MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I told my family (siblings and parents) about 4 days after I found out... only because it was a special day for us (12 year anniversary of my sister dying) so I thought they could all use some happy news!! :) Was gonna tell them anyway, but if it wasn't so close to that date that I found out I would've told them straight away! - Also I was due my period on that day.... which is kind of weird, as I'm due on the 7th of March and my sister's bday was the 12th of March, and we always wanted to have a girl have my sister's name as a middle name.... Kinda freaky!

Anyway, I told my family almost straight away... But my husband has only told his brother... he wanted to wait to tell anyone until 12 weeks, but I would like to have someone to talk to if something goes wrong (again) and I would personally feel a bit upset if one of my sisters would be pregnant and not tell me until 12 weeks! Though I'd understand why...
So hubby only told his brother, only because he was supposed to come to Legoland with us and ofcourse I couldn't go in many of the rides and he'd probably ask questions!

But it's totally upto you when you want to tell your family!!

I told my family right away too. I had barely finished peeing on a stick and was already dialing my sister. :) Like Eltjuh , I would want my family's support if something went wrong.

Congrats and welcome!! Yay... we share due dates!! :-D xxx

Hi all! I'm nervous to be here. We have had a horrible year. My dd just turned one yesterday but for the first five months she had colic and other issues (she is my second). Then when all that settled down, my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Sadly, we lost my dad on June 20th. I have had a very emotional week knowing that my dad wouldn't be here to celebrate my daughter's birthday (the last words my dad said to me was "happy birthday"). Yesterday on dd's birthday, we got a bfp. I have calculated that I am due on march 18th! So excited to join this group. This will be my last baby. I'm in awe because it took 3.5 years for my son so I didn't think I would be carrying 1 baby, much less have others! My son will be 4 in september. I just turned 34 on June 17. HH 9months to us all!

(sorry that was long)

:thumbup:Hi!! I just got a BFP, due March 25th by LMP.
CRAZY... My son turned 6mo today! We tried for year and half for him and we weren't even trying this time!
Also got my BFP the day I was supposed to have major dental surgery and one day before my last day at my job (Was going to quit to stay home with my son) and now I have to call back and say "just kidding ha ha ha"
Congrats to everyone here and FX for everyone trying!!!!!

We haven't told anyone this time. We told a few friends last time and it ended badly. This time we're waiting until the 12 week scan.

:thumbup:Hi!! I just got a BFP, due March 25th by LMP.
CRAZY... My son turned 6mo today! We tried for year and half for him and we weren't even trying this time!
Also got my BFP the day I was supposed to have major dental surgery and one day before my last day at my job (Was going to quit to stay home with my son) and now I have to call back and say "just kidding ha ha ha"
Congrats to everyone here and FX for everyone trying!!!!!

Mu first is 6 months too! Congrsts!

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! Hope everyone is doing alright today.

So I have a question! When are you planning on (or have you already) told your parents and in-laws? Both our parents live in the same town, three hours away, and we want to tell them in person.

We will be there next weekend, and I will be six weeks pregnant. Is that too soon to tell? We could always wait until we are in town next time, which would probably be a few weeks after that, most likely around nine or ten weeks preggo (if beanie sticks).

Thanks ladies! :)

Our entire family knows:). We only do the 12 weeks thing w facebook...

Went out to lunch and felt really sick after eating but chalked it up to eating too much...Then fell asleep for two hours and woke up feeling like I was going to toss my cookies. Went to the movie and felt sick the whole time...tried to eat dinner and felt so terrible I couldn't finish it so maybe morning sickness is setting in after all. My boobs also hurt insanely bad and are giving off heat?! Ouch!

wavescrash-seeing your bump pics make me smile. i have stretchmarks too from my prior pregnancy. im glad im not alone. i am also 27, DH (25), DD(5). are you a petite lady? Im only 5'4" and always wondered if that was why I got awful stretchmarks?

hockeywife: mild cramping is actually reassuring in early weeks to my OB. She said it means a deep implantation :)

I hate symptoms. All mine have seem to vanished today. I'm now panicking that I will be miscarrying again. The only reassurance I have is I had none with my son. But that still wouldn't explain why I had them for the last week and now all gone.

Yesterday I hit 5 weeks and I felt so normal and un-pregnant. I was a little tired but it could have been due to a lack of sleep more than anything. Boobs didn't hurt. No real nausea. Nothing at all. Today my boobs hurt again. I had bouts of nausea. I was paranoid yesterday though so I googled and a lot of women commented on a disappearance or lessening of symptoms around week 5 and then another surge of them around 6-7 weeks.

I hit 5 weeks today, and really have no symptoms. Going for 2nd beta on Monday. Fingers are crossed.

I wish you the best of luck

Hi lovely ladies. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had such a crazy few days. All started Friday. I called my dr for those results and instead of booking my prenatal appt she just said the dr wanted to "see" me and I could just walk in Saturday morning. I asked for the results and she said she couldn't over the phone...I basically hung up and cried because if everything was ok why didn't they book my appt?? So around 6:30 that night I get a phone call from the nurse saying she spoke with my dr and wanted her to call me and book my prenatal appt. she's like even though she can't discuss the results over the phone, she hoped booking that appt would give me what I need to feel better! I said yes definitely and almost cried again. Hahaha. She was so nice and like "I hope that helps you feel better and have a better weekend?" I'm like absolutely!!!!! So I'm sooooo relieved and glad everything worked out.

Told my in laws today and they were all so excited. My FIL cried. Hahah. He's so cute like that. So now our immediate families know. I plan to tell my extended family...my aunts and uncles in a couple of weeks at a family party....and then that will be it. Ill tell my boss but won't tell work or fb till 12 weeks.

I went to a wedding today and my poor dad had to keep drinking and swapping wine with me. If someone bought me wine, he'd chug 1/2 his then swap glasses with me so it looked like I'd drank it. My dads not a huge drinker but ended up drinking like 6 glassss of wine in 3 hours and he was pretty hammered. It was so cute. On our way home in the car he's like "don't worry..I took one for the team!" Lmao. I dropped them off and my dad was asleep on the couch before I could even go in to pee. Hahahaa. So cute

Sitting on the couch watching dirty dancing. God I love this movie!!!

Awe thats so sweet with ur father !!

Btw dirty dancing is my fave movieeee! :)

Hi all.
I work in the ER nights as an RN and it is kicking my butt!
Tonight I am nauseous, frequently dizzy, and have a major headache!
Anyone else want to join the nasty symptom pity party?

Hope you all feel better than I do.
Countdown to scan: 10 days

Eltjuh- yes, you totally remember me from then!! :)

Wavescrash- I am so sorry about your home situation! I pray your hubby gets a great job very soon! I think we have this idea that everyone is going to be negative about our pregnancies when things aren't ideal but us ladies are problem solvers. No situation is ideal there is always some sort of drama in our lives. I am sure some will be negative but I wouldn't worry about it and just think about the growing bean in our bellies! :) ps I totally went to target today to look for that big sis shirt :(

Has anyone thought of announcement ideas? Broke the news to family or siblings?

Ugh.... hate hot flushes!! :s just got up and feel like i've just finished exercising!

Yes I was complaining at 5 weeks that I had no symptoms but for the last week I have felt crap from the moment I have woke up aghhhhh. I have sneakily told my mum because she kept asking how my docs appointments were going apart from that we are going to try and wait x

Welcome workin4aliving!! Hope you have a good 9 months!! :flower:

Brookettc3, I remember now (well I looked it up!! :blush:) You stopped ttc cause you found out you had hyperthyroid?? (or maybe didn't stop...) Anyway it's funny you said you might be out forever in the March testing thread, and now you're in the due in March thread :thumbup:

Morning girl, welcome new girls. I woke up feeling sick and boiling hot . On the plus side my son slept thru so I got an ok sleep x

feeling the same ...but add constipated. Never had this problem in my life! My poor husband wants a hot sexual night and I am really not in the mood. How are you ladies feeling? I heard you may want sex all the time when pregnant. I wish that was my case, but how can constipation, nausea, and a bloated stomach get you in the mood :( my poor hubby

Girls how would I no if I had food posioning ?
Sorry 4 tmi.. But I cudnt keep of the toilet this morning & I feel reli sick , I don't no if its m/s or I've got food poisioning from bbq food yday , I'm scared incase I have & it hurts baby x

Ugh, I feel like bloody hell. Didn't have nausea with my first, but that has all changed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->