march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Emskins - hope you got to enjoy more of the party! I heard mum tell someone yesterday that M was 'a bit of a handful'. I was starting to think I was just a wimp and couldn't handle a normal baby like everyone else can. So it's nice to know that others think she's a bit high maintenance too!

JJ - great news about work! Have fun today, I hope the weather is nice, it looks a bit overcast here

Kel - yay for Conner's first tooth. I really can't imagine M with teeth! Post a piccie so we can see his new smile x

Me and Ella went to a friends 1st bday party today. I was keen to see what she did for when ella has one- well it turned out i learnt NOT how to do one. It was very boring, we didnt get offered drinks or anything, there was food on the table but it was kind of hidden away we never got told to help ourselves, i thought she would atleast have some wee baby games like parse the parcel- even if us mums had to play too. Just to make it abit of fun. we didnt even get goodie bags. i will be doing them for Ella's party. The mum spent most of her time talking to a family member about her pregnancy. i'm glad we didnt stay for long. it was a terrible day outside and was the other side of town too.
Atleast we went with a friend and she came in for a coffee when she dropped us home and OH played with the babies on the play mat :)

Just getting El ready for beddybyes. it's been a big day for her.

JJ - That sux that guy made you feel embarrassed. Perhaps he thought you would feel uncomfortable rather than him, iyswim? But anyway the party sounds fun. Great news about work hours too - I have just given notice that I don't want to come back until January and that I want to work 3 days a week.... so we'll see I HOPE they are missing me so much they'll give me anything I want :haha:

Emskins - typical isn't it? Hope you had a god time anyway, and I'd love to see a pic of Wren in her party dress!

Kel - Another baby with a tooth! Lets see a pic!

MM - defo how not to do a kids party! You've got to have games and a party bag. Mind you, I am determined NOT to be one of those mums who tried to outdo everyone else on their kids parties. You can end up spending a fortune and its silly, the babies just want colours, noise, games and sweets, they don't care about much else, and you can provide all of that fairly inexpensively.

Cocoa - yes I forgot to mention that a quick feed got her back to sleep quickly. Although I think after last night I might be entering 4-month regression territory. She woke (after this top up at 7:30) at 11:30, 2:30, 4:40, then 6:15 ish. She wouldn't settle without a feed at any of those times, which is quite unlike her routine of the last few weeks. Despite all I feel good and she's in a good mood too.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday planned? We are catering this morning and then have a load of domestic chores for the rest of the day. Yippee :dohh:

exactly gl colours and fun! :) I'm not trying to outdo anyone, keeping it simple and cheap with good company and snacks and drink and balloons :) And a wee pass the parcel or something and goodie bags so they can take home with a wee something in.
Sorta like how i did my baby shower and my 21st. My 21st was just BYO in my garage had about 10 friends and my dad and sisters and we just got pissed, was a good cheap night with great company. My baby shower was just a simple afternoon tea with 7 people altogetehr including my mum and sisters. my friend had organised some games and it was great fun. I'm all into cheap, simple but awesome. :thumbup:

Roman is FINALLY starting to enjoy tummy time now!!

https://i33.tinypic.com/20fp86.jpg

on the subject of birthday parties - we went WAY OTT on Liv's and hired a bouncy castle and everything (but she was ill poor mite and didnt get to enjoy it!) - I think this time we'll keep it simple by going to the local indoor soft play area - babies in arms get in for free anyway and the older siblings can go off on the equipment so they wont get bored! there is a section for babies/toddlers which is like a pit with a load of toys in, can take them in the ball pools and can take a cake for after!

Cocoa - the hair looks great. I couldn't pull off hair that short. I rubbish at styling, so it's long and in a bun or a pony tail for me. At least I only have to cut it every two years or so.
jj - Great news about work accepting your hours. Chase seems to be doing really well.
Kel - OMG a tooth - yay! Pics please :)
Em - I want to see a pic of Wren in her party frock too.
dee - Good news on the tummy time front. Roman looks too cute in that picture.

My sister is in town this weekend, so Gabriel got to meet her two girls. I need to take a picture of them all together tonight. His cousin Vivien is only 6 weeks younger. Viv is a real handful. Made him seem like an angel. We went to dinner at 8:30 and they left their kids with the MIL since they were sleeping already. We brought Gabriel with us to the restaurant. He got hungry while we were looking at the menu, so I just fed him at the table like I usually do and my sister was impressed because she can't manage to BF so easily. Then he was passed around the table and he was just looking around at everything and everyone. He's tiny enough to just hand him across the table, which was pretty amusing. Right when the food came he started to be a little fussy, so I just gave him his pacifier and rocked him while I ate and by the time we were ready to leave he had fallen asleep. I was so proud.

Hi Ladies...I hope everyone has a good weekend. We found a very cheap solution to babyproof the living room area until Sam is walking - then we will have to buy proper baby gates for the stairs to give him more room to run around. We picked up some PVC garden fence and industrial strength velcro. It seems strong enough to keep him safe until he his a lot bigger and probably will just tear it down. I have attached a picture. You kind of can see the three set of stairs going off the main living area. For now I am glad we did not have to drill any holes into walls or the island.

Re: birthday parties; I am sure we will keep it simple but fun too. I always think if you set the bar so high your kids just expect you to have it bigger and fancier year by year. When we were kids we had simple birthday parties and they always were fun.

MM: Sorry the birthday party wasn't real fun! At least you had your friend with you.

Kel: I can't believe we have the second baby with a tooth already. I think Sam will still take a while I can't properly feel anything yet. He is drooling all over the place.

Seity: Even though Gabriel is not the best sleeper it seems like otherwise he is a pretty easy to handle baby. :thumbup:

Dee: Roman looks super cute!!

Emskins: it can be challenging taking the babies out to any kind of function. I always find if you don't have any expectations and just go with the flow of baby that works best. Would love to see a picture of her too.

Attachments

• babyproof.jpg
    babyproof.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 7
I just realized the cable in the picture...we will be putting this behind the "fence" - did not pay attention to this when I took the picture. :blush: Sam is fascinated by it so it defo needs to go.

Thanks for your support, everyone :) I dunno what I'd do without yall sometimes.
We finally got a walker for Zander... he LOVES it. All he wants to do is stand during the day, so this is perfect. I've attached a pic.

I STILL can't get a good pic of his tooth... he's had it for quite some time now, and now a second one is starting to pop through. I've found some amazing teething tablets though: humphrey's teething tablets I was told by my sister in law (a dental hygienist) that baby orajel is SUPER bad for teething babies cause it damages their gums, these tablets are all natural. I've found they REALLY help too.

Attachments

• walker.jpg
    walker.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4
Oh my goodness so much has been going on here in the past few days!

PH: So sorry for your loss. On the other hand congrats on Zander's new tooth! I too have been using some homeopathic teething tablets, but not the one's you have. Do you have to order the Humphrey's online or can they be found at the store?

Kel: Congrats on Conner's first tooth!

Jul: Love your baby gate. We used to use a couple of window screens and bar stools to keep our dogs confined to one area of the house (before baby). Gotta use whatever works!

Cocoa/MDee: Love the new haircuts. Like others mine has been falling out a bit lately. Planning on cutting it shorter this fall that way it won't seem like as much is coming out.

Hive: Ronan does look so mature. I also like how your dog is standing guard waiting patiently for any bit of food to come his way.

Seity: Looks like Gabriel is getting to be a hungry boy and a good sleeper. You must be so pleased.

I can't believe so many of you are already thinking about first birthdays. I don't want to even think about my baby turning one. Suppose we will just do a little cake, but that is probably it. When she gets older we will splash out a bit more.

Forgive me if I have missed anyone.

We spent the weekend with our former neighbors. They had a great time visiting with Charlotte and the dogs. Charlotte was great with them so perhaps her fear of strangers is gone (for now). Bob and MJ insisted that we go out. We put Charlotte to bed and then headed out to see a movie. It was so nice being out :happydance:. Charlotte didn't wake so that was a relief. As I mentioned our friends are 83 years old and even though they have tons of baby experience they are a bit old to deal with a screaming baby.

The baby is so worn out from her visitors that her morning nap is still going on. Perhaps we need visitors more often!

jul - great idea with the pvc fence. We actually have some of those that we just took down from outside. A quick hose off and we could use them as gates when we start to need them. :thumbup:

My apologies PH,did not mean to ignore the fact that Zander has a tooth already as well. So there is three babies now, right. Hope I did not miss anyone else this time.

I am just on the treadmill in the basement. Friends needed to store it temporarily. How convenient for us as we are allowed to use it. Meant to ask the other day if any of you breastfeeding moms is working out again. I have heard that you have to take it easy or your milk could dry out. I am just starting to get back into it and I feel like I have no energy anymore,still though don't want to overdue it obviously. Anyone has some info/experience about working out and b/f?

julchen, quite alright, no hard feelings here! I know there's a lot of us and the thread goes fast! :thumbup:

vegas, I found them in the hispanic grocery stores. apparently they're real popular with them :shrugg: since they're all natural you might be able to find them at whole foods or trader joe's or something like that.

Jul: I am curious to know the same about BFing and working out. I no longer BF, but I do run occasionally. Next baby I would like to try to BF for longer, but would still like to be able to work out. I would think you would need to make sure you hydrate well after your run and just don't go overboard. Good luck and have fun!

PH: Do you know we don't have Trader Joe's in Florida. I used to love shopping at TJ's. I will take a look next time I am in Whole Foods.

So I think Charlotte has a spider bite (ironic isn't it?). It is located on her bottom near her left hip. I plan on calling the doctor tomorrow to see if we need to come in. So far it doesn't seem to be bothering her but the sore is quite red and has gotten larger over the past two days. Any suggestions other than calling the doc? I didn't see a spider so I am not 100% sure that is the issue, but it looks like some sort of bite for sure.

could the bite be a mosquito?? my nephew gets bites and they swell up to look like spider bites. I dunno what you could put on it though.

How sad there's no TJ's!!!! I LOVE trader joes!

lovin' the homemade baby gates - awesome idea! we were lucky in that we never needed anything like that for Livvie, not sure about this time around tho!

Roman woke up for a feed at 530am this morning and its nearly killed me! He's been sleeping 7-6 or 8-7 for weeks now so this morning came as a real shock to the system!!

Julchen- Awesome idea!! :thumbup:
me and exercise have not met up in a long time! :blush: Although i've had like no energy i think I might have to get some moor iron pills! :(

Vegas- I hope it's not a spider bite :( How does it look now?

MD-Ella has been waking up early for a feed too. Roughly 3-5ish. i wonder why that is?

PH- Cute piccie! And I'm looking foward to seeing a big toothy grin :)
What is trader joes?

Ella is somehow asleep in our bed at the mo. She wasn't tired when i put her to bed so OH put her in our bed and stroked her head to sleep/ Now I have to do the transfer at some stage. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->