March/April BFP's who's going for it!! NEW LADIES COME JOIN IN!!

I am finally messing with our cable and happily discovering all our channels. COUCH POTATO EUPHORIA :)

Ugh you ladies are making me jealous! I *have* to work at home since we are living up north and I am approximately 17 hours drive to my office...LOL... but i HATE IT! It's OK on the busy days but most of the time I am just super lonely and unproductive (B&B doesn't help). Wish I could be a couch potato during the day sometimes...sounds relaxing!

Haha I get a break every now & then but there really isn't much sitting going on between cleaning & laundry & chasing dd around haha oh & 2 dogs.... I mostly have to check on my phone to see what all you lovely ladies are up to!

So I just got through to the "Phone Nurse" at the docs office today, apparently my doctor isn't in the office today! :growlmad: But, she was super sweet and said if she isn't able to get a hold of him she would get someone else to look into it for me and do her best to get back to me by end of day today. It's just B-HCGs guys! Lol... at least someone is working with me here...

Aww hopefully they do actually get back to you today!!! Ugh your dr sounds like a buster!!! haha

Hopestruck, I miss earning money though :) but my life is relaxing. Just me and the cat all day. Glad the nurse is doing something!

Thanks ladies. Bama, I bet you do work hard with your LOs :) Storked, that is really nice. It's great that you guys are in a position where you're able to stay home and live that relaxed life.

So here's the Question of The Day then (QTD): What do you and/or your SO do for work?

Me, I am a PhD student (going into year 3 out of 4...woo hoo!) in Sociology. My main area of focus is Medical Sociology/Sociology of Health & Illness. :)
My OH works for the Provincial Government (BC) as an Aboriginal Relations Officer. I'm trying to convince him to move back to the city to become a Policy Analyst.. haha.

Storked - cool beans! What kind of scientist? I'm working directly with an association of biologists/microbiologists/biophysicists for my thesis :)

We are Mormon so me being at home means a lot to my spouse just because the prophets always counsel the men to do all they can to keep the mother and wife at home :)
His mother was always home too.

Storked - your reason for not testing makes sense! UTIs are the devil! LOL

Bamagurl - I'm glad you understood where I was coming from

As for work. I do like working from home but I don't like the type of work I do right now. I work in healthcare administration and program management on the federal level. Key issue in the work place ... the leadership. Everyone remains confused at all times. Its crazy!!!!! That said, I am able to run errands from time to time. I love that part.

Because it is a public forum I try not to say too much about things like DH's work and such :)
I'd feel ok if there weren't always guest lurkers.

Yes BayBeeEm~ very understanding~

Can I just say I am so addicted to baby shows on tv!!

Bama - which ones? I personally love A Baby Story, a Birth Story, and One Born Every MInute (or whatever it's called). Quality TV right there ;)

BayBeeEm, that sounds interesting! the confusion sounds a lot like my OHs office. Must be a government thing ;)

Storked - totally understandable! I don't say much either except the sort of "generic" details :) Gotta love those lurkers... Also, I would be really interested to hear what the book on miscarriage from a religious perspective says. It is something I have personally struggled with myself. I actually have another book that I recommend, this one: https://www.amazon.com/About-What-Was-Lost-Miscarriage/dp/product-description/0452287995 It's written by the wife of one of my teachers. It's a compilation by professional writers, so it is really well written and just something to read when you feel like no one can relate to you. :hugs: I actually haven't read the whole thing yet but plan to.

Yes all the shows! The Baby Story, Making Room for Multiples, and all of them!

OMG Hopestruck! This is actually one of the books I was looking at buying. I read the insert amazon provides and was in tears. I keep going back and forth about getting it or not.

Bama - I got hooked on them when I was about 20. LOL. Can you say Mom-in-waiting? My OH thought I was crazy at the time...

I watch them religiously! I just love watching them all! Lately though I must admit they have me tearing up!

Thanks I will check it out! The one I purchased was recommended by friends called Gone Too Soon https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1555036554/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1343754581&sr=8-1 and one that I have read bits from in other books called Coming to Term https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0813540534/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1343754646&sr=8-1 I just put yours on my wish list :)
I don't know how to describe what DH does without giving away too many details if that makes sense hehe

Ooh, I will check both of those out! Another really *hopeful* one I have heard of is (similar title) To Full Term. Everyone who has read it LOVES it and finds it super encouraging (according to reviews): https://www.amazon.com/To-Full-Term-Mothers-Miscarriage/dp/0425215873 . It's definitely next on my list of books to read. I can't get over that the Kindle price is $20.00 though! Jeepers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->