march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Yeah CocoaOne will keep my fingers crossed for you that you have cracked it hun :thumbup:

Chase loves gripe water, mind you i think he may just be a little piggy, he's on folic acid and loves that and was on infacol, he even takes his gaviscon no problem and that tastes awful! Yup defo a lil piggy i think anything thats edible he likes.

Rosy i don't blame ya for not getting up to go to the living room, i wouldn't have either, when i'm tired and comfy there's nowt moving me, except Chase as i don't hace a choice.

Ooh my hubby has been really good, he was dreading nappy changes, but in his words "i love changing his nappy", weirdo!!! Ahh but i'm so glad he does it as it gives me a break and he also seems to do most of the explosive ones! This is gross ha ha and he said he wasn't going to tell me but he was changing him the other day after an explosive one and he pulled open the poppers on his sleepsuit and a lil bit of poop flew onto his lip :rofl: he said he was wretching!!! I should't laugh but it is quite funny.

MM how good is Ella being, what a good girl. I can't wait to get more than 3 hours straight.

I'm just waiting for the HV can't wait to see what he weighs, he was 7.5lbs 2 weeks ago and the way he eats he surely must have put a bit on, i hope.

well im feeling better than i was at 4am lol, EJ has been ok so far today and Nate has been well behaved too even while DH was out at the gym,

So, it would seem Lachlan's having a growth spurt today! He's been feeding every hour to two hours :wacko: And it is feeding, not just comfort sucking as even his dummy won't help...

Boobs are rather depleted and after putting him down for awhile in his bassinet and rocking it a bit, putting on white noise on youtube and lullabies...nothing worked :dohh: Left the room and there was a very pent up baby.

So I took him back out and the crying immediately stopped - he obviously just didn't want to be in bed. And now it's formula time so that mummy gets a good sleep :D :D hehe...will let everyone know how things go. He was a bit tricky last night and the night before too so I think it must be due to him growing and wanting more food.

Fingers crossed...xx

goodluck rwhite!!

What does it mean when babies will squirm and be really restless, won't take a bottle but will take the breast but not really drink and will shake her head and pretty much pull your nipple off and just wriggle. She's been doing that abit today. also has any one else noticed their baby doesn't blink as much as we do??

yeah Chase now weighs 8lb 6oz thats a pound in 2 weeks :happydance:

MM not sure what that means hun? x

colief is another good one for windy babies!

been using my fabric wrap sling successfully the last couple of days and really love it. Takes a minute to get him in comfortably but its so much easier than dragging out the big buggy and trying to wheel it through the school gates with the 5 million other parents/buggies/scooters/kids!

Wren is terrible for pulling/wrestling my nipple, it is really painful, I keep saying 'no' in a firm tone to let her know that she can't do that but she hasn't taken any notice, in the last day or so I have started to take her off when she does it as I can't take it anymorwe, BF'ing si still painful for me so this is making it worse!

Wren seems to like Flatulex which is Infacol I think, smells like bublegum! She doesn't seem to mind taking it or the Vitamin D supplement we give her.

andi , in my experience when babies fuss and wiggle but wont feed but want to suck its caus they have wind that they cant get up

Help!!

I just started to express the other day (Sunday night) and I have only been giving Wren 1 or 2 feeds each day by the bottle and now tonight I am worried she has nipple confusion!! I tried to BF her tonight and she seemed to have some issues, she wouldnt stay latched and kept bobbing on and off and crying. She may just have be havin a hard time with gas and I might just be panicking but I am really worried. Does anyone know what a baby does when they have nipple confusion?

Lachlan seems to do the struggling/scratching/wrestling with my boob on a daily basis. Infact he's doing it with my arm as we speak LOL...just took a video hehe so will upload it a little later on, it looks so funny..
EDIT: Here's the video lol...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxYuSG8hvMk

He does it first thing in the morning even (i.e. now) so I don't think it's to do with gas, I think it's just them being hungry and impatient so they don't stop and think to just latch on. Lachlan took almost 5 minutes of this once before he actually latched properly because he wound himself up :lol:

I really do think it is that they are impatient and they can't get themselves on the boob/can't get comfortable.

Oh and by the way...we learned last night that 120ml of formula at bedtime equals an unbroken 7 hour sleep :dance: :happydance: Combo feeding here I come? :haha: x

lol rosy, i have been tempted so many times to give EJ formula at night to make him go longer but knowing my luck it wouldnt work and it would upset his tummy and he would be up all night throwing up like he did when they tried it at the hospital,

andi , in my experience when babies fuss and wiggle but wont feed but want to suck its caus they have wind that they cant get up

thank you that was my 1st thought. just thought i'd double check x

lol rosy, i have been tempted so many times to give EJ formula at night to make him go longer but knowing my luck it wouldnt work and it would upset his tummy and he would be up all night throwing up like he did when they tried it at the hospital,

Lol I would say give it a shot but I guess your normal amount of sleep would be much better than gambling with it and ending up with nothing eh! Be no good if it went the opposite way than intended :haha:

Did they try him on a sensitive one or just normal?
x

Hi ladies :flower: havent posted in a while, but i have been reading, its just really hard to find the time to actually type something. I am combo feeding only because i dont produce enough milk :( no matter how much i pump n how often, im still only getting the same amount each day approximately. i can get about 2 or 3 bottles (150ml bottles) per day. Jesse doesnt sleep any better with formula i dont think. He feeds every 2.5-3.5hrs on average, altho last night he went 5.5hrs,altho that wasnt on my 'shift' it was on Jonnos so i got no benefit from it lol. Any way a few questions..
Can they eat too much? Jesse seems to be taking a good 160-180ml per feed, every 2.5-3.5hrs of formula and on EBM we give him 160-170ml per feed but then he is screaming for food about 2hrs 15min later???
Also when they wake in the middle of the night, what is your routine? im trying to figure out if there is an easier and quicker way to put him to sleep?He wakes, n while hes in the early stages of rustling round in the bed,i warm his bottle up, feed him half (because he falls alseep after 100mls or so lol), burp him, then feed him the rest,burp him again then change him. But of the last couple of nights,when i burp him the first time, i try n change him instead of at the end because idont want to wake him up anymore after his feed. What does everyone else do?
On a happier note :dance: Jesse has been smiling for a couple of weeks now(and its NOT wind!!! definately smiles, he loves rasberrries on his belly lol) n he has started 'coo'ing' . if i put him down or change him or put him near a toy, he starts making googling noises like he is trying to have a conversation lol, it is sooo cute, my mum cried when she saw it the other day lol. He does it for a good hour aswell. :dance:
Also OT but my friend has just announced to everyone ( ive known for ages now lol) that she is 20weeks pregnant after 5 miscarriages :) im sooo happy for her, i dont think she would have dealt with another, she was hospitalised last time because she had a bit of a breakdown.... poor thing. Best of luckto her.
Hope everyone is well! :flower:

Tiger- Sounds like Jesse is just a hungry baby. Connor is too, he takes 150-180ml very 3-3.hrs. He skips one feed at night cause he will sleep 6-7 hours.
I also combo feed, because I don't produce enough milk to keep him satisfied.
At night, when I here him stiring I get his bottle ready, then I change his diaper before I feed him. If I wait till after he feeds then he won't go back to sleep.

r u breastfeeding too Tiger? or just expressing and feeding it by bottle?

Mika has started sleeping through the night! More or less. He wakes up and fusses sometimes, but his binky fixes the problem, so I know he isn't hungry.

He has been taking anywhere from 3-9 ounces, he isn't very consistent, lol. He has been taking at least 4 ounces for several weeks now, but was sometimes managing 5 or 6 ounces at about 4 weeks old and still waking up hungry a couple hours later.

thanks kel127 :flower: , he must just be a hungry baby! ive tried everything to boost my supply but nothin works! :( its upsetting.
the only problem with that, is that jesse poo's while eating lol so i cant do it b4. n he would scream for food the whole time too.
MM - just expressing. he has refused the nipple since he was a week old`

thanks kel127 :flower: , he must just be a hungry baby! ive tried everything to boost my supply but nothin works! :( its upsetting.
the only problem with that, is that jesse poo's while eating lol so i cant do it b4. n he would scream for food the whole time too.
MM - just expressing. he has refused the nipple since he was a week old`

Have you tried nipple shields hun? I am an absolute advocate for them (though I'm kinda stuck using them lol I don't mind though cause it saves having sore nips to begin with...heaven forbid if I stop using them though :wacko:). Lachlan couldn't latch onto my inverted nips, so we tried the shields and he has no problems :) You should give them a go and see how it goes - you may find that your milk supply is increased by having bubs suckle at your boob, it's meant to work. The pump will only be doing so much to help your milk supply xx :hugs:

And nice to hear that Jesse's doing lots of smiles, you should try and catch some and put up a pic :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->