March/April BFP's who's going for it!! NEW LADIES COME JOIN IN!!

Oh My Goodness!!! Now I want another dog although there is no way hubs would let another dog come into this house haha! They are adorable!

Haha, I feel that women have a certain weakness when it comes to pets...especially baby animals! They ARE cute! Trying not to get too attached yet...not a good place to be in BEFORE you even go to meet them...lol. :)

Awwwww a door a bull!! ;) I made myself a bacon, egg & cheese sandwich. Here's hoping it doesn't make me sick!

Awwwww a door a bull!! ;) I made myself a bacon, egg & cheese sandwich. Here's hoping it doesn't make me sick!

Hi Sweetz! :wave:

I know you're being more careful this pregnancy with food because of last time around, and I remember the conversation you and Storked had the other week about take away and lunch meat etc, so!... I just wanted to let you know that in Australia, OBs recommend no undercooked meats, or meats from delis that haven't been cut freshly in front of you (and those should be eaten on the same day or frozen straight away and then eaten immediately on thawing). With bacon, I asked them to cut it for me fresh then froze it until I was ready to cook it.

Do you girls also get told not to eat raw or undercooked eggs?

I so love bacon and eggs, but I mostly avoided them during pregnancy because of the risk of listeria.

Hope you're feeling better soon lovely xx

I eat my bacon almost burnt so no worries there haha. They suggest eating no undercooked meats or animal by-products ( ie: eggs)

Interesting that food choices would be the discussion of choice tonight. I went with my friend to her 20 week scan (her husband is on work related travel) and we had a long discussions about not to eat. We discussed the long living seafood, deli meats and undercooked meats to avoid. I love sushi and should have gotten my last does in before ovulation. Not a fan of deli meats and undercooked ... well I do appreciate a medium well steak but can do without. I'm with Sweetz, I love crispy bacon. LOVE, so I'm glad it isn't on the list of do not eats.

Oh so the doctor said if someone is hell bent on having deli meats, one can heat the deli meat thoroughly then let it cool. After it cools, one must eat it within an hour or so. So for those of you that just have to have it, here lies the workaround! Happy eating all.

Hi Sweetz! :wave:

I know you're being more careful this pregnancy with food because of last time around, and I remember the conversation you and Storked had the other week about take away and lunch meat etc, so!... I just wanted to let you know that in Australia, OBs recommend no undercooked meats, or meats from delis that haven't been cut freshly in front of you (and those should be eaten on the same day or frozen straight away and then eaten immediately on thawing). With bacon, I asked them to cut it for me fresh then froze it until I was ready to cook it.

Do you girls also get told not to eat raw or undercooked eggs?

I so love bacon and eggs, but I mostly avoided them during pregnancy because of the risk of listeria.

Hope you're feeling better soon lovely xx

I know raw eggs should be a risk (former microbiology geek here) but I'm not sure about partially cooked eggs. It wasn't mentioned during today's appointment but will ask tomorrow. My friend was given a master list of eating do's and dont's.

I was told not to have runny egg (??) and also that it doesn't matter so much how well-cooked the bacon is, but that it was fresh when you cooked it. So don't buy and have it sitting in the fridge for a few days before you fry it up.

While we're still on food, we also shouldn't be having soft serve (in ice-cream or in shakes) or salads from a salad bar / food court or that have been prepared more than 24 hours prior (ie cut up and thrown together). Apparently salads are one of the bigger risks for listeria! And not one that I ever knew about prior to being pregnant with my DD.

xx

I've heard all that too, even the soft scoop ice cream (Though a family friend has continued to eat that throughout her twin pregnancy and she's now 28 weeks pregnant with two completely healthy babies)...I think, when I'm next pregnant again, I'll abide by the whole thoroughly cooked meats malarky, but I'm not going to stress myself out wondering whether everything I eat is safe...our parent generations didn't have half as much information and we're still here and healthy, and the guidelines for food manufacturing is so much more strict now, so I guess the healthcare system just purely give us guidelines as a safeguard...of course it's not impossible to get things like listeria, but it's much less likely and I'd rather enjoy my pregnancy by overall eating healthily.

AFM: 4dpo, and absolutely nothing to note...my breasts are STILL no where near sore and I've got this feeling that this month is going to be another dud...I think I'm feeling a little down because a friend of mine (Well, friend before she stopped contacting when i miscarried...some friend that was), who is 3 weeks ahead of where I'd be if I were still pregnant, is CONSTANTLY broadcasting on facebook about her pregnancy, literally once every couple of hours...she's posting pictures of her non-existant baby bump like once a day, and it's really getting me down because the things she's writing is what I should be experiencing...I'm tired of reading it to be honest...after all this, I'll never rub other people's faces in it when I'm pregnant again because it's made me realise that you never necessarily know who'd love to be pregnant but are finding it hard to achieve it.

Think I just wanted to get some stuff off my chest today...sorry for the long post, and I'll try and think more positively now x

Aww lovely - I'm sorry she's being thoughtless =( It's hard. :hugs:

But hey, don't count yourself out yet. 4DPO is still so early, and you won't have symptoms until after implantation anyway (which is usually 6-9DPO). :dust: for you xx

I understand what you're saying about food and enjoying pregnancy. Maybe it's different for me in the land of Oz cause we have some of the POOREST food standards in the Western world! I know I'm just going to be so careful.

GM ladies(it's 8:29am over here)! Yayyy for you sweetz, I'm glad everything is ok and that you're going in for your U/S. I kno everything will be just fine!!

Lpjkp: sorry about your friend. Mine did the same thing, I m/c but she was still progressing in her pregnancy but she called me everyday 2x a day to tell me all about her little bean, I was so uncomfortable and sad but she didn't realized that so I just stop talks to her as much. It'll get better ma'am, it has to.

Mummy2One: You're bk! Yayyy!!

AFM: No more bleeding :happydance: Alittle nauseous but drinking ginger ale to keep it down. My nurse told me I have to drink 100 ounces of H2O...like that'll happen. Hope everyone have a Great Day!

Good morning lovelies!

Mummy - thanks for the food info! I would have never thought of soft ice cream and salad bars as being a risk.

Lp - I totally know what you mean. I wrote another post about this a few weeks ago... It seems like everyone I know is announcing their pregnancy, all the while I have had 3 m/cs. It just seems so unfair. I agree that I'll never ever gloat about my pregnancy. In fact, I think I'm going to announce by showing my 16-20 week bump, lol. Of course, I'll keep my own collection of pictures, but in my opinion it shouldn't be for the world t see anyway, especially when it feels so sacred as after a loss. Will never ever take being a mom for granted!

AFM - 7dpo today. Despite yesterday's temp dip to 97.7 (36.5) today it skyrocketed up to 98.6 (37)! I bought a second thermometer so I know it was actually accurate. If that *was* an implantation dip (let's face it, lots of non pregnant cycles have dips), my body is certainly responding the way it should. Weird cycle though. Looks like a "staircase rise". Never had that happen before! Only a few more days till testing!!

Good morning lovelies!

Mummy - thanks for the food info! I would have never thought of soft ice cream and salad bars as being a risk.

Lp - I totally know what you mean. I wrote another post about this a few weeks ago... It seems like everyone I know is announcing their pregnancy, all the while I have had 3 m/cs. It just seems so unfair. I agree that I'll never ever gloat about my pregnancy. In fact, I think I'm going to announce by showing my 16-20 week bump, lol. Of course, I'll keep my own collection of pictures, but in my opinion it shouldn't be for the world t see anyway, especially when it feels so sacred as after a loss. Will never ever take being a mom for granted!

AFM - 7dpo today. Despite yesterday's temp dip to 97.7 (36.5) today it skyrocketed up to 98.6 (37)! I bought a second thermometer so I know it was actually accurate. If that *was* an implantation dip (let's face it, lots of non pregnant cycles have dips), my body is certainly responding the way it should. Weird cycle though. Looks like a "staircase rise". Never had that happen before! Only a few more days till testing!!

Very well said about when you will announce!

Hopestruck - I hear ya on announcing:cry: I was just looking at my old pg chart and I had a dip on 2DPO (2nd estrogen surge) :shrug: and then another dip 8DPO, then my temp went up 9DPO, dipped again 10DPO (was sure I was out:cry:) then up it went 11DPO :happydance: to me yours is looking :thumbup::dust::dust::dust:

Never - :happydance: excellent news about no bleeding, and if the nurse says drink then drink you must hun - can you not make up a weak cordial instead of just H20, I couldn't drink just H20 it made me gag:winkwink:

AFM - well anyone care to guess what's going on with my chart? - a big fat NOTHING :haha:

:hugs:

X

I am so confused ladies! I thought for sure I ovulated already. (tmi alert) I had cm that appeared to be ovulation time cm; however now I have pardon my words, a lot of cm me & hubs have done it for the past few days but I feel like if we don't do it tonight I will kick myself thinking we missed it when I saw it plain as day in front of me!?!?!? Any ideas ladies do I just need to be freak girl and do it every time I have cm?

Oh the joys of ttc!

Bans: do it,do it!!!! You never know,this could really be it and you'd be kicking yourselves if you missed it!xx

My hubby is gonna be like gah 3 days in a row, but I am fearing I will have to take one for the team and just lay it on him haha! The things we do ;)

Haha,I know what you mean!I made my dh do it 8 days in a row this month coz of that damn cbfm,and he's only just starting to recover!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->