march lambs 2010 come on ladies

have you thought about a bath seat like this? Safety first bath seat my friend with twins had them for her girls and found them great.

personally Nate just swims in the bath now and eats the bubbles lol EJ hasnt rolled in the bath yet

havent caught up properly yet but i noticed mntion of socket covers and i dont wannascare anyone but thought this was useful for you UK mums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WhFgaqCX0

Hunter is 6 months as soon as it turns midnight! Happy half birthday little man!!

he has been cruising the furniture the last few days and as i was recording him yesterday (as i often do when he does anything!! :haha:) he let go and stood unaided for the first time... sooo glad i got that on video :) He stood fpr 4-5 seconds waving his sock aound :haha: there is video on my fb but i dont know how to link it, ive tried before and it fails ... i'll try again

ETA nope didint work :(

JJ: It took Charlotte a little while to get used to lumpy food. She used to try to just suck it down like she would a puree and would choke on it. That made her quite hesitant. So I gradually increased the amount of lumpiness until she learned you can't just inhale everything. Lately I've been giving her whole peas and sticks of toast. She loves feeding herself (especially since I make such a big deal over it).

Seity: Charlotte has started turning over in the tub too. She always keeps her head up and I just try to keep an eye on her. I've read about dry drowning too, but that sounds like such a freak thing that I am trying not to worry about it. I like Lynn's suggestion about the bath seat.

Kel: Congrats to your friend.

Charlotte has been in an awful mood this evening. Even holding her hasn't comforted her much. I just hate it when she cries and I don't know what to do. I took her outside and that seemed to help. Glad the weather is getting a bit cooler here.

DM2 - Happy 6 months Hunter! I can't believe it was 6 months ago that we were all willing him to pop out!
Thanks for the YouTube link. The covers I've got are soooo tight that I gave up trying to get one out yesterday! No way that M will be able to, and TBH - I've never a known a baby to play with sockets/stick things in them anyway, but I'm paranoid about kids touching them with wet, dribbly hands- so it's more for my benefit really!

Seity - I've got a bath seat, used to put M in it when she was small and I've kept it for when she starts being more wiggly in the bath.

Kel - Congrats to your friend! Such a tiny weight too - is your friend small?

MM - happy 6 months Ella! She looked so cute in her Bumbo! Sorry to hear you're having more quakes :hugs:

M went to bed at 7 last night, woke for feeds at 10 and 2, and is still asleep (just stirring by the sounds if it). It's the first time ever she hasn't woken for a 4/5/6am feed! My boob hurts! :haha:

happy six months hunter

thanks for the vid hun we have saftey sockert covers but never use them caus i was forever breaking my nails trying to get them out lol

Hey ladies! just swinging by to say hi, i have a friend over. i just had a wee catch up and thanks heaps with trhe responses to my questions. i just gave her a wee bit of cereal this morning,. a taster of custard and egg in the afternoon, and then a taster of veges, lamb fry and bacon (All still in-a-jar at the moment). And lots of breastfeeds so i am happy with that :) Will catch up properly tomo. Night all! x

Happy 6 months Hunter!
lynn - Yeah, I've been thinking about a bath seat like that. I put one on his christmas wishlist.
Kel - Congrats to your friend. Her baby is bigger than Gabriel was (just barely).
vegas - I agree it's probably one of those freak things. I think I'll just be nervous for a while and keep a close eye on him. He has a baby tub he could sit up in, but he refuses to sit and just squirms until he's out of it and that was when he was happy on his back, so I'm not sure if he'd sit in the chair style one or not. I'll just have to extra watchful for now.
MM - Sounds like you've got a good plan that works for you.
Cocoa - Yay for sleep! Gabriel only woke twice last night if you don't count his 6:30 waking, which seems to be his normal start of the day, even if it's not mine.
DM2 - Wish you could get the video link to work. I'd love to see the video

I've never known a baby to play with sockets myself, so I'm not sure we'll bother with covers. I did get some corner covers for the coffee table already, so we've got them at hand as soon as he starts cruising.
I had my first night out without the baby last night. :happydance: Sure I go to work during the day and have had the occasional 1 hour away, but I've always been home to feed him and put him to bed before this. He wasn't very good for daddy though, crying and fussing for about 2 hours before it was finally his bed time, so I don't think I'll be getting another evening off for a very long time.

im heading out tonight without the boys lol best defrost some milk for EJ in the morning though as i plan to drink tonight lol and his morning bottle i normally express before bed lol and dont think he will want that milk tonight hehehe, that of course is relying that DH will drop me off and pick me up lol or i can figure a bus route to get home lol

DM2: Happy six months Hunter.

Seity: I just looked online at both BabiesRUs and Target and neither even carry a bath seat. I wonder why not? Glad you got to get out for a bit. Sorry Gabriel wasn't a little angel for his daddy while you were gone.

Lynn: Have fun tonight.

I need to think about childproofing as well. Charlotte keeps rolling over to the bar (so much like her father). There are open shelves that hold some bottles and the blender and I think she is drawn to shiny stuff, but I don't want her to pull anything out and break it. I have no idea what I am going to do with all the stuff. Guess I'll just have to drink it all and then it won't be a danger to her. But seriously my, entire home is a hazard, I just thought I would have a little longer to figure all this out.

We are still unpacking at the mo so my free time in limited!

I went to IKEA today and bought a few baby proofing bits even though Wren isn't crawling yet I figured I had better start to get ourselves ready for the eventuality!

I took Wren to a Physiotherpist/Osteopath yesterday after discussing the continuos crying from Wren, she seemed to think she has some mobilty problems with her neck which are also causing pressure in her scull! Anyway she did some mild pressure relief techniques, I was a bit nervous about what she was going to do but it seemd like she was just putting pressure on certain areas around her head. Wren didn;t like it much so it made for a stresfull experience for both of us. It is har do tsay whether she cried less today or not but the Dr suggested we could expect as much as a 50% redcution in crying! I will keep you posted of her progress.

Lynn-have fun on you night out! I still havent managed to have one of those so have a drink for me!

Cocoa-good ot hear you had a bit of a better night, like you I am up half the night still with Wren, man am I looking forward to a decent night seep somewhere in the future!

I have started giving Wren 2 meals a day, luch and dinner in a bid to help her sleep better, she didnt eat too well today so I am not hopeful for tonight but you never know!

Emskins - sorry to hear you're still not getting much sleep. It really is a form of torture isn't it?! I hope the osteopath improves things, definitely worth a shot. Is it expensive or does your insurance cover it?

Vegas - our house is tiny, so it will take about 3 seconds for M to crawl into trouble! Dreading it!

Lyn - enjoy your night out!

Seity - it's nice to have some proper 'you' time though. I won't be getting another night out until M decides to take a bottle.

We had our first scary gagging incident today. I was calm at first, but it seemed to go on for ages.... I'd just stood up and started to unbuckle her to hang her upside down when she sicked it back up. Phew! I'm scared of it happening in public/at other people's homes now - I don't think I'll be feeding her anywhere else for a while, I know if it happens in front of other people they will panic which will panic me! M was fine after though and carried on eating. I gave her broccoli tonight and she really didn't like it :-(

Hi all, been reading but not writing for a day or so. Swimming was great, really gentle and they all seemed to enjoy it. Flora needed a feed in the middle but it was just the timing of it. I doubt we'll be allowed to take any photos :nope:

I gave her some pureed pear last night mixed with EBM, she really enjoyed it, she tried it twice before but didn't like it. I also gave hersome pureed carrot tonight, she ate maybe a teaspoonful which is fine by me. I'm going try a bit of finger food BLW style when shes 6-7 months, but also just wanted to start a few gentle taste introductions now. She is nearly sitting properly now as well so watch this space.

Seity - scary that Gabriel turned over in the bath. Actually it reminds me the other day I had Flora in the pushchair while I was getting ready but not clipped in, and while I wasn't looking she nearly climbed out of it just by arching her back and sliding down :shock:. I hope he doesn't do it again but I guess its just that tiime when we have to start being extra vigilant. (I should've clipped her in but for ages she was just sitting there playing with a lamaze toy, so thought she was distracted).

DM2 - happy 6 months Hunter! Wow time is really flying.

Cocoa - sleeping is going well for you finally that's great. I had just one waking at 3 the night before last, and last night at 1:30 and 5:30. So its inconsistent but generally OK.

Lynn - have a nice night where are you off too? We're out tomorrow night first time together while BIL watches Flora. I can't say I even feel the need to go out but I guess it'll be good for us.

MM - sounds like the feeding is going well for you and El.

Emskins - good luck with the osteopath I hope it works with the crying, and you never know the sleeping too! I took Flora a few months back and I think it did help a bit. Anything's worth a try really.

I haven't done any baby proofing yet either, I didn't know you could get stuff from IKEA thats a good idea.

Sooo not looking foward to baby-proofing!!!

i gave El a slice of apple yesterday. She loved it, was chewing on it hard core. i think it mustve been nice on her gums. And sucking it lol. I was holding it for her. i'll upload the vid later :) I'm thinking of getting one of those little sack things that she can suck through

Eeek! My turn to have a bad mummy moment! Flora just fell off the sofa :dohh: She did it last night as well but I was standing right next to her and caught her before she fell. Today I was just checking a cake in the oven, about 2 metres away, and she fell just as I turned back. Why didn't I learn my lesson :cry:

She's fine, there's a rug on the floor so I don't think she really hurt herself, just got a shock and cried for a little while. I just put her down for a nap because I was about to anyway and she seemed OK to sleep so hopefully she'll still wake up with a smile on her face. I'm going to have to think about where I put her all the time now!! I feel terrible!

Ah GL - we all do things like that. It's surprising how much trouble LOs can get in while we turn our backs for a few seconds!

That's why I bought the walker - I can pop her in while I'm out of the room and it will keep her out of too much mischief!

GL - It's so scary when that happens. I'm so much more paranoid about where I put Gabriel since he rolled off the changing table.

Looks like he's finally napping. He's been fighting it for the last hour. (My OH appears to be napping as well) Guess that means the house cleaning is up to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->