MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I was cramping so badly last night that I thought for sure something was wrong, but no blood everytime I wiped!... Woke up this morning SICK and sore boobs... must be uterus stretching!

I get tons of scans because of my diabetes and to date the pregnancy and make sure its viable but other than that I wouldnt have tons.. I usually get one right at the beginning 5/6 weeks, if theres no heartbeat they book me for one the following week to see if there is one... then around 12 weeks, 20 weeks, and then once a month from 32 weeks to make sure baby isnt getting too big and to check my placenta flow. I think my last pregnancy I had about 10 scans. We had some bleeding issues/placenta issues and big growth issues, but other than that everything was perfectly fine, she was just a big baby at 37 weeks so they decided to take her at 38 weeks! She was 7 lbs 14oz so im sure she would have been over 9lbs if i went full term, maybe even 10! Yikes! Im glad they induced me when they did...

So I just rang my surgery to ask if I could get my blood results printed out - trying to get a council house, very very long story, but it would possibly help for them to know (and see proof) that I'm pregnant... And she said: do you think they'll understand the medical terms... she said: it says Beta HCG 289..... I'm pretty sure she said 289!! And when I rang my doctor before, last friday about these same results I thought he said 89... So think I may have misunderstood him and they are actually 289! I'd feel so much better if they are! Thought 89 was pretty low for 4+4 (14dpo) I know the initial number doesn't really mean anything, but it would make me personally feel better!

They are both within normal rage for 4 weeks, 89 is on the lower side but still normal! either way it will be ok :)

I tried asking for one of those, too - but they really think I'm just over-reacting. The nurse told me I don't need to waste my money on having another lab done and everything looked fine so I just need to wait.

That sucks :( Try to stay optimistic...maybe you are just going through a symptom shift or maybe you just won't have a lot of symptoms...plenty of women don't have any and have healthy babies! Your numbers look awesome :) :hugs:

Yeah, but I do understand what they're saying - I am sure they get a ton of paranoid women that want to call every time they cough funny during pregnancy lol

I'm just staying neutral at this point, I see why my husband refuses to get excited this early now. He's a smart guy sometimes, I should listen to him more :p I hate having to admit when he's had a good idea!! hahahaha

Yeah, either 89 or 289 is good. That's the one thing I didn't understand at first is how the HCG levels vary so much from one person to the next, but sure enough - they can be "low" but as long as they rise, that's all that matters :D

Yea I think thats why I am kind of "eh" about the pregnancy right now. Nothing I can do to change things so just going with it. I am excited but overly excited or wanting to change everything around in the spare bedroom is the last thing on my mind right now because until I get to 12 weeks everything is up in the air. In a way I feel guilty because with ella, since she was my first, I couldnt wait to find out the sex to shop around and do everything, I was wayyyy excited... This one.. I dont feel that way. Maybe because it was unexpected??? Maybe because im too early? I dont know.. I am sure in time I will get more excited!

j lynn do u have the link fo rthe facebook group? i messaged u on face book but never got an answer. sorry for being a pain!

Morning ladies - yay!! Eltjuh 6 weeks, so glad to be carrying my little pea haha

Went to GP yesterday and she was fab!!! Didn't blink an eye lid at my age; in fact when I told her I was pregnant she gave me a broad smile, congratulated me and said I knew you were going to tell me that, she could see it on my face when I walked in lol - Midwife booked for 7th Aug (we are on holiday before then and only one appt day per week) - so first bloods then and then scan a few weeks afterwards. YAY!!!
So basically Holiday, midwife apt then scan date -ANYONE ELSE CRAZILY EXCITED ?????

Welcome to the new ladies and I will join Fbook page if it gets up and running.

xxx love to all xxx

j lynn do u have the link fo rthe facebook group? i messaged u on face book but never got an answer. sorry for being a pain!

Ugh - the message must have went to my 'other' folder!! I'll look now :)

I wish we went on holiday cause it would make time go quicker! But yeah I'm REALLY excited about my scan!! haha

Yeah, either 89 or 289 is good. That's the one thing I didn't understand at first is how the HCG levels vary so much from one person to the next, but sure enough - they can be "low" but as long as they rise, that's all that matters :D

True, though knowing it went from getting a (not too dark) positive FRER, means it must've been around what?? 30 or something when I did my test at 3+6 (9dpo) (and also only a 1-2 wk on digi at 10dpo) and for it to then go to 289 at 4+4 (14dpo) means it's gone up a lot more than if it was 'only' 89.

I'm excited and nervous for my scan...praying so hard that we finally get to see and hear the heartbeat of a healthy baby.

Well, there's a baby in there. :) Heartbeat was 141. Yay!

Yay LisK!

Yesterday afternoon I got the call back from the nurse at my OB's office. My hcg went from 236 to 402 (Monday to Wed.) and my progesterone was 24 on Monday. She said those are good numbers. I know hcg didn't quite double but I'm still happy they are decent numbers. So, hopefully hcg keeps going up!!!

Well, a lot of people say they're supposed to double in 48-72 hrs, so I think it's fine! And it depends on whether you had them done at the same time aswell, cause I imagine that if it can double in 48 hrs it can go up quite a bit in a couple of hours!

Looking good though!!! :happydance:

Well, there's a baby in there. :) Heartbeat was 141. Yay!

Yay LisK!

Yesterday afternoon I got the call back from the nurse at my OB's office. My hcg went from 236 to 402 (Monday to Wed.) and my progesterone was 24 on Monday. She said those are good numbers. I know hcg didn't quite double but I'm still happy they are decent numbers. So, hopefully hcg keeps going up!!!

Yay!! Ladies - Good news all around.
LisK do you have a pic to post? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"