march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Hi AmyMarie! :hi:
have u tried expressing? if u try and do it quite often and also breastfeed you can bring up your milk supply. It worked for me. That way I can top her up with expressed milk if she needs it. :)

yeah have a manual pump and express twice a day, i dont really get much out though, its mental i keep trying but the most i get is like 3oz and thats from expressing both and mixing it :blush: time as we live on our own just me and baby so my hands are full with him as he is quite demanding and doesnt settle easy, as soon as he is down he could wake up at any stage. ::dohh: eeek

AmyMarie, I'm not breast feeding Zander any longer, but when I was, the lactation consultant told me to Expresses after every feed to increase milk supply. She said that way, eventually you'll produce enough to express a full feed's worth. I was expressing like 8-10 times a day in order to try and get enough.
HTH.

I hope things get easier for u soon hun! :hugs:

Your wee boy was born on my due date. When were u due? You arn't on the front page.

Off to bed now. night all :hi: x

i express after each feed normally just a little and mix it over the course of a day to get a full feed although first thing in the morning then im normally so full he will only take one side so i can completely express the other and get a whole feeds worth in one go, it takes patience as it will take a day or so to increase your supply, im also trying to drink about 3ltrs of fluids each day and part of that is trying to have at least a pint of whole milk

that's like Ella. but she will sleep good at night! and cat nap from about 7am till anywhere between 8 and 10 usually 9!

Btw I really really love the name Wren! it's beautiful!!!

Thanks MM, I was really hoping we were having a girl so I could use it, loved the name for a long time!

I hope things get easier for u soon hun! :hugs:

Your wee boy was born on my due date. When were u due? You arn't on the front page.

Off to bed now. night all :hi: x

LOL:haha: awww thanks:hugs:

i was due on the 13th, Emin came 5 days late, nope not on the front page yet, left my details though on another comment on one of the earlier pages though.
nite nite x

normally he falls asleep or comes off the breast to be winded and my breast feels empty so i swap over, normally he has about 10-15 min or if hes hungry upto 25-30min

sorry i have not updated the front page yet tried to do it the other night went to save the changes and it wne wrong and deleted it i will do it again today or tomorrow now my 2 eldest are back at school and play school i shoul be able to find 5 mins to do it lol
i think ella may have reflux but im not sure as i have never had any experience with it had a look on a few web sites and had a chat with pineapplehead and think she may have a slight case of it think i may talk to my health visitor this week xxx

aww i hope Ella doesnt have reflux Em, i have a friend whos 3 month old does and its so hard on her shes feeding every 2-3 hours in the day and every 3 hrs overnight and has to keep him upright for half n hour after each feed and he still throws up alot of it,

I posted this question in the breastfeeding section but I am hoping you ladies might be able to help as I know some of you are expressinmg as well. I did my first pump last night and got 80mls which is in teh fridge right now.

If I used my pump once does it need to be completely re steralised or can I use it again if I have washed it? I am wondering because I pumped at 4am and wanted to pump again at 8 but wasn't sure if I needed to resteralise or not...any tips on what you do?

mine came with a little box to sterlise it in the microwave when ive used it i wash it out with really hot hot water and sterilise it ( only takes 3 min ) and about 10 min later i can use it

Thanks Lynnikins, mine didn't come with a steraliser but I have one that fits all the bits in which is great, it only takes 6 mins. The one comment I got back in the BF section said she didn't steralise after each use, I think I will steralise it each time I use it then as it is not a bother...thanks for the help

Just out of curiosity, how much does you little one drink in a feed?

EJ takes 5oz or so of EBM in a feed, but i put 6oz in the bottle and he takes what he wants and leaves the rest,

I pumped 4oz this morning ( got a good flow going these days lol ) and will probably express a bit off after his next feed then load up on fluids and food to boost my supply tonight, i want to get into a routine of expressing once or twice a day as i want to donate breastmilk to my hospital (also local milk bank) when im past the 1 month mark, and it would be nice to be able to have DH give EJ one of his feeds each day via a bottle and give me a break

i really need to start expressing regularly as i want hubby to be able to do a feed too. I just find it takes me soooo long. I get more if i express in the morning than any other time, but if i express after i've fed Chase and put him down because it takes me nearly an hour to get 3 ounces (which isn't even enough for one feed i don't reckon) he can sometimes wake up shortly after i'm done, leaving me either no time to get ready or do any jobs so i find myself thinking i don't have time to express and not doing it. Any idea why my expressing is so slow and any tips anyone?

On a positive note my left boob seems to have sorted itself out, i did some reading on the net and i madfe sure Chase went on there first every feed and that it was emptied, as well as massaging it. So happy it was really painful.

Ahh mummy_em i hope Ella doesn't have reflux. Chase's is silent in that he doesn't spit up or be sick it goes back down again meaning it burns his throat twice. You can hear him going, grrrr clearing his throat and he squirmes in pain :cry: Before he was diagnosed we had a terrible time with his sleeping but now we know why! We,ve elevated his matress and that has helped him and he's on infant gaviscon, which seems to work better some days than others. One thing we find great is a swing that we just got him, for some reason he seems worse in the day and i could hardly get him down, but if i put him in his swing he falls asleep and because its quite upright his reflux doesn't get aggrevated :thumbup:

jj, try expressing before the first feed in the morning , chase will still be able to feed but once your breasts get to a certain emptiness then you wont manage to get anything out, i would otherwise suggest expressing just a little after each feed and combining it over the day to make up the feed

i really need to start expressing regularly as i want hubby to be able to do a feed too. I just find it takes me soooo long. I get more if i express in the morning than any other time, but if i express after i've fed Chase and put him down because it takes me nearly an hour to get 3 ounces (which isn't even enough for one feed i don't reckon) he can sometimes wake up shortly after i'm done, leaving me either no time to get ready or do any jobs so i find myself thinking i don't have time to express and not doing it. Any idea why my expressing is so slow and any tips anyone?

On a positive note my left boob seems to have sorted itself out, i did some reading on the net and i madfe sure Chase went on there first every feed and that it was emptied, as well as massaging it. So happy it was really painful.

Ahh mummy_em i hope Ella doesn't have reflux. Chase's is silent in that he doesn't spit up or be sick it goes back down again meaning it burns his throat twice. You can hear him going, grrrr clearing his throat and he squirmes in pain :cry: Before he was diagnosed we had a terrible time with his sleeping but now we know why! We,ve elevated his matress and that has helped him and he's on infant gaviscon, which seems to work better some days than others. One thing we find great is a swing that we just got him, for some reason he seems worse in the day and i could hardly get him down, but if i put him in his swing he falls asleep and because its quite upright his reflux doesn't get aggrevated :thumbup:

Poor Chase, that sounds so painful :( I'm actually wondering if perhaps Lachlan has this too, as he makes this really irritating growling/throaty type noise in bed and gets quite agitated, it wakes him up and keeps us from sleeping sometimes...maybe that's what it is. I'll try and take a video of him making the noise so I can show you and see if it's the same noise Chase was doing :shrug: And I might try elevating the top end of his bassinet tonight to see if that makes a difference

x

hope everyone is well, EJ went to bed at half 10 last night mostly asleep and slept till half 4 this morning which im so happy with then he fed but as it was such a long break he only took one breast ( too much milk ) and i had to come down and pump the other, got just about 6oz though which aint bad imo and could probably get more but i want to leave my boobs even in size

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->