March/April BFP's who's going for it!! NEW LADIES COME JOIN IN!!

Hehe :-D:laugh2:

So I have two off topic questions.

How do you tell someone, without sounding condenscending that pasta is pasta. My sweet, aging MIL has informed me that she prefers the taste of spaghetti noodles to that of linguini noodles. :huh: I mean ... they're both made of the same thing but just different shapes. Sigh.

Also I see that there is a condition known as MTHFR that appears to be a challenge for those trying to conceive. When I first saw the acronym (you know me and acronyms) I thought it was a form a SMEP where you BD only on Monday, Thursdays and Fridays. Weelllll, clearly it isn't. Anyone able to summarize what it is?

Next US is at 10 weeks. So in 3 weeks. :) COME ONNNNN~~ 7 weeks until I am out of the 1st tri....I am being so impatient!!

Sweetz, we got to do what we got to do!! LOCK IT UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY....at least somewhere we can find it later on. When you go for your next U/S?

BayBeeEm: O My that tickled me so!! Lol!! Thank You ma'am for being sweet!! But I dont think we can anything done with just me and you we need the men and their little sperm men, it's cheaper with them :haha: But Thanks for making me laugh. Hey your not the only one, whenever a BFP, my eyes get huge too and I be trying to quickly read if it's real. My family members love trying to be noisy Bc I will be smirking and talking to myself about the bfp's while online. Haha, it's addictive!!

I wonder when 16 & pregnant is coming bk out?

You present some very salient points about the usefulness of our DHs. Certainly is cheaper to keep 'em!

Yes, Sweetz, when will we see your next U/S. Wait, did I miss a first?

How do you tell someone, without sounding condenscending that pasta is pasta. My sweet, aging MIL has informed me that she prefers the taste of spaghetti noodles to that of linguini noodles. :huh: I mean ... they're both made of the same thing but just different shapes. Sigh.

Also I see that there is a condition known as MTHFR that appears to be a challenge for those trying to conceive. When I first saw the acronym (you know me and acronyms) I thought it was a form a SMEP where you BD only on Monday, Thursdays and Fridays. Weelllll, clearly it isn't. Anyone able to summarize what it is?

Love this pasta bit... Haha, as 1/4 Italian, I should know something about this, but I am afraid I can't comment. The main difference in my mind, is texture and mouthfeel. ;)

In my recurrent mc testing I've done some research about mthfr (I always thought it was mother-father, lol). From what I recall, mthfr is a gene mutation that prevents or makes it difficult for the body to absorb folic acid. So, the treatment for women identified as having the mutation is to take super high doses, usually 2-5mg a day (vs 400-800mcg/day for the rest of us). I peasant tested for this one in my bloodwork, so I'm taking 3mg/day just in case. We pee out whatever folic acid we don't use. HTH! :thumbup:

hmmm i had no clue what it stood for or anything about it! Glad someone brought that up!!! Good job baybeeEm! learn something new everyday!

on the pasta no opinion except any pasta is good and we are actually having spaghetti tonight :)

Love this pasta bit... Haha, as 1/4 Italian, I should know something about this, but I am afraid I can't comment. The main difference in my mind, is texture and mouthfeel. ;)

In my recurrent mc testing I've done some research about mthfr (I always thought it was mother-father, lol). From what I recall, mthfr is a gene mutation that prevents or makes it difficult for the body to absorb folic acid. So, the treatment for women identified as having the mutation is to take super high doses, usually 2-5mg a day (vs 400-800mcg/day for the rest of us). I peasant tested for this one in my bloodwork, so I'm taking 3mg/day just in case. We pee out whatever folic acid we don't use. HTH! :thumbup:

Oh, that does help! Good to know so that I know how to be sensitive and informed about the topic. Much appreciated!

Tonight we're having Farfalle Bowtie pasta with 4 cheese alfredo, chicken breast, broccoli and mushrooms with Hawaiian bread and ribeye steak. We eat BIG, I know. That being said I am a US size 4 and a UK size 8 (I think).

Ahhhh, meant to say *wasn't* tested, not peasant tested. LOL. Damn you autocorrect! :haha:

Tonight we're having Farfalle Bowtie pasta with 4 cheese alfredo, chicken breast, broccoli and mushrooms with Hawaiian bread and ribeye steak. We eat BIG, I know. That being said I am a US size 4 and a UK size 8 (I think).

Yummmyyyy!

We're having gazpacho. I'm currently baking French bread to go along with it :)

Ummmm, yum! I'll take that as my second course. Please and thank you!

BayBeeEm: They are very much the same!!! O ohh do we have another MIL who tries to make our lives a bit emotional!? I think my MIL wants to marry her my DH her Son! She won't let me have him even though she has 3 more:wacko: BayBeeEm just fix the one she wants!! Although I wouldn't, heehee!! I still love her though!
O MTHFR: Im always thought the women was expressing themselves and cursing someone out....The MotherF....word. Obviously I'm Soooo wrong!
Thanks Hopestruck for the clarification!! Now I seem slow...heehee!

Sweetz: You're not alone!! 3 weeks will be here in no time....says the lady who already know what dates will be my 2nd and 3rd and 4th trimester!! O who am o kidding.....it's sooooooooooooo L...o....n...g ! :cry:

Gah yall are putting my meal to shame lol and a us size 4 you must be a little stick girl baybeeEm! haha goodness! now I feel the need to go eat a salad! ;)

oh don't even get me started on mil's mthfr (using never's explanation of the word) haha

Lol...love it... From now on my use of mthfr is strictly curse form. Hilarious

Ok so just talked to DH...he sounded soooo sad that we were not having another u/s on his birthday. Sooooooooo I am going to look for a private place that can maybe can squeeze me in and excepts my insurance. *sigh* I feel so bad!

when is his birthday sweetz!?

Oh never ~ my mil is a hot mess and I think lives to get on my last nerve haha

Wednesday....that was the original u/s date but I got real sick so they did it early...and he missed it bc he had to work and couldn't get out.

LOL at the MTHFr as an expletive! I thought the same for a split second too. I just figured that not all of the women on the boards were sailors or close descendents of one. That said, I have no problem using it the way other's have decided to use it.

My MIL isn't so bad and fortunately she doesn't lust for the number 1 spot in my DH's heart. She is however a bit on the blunt side and says EXACTLY whats on her mind. Apparently my head is an interesting shape and the way I eat makes food appetizing.

Bamagurl, yes I am an itty bitty but I will never claim the shape of stick. NEVEEEEEEER! LOL.

haha that is funny baybeeEm!!!

my mil tries I shouldnt be so hard on her but she is a tad selfish :( and it bothers me how she treats the grandkids and her own children!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->