march lambs 2010 come on ladies

MM: are u weaning yet? (sorry struggling to keep track of where everyone is!)... I'm wondering if he starting to need extra food and isnt far off the weaning stage?!

Tiger hun, we have changed EJ's carseat but not put him forward facing as its 5 times safer to keep them rear facing it doesnt matter if they have to bend their legs to be rearfacing but their head has to be an inch below the top of the carseat for them to be safe rearfacing so if hes taller than that you need to invest in a longer rear facing seat or put him forward facing, EJ's seat rearfaces to 13kg then forward faces to 18kg i wanted on that rearfaces from 9kg-18kg then front faces from 18-36kg and then turns into just a booster but we couldnt afford one so got the Britax Firstclass+ for him, I Forward faced Nathaniel at 5 1/2 months old as he was 10.5kg and could sit up on his own , its important that they can sit completely unaided before they go front facing and i wish that i had looked harder and kept him rearfacing and if we could afford the seat we would need and could fit it in the car he would be going back to rearfacing even though hes over 2 yrs old now

Im back girls, we have internet at the new house now so im back properly YAY, we are running a bit late with the move though so have to go over to the flat this evening and do some more tidy up and clear out some final bits and peices, i have about 96% of stuff here theres just some last little bits and a pile to take to a charity shop too lol, the boys have coped with the move remarkably well even though since all the family share one room now we have had a few early mornings as well which DH hasnt appreciated but he is getting used to it although im still working on him not leaving things everywhere and anywhere ( and he has the balls to call me messy ) caus theres not alot of space we have to be super good about putting things away after ourselves and getting washing dry is going to be interesting I think with limited space and no dryer in the house and of course food prep will be interesting as the kitchen although about the same size as my old one has less than half the cupboard space which has already made putting the food stores away a challenge. the freezer is jammed full of breast milk and meat as we had a huge chest freezer at the old house and dont here. so we will be eating the food we have in the freezer to start with so we can do some shopping lol, so i see a few roast dinners going to be happening as we have a few joints of meat lol. i'll have to find the camera and phone usb cords and upload the photos and videos ive done over the last week of the boys esp ones of EJ in highchairs hes sooo cute now hes been sucking on his tounge and lips to soothe his gums with the teething and making such cute faces as he does it

MM: are u weaning yet? (sorry struggling to keep track of where everyone is!)... I'm wondering if he starting to need extra food and isnt far off the weaning stage?!

Yes! A little bit of pureed fruit in the morning and a little bit of pureed vege at night. Been doing this for a few weeks now because i need to mix in her reflux medicine, but she hasn't really been ready until 2 days ago. She would just push it out with her tounge but the last couple of days she has been inviting the food in with an open mouth and is swallowing :) I know she definatly ate some tonight as she threw up some of her feed (bottle) after and out came pumpkin lol.

And I agree with Lynn- rear-facing is the best way to go. much safer.
Happy you are back now Lynn :dance:

PH - I love Trader Joe's, but sadly the closest one is in NYC. Every time I go out to California to see the family I make sure to shop at Trader Joe's and bring a few things back. MM - I'm pretty sure TJ's is just a US chain.

We went out to play poker at a friend's house last night and so brought Gabriel with us. He was very good. Took a 30 minute nap around 9:30. The game ended around 10:30 and when we got home we gave him a bottle and even though he was still awake when I put him in the crib, he just lay there and then fell asleep on his own without any fussing. He slept 11:30-5:30 and then 6-7. He's turned into such a good sleeper at night all this past week with the exception of the one really bad night. I'm loving getting so much sleep. :happydance:

PH: I'm pretty sure it is not a mosquito (as I am personally very familiar with mosquito bites :haha:). Whatever it is it is red and hard and getting bigger. We have a dr appt in an hour so I'll let you know.

MD: Sorry about the bad sleep. Once you get used to good sleep it is so hard to go back.

MM: Sorry that Ella has been getting up so early, no wonder she fell asleep in your bed. And Charlotte's bite (or whatever it is) doesn't look any better this morning. The area is so red and it is hard. She doesn't seem to notice it, but as I mentioned to PH we are going to have it checked out this morning.

Lynn: Welcome back :hi:. Glad to hear that you are almost done with your move. What a relief it must be to have it behind you.

Seity: Big congrats of Gabriel's sleep :happydance:. You must be so happy. Let's just hope he keeps it up!

Wow i am crap at keeping up. I plan to do extended rear facing (until hunter is like 4 or 5 years old and then he will be in a 5 point harness seat) as it is 5oo% (5 times) safer, i wouldnt dream of having hunter facing forward yet. I dont fancy the term "internal decapitation" in reference to my baby.

About 1 minut 30 second in is the crash test results, how can you argue with that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2DVfqFhseo&feature=player_embedded

oh and Tiger there are ERF extended rear facing seats avalible in Australia ive been looking

I tried to take a picture of the tooth, but it's hard to see, cause its barely broken the surface. I will post later when I get home from work.

Tiger- I agree with lynnkins and DM2 about keeping babies rear facing as long a possible. I just bought a new carseat that stays rear facing for kids up to 35lbs.

DM2: I saw that video yesterday in the baby section and it really reinforces why you should choose ERF.

Charlotte and I just got back from the doctor's and it is not the best news. The doctor believes she has MRSA or some other (lesser) staph infection. Not sure how she picked it up as she is not in daycare (she has been to the church nursery twice within the last few weeks, but I don't think she played with any of their toys). I just feel like I have done something wrong exposing my poor baby to this horrible infection. She is going to have to take antibiotics for two weeks as well as me treating the area to try to draw out all the bad stuff. The doctor didn't seem to think this was too bad or two serious, but I am still worried :cry:.

Charlotte and I just got back from the doctor's and it is not the best news. The doctor believes she has MRSA or some other (lesser) staph infection. Not sure how she picked it up as she is not in daycare (she has been to the church nursery twice within the last few weeks, but I don't think she played with any of their toys). I just feel like I have done something wrong exposing my poor baby to this horrible infection. She is going to have to take antibiotics for two weeks as well as me treating the area to try to draw out all the bad stuff. The doctor didn't seem to think this was too bad or two serious, but I am still worried :cry:.

Even if we do our best we will not be able to keep our babies away from all the infections/ bugs out there. You did your best by following up with the doctor and not just brushing it off as some bite. :thumbup: With the meds she will be better in no time :hugs:

hope she gets better quick hun,

my boys bcg sites are still causing problems with pus and getting all swollen up but the doctor just says its normal and will go in time

Lynn glad the moving is going well - I know exactly what you mean about blokes leaving things everywhere, my DH is terrible and we get so cluttered I feel disorganised all the time.

Vegas - sorry about Charlotte's infection. I hope its nothing too serious but as julchen says they are bound to come into contact with things sometimes.I hope she gets beter soon.

DM2 that video almost made me cry. Rear facing all the way.

Well I think I'm definitely in the 4 month sleep regression. Last night was bad, she woke at 12;30, 2;30, 4 6 and basically at one point I fell asleep with her on me and when I put her down in the cot she was awake within like 10 minutes! Argghh, so I just slept with her in the bed after 4. She dozed in bed with me till 8am. She is also not really napping properly and seems kind of hyper. I hope this doesn't last too long. Is there a growth spurt at 4 months as well because she's eating like every 1.5 hours as well now. :dohh:

GL - hugs. Major growth spurt at 4 months. I can completely relate to the 2 hour wakings. I ended up taking Gabriel into bed with me at the 4am waking a lot!

vegas - sorry to hear about the infection. Sounds like a minor infection and it should clear up quickly.

I'm not even going to watch that video. I'm aware that rear facing is much safer, but we've tried a couple that the manufacturers say will fit my car - and one didn't fit at all and one fit but you had to have the front passenger seat so far forward that no one could comfortably sit in it. OH actually bought a reccaro rear facing seat and it had the same problem with the front seat so we had to sell it. That's the problem with having small cars I guess. Plus we can't afford two rear facing seats anyway. M can stay in her current seat until 13kg, luckily she's not very tall. Just another thing for parents to feel guilty about....

GL - sorry to hear F has regressed a bit. M definitely had a spurt a couple of weeks ago (she was a week late though) and was feeding sooooo often in the day and night.

M's stranger anxiety has improved a bit so I'm happy to leave her in Wednesday with my mum. But now we've got a new problem - she won't take a bottle! She's never had a problem before - she even had one last week before bed because she was too tired to accept the breast. But she wouldn't take it at the hairdressers on Saturday from mum or me, so I thought I'd try again - all day today, she just cries whenever I put the teat on her mouth. Grrr. If it's not one thing, it's another!

Vegas - don't feel bad! We all have these bugs on our skin some of the time - just takes one small cut for them to get in. My cousins baby had chicken pox, had an allergic reaction to some sunscreen which caused dried skin and she got a staph infection and ended up on a drip - these things happen. Hope Charlotte improves quickly x

Thank you everyone, with this being the first time Charlotte has ever been anything but healthy I just can't help feeling bad for her. She has been napping so much today and to be honest she slept a lot yesterday too. I just thought it was the company we had that wore her out, but now I suspect she is sleeping trying to fight off the infection. I think I am going to thaw out some EBM to give her over the next few days. As we all know there is a lot of good stuff in there :thumbup:.

Lynn: What have you been doing to treat the infection on your boys? In addition to the antibiotics I am supposed to apply a warm compress twice a day, then rub on a little tea tree oil (to draw out the pus) and then cover with a bandage.

GL: Good luck with the growth spurt. It will be over soon enough.

Cocoa: Glad to hear the stranger anxiety has diminished. We all want our friends and families to be able to enjoy our happy babies just as we do. Sorry to hear she won't take a bottle. Hopefully this is just a phase. Looks like your cousin's baby had a rough time between the chicken pox and staph. I do hope she has fully recovered.

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around I have had time to read up on some of your posts to keep myself updated when I do get to check. I have been quite busy reviewing my 9 year old son for his exams in school. Gavin has been sleeping through the night finally!!! He surprised us last night by sleeping 9 hours straight. Woooohooo! The last few days it has been 8 hours. We are not complaining. :0) We bought a jumperoo for him. So far, he has been drooling all over the toys. LOL! We have yet to see him jump in it. There was only 1 piece being sold at the toy store here and it was double the price. I guess because of shipping expenses, etc. I think it's a slightly older model than what I've seen in Amazon. I just knew he had to have it. So, we made the purchase. Here's a photo of him playing with his new toy:

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/jaysteffi/IMG_2964-1.jpg
https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/jaysteffi/38646_417006058926_531088926_4828114_6878818_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->