifi on my phone. Not sure how the weekend is going to go with the baby and visitors so I may not update here until after we're home Sunday/Monday. I'll update on FB and in the FB group though as I can do that on wifi easily.

Good luck Waves...cant wait to hear the good news!! x

Lol not yet haha!! Did have crazy contractions last night, right on top of each other. Actually scared me to death, if that was false labor, how will I cope with the real thing??
I had extreme pain for hours, contractions immense pressure and backache that made me feel sick, but no regulatory to it. Hubby wanted to phone the midwife lol and set up the pool! Glad I never let him, by 3am all had settled again! Although, hubby is still convinced I am going to leave ittoo late when really in labour aand would have preferred to have set up just in case lol!!

Think I must have at least move on a few cm lol and maybe 75% effaced lol, baby has dropped too looking at my bump, I will be totally gutted now if I make 42 weeks lmao.

Officially due today from ovulation date!

Hope everyone else it's doing good xxx

All the very best waves for your section, hope you and baby get home safe soon xx

Oh, and for those who couldn't wait for March a February Baby group has been started

Good luck on your section waves.

Got a sweep today yay. Which is good as I really can't walk anywhere. I want to just check something out with you girls though. Are you able to walk? Every time I walk I have so much pressure going down on me I feel like crying. I won't be able to cope with this for another 3 weeks! I didn't have this with DS and walked into the hospital last time no problems.

Hope ur all ok girls. I stil can't actuli believe he's here!
He's so perfect. Its strange tho cuz altho I cudnt wait 4 pregnancy to be over , I miss being pregnant already.. I miss my bump and the movements..

I said I wouldn't have no more, but I think I probally wil have one more but that won't be for about 5 years if I do.. ! I'm so happy and blessed for the 2 beautiful boys I have tho. Hope to keep in touch as we spent the last 9 months getting to no each other. Feel like were all friends now ..
I have whatsapp if any1 does! X

Thanks everyone :) slept like garbage last night haha. Have to be at the hospital in 3 hours and have 5 hrs until surgery time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->