march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Connor has been fighting naps the last couple of weekends. It seems that he only does this for me. During the week he goes down fine for whoever is watching him. My mom thinks its because he is so excited that I am home with him that he just wants to stay up and be with me.

I get the exact same thing. OH was commenting how his naps are always rubbish on the weekends and that he thinks it's because I'm home.

Same here! He sleeps like an angel for his daycare lady, but if he's at home with me he fights it with all he's got!

MM hope things are calming down. Just saw on FB that you guys are having crazy wind now too!

I will read the thread more and update soon. Just had a free second, gotta clean the house before FIL gets here though!

I'm worried about tonight now....

She's been grumpy all day and this afternoon I noticed that she's really snotty and her nose is running. She's never usually snotty. I don't know if she's getting a cold or if she might be teething. No temperature.
We're supposed to be going swimming tomorrow with the inlaws - not sure whether to cancel. :shrug:

I'm sure it'll be fine tonight, she might surprise you. As for swimming, I'm sure she'll be fine as long as the water is warm. Make your mind up tomorrow I guess.

I'm pretty sure Flora has started teething she is a right crank pot, red cheeks, drooling and is mad about chewing things - slightly desperate to chew things in fact. Also her nose is quite sticky lately as well. :shrug:

Ah I hope it is teething, she's seems too young to be poorly. Maybe F & M will cut their teeth at the same time!

You know the self-centred friend? When she came round the other day I offered her a cuppa and she said she couldn't because she'd already had one cup of tea and that was her quota of caffiene for the day. I said you were allowed more than that, I used to have 1 coffee and 1-2 teas a day, and that as long as you weren't constantly drinking coke, coffee and tea all day you'd be fine. She replied with 'well you're a bad mother then' and did a semi laugh - but I could tell she was judging me for it.

Anyway - someone just uploaded pics from a birthday 'do this weekend and the friend is drinking a glass of wine, and in another pic there is a roll-up cigarette in front of her (might not have been hers, but that's what she used to smoke). So I'm even more peeved at her now! If she wants to drink (& possibly smoke) that's up to her - but don't judge me & make me feel bad for drinking coffee and tea!!! Grrrrrrrr

Has everyone had a good weekend? We went to see my cousin who has got a new shar pei-pug puppy. Soooooo cute!

Oh no offense Cocoa but she sounds quite annoying! Fancy making a bad mum joke thats just rude!

I've just advertised some crab apples on freecycle cause our tree is dragging on the ground its so heavy with them and like 5 people are coming tomorrow to get some! I'm also giving away the moses basket and stand (which was pre-loved and not especially great when we got it). I'm loving it - de-clutter my house and feel good that someone else is getting use out of stuff rather than it going in the bin!

im just glad Your ok MM and that my family and friends in CHCH are all ok. its been years since ive been in an quake but i remember how scary they can be.

Ive had a long weekend with training all day yesterday then doing the shopping and then today being out all day and not getting back till after 11pm which means im uber tired

Wow Cocoa, that is one 'special' erm friend? you have there. I had my tea or coffee every day and sometimes a coke or so too. Maybe she made her quota is lower than normal because she abuses her body. :hug: In any case, there's no call for her to say anything like that to you even masking it as a joke.
GL - I'm big on freecycling as well. I love getting rid of stuff I don't need and knowing it's not just going into a landfill.
My day was boring, but I got the house clean, so I can enjoy my day off tomorrow -small child permitting.

Hi all :hi:

Just checking in . Nice day over here today :) Still some shakes, but nothing too major.

Cocoa- some friend! :hugs:

xx

She was fab before she got pregnant. I'm dreading how she'll be for next 5 months. She told me the other week that her belly is baby not bloat - apparently at 13 weeks baby is up by your belly button (errrr.... try your pubic bone) and she also argued the toss with me because she was adament that a pregnancy lasts 36 weeks. Because obviously I hallucinated those final 5 weeks.... :haha:

M's first night in her room went really well, especially as she's chock full of snot! Bed at 8, fed at 12 & 3:30, resettled at 5:30 and up at 7. Chuffed with that! Think we're going to give swimming a miss too - she seems ok in herself so far but mega snot pouring from her and she sounds like Darth Vader when she breathes :-( She's 5 months old today though.

Lyn - get some sleep girl!

Seity - enjoy your day off!

GL - I was a member of our local freecycle, but it just seemed to be full of people 'wanting' things and not so much of the 'giving'!

I did Becki i did get some sleep lol but because of the late night and having to wake him to get him inside when we got home EJ was unsettled and woke at 5 and we could only settle him with the dummy for a few min then he would grump more so he ended up in our bed at about 6.30 and got fed then co-slept with me till 8.15 when i woke and found DH had gone to work and Nate was still asleep he woke just before 9 so i got up with him and left EJ in bed and he woke 10min later , i think we will all take a nap together later

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalalaalallalaalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalalaalallalaalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalalaalallalaalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalalaalallalaalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalalaalallalaalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalalaalallalaalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalalaalallalaalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

MM - :rofl: are you bored?

Cocoa - oh she sounds like a right number that one! Self-righteousness is so unappealing in a person and especially bad when combined with ignorance!
Also yes there are a lot of wanted threads on freecycle but hey ho I don't read most of it I just put something on there when I want rid of it, far easier than driving to the tip. I guess some people really are in need and others are just chancers.

Seity hope you had a nice day off. We spent the weekend cleaning too and I feel so much better now that the house is organised.

My night was resettle at 11, feed at 12 and 3:30, brought into our bed at 6:30. Not bad but she had dropped the midnight feed lately so not sure what that was about. She has one red cheek this morning...

Lol @ MM! Singing us a nice song..

Does anyone else feel like they won't tolerate as much BS now you're a mum? This friend has always been 'economical' with the truth, but not in a bad way - just a bit over exaggerating etc. When she found out she was pregnant- she said she took 18 Clearblue tests and then phoned the manufacturer to tell them their tests were wrong. Pretty sure no one would do that - it would cost a
fortune apart from anything! I find myself not wanting to bother with people like that anymore. Much more important things to be doing! It's sad though - we've been friends for nearly 14 years.

GL - I bet you get loads of replies living in London. Definitely easier than going to the tip - and you get a warm fuzzy feeling for helping someone too!

ive been checking out pics of chch (hometown also where MM lives) on the net and they are tearing down some of my old haunts

was just talking to my dad and apparently they are still getting some pretty big aftershocks in CHCH

@MM, that was lovely hun!

@Cocoa, that friend sounds a bit loony to tell the truth...I love the bit about pregnancy only lasting 36 weeks! I have a couple friends like that too though. They drive me crazy but they are still important to me...

@GL-could the red cheek just be the way she slept? Mika sleeps with one hand under his face and wakes up with a red cheek sometimes too...

It's actually a lovely day here. For the past week the weather has mostly stayed in the 80's, although yesterday it got to about 95. I think Mika and I may go for a walk later today if the wind calms down a bit. (It is always windy here, but he seems to be having some allergy problems so I figure its best to stay out of it if possible). He seems to have gotten over his cold though. Fever is gone, cough is gone for the most part. His chest is still a bit congested and he rattles a bit, but I think it is mostly allergies now since his snot is clear. Now it seems I have caught his cold. :(

Oooh, quick TMI question. Does anyone else find they are still having some bladder issues? Since I was pregnant I've had stress incontinence (sneezing, coughing, laughing) and it isn't going away! I've been faithfully doing my Kegels for months now, and it doesn't seem to be doing any good, if anything it is getting worse, sometimes it feels like I haven't emptied my bladder all the way... Like I said, TMI, but do you guys have any ideas?

Blonde, i have a bladder made of steel plating im sure caus i was the pregnant lady that never needed to pee no matter how much i had to drink lol so cant help sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->