march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Hi gang!

Sorry I havent been about - been settling back in at home and had a fair few visitors the last few days too.

All your LOs sound like they are doing so well :)

Roman is 10 days old today, cant quite get my head round it but I guess thats cos we were in hospital so long afterwards! He is feeding well, 3oz ish every 3/4 hrs but he can go up to 5hrs at night. He's a bit of a puker but other than that he doesnt appear to have any issues with anything anymore!

yay mummydee i'm glad things are going well. how long were u in hospital for? i was in there for a week so i couldn't get my head around it when she was 2 weeks old coz we had only been home a week, it seemed like she should be younger than she was!! After all i only expected to be in there for a couple days max!

we were in 5 nights hon - it felt like a lot longer but I think that was more cos I was missing being at home with Liv. In some ways that was harder to deal with than Ro being ill cos at least I could be with him, but every night I had to say goodbye to Liv and she (and I!) were in floods of tears cos she couldnt understand why I wasnt able to come home :cry: . xx

Aww hun :hugs: Atleast he got better and you both are home now. you must be loving it :) x

aww it must have been hard Dee,
EJ is being a trial because of this growth spurt hes not sleeping well in the day, we had a pretty good night last night but hes only just gone to sleep for the first time since 9am now, although im hoping they will both sleep for a bit now as Nate has just gone for a nap too, caus i need to have some more food , DH is out this afternoon watching the football before going to the gym , i dont really mind as its easier for him to not be here than to be here but have a friend here too as im finding having visitors disturbs routine too much

Hey guys, My baby boy Emin was born at 40+5 om the 18th of March weighing 7lbs 3 oz.
I miss thrid tri so much but so glad i found this group xxx how is everyone with feeding and sleepless nights?
xxx

hey amymarie,
im doing ok with feeding and sleepless nights , in survival mode cant wait till Elliott is sleeping though longer in the night

I'm doing ok, don't really have sleepless nights usually little miss will wake up at 3 have a feed then go back to sleep. last night she only wo0ke at 5.30 this morning. We havn't had a bad night yet- sure the odd time she doesnt want to go back to sleep straight away so i just give her a wee cuddle and a breastfeed (i do bottle at night), and she goes back to sleep for another few hours :)

well he did 5hr 45min last night which i was happy about after taking 5oz bottle at 8pmish then being breastfed at 11pm he was asleep by 12, i was very happy he stirred at 4 but i left him and he stayed asleep, and now after his feed and burping hes gone back to sleep but Nathaniel has woken up so i cant go back upstiars to bed caus hes opened his door and will see me and want to get up, so just gonna nap on the sofa for an hour or so now, EJ will need feeding again between 8:30-9am

tonight is going to be a late night! i'm putting my dreds back in. I was gonna do it tomorrow but ella will sleep for a couple hours at a time so i prob wont get it finish so am going to battle it shortly. i am so tired tho and will probably pay for it tomorrow. plus i'm fighting this mastitis still which looks like its spread and the muscles around it by my arm pit are sore, and putting dreds in gives me sore muscles for the next day from having my arms up for hours. *sigh* beauty is pain... right? :dohh:

Wren seems to wakr on average every 2-3 hrs in the night, she has occasionaly slept for 4 or even 5 hours once. Is it normal to wakt that often in the night or should she be sleeping longer by now?

I am going to start expressing today or tomorrow depending if my OH can find a shop open to get some bottles to match the pump I have so maybe will feed her at night with a bottle so she is filling up and maybe sleep longer, also my nipples are still really sore from BF'ing so they need a break to heal. I am going to call the lactation consulant tomorrow as I am obviously still not doing it right if I am in pain at 6 weeks.

If anyone has any ggod expressing tips I would love to hear them as I am a little nervous doing it the first time. As I said I only want to express enough for a feed or 2 a day/evening as I still want to conquer BF'ing
I am trying to get Wren to have a nap, it is nearly 2pm and she has been awake since 9am, mummy needs a break, especially and my MIL is out for a few hrs with my OH so I would really love to quiet time.

Good luck with your dreads MM

I express, but I really can't think of any tips!! it's really straight foward, well i find it is- depends on what pump u use i spose. I have a squeeze with your hand on the handle one (funny way to describe it lol). Oooh wait- i find if u want to express and baby needs a feed, express first coz otherwise if baby feeds then u express u will get not much, but if u express all u can then put baby on the breast baby can always get more out whereas the pump won't. I get heaps in the morning and less and less throughout the day. Also a good idea to keep up your milk supply is when baby feeds- express. Depends on how much you want to express i spose though, u will figure out a good routine that works for u. Don't be nervous hun it really isn't bad at all. Just don't squeeze the pump too hard to try force milk out either, don't hurt yourself. Also i find that i will start pumping and won't be getting much- don't give up- coz after half a minute or a minute i get a let down and milk rushes to my breasts and then i can really get the milk out. i used to start pumping then stop coz i wasnt getting any more than a few drops- then i discovered that if i hung in there i'd get a let down and was able to get the milk. Hope that made sense :)

And thanx, dreds are done didnt take me too long :) it's 12.30am so i spose that's not toooo bad. I started at 9.30 with a half hour break. i'm gonna express some milk then head to bed and hopefully get a couple hours at least b4 lil miss wakes up :)
x

Thanks for the advice MM, really helpful!

Glad your got your dreads in! Have a good sleep..stikll trying to get Wren down for a nap, she fighst til the end!

its almost 3 in the afternoon here, she is a bad sleeper in the day, she has been awake since 9am with a few cat naps here and there since about 1.30, she is alseep in her crib right now so fingers crossed!

that's like Ella. but she will sleep good at night! and cat nap from about 7am till anywhere between 8 and 10 usually 9!

Btw I really really love the name Wren! it's beautiful!!!

any one have any experience with reflux xxx

Mummy, YES... I've been dealing with Reflux in Zander since he was about 2 weeks old. It's a bit frustrating. What do you need help with?? I'm sure I've been there done that with whatever it is... send me a PM if you need to.

Hey Lynnikins and MiissMuffet, yeah im getting sleepless night all the time, little man loves waking up for feeds every 3 hours or so.
Im trying to breastfeed but he is so hungry i end up giving formula so combination feeding. i feel so horrid like ive failed him or something as i cant establish enough milk to feed him :(

Hi AmyMarie! :hi:
have u tried expressing? if u try and do it quite often and also breastfeed you can bring up your milk supply. It worked for me. That way I can top her up with expressed milk if she needs it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->