MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Aww exciting ella!!! Good luck !! Hope he comes along very soon! ! He must no how much u want him this weekend lol x

Back from the midwife! I woke up with period cramping and lower back cramping so that was exciting bc it's my first symptom at all.....she checked me and I'm already 1-2 which is awesome.....she couldn't do the stretch and sweep bc his head wasn't low enough they worry about cord prolapse. Got home and had some bloody show (probably from the exam). At home bent over my ball because she wants the back on the other side and I'm having pains coming and going mostly in my back :( don't want back labour! After talking induction I'll take any labour I can get though....

Ella good luck!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!! :hugs:

Just cause you get pains/contractions in your back doesn't necessarily mean baby is back to back.... My son wasn't back to back (as far as I'm aware) but I had all my contractions in my back.... Think I might prefer that to in the front - had a few proper tightenings in my belly this time (BHs) and they weren't very nice! Not that my back pains were nice, but hey!
Either way it's gonna hurt I guess, so just go with it as best you can! :thumbup:

Nothing yet here.... other than constant leaking, feeling like I'm on my period where you can feel it dripping out!! It's a horrible feeling!!

Just cause you get pains/contractions in your back doesn't necessarily mean baby is back to back.... My son wasn't back to back (as far as I'm aware) but I had all my contractions in my back.... Think I might prefer that to in the front - had a few proper tightenings in my belly this time (BHs) and they weren't very nice! Not that my back pains were nice, but hey!
Either way it's gonna hurt I guess, so just go with it as best you can! :thumbup:

Nothing yet here.... other than constant leaking, feeling like I'm on my period where you can feel it dripping out!! It's a horrible feeling!!

Very exciting! You are so close to the end! My sweep hasn't had the same effect apart from losing some plug, feeling a bit down. Sweep 2 tomorrow. 2nd babies aren't supposed to do this!!! She's active though so that's the main thing.....Good luck E

Hey girls had my sweep at 2.30 so fingers crossed and if nothing happens I'm booked in for induction next wed :) Eltjuh how exciting hope baby is here soon xxxx

Very exciting! You are so close to the end! My sweep hasn't had the same effect apart from losing some plug, feeling a bit down. Sweep 2 tomorrow. 2nd babies aren't supposed to do this!!! She's active though so that's the main thing.....Good luck E

I never did have my sweep in the end.... Was supposed to have my first one today, but as my waters broke before I went to see the midwife she obviously didn't see the need to do one and didn't wanna do an internal cause of risk of infection

Back pain still going on in waves, not close enough to time and I can still walk and talk through them so hoping they keep up. Just went for last minute groceries with OH and now we're getting all the last minute things done and then going to settle in for an afternoon/evening of Netflix and napping to try to prepare. Still spotting just from my cervix check.....so weird to see blood after so many months of nada.
Good luck everyone!!!!

Sounds like things are getting started for a few of you ladies. Good luck!

Had our ultrasound today, things look good. His head and abdomen are ahead and his legs are behind by two weeks, poor kid is going to be so funny looking! The tech says he is a fiesty baby, very reactive. The fluid levels look good, she couldn't get a good picture of my cervix because my bladder wasn't full enough, but I felt like I had to pee! I think this little guy just is so low I can't fill it very much anymore. His weight is estimated at 6 lb 14 oz. But now my abdomen is sore from her digging the probe around, ugh...

Well, my contractions have started..... they started earlier tonight (first one was around 6pm ish) but they were few and far in between..... Around 8pm they started coming a little more often, but still irregular, some much stronger and longer than others....
They seem to be a bit more steady now, though I've only just started timing, as we thought we'd try to go to bed and get some sleep.... but I just got up as I wasn't sleeping anyway.....
So I'm up and keeping an eye on things, hopefully things will go fast now!

Hi ladies just quickly popping in to let you know that yesterday morning max was delivered via emergency c section....i was induced the day my waters broke as there was meconium in waters. I got to 7 cm and would not progress further then started showing signs of developing toxemia. There was no more mucking about i was rushed into theatre. Definately not the birth i wanted but glad he is here and we both safe. Max weighed in at 9 pd 2 so a big healthy boy! Breastfeeding going really well. I will come back when i am not so tired to update birth story. Here he is image.jpg

Congrats Ava's mum!!!

AFM, I'm having contractions now... between 3 and 5 minutes apart, lasting about 30-45 seconds each.... so still kind of irregular! Not sure whether there is anything I can do to make them more regular or how regular they should be.....
I guess I'm just gonna try to hold out at home as long as possible!!
Hubby is asleep at the moment... I was in bed aswell but couldn't sleep anyway so I got up...... I'm tired though! Feeling sleepy....

Eltjuh, sounds promising, my OB wants contractions to be 5 minutes apart and lasting one minute for two hours before I go in, but since this is your second, I would probably call after an hour if you get to that point.

thanks ladies and congrats on the new babies ... Donna to think you thought your yellow bump would turn blue and now you also have a little princess

Being induced 930am tomorrow after this mornings growth scan showed her tummy measurements slowed down xx

Good luck! My LO's tummy measurements were like 3 weeks behind (I had a growth scan 2 weeks before my c-section) and she didn't grow much from then until my c/s and she was born small but healthy. She was 6lbs 3oz and 19.2" long. Has no health issues and feeds pretty well. So hopefully you have a similar situation, just a small baby but otherwise totally normal/healthy :)

Thanks waves! I think her tummy is measuring 37+4 so it really isn't that far behind imo. I think they are mostly worried because in all my scans up until 37 weeks her tummy was always measuring ahead and for it to have dropped suddenly is worrying as well as the drop in fluid level. That has me confused too though, how could my waters have decreased so much in only 2 weeks without my noticing? Surely there is only one way out and I haven't been any wetter than usual? Maybe silly question mind you my head is feeling crazy right now! xx

I just realised I didn't mention the decreased fluid in this thread lol so yeah reduced tummy growth and fluid volume decreased from 12 to 7 in two weeks xx

Congrats avasmum Max is gorgeous

Anyone know how to reduce pic size, won't let me upload my pics as says file too big??

Abi is doing great, breast feeding on demand and we managed to get some sleep last n night so bonus. Her cord came off today, which seems really early but her wee belly button looks fab so not concerned. she was weighed yday and was down to 7lb8 so 7% so no worries there. And we have her photo shoot booked for Sunday, yay excited about that

Good luck Ella hope your baby comes soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"