MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Well I'm completely confused......
Went in for the scan, she said I have a retroverted uterus, so apparently not the easiest.

But she couldn't see anything with either scan and said that its definite that there's nothing in there. There is no pregnancy.

I haven't bled a drop, She did a hpt while I was there after she'd made me pee o my second wee in 10mins and said its slightly positive so ill call it negative.

I have to go back a week on Thursday so that they can test my urine, as I said I'm still getting positive tests at home.

On the way home we went to tesco and got some tesco digis

I just did one, with very diluted urine as in it was like water, and it's come back pregnant.....

So now I'm more confused than when I started

I'd take that pregnancy test and show ur doctors, they can't make u wait a whole week too see u again, ull go out ur mind , I've heard they use less senstive tests than ones we use tho. Are u getting dark postives, ur clearly pregannt hun, maybe ur just not as far as u think x

The lowest I could possibly be is 6+1

I'm getting pregnant on a tesco digital

I really have no idea with it comes to different shape uterus , but could that have any bearing on what she could or couldn't see ? X I'm sorry u didn't get much answers x

That is so confusing...maybe you could go to get blood work done to determine your bHcG level? Anything under 1,200 generally is not seen on a scan...maybe you are just earlier than you thought? Or perhaps she was just a shoddy tech. :hugs:

Thanks girls x x x

Waiting on gp calling me back xx

Ya Mrs A that just sounds so off....especially if you've had no bleeding......it has to go somewhere. I would really be asking more questions. My neighbor was told she had an etopic pregnancy at 5 weeks. There was a tech, who SAID it was and booked her for a surgery to remove it. She was knocked out on the table. Woke up to find out at the last minute the dr performing the surgery asked for an u/s machine just to confirm and sure enough there was the baby chilling where it should. That "etopic" pregnancy according to that tech is now a wild 2 1/2 year old. Some people are crap at their jobs!!!! Hopefully once your dr gets the results he/she will be as confused and want more answers???

Sorry guys...you guys talk a lot :). I couldn't read anything because there was a lot since I logged on last. I hope everyone is ok. Mrs A I'll be thinking of you.

Question to those that exercise: What are you doing? I've been doing zumba, swimming and aqua zumba for six months. I'm thinking of doing swimming and aqua zumba. I have questionable knees so I think I will sit regular zumba out.

Thanks girls x x x

Waiting on gp calling me back xx

I would put my foot down for answers hun.
I also heard from a tech that it takes a hcg of around 1500 before anything might show, and could be 6+weeks depending on the uterus?

retroverted should have nothing to do with it although I think it would make it easier for baby to "hide". Mrs A, was it an internal scan or just over the belly?

Mrs A, could you get in for a scan with someone else today? It seriously sounds like the tech didn't know what she was doing.

I've tried, they won't do anything else, they said to go back next wed morning, they'll do a hpt and then if that's still positive they'll rescan. I'm going to take one of my tests to show her with the same urine too!

That's so weird and doesn't make sense .... I'm voting with everyone else and going for that tech just not knowing what she's doing. She should have called someone else in to assist her. I'm sorry you have to deal with that :(

That's so weird and doesn't make sense .... I'm voting with everyone else and going for that tech just not knowing what she's doing. She should have called someone else in to assist her. I'm sorry you have to deal with that :(

They should have gotten a second opinion imo!

Thanks girlies, means soooo much

I mean how can a sac just disappear? With positive tests!

She said it was slightly positive, so she'd call it negative! I literally been to the toilet 3mins before hand cause she asked me to empty my bladder!

Sorry guys...you guys talk a lot :). I couldn't read anything because there was a lot since I logged on last. I hope everyone is ok. Mrs A I'll be thinking of you.

Question to those that exercise: What are you doing? I've been doing zumba, swimming and aqua zumba for six months. I'm thinking of doing swimming and aqua zumba. I have questionable knees so I think I will sit regular zumba out.

Water is more gentle on the knees and easier going generally. I still do two aerobics classes on Monday and Wednesday, but don't go all out as its too hot, plus I'm being cautious and doing light exercise. I plan on telling my instructor tonight. You should tell yours also.

I've tried, they won't do anything else, they said to go back next wed morning, they'll do a hpt and then if that's still positive they'll rescan. I'm going to take one of my tests to show her with the same urine too!

Thats awful they left you in limbo like that!

Can't believe what happened to you Mrs A!!! :hugs: Can't believe they're making you wait another week aswell!! I can understand, because if you're not as far along as you thought it would take a while to show something, but I agree with others on the fact they should've given you a second opinion! Isn't there any way you could go to a different hospital? Or get a private scan yourself??

You must be so confused!!! :hugs: Hope you're ok!!

A private scan would cost me £100.

It's not something I want to spend, when I shouldn't have to. X x x x x

see with me (retroverted as well) it took a good few minutes to find the baby that early on. Even then she had to do internal and hurt me to find the baby. I think it's bull what they are putting you through.

I'll inform my instructor because she will want to know why I'm not going to her zumba class but she sees in aqua! I do independent swimming (half of mile). I'm hoping if I stay in shape, that I won't develop postpartum PE like I did with dd nor have PIH like I did with ds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->