MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I'm a 12-weeker here too! Ya at 12 weeks she was waving around, jumping...it was most awesome sight in my life!!!

Ok. Lets make guesses on what were having. With absolutely NO sound reason...doesn't even have to be what you want...just what do you think...first guess. It'll be funny to look back and see how right or wrong we were.

Me: I'm guessing boy. No reason. No justification....actually...ok...going by the Chinese gender chart. Lmao. It predicted girl and it was right and it says boy this time so "naturally" it must be right. Bahahahaa!!! Oh my mom also did some silly ring test and it said I was having a girl, then a boy. So...I take no stock in these and know they're ALL for fun....so ya, first official guess is BOY. Lets see how many times I change my mind. Hahahahaha

I remember having my 12 weeks scan with my son... I was so nervous, I just kept thinking: what if there's nothing there???? And then we saw him bouncing around in there! It was so cool!! Loved it!!!

I'm guessing I'm having a boy this time, only because I feel the same like I did with my son and eating more savoury stuff, like I did with him.... But then again, I do seem to eat more. When I was pregnant with my son I hardly ate at all in first tri, just didn't have an appetite.

I'm a 12-weeker here too! Ya at 12 weeks she was waving around, jumping...it was most awesome sight in my life!!!

Ok. Lets make guesses on what were having. With absolutely NO sound reason...doesn't even have to be what you want...just what do you think...first guess. It'll be funny to look back and see how right or wrong we were.

Me: I'm guessing boy. No reason. No justification....actually...ok...going by the Chinese gender chart. Lmao. It predicted girl and it was right and it says boy this time so "naturally" it must be right. Bahahahaa!!! Oh my mom also did some silly ring test and it said I was having a girl, then a boy. So...I take no stock in these and know they're ALL for fun....so ya, first official guess is BOY. Lets see how many times I change my mind. Hahahahaha

I will guess girl then -Chinese gender chart was wrong each time before for me lol -so going by opposite of what it says haha :haha::haha: .... although tbh I seem to grow boys lol, so more than likely another blue bump.
Hows that for sitting on the fence haha???? :shrug::shrug:

Okay going to say Girl x

I am pretty sure in the US the standard scans are at 12 and 20 weeks and any additional scans are due to high risk or preference of the OB/office or perhaps dating. 12 weeks is the NT scan and 20 weeks is the anatomy scan. I have no clue when I might get my first scan, but I should find out on Wednesday.

Anyone else's husband gone really (over) protective???
My hubby won't let me do anything, I wasn't even allowed to hoover/vacuum the other day!!! And when we go in the car with his brother (we don't have a car) I have to sit in the front so I can sit on the left side of the car... same as my son always has to sit on the left, cause hubby thinks that's the safest side in case we get an accident!! :dohh: He wasn't like this with my son!! I know why he does it, and it's sweet, but if I'm not allowed to do anything for the next 8 months I think I'm gonna go crazy!! :haha:

nope lol :nope: don't want him t go mad, but just acknowledge it lol xx
Went shopping yday , never even got a hand in from the car with the bags !!

That's horrible! I never open a door, or carry a bag for myself. Unless I choose to grab the bag or run ahead of him. But most of the time I let him handle it. And that was even before I was pregnant. He should be carrying those bags for you!!!

Must add, hubby was not with me shopping lol, or he would have helped lol -Not that I would expect him to carry it all lmao -pregnancy is not an illness haha - I would honestly go mad if he wrapped me in cotton wool :haha::haha:

I will guess girl then -Chinese gender chart was wrong each time before for me lol -so going by opposite of what it says haha :haha::haha: .... although tbh I seem to grow boys lol, so more than likely another blue bump.
Hows that for sitting on the fence haha???? :shrug::shrug:

Okay going to say Girl x

I just checked the Chinese gender thing.... with my son it said Girl and therefore I'm going opposites like you! This time it says Boy, so probably a Girl if we go by the Chinese gender chart! :haha:

My guess a girl. Purely as I never got morning sickness with my son.

I'm going for an early scan at about 7 weeks as that was when it all went wrong last time. We have an early pregnancy unit near me which is open for 2 hours on weekdays for scans. You normally have to have bleeding or pain though, but I think its more for peace of mind.

I'm guessing girl, but maybe because I would like a girl. But I went of all greasy foods and fast foods with my son & had bad morning sickness but I haven't yet so fat but I have only just turned 6 weeks. I would stil be over the moon with a boy but I would love a little girl x

Chinese gender predictor was wrong for me too when I was pregnant with DD (it said boy). This time around it says boy, too, so I'm guessing another girl!

Waiting for beta bloods is so nerve wracking - anyone else having their betas checked?

I had my first done at 3+2 and HCG was 40.9 and Progesterone was 62
I had my 2nd done at 3+6 and HCG was 275 and Progesterone was 77

I have progesterone pessaries from my last pregnancy so just keeping an eye on P as if it dips below 50 then I will need to use them. My next blood work is Thursday.

Waiting for beta bloods is so nerve wracking - anyone else having their betas checked?

I have progesterone pessaries from my last pregnancy so just keeping an eye on P as if it dips below 50 then I will need to use them. My next blood work is Thursday.

Those beta numbers look great! Australia must measure progesterone differently than the US. Here they want you to be above 15/20.

Those beta numbers look great! Australia must measure progesterone differently than the US. Here they want you to be above 15/20.

Yeah, they told me last time that for a fertility Assisted pregnancy anything under 75 is when they would put me on progesterone but for a natural pregnancy they like levels above 50. I think it it must be an Aussie thing and maybe even down to particular clinics

Anyone else's husband gone really (over) protective???
My hubby won't let me do anything, I wasn't even allowed to hoover/vacuum the other day!!! And when we go in the car with his brother (we don't have a car) I have to sit in the front so I can sit on the left side of the car... same as my son always has to sit on the left, cause hubby thinks that's the safest side in case we get an accident!! :dohh: He wasn't like this with my son!! I know why he does it, and it's sweet, but if I'm not allowed to do anything for the next 8 months I think I'm gonna go crazy!! :haha:

nope lol :nope: don't want him t go mad, but just acknowledge it lol xx
Went shopping yday , never even got a hand in from the car with the bags !!

That's horrible! I never open a door, or carry a bag for myself. Unless I choose to grab the bag or run ahead of him. But most of the time I let him handle it. And that was even before I was pregnant. He should be carrying those bags for you!!!

Must add, hubby was not with me shopping lol, or he would have helped lol -Not that I would expect him to carry it all lmao -pregnancy is not an illness haha - I would honestly go mad if he wrapped me in cotton wool :haha::haha:

Screw that .... my hubby always carries our bags lol I never do it. I really won't hardly do it now. If its like 2 little things than I do .... but if they're full sacks, no way.

My husband thinks we'll have a girl .... I hope we have a boy

Hi ladies, my morning sickness kicked in this morning. Feeling very nauseous! Funnily enough, just the other day I was wishing for more pregnancy symptoms! Now sipping peppermint tea to try settle my tummy!

I am going to guess boy. Only because in my head I keep saying things like "I hope he is ok". will be strange is I am right :winkwink:

I'm guessing girl, she's already stealing my beauty!!!pinples all over my chin :(

I have heard that!!! Baby girls steal their mommas beauty. I don't have much to work with to start - so I really hope it's a boy if that's the case!!!!!! lol!!

I'm guessing girl, she's already stealing my beauty!!!pinples all over my chin :(

Haha I don't know about that wives tale. I had great skin when I was pregnant with DD. But now it's a mess...

Omg i was sooooooo sick w ella, gained. 50 lbs and my skin was oily and disgusting!! This one, im not sick (yet).... Suuiuuuuuuper tired! But my skins oily n gross now too....i also wasnt tired w ella! Ever!

My hormones have officially gone coo-coo. I just read out loud a story in the news of a 30 year old mother of two was killed earlier in a car accident and her two children 10, and 7 were helicoptered to the children's hospital. She died in the scene and had to be cut out of the vehicle and they quoted that the little boy kept asking if his mommy would be getting on the helicopter with him and his sister .... And I lost it. Completely and fully lost it.

I NEVER get emotional about death, no matter how severe or "sad" the circumstances. I have just been programmed to not ever let emotions get to me. I barely cried when my own brother was killed.

But that story, I lost it. I'm still crying. I don't know those people but I can't help it - I just keep thinking of that little boy and him asking for his mommy :(

OMG there I go again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->