March IUI club! Join me!

pirate1974

Reaction score
started clomid yesterday to start my first IUI attempt this month. Please join me if you also going for IUI in march! I'm scared!!!

Hello!!! This month is my first month doing IUI! I got my trigger shot this morning. I did Clomid on cd7-9, we started late because of testing. Tomorrow afternoon we will be doing IUI, I'm so nervous as well!
Is this your first time doing IUI and Clomid? Fx for you this month!

Hello!!! This month is my first month doing IUI! I got my trigger shot this morning. I did Clomid on cd7-9, we started late because of testing. Tomorrow afternoon we will be doing IUI, I'm so nervous as well!
Is this your first time doing IUI and Clomid? Fx for you this month!

Yes this is my first month of IUI and Clomid, actually first month of any fertility assistance. Also taking Femara with it, which seems counter productive bc what i've read they do the exact same thing as clomid, but it's what the RE perscribed! So off i go! Good luck and Fx for you!! I get tested on the 15th to see where we are at and then IUI shortly after I presume! arrgghh so nervous for all of it especially the side effects from both these drugs. I've warned my husband!! But I'm scared of them all too!

Me too with fertility assistance, I was very nervous and a little intimidated. I took Clomid at night to try and get away from the side effects. I actually didn't get any symptoms from the Clomid but this trigger shot is sure giving me some side effects. Did your doctor say why they want to use both Clomid and femara?
I'm not supposed to test until the 22nd because the trigger shot can give a false positive so she said to please please wait the 2 weeks before testing....that is going to be my challenge. Haha

day 2 of clomid and femara down! I go in on the 15th for us and blood tests and then IUI shortly after. I'm ready for this week to be over to get these meds out of my system!!! I haven't had major side effects yet, but I'm stressed that they might come!

Hi pirate. Good luck with the iui. I took my trigger shot tonight. The clomid gave me some clear side effects. Some blurry vision lots of o pains and even some cramping. When I took clomid in 2014 to have my daughter I gained 5 lbs in just 2 weeks so I'm hoping to avoid that this time around. I was an emotional wreck the first couple days but then I got it under control. I was watching a movie and it wasn't even sad and I was sobbing. Lol

Hi Sprite, glad you're joining the group! I haven't had too many side effects, but I did see in 1 day I gained 2 lbs and ive been militant about my eating bc i heard weight gain was a side effect, so i'm confused!!! Anyway, excited for my first IUI. I'm not doing shots, I know myself well enough to know a shot won't work for me since I'd be too scared to administer it. haha. good luck!!! keep us posted.

Hi ladies, I am on cd 6 starting Gonal f tonight. We should be having our IUI next weekend.
We had four IUIs before we found out that hubby had severe DNA fragmentation issues, but we have since sorted that out and have decided to try a couple more time before moving onto IVF. Unfortunately last cycle did not really work, but we are moving forward this month with our last cycle!

Good luck ladies, hope this cycle is ours!

Good luck myshelsong! That's disappointing to find that out so late in the game but glad you did and can still try. Fingers crossed that this is your bfp.

Just had my 3rd IUI on Monday. Good luck to everyone. Hoping this time it works for us!!

I just finished my femara and clomid last night. No one explained to me what they do, but I didn't ask. but i will when i go in for monitoring on tuesday! excited to see where we are! hopefully go for it wed or thurs. anyone know how long before IUI should you refrain from the male ejaculating TMI i know! I forgot to ask that too!

So I've heard '48 hours' but when I was at my re's office and I told him we would refrain he told me no go a head and bd because he wanted as much fresh up there...but we have unexplained fertility where I am fine and so is dh. She when we went in for the IUI the next day dh's count was a little lower around 10mil but they said it was fine. So I would ask just to make sure...maybe you could get another bd in before the IUI.

We had our iui Thursday morning and had refrained since Tuesday night so approx 36 hours and dh had 24 million that one and 14 the very next day. I agree with the comments about fresh s perm as well because 2 years ago we did better the second day and motility was higher the second day as well. So in our case fresh is better but that could be an individual thing. They actually suggested we refrain 3-5 days but that would not work for us. The last time we did that is counts were crazy low and the mobility and motility were bad as well

I've gotten 2 follicles 16MM each this morning. So probably going to do the IUI tomorrow or thursday! we BD-ed last night (monday) so hopefully we are good to go!

I"m confused. I got an US this morning and she said I'd probably be told to come back in tomorrow or thursday for IUI based on my 16MM follicles, but then the doc just emailed me and said for me to come in for more bloods and another US on Thursday. These were my blood results. Anyone know how to interpret? Am I not going to ovulate or something? This is my first IUI so i'm nervous we are going to miss the window.

Estrogen: 114
FSH: 5
LH:6
Progesterone: 0.2
BHCG: Low

I'm not too sure how to interpret those tests but have you taken an opk to see if you're close to O? Or are they going to trigger you?

I'm not sure about the numbers either but they usually want to see the follicles between 18-22 mm before triggering so they probably want to time you just right so that the follicles are nice and big. When I got pg with my daughter they made come back 3 times. Every 2 days. at first I only had 2 follicles and by the 3rd check 6 days later I had 4 large follicles so they triggered me. And they also made me do opks this time and that time just in case because I have a history of ovulating early. 2 follicles is wonderful. Fingers crossed they get nice and big for you and your iui goes well

I have to have bloodwork and us everyday after my follicles show over 16mm. The 16 mm is the size of the follicle on your ovary, and this is great, it means it is getting big! They will check your blood to see if you are going to naturally ovulate, and the follicle it make sure it keeps growing and timing of your growth.
I was told the estrogen they want over 200 before they give you ovedril, the other ones I have no clue. I think the progesterone looks fine. It doesn't increase until after af anyways.
I wouldn't worry to much about all the numbers. Just hope the follicle gets large and your lining stays thick. I don't see any of your numbers showing lining, so you might want to take an aspirin just to make sure.

I am on my 6th IUI

Ok so today i went in for my 2nd monitoring and 2 days ago i had 2 16mm folicles and now I have a 19.5 one and then the 16 MM one is gone, and i have a 13mm one now... i thought the point of clomid was to get a ton of follicles!! Sure I'm 41, but I hope I didn't go through that clomid /femara medicine routine for nothing!!!! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?! Curious to know what my blood work will say in regards to how close i am to ovualtion.

I'm curious to hear about the bloodwork too. Maybe they measured wrong before? I kind of hope they did and you didn't ovulate one already.

Afm, I think I'm 8 dpt and still have a slight slight line on the cheapies. Should be completely negative by tomorrow. Is anyone else testing out the trigger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->