march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Andi she is soo cute, i cant wait to meet you guys one day when im hanging ariound in Chch and bored of my family lol

M rolled over!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

She was laying on her foam mats and I was trying to entice her over, and she actually started moving her legs over (usually she just reaches over with both arms) so I did some cheerleading and toy waggling and she did it! I'm so proud. She still struggles a bit to get her bottom arm out of the way properly, but she's done it loads now and keeps getting better.

Good sleep last night too - just waking for food at 1 & 4:30. I'm dreading a regression now after all the advances she's made in the past week. Oh she's also started making more 'proper' noises - na na da da etc rather than just random squeals and screeches. She was 'talking' to my friend's 8 month old yesterday - too cute!

MM - I love those shoes and the top. Did you have to buy it or do they give them out for free to promote BFing?

Yay cocoa that's great! I am madly trying to encourage Flora to roll over, she's definitely progressed but no back to front rolls yet. But she did wake up yesterday and start making a lot more talking noises just like M. She pouts her mouth to make a noise, sometimes only air comes out and sometimes its a proper little noise. Its exciting hearing her voice properly (not just sqeualing or crying!)

We got a decent night, she went to bed at 8 and only 1 or 2 dummy runs and no feed until 4am. She then went back to bed until nearly 7. Also she had two longish naps yesterday, and so far today they seem a little longer than the 30 minutes she's mostly been doing up until now. We have been trying bit by bit to mover her to her room but things keep coming up and we dont finish what we were doing (we've got tonnes of organising to do around the house in general, as soon as you start looking in a cupboard you've opened a can of worms)

So tonight should be the night - hopefully I'll report god sleep tomorrow.

vegasbaby, the extra poos could be teething, sore bottom too, thats what happened to hunter when he cut his teeth

i am lurking lately lol i'll post when i get more time :D

Cocoa - Way to go M! Love the dress too. I can't sew, my skills are with computers.
MM -Love the dress and shirt. Too cute!

GL - hope all has gone well if you moved Flora tonight x

Vegas - I agree with DM2. My friends LO was suffering really bad with awful nappy rash and frequent poos a couple of days ago and she cut another tooth today (she's 8 months)

I'm feeling a peeved today. One of my best friends is 15 weeks pregnant and I'm really happy for her, but everything is about *her* at the moment. She's barely shown any interest in M since she was born anyway (weirdly, she's always been very anti-children) but she came round Wednesday and talked non stop about her pregnancy, her house move, her job issues and barely even blinked when I said 'oh have you seen M has mastered sitting up?'. Today I posted on FB how proud I was that M has rolled over, and my friend has sent a massive FB message to me regarding all the above things- no congratulations for M, even though she's obviously read my status. Grrrr.

I'm feeling a bit distant from all my friends at the mo, I didn't think I'd feel this way because they've all got kids. Maybe because I've got lots if spare time but they've got other things keeping them busy? Anyone else feel a bit isolated?

Cocoa- yay for rolling!!! :dance:

Thanks guys, um the top cost $20 :)

Had a moosive earthquake this morning. I woke up crying. our house is really bad with trucks going past, it shakes and rocks so u can imagine how bad it was with a 7.4 earthquake. I was paniking dan had to calm me down :cry: so scary!!!! El was sweet she just lay in her bed lol. We have had about 20 aftershocks and apparently still more to come :(

I grew up in Southern California where earthquakes are so common that I can recall one time when I was around 7 years old we had a big one, so I grabbed my cereal bowl and finished eating under the table. Quite a few times I'd sleep right through ones that shook the house big time and I'd hear about it in the morning. :dohh:
I imagine it's quite different if you're not used to them.

Cocoa - I'm too busy to feel isolated, but I imagine that's because I'm at work all day. I'll bet my OH feels pretty isolated though. I think he even has a facebook account now. :haha:

Not used to them at all. It was so scary. there's meant to be another tonight :cry:

Update:

I Live in Christchurch where the earthquake hit. I woke up suddenly and absolutely freaked I have never been so scared in my life. we are still getting quite big aftershocks, and we are meant to have another biggy in the night, so i am really scared of going to sleep. I'm really jumpy! i hope the power doesn't go out again. I dont like feeling like this :cry:

Ah MM :hugs:

Have you got anyone that can come and be with you and Ella?

MM- I have never been in an earthquake- sounds scary :hugs: In Florida we get hurricanes!
Cocoa- sorry your feeling isolated :hugs: Like Sety I work everyday so thats not a probem for me.

Connor has been fighting naps the last couple of weekends. It seems that he only does this for me. During the week he goes down fine for whoever is watching him. My mom thinks its because he is so excited that I am home with him that he just wants to stay up and be with me.

Connor has been fighting naps the last couple of weekends. It seems that he only does this for me. During the week he goes down fine for whoever is watching him. My mom thinks its because he is so excited that I am home with him that he just wants to stay up and be with me.

I get the exact same thing. OH was commenting how his naps are always rubbish on the weekends and that he thinks it's because I'm home.

We got the same with my stepdaughter who we have 3 days a week. It comepletelu throws Sams routin off as he wants to be with her every minute. It is even challenging to nurse him when she is around.
On the other hand it is adorable how much he loves her.

Sorry...girls I am always lurking...any time I nurse I read the thread but a lot times I am just too overwhelmed to write as I already feel like I missed so much of what is going on here. Looks like I am the silent member :rofl:

Gosh a hurricane would be scary!

The aftershocks are still happening. the last one was half an hour ago it was about a 5. :wacko:

Seen the devastation on the news MM - a miracle that no one was injured or killed. We had a very very small earthquake a few years ago - the epicentre was about 20 miles away and registered 4.3 so we only felt a few tremors. It was weird though - your brain can't quite comprehend why or how the ground/house etc is moving!
I hope the storms pass quickly :hugs:

I had a massive chat with another friend yesterday which helped. She's just left her OH so she needed a vent too!

Hi Julchen!

Kel & Seity - sorry their sleep is rubbish - nice that they want to maximise their time with you though!

MM - gosh an earthquake! I remember one when I was little that happened in Newcastle a few hours north of Sydney. It didn't do any damage in Sydney but we could feel the shaking it was weird. Also when I was backpacking around Turkey there was a huge one and 40,000 people died, I was on a bus on the way to Istanbul when it happened and didn't feel anything, but when we got near to istanbul we could see all the devastation it was horrible and all these families were camping out on median strips on the highways because they were scared of being in their houses in case of an aftershock.

Cocoa- I was feeling a bit isaolted before DH started working from home, now I crave a little bit of alone time! Sounds bad doesn't it. I love having him around but I think its healthy to be apart sometimes as well.

Flora's first night in her room went really well, the second OK but not as good, but I am having a bit of trouble getting her to nap now. I mean she goes down but I definitely have to coax her to sleep with rocking and sshing and putting my hand over her face (gently!), because she gets really irate when she realises I'm putting her down for a nap, even when she's really tired. I am not going to obsess about her self settling, but it would be nice if she did. Do you think they figure it out in time or do you have to teach it to them? If your LO self settles how did they learn it?

GL - I still have to hold m until she's dozy and then put her down. I've read that self-settling is one of those things they do when they are ready.

I've literally just moved M's crib into her room and stuck some black card over the window (still no curtains.. or curtain rail!) So tonight will be her first night on her own. Scary!

Cocoa - Fingers crossed M has a good night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->