march lambs 2010 come on ladies

I have a haemorid as well, I am chocked as I somehow forgot to mention it to my gynocologist the other day and now I don't see her again, I also don't have a regular doctor yet so I think I will have to go to the chemist to see what I can get over the counter, it feels like I am pooing shards of glass...ouch

Hope you are feeling better missmuffet!

My MIL is here right now, it is great to have an extra pair of hands but she doesn;t stop talking...ever!! OH is at work all day so I have to listen to it and then hear the same stories when he is home from work, I feel really bad saying this but it is starting to drive me a little crazy. She has been soo helpful though so I feel guilty thinking she is annoying...

Wren is crying...hope you are all well..

lol its just a pain for everyone who was coming or going from the UK this week lol, personally i dont have money to go anywhere let alone the motivation ( holidays with 2 are going to be a challenge i think )

I'm so pleased today! Been really worried about the breastfeeding as M only feeds for 10-15 mins maximum (usually nearer 8 mins) and usually only one breast before she falls asleep and literally won't wake up for love nor money. But MW came today for 10 day check and M has put on 7oz! MW weighed her twice as she thought the scales were wrong the first time lol. So I'm a little bit more relaxed about it now.

Good to hear about the weight gain. I think every baby is different. Sam feeds 10 minutes max and only one side as well, but his weight gain is just fine. I was really worried about it at first because "the books" say you have to nurse both sides and much longer. But whatever works for you and baby, works. :thumbup:

I have soem friends from the UK who were due to come hoem from Oz today but I think their flight is cancelled, I saw an update from tehm on FB saying the could either be stuck in Oz or Borneo for a few days so I am not sure what they are doing.

Wren mostly feeds off one breast at a time although over the last few days she is taking the second one if/when I offer. My nipples are really sore again , Wren has a poor latch sometimes, especially at night when I am too tired to keep trying to re latch her, I guess it is my own fault I have sore nips then!

EJ isnt sleeping for me during the day, i just had him almost asleep in my arms so took him upstairs and put him in his crib and he was wide awake again and now wont settle,
DH got home after doing a very early shift today and is now asleep on the sofa so still havent managed to get my shower or a nap myself dispite it being me that will be up in the middle of the night with EJ and have to be the one to settle and soothe him all evening and now im probably going to be doing dinner and sorting Nate out all evening as well,

cant wait till dh's silly shift hours are over and hes done the Marathon and i can have my husband back and have him willing and able to help me out. he has to go to the gym tonight for a workout so i'll be alone then, im feeling very much like a single parent right now

This should be the piles club! I have them as well. :( well I think so, it really stung to poo this morning and I have a bit of fresh blood when I wipe. I also didn't go for several days after the birth and it was a bit of a mental challenge to overcome as well.

Lynn can't your hubby go to the gym another day?? My hubby is on a double shift today but thankfully my folks are here. And I only have 1 child. So thats a bummer for you. Hopefully EJ will settle early and you can chill in front of the telly for a bit before bed or just get into bed early as well xxx

the London marathon is in 9 days time hun , my husband really needs to get his training in,
God i wish my mother lived closer

yes we should rename the group the piles club lol as i also have them i dread going to the toilet now i hate it .
on a better note go girls on the fantastic baby weight gain they are all doing fantasticly soory not been on much i have forund the time to read the posts but not really having much time to join in with it being school holidays i have 4 children 5 and under to entertain and supervise school starts again on monday cant wait but i will be returning to work shortly so that will be taking up some of my time also all of this and a 3 week old baby i think im crazy some times but hay ho hope every one is doing ok i will tryand find the time to come on later and fill you all in on ella and our trips to the hospital. oh and i got mu buggy today i love it have an i candy apple/pear right ella is crying so i better be off take care ladies and babies loads of love xxxxx

what are you feeding him chele thats a good gain

he's mix fed with expressed milk and Aptamil. I sometimes wonder if he's having too much though. Will see what he weighs next week (from 5th percentile to 11th)

How does everyone wash their babies hair? M's is a little bit greasy even after I gave her a quick wash with water the other day. Do you just wrap them in a towel and put their head above the bath and use a flannel or something to wash the hair with? Can I use a tiny bit of baby shampoo or is it too early for that? I fell asleep giving her snuggles earlier and dribbled all over the top of her head :haha:

Lynn - least you know that hubby will be of more use after the marathon. It's hard with one baby, god knows how people manage with two or more!

I've officially been discharged by the MW now. Bleeding is reducing, uterus has shrunk right down and my stitches have nearly disolved. Still don't think I'll be up for DTD with OH for a while yet though!

i just wash it at the end of his bath caus i have a bathsupport for him so dont have to hold him and i can manage to wash it without getting anything in his face, they dont tned to need it washing very often at this age once a week is fine, i havent used any soaps on EJ yet just warm water and then towel dry with a light moisteriser (sp) cream to help his skin not be so dry and i dont bathe him everyday either.
Hubby is being a bit of use now , he did cook dinner eventually and put Nate to bed while i bathed EJ and now hes soothing EJ till feed time

Finally got round to doing my birth story!

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-a...-after-making-us-wait-9-days.html#post5066939

I have a haemorid as well, I am chocked as I somehow forgot to mention it to my gynocologist the other day and now I don't see her again, I also don't have a regular doctor yet so I think I will have to go to the chemist to see what I can get over the counter, it feels like I am pooing shards of glass...ouch

Hope you are feeling better missmuffet!

My MIL is here right now, it is great to have an extra pair of hands but she doesn;t stop talking...ever!! OH is at work all day so I have to listen to it and then hear the same stories when he is home from work, I feel really bad saying this but it is starting to drive me a little crazy. She has been soo helpful though so I feel guilty thinking she is annoying...

Wren is crying...hope you are all well..

Owie, your hemmorhoid sounds really painful :nope: I hope it clears up soon! And everybody elses! Interesting to see that it's so common...

I sort of know what you mean about your MIL, but mine's fine...I feel that way about my dad! Slightly different situation, but it feels like he comes over to see us every single day and always talks about his job :wacko: Bit work obsessed is he. He too doesn't shut up. Ever. Drives my mum mental :lol:
Don't worry, I'm sure your OH knows allll about it, having had to grow up with his mum and all :hugs: Just pass her Wren and maybe she'll talk to her instead lol..

How does everyone wash their babies hair? M's is a little bit greasy even after I gave her a quick wash with water the other day. Do you just wrap them in a towel and put their head above the bath and use a flannel or something to wash the hair with? Can I use a tiny bit of baby shampoo or is it too early for that? I fell asleep giving her snuggles earlier and dribbled all over the top of her head :haha:

Lynn - least you know that hubby will be of more use after the marathon. It's hard with one baby, god knows how people manage with two or more!

I've officially been discharged by the MW now. Bleeding is reducing, uterus has shrunk right down and my stitches have nearly disolved. Still don't think I'll be up for DTD with OH for a while yet though!

Hehe I giggled at the bit where you said you dribbled on her head :haha:

My mum actually put baby shampoo on Lachlan's head when he was about a week old and he was fine :thumbup: I haven't used it since as I don't think they need it, body wash etc should do the trick ;)

I wash Lachie every couple of days now (have showered with him once and that was lovely, until he started rooting around looking for brekkie lol..) and I got him this really nice baby bath and body wash that's got lavender oil etc in it - it's hypoallergenic etc etc so it's totally safe and has moisturising stuff in. Admittedly it cost nearly 15 dollars for a small bottle but still :blush: But yeah, I wash his hair with a flannel, just rub it round his whole head and behind his ears (and neck folds haha eeew they get smelly..)

Also, it's fine to wash their hair while they're still in the bath (depends on whether you're using a baby bath as to whether you easily can), you just make sure you're holding them with your wrist across their back and your hand circled around their upper arm on the side facing far from you

x Hope that helped :thumbup:

Just to add - I don't bath Lachlan every couple of days cause he needs it lol just because he seems to quite like it :thumbup: If he didn't I'd probably do it weekly unless he poo-sploded (which he did yesterday :lol:).

CocoaOne-I was washing Mika's hair with Aveeno baby hair and body wash as it is very gentle. He has developed a case of cradle cap though, so on the recommendation of my pediatrician I am using the Aveeno for his body but Johnson's no-tears shampoo every other bathtime.

I find that bathing Mika too often dries his body and hair out very very easily, but this could partly because he is mixed race.

ahh i've ot been on for days been so busy, just had a read of what i've missed while Chase is having his breakfast.

Bloody hemmaroids (sp) i got one last night! Will it go on its own or do i have to get something? Also my left boob is not happy, not sure if its a blocked duct? It hurts to touch on the underside, it feels bruised, and its also red and very hot to touch, i can't feel a lump though?
I've got more wrong now than while i was pregnant!

Lynn your such a star for suggesting i buy Chase a swing, got one off ebay and he loves it!! :thumbup: it means i can put him in there after his feeds, (as he has to stay upright for 30 mins due to his reflux) ans he nearly always falls asleep and i can then move him into his moses basket.

ooh looking forward to reading your birth story in a mo cocoaone x

yay i've got hubby home all wk end, he's been doing overtime most weekends so nice to have him for 2 whole days. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx

Can I join the piles club too. Not sure if I mentioned this in this thread or not, but am seriously pi55ed off about it as I had a bloody c-section so don't deserve piles as I didn't even get to push!!!!! It's the frigging iron tablets that did it to me. I've come off them now, but Thursday night I had to hold on to the sink and the radiator to get it out of me!! I was nearly crying with pain, because I needed to really force it out, but at the same time I'm still recovering from the c-section and could feel the straining forcing my scar. Ouch!!!

Ok, less poo talk from me now. I do love to share :rofl:

Max's hair seems to be fine inbetween washes so we don't actually put anything on, so can't give an advise there.

i have hubby home all weekend too, lol doubt im going to get much use out of him as this is his last weekend when he can really do heavy training for the Marathon he has to take it light next week,

JJ your welcome , i know many a Mum who swear by baby swings , personally its dangerous to have one in my house caus of Nathaniel he would think its a toy, its hard enough keeping him from bouncing the bouncer when EJ's in there,

i just use johnsons Baby Naturals range with EJ, i use the bath liquid for me too , it smells so good and the moisterisor really helped with Nathaniels dry skin and when we thought he was developing excema it helpd that too

Lynn I forgot about the marathon. Amazing he must be really fit! I bet you're looking forward to the day after the marathon!!

As for washing hair - I have only been using warm water I don't think I want to use any products as yet. We have actually given her a proper bath yet just been sponge bathing her. She doesn't like it very much! :nope: But I love it when her hair is all fluffy after drying it. She doesn't seem very dirty to me at all so I don't give her an intensive bath it seems mean. I think I might get one of those bath seat thingys, maybe the mesh one. Oh and I use olive oil on her skin after (my little lamb chop!! :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->