march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Wowser, love the teeth Kel, everyday I expect to see a tooth appear but still no sign even though Wren has been teething for what seems like forever...my poor baby

Wren is still crying loads and has picked up a bad rep at the kindermusik we go to, the teacher keeps saying stuff like oh Wren wants us to me be moving more or Wren doesnt want us to sit down beacuse she fusses when we are doing the more quiet things, anyway I am not overly happy about being pin pointed out during the class so I am going to see how it goes tomorrow and if the teacher continues I am going to ask her not to do that because Wren is not the only baby who makes a bit of noise but she is the most conistant!

We have our 6 month check up on Wednesday, looking forward to seeing how long and how much she weighs but not looking forward to her having more injections!

We are in our new flat and it is awesome! the new area is awesome! I feel a little happier here in Basel now although I still look forward to the day we move back to Canada!

Well I should go...I am super tired....oh and Wren is still waking every 2 hrs through the night.....aaarrrgggg

Oh.....I am 32....

Emskins-I'm the same way, I keep expecting to see a little tooth, but nope! He has days when he is just frantic about rubbing stuff on his gums, sometimes so hard I can hear it squeak! But still no "holes" for teeth, or white spots on the gums. He did have a sudden diaper rash, but I think that was because we are starting a tiny bit of juice and mommy forgot to dilute it!

Seity-Look at Gabriel go! Mika still isn't really crawling, doing a bit of an army crawl but hasn't quite figured it out yet.

Today was the first time I've ever seen him have much of an interest in finger foods/snacks. We were sitting at the table and I gave him a 'nilla wafer and a rusk and he devoured both of them!

We are also trying to use a sippy cup....or at least play with it and get used to it. But tbh, I'm not sure if I even want to start him on one or just go straight to a regular cup. I have read that it is better for oral development not to use sippy cups. What are you guys doing?

I'm 21 btw, OH is 31.

Em & bNk - Gabriel is the same with the teething. Madly chomping away and squeaking the teether back and forth, but no sign of an actual tooth. He's had a bit of diaper rash lately as well.
We just got back from brunch and I let him have a triangle of french toast. He made quite a mess of it and even managed to eat some of it.
bNk - We plan to use a sippy cup. I already bought a NUK learner cup, but we haven't used it yet.

BnK- We have already started using a sippy cup. We also have the Nuk learner cup. He has water in it after every meal, and he is doing really well with it. I hope to be able to get rid of bottles when he turns one.

Seity- I am 28!

I have a Nuk cup and one that I think is made by Gerber, I would have to look. He really is much more interested in licking the bottom of the cup than anything else, lol.

Seity - Go Gabriel! And you're soooo lucky to have caught it on camera!

Emskins - Glad you're settled in your new place. I hope Wren's sleep settles a bit soon - you need a good long stretch to recover from the move! And I agree - rude of the leader to keep pointing Wren out. I hope you give her filthy looks when she does it.

I've got a sippy cup and a doidy cup but M isn't too fussed with them. Like everything - she eagerly puts them in her mouth and then spits out the water or milk :dohh:

I'm 26, will be 27 in a few months.

I gave M a soldier of toast when I was having my breakfast and she loved it! Typical - I know you're not supposed to give them wheat before 6 months. I also tried her on a stick of apple which she loved, and then I realised that you shouldn't give raw apple because it can break into big chunks (she just tongued and sucked it before I took it off her)

So it seems she does want food...... just the stuff she's not allowed! I'm going to roast some veg tomorrow to see how she goes with that.

I wouldn't worry about the wheat unless you have food allergies in your family. It's not like she'll be eating much just yet anyway. Wheat toast is one of Gabriel's favorites. Apple can be offered if you cut it really thin too.

Mika will only eat mixed grain cereal, so he has had wheat for a while. I just gave him boiled egg yolk for the first time today. He liked it, but had some trouble getting it to his mouth!

Cocoa-I had to google what a "soldier of toast" means, lol!

Regarding finger foods, do you think okra would be ok? It would be fried (I know, not the healthiest thing in the world) in a spear, but I would do his without breading. My only concern is the seeds....

Lol - sorry, I should be more US friendly! I can't wait until I can have dippy egg and soldiers with M :wink: No idea why we call them soldiers BTW!

Thanks for the advice too - I won't worry too much about the wheat then. I was confused because presumably Rusks are wheat based, and I noticed the other day that they say 4-6 months on the box. I'm dreading M having Rusks - only because I will eat them all! :rofl:

Lol, I think the rusks in the US may be different from rusks in the UK? I say that because I saw a post a few months back about how much sugar is in rusks, but ours have no sugar or artificial sweeteners and are made from rice...maybe that's just a specific brand though!

These are our rusks

https://www.google.co.uk/m/search?s...l=en&gl=uk&client=safari&q=farley's rusks#i=0

More of a biscuit (cookie! Lol) than anything I suppose. They are made from wheat, milk powder and lots of sugar I think. They go really mushy and babies suck them until they are covered in sticky, mushy, mess. They're blimmin lovely! You can get banana and apple flavours too. Yum

ETA - they also have added vitamins and iron, so they aren't totally bad :rofl:

Lol, yup sounds a lot like a cookie! We give Mika 'Nilla Wafers, he adores them! The ones we get aren't the brand name though, they are dairy free ones from the health food store.

https://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/...eed_Products_Google_Free_Listing#prodDescCont

These are the rusks we get. He doesn't get them very often though because they can contain traces of milk and his dr. doesn't want much milk in his system yet. They really look quite bland and tasteless (they really look like styrofoam and are white) but they taste just like a rice cake...mommy eats them too!

I think I may have to try to find some "real" rusks now. Surely there is somewhere in the US that sells them!

I've only ever heard the term rusk from the brits. I didn't even know we had anything with that name here in the US. I suppose the digestives (cookies) are similar? I think my mom always gave us graham crackers as babies.

Louise - You aren't old!! I'm just young compared to everybody else lol (I think I'm the youngest here?! I think Kayla was 18 though, does she still post?)

GreenLady - Thanks! :hugs: x I just get mummy paranoia I guess huh hehe I suppose it's quite common! Lachlan has a big head too, it's so funny compared to the rest of his body...and his cheeks are chubby but his body isn't. Hehe cute that she spins around, Lachlan does it slowly, I'll turn around and he's halfway around the playmat, how on earth do they do that?! Oh and I so know the feeling of the overwhelmedness. Problem is I often get it when it's midnight and he's gone to bed and I just get this urge to nurse him :lol: I've taken him out of bed because of it to feed him a few times and Tom's been pretty pissed off haha.

Sarah - Lol! I figured you meant that...

Seity- Thank you :) And that's amazing about Gabriel's sleep, well done little guy! Don't you love it when they go down for that extra bit of sleep! Lachlan used to all the time but now he'll only go back down for an hour so I have to get up for good at 8 or 9 depending on when he wakes up in the first place, used to be 10 or 11 lol I guess I just got lucky with that!
That's cool that you're signing to him, I always say I'm going to start signing to Lachlan, I'll do a few then completely forget :dohh: Let us know when he says one back!!
OMG I love the vid of him army crawling, he's so clever! And absolutely adorable. You're right, he does watch the cats intently

Kel - Thank you :D Connor is sooo cute!! I'm so impressed with his teeth, he looks like a big boy now (and with his hair, can he have a talk to Lachlan about that department lol...)

Emskins - I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at the music group, they should realise that babies just cry sometimes, how rude of them :(

Becki - So cute that M enjoyed her toast! I think it's okay, she's close enough to 6 months as it is :) I gave Lachlan some raw pear to suck on once and he didn't wanna let it go once I got worried...hehe. Pumpkin is good to roast, I think they can have things like parsnips too. Let us know how she likes it :)

Rusks for us are really hard...erm...almost biscuits/cookies. Like, really hard. I bit into it and I swear I nearly chipped my tooth lol.. We have the Farex brand, and they're pretty natural (no preservatives, sugar etc) and rice based. Lachlan is yet to finish one but he does love sucking on them!

I'm going to coffee group again today, should be fun :D We're doing Zumba cause the girl's house we're going to has it so I'm really looking forward to that. I have 15kg (33lb) to lose so I'm thinking I should get on to that sometime soon instead of just talking about it...!!

Lachlan's laid on the sheepskin in front of me, playing with a taggy ball I got him online, he loves it and it has a wrist strap. He hasn't figured out that if he moves his arm the ball will come too but I think he's getting there, he's currently trying to swipe at it lol. I made the biggest mistake of turning the Wiggles on for him in the background when he was having a perfectly good time playing with his toys then he was glued to the tv instead, completely still :dohh: so off it went! Typical male lol.

I got him the cutest rainbow leg warmers!! Hopefully nobody says he looks like a girl, I think they're absolutely adorable for a boy or a girl :) I hate things like camo print so that pattern just wasn't going to do :lol: x Ones with dinos on would be mega cute though!

Rosy-how old are you? You may have said a few posts back but I'm not finding it!

Only 33 lbs to lose? I don't wanna admit how many pounds I have to lose. I'm at my heaviest ever but I like food...

Weaning age is recommended 6 months but the law still allows baby food to be packaged from 4 months as that is a loophole in the law

Ugh, ladies, i know you hear it a lot but be glad if your LO isnt crawling or standing. Hunter is standing up using everything he can use for balance, sofas, tables, my legs, laundry baskets, anything AT ALL! I literally have to be with him in case he falls until he gets more stable and he's so fast and I have NO time in the day left for anything anymore. I have ordered him a leap frog learning table https://www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-Learn-Groove-Musical-Table/dp/B000EIV1RO/ref=pd_bxgy_by_text_b because he is no longer interested in his toys but he enjoys some of the cause and effect type things (like he makes it light up or make a sound bydoing something) i dug out of the hand me down bag from SIL. I had things for when he is older in the bag but i need to rethink all his toys now. If i can just find something that will keep his attention for 2 minutes i will be happy! Its hard work, in fact i think its the hardest so far. Up to now motherhood has been easy for me tbh. And I guess i dont mean HARD just tiring and time consuming! I hope that this table (i have been recommended) will keep him occupied for a bit because he can stand and play.

double post...
rwhite Hunter has dino leg warmers :D

computer is too slow today and wont upload

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back