march lambs 2010 come on ladies

I've been using Target Up and Up formula. It's about half the cost of the name brands.

looks like a great highchair thanks girlies but they dont sell ones like that here the UK toys r us doesnt carry it the only one ive found is this one
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400150995352&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT but id prefer the one you guys have lol

would one of you see what shipping would cost from there to here i cant buy directly from the US store as it doesnt allow me to :(

if one of you could weigh it and see what weight id be so grateful

Lynn: The product weighs 12.2 lbs according to Toys-R-Us. I found this similar item on Amazon UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-Level-Booster-Seat/dp/B000JVXZF2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_by_1 Do you think that would work? It is almost exactly like the one Kel and I have. I wonder why you don't have the Fisher Price seat where you live considering you have plenty of other FP items (such as jumperoos)?

Seity: I plan on going to Target this afternoon so thank you for the suggestion. I use a lot of the other up and up products and love them so I will give the formula a try.

thanks hun,
i'll probably just go to IKEA lol the legs of their chair come off so you can store it easier

I think Flora has a cold :(. We went swimming again this morning and then we went straight into town and it was pissing with rain, had the raincover on but I was out with her for 6 hours altogether including swimming. And my OH has had a cold the last 2 days, so it all adds up to sick baby!

I mean I think she is, she freaked out when we tried to bath her tonight and just wanted to go to bed. She has been waking up a bit since going down seems like every sleep cycle, and just now she was really crying in a sad pathetic way, her nose sounded blocked, so I gave her some calpol and a cuddle and put and extra blanket over her. Is that all I can do? I know for myself when I have a cold you've just got to ride it out, stay warm, eat comforting plain food and rest a lot. But there's not much else you can do (apart from take paracetamol/ibuprofen). I assume its sort of the same for her?

Just feeling a bit guilty that I was out and about in the rain straight after swimming and now she's poorly :cry:

:hug: hun its ok she will be fine, most babies get their first cold at about this age as they loose the immunity they are born with around this time, you can raise the head of her cot a little and Karvol drops on the bedsheet ( or on a tissue under the sheet ) should help, if shes sounding blocked you can use Vicks Rub on her back. otherwise make sure shes getting enough fluids so feed her whenever she wants and keep her nice and snug,
We are all fighting colds atm so my house is scented of Vicks lol.

Thank Lynn :hugs: yeah some vicks or olbas oil on a muslin tied over the mobile hanger somebody mentioned that once i now remember. It did occur to me that she might have less immunity with weaning as well maybe?

Thanks I feel better now!

GL - I hope she feels better soon. I dread the first cold.

Gabriel has now been up for 8 hours straight. He is happy and squealing. I was hoping he'd sleep more today after getting his shots yesterday, silly defective boy. Maybe he'll sleep extra good tonight.

Edit - Just got him to sleep. He was awake 8 1/2 hours!

We are on a Similac hypoallergenic formula and I called Mika's pediatrician and she said that even if his formula was part of the recalled batch, switching formulas abruptly may be more harmful to him than what she called "a little extra protein." So for the time being we are still using the Similac, although we are going to start transitioning to Gerber this week anyway because the Dr. wants to try soy.

Vegas- that's gross about the formula! Did any of you who are on my facebook see the big debate on my formula status? One of my friends was bagging formula and it did not go down well. if it was a thread on bnb it wouldve been locked :haha:
That highcahir looks cool! All our table chairs are wobbly so i wouldnt trust them lol.

Julchen- Please don't stress your big day is going to be perfect! :flower:

GL- don't feel bad. Atleast you had a good day out. i'm sorry Flora is feeling poorly though :hugs:

Seity- Wow thats a long time to be awake! i'm glad he didnt get too grumpy!!

:flower:

no i missed the debate on your FB hun ooo000o ( off to see if i can see it lol ) today is toddler group day but we arent going caus Nate has still got a bad cold and isnt well enough for toddler group considering he picked up this cold there last week and its still with us and has spread to all of us. DH has the day off so im hoping i will get the chance to load up the boys drawers with their right size clothes and finish photographing other clothes for sale, I will post stuff overseas if any of you see anything on my FB sale page that you like

Do you have a specific song that is you and a friends? Like you listen to it and sing it everytime you are around each other. I just had to share. It's driving OH crazy coz its all we sing and its been around for ages :rofl: It's so stupid but yet so catchy. if you have a moment to listen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nG894NQ5g&feature=related

:rofl: It's so stupid, but it's our song. No idea how or why :haha: just thought i'd share the love :rofl:

Ah GL - Flora will be better in a day or two, M was but the snottyness lasted a week I think. I got some saline drops for her nose and some vicks stuff to rub on her chest. Literally everyone I know has either had, or currently has that blimmin cold!

Gross about the formula guys - if you stop and think about the things that get into our food you'd never eat out or packaged food ever again!

All ok here - mtg at work went ok but no actual news for them to tell me. Got to wait for our Board of Directors to start making decisions I guess. OH coped well with M (only for an hour though :haha:) and he bought her a lovely outfit from Next.

I'm soooo tired at the mo. No idea why - M slept 7-2-6 last night but I just feel drained and short tempered. Think it's the dark drawing in, I usually suffering mildly with SAD so that's probably it.

Cocoa, I know what you mean about the dark drawing in. We are having a super hard time to get up in the mornings now...it is so deceiving when it is still dark at first. Great sleep of M though!!

GL - I hope Flora gets better soon!! It sucks when they have a cold and don't feel well or even have trouble breathing because of a stuffed up nose. When Sam had his first cold, I was also thinking it might be a bit confusing to them to get sick as they have no rational connection about how you just feel bad when sick. Know what I mean?

We are on day 3 of "sleep training" I nurse Sam now before his bed time routine and then usually hold him until he is almost asleep. While that can only be a temporary thing to easen the transition it has been great that he went down without being nursed to sleep. He usually cries between 5-20 minutes on / off but I am right there and to soothe him. On the first night he was super mad...I almost gave up but then thought it would not be fair as it would just confuse him and in the end probably make him more mad.

GL: Hope Flora feels better soon.

Blonde: Glad to hear that doctors aren't concerned about this recall.

Seity: Something must be in the air. Now Charlotte is refusing to nap. Had to take DH to the airport during her naptime and she would not go to sleep once we got home. She has been up for 7.5 hours and I don't see her tiring. Bedtime is at 8pm, but I doubt she'll be able to make it 12 whole hours (hope not anyway).

Lynn: Good luck with your organizing.

MM: Very silly song. Thanks for sharing.

Cocoa: I used to live where it was dark and rainy for months on end I think I had SAD too. Amazing the difference a little sun makes. A friend of mine used to go to the tanning beds to lift her spirits. Hope you feel better soon.

Jul: I hope the sleep training works quickly for you. Let us know how it goes.

DH is out of town again this weekend. Need to figure out something fun for Charlotte and I to do this weekend. There is an exhibit at the museum nearby that I want to go to, and DH does not, so that may be an option. Do y'all think our LOs are too young to go to a museum?

vegas a museum sounds nice. Gabriel loves looking at everything. Even trips to the grocery store are fun for him. If Charlotte is anything like that, she'll enjoy going someplace new.

My OH had a cold yesterday, so I was actually home for the day watching Gabriel while he spent the day in bed. He's got it easy as a SAHD. I got the kitchen cleaned, made cookies, grocery shopped, made dinner, re-cleaned the kitchen and even had time to read a few chapters from a book and that's all with a baby who only took a morning nap. I can't remember the last time I had a chance to read. How is it that he has trouble just keeping the kitchen clean when I'm at work and with a baby who's napping half the time? :shrug: Must be a guy thing.

Grrr just lost my reply! Just wanted to say thanks guys, Flora is still bunged up and was up hourly last night, PROBABLY WILL BE TONIGHT AS well oops sorry caps. She wasn't too unhappy today though thankfully, just napped really badly, probably necause she can't breather properly.

Cocoa- I don't suffer from SAD but I definitely feel down around this time of year... I find the winter really hard here - I've sort of got used to it but at the same time I've never really got used to it. Its the darkness that is the worst. I'm hoping to escape to Oz for Christmas if we can afford the 1 ticket (mum and dad paying for the other), cheapest we can find is £1650 :dohh:

Julchen - Good luck with sleep training, good for you sticking with it and I am glad to hear its getting better. Yes I know what you mean - its a whole new experience being sick for them. I hope not an experience any of them have often.

Vegas - I think its a great idea, think of all the things she'll get to look at! Flora gets this look of wonder just when I take her into the garden and show her stuff she's seen a million times before! It might be quite stimulating though and she could get tired if you were there for ages, but otherwise why the heck not?

My OH has gone out tonight so I'm home alone with sick bubba! I think I'm jjust going to turn in soon, albeit probably up again within the hour!
:flower:

Julchen - good luck with the sleep training. I need to be a bit stricter with making M go to sleep more in her cot than my arms. Let us know how Sam and you do with it.

Vegas - M would love looking round a museum, but she is SO loud sometimes that I don't think I'd take her for fear of getting chucked out! It's bad enough going around the shops with her shouting and talking to herself :haha: Everyone at booby group was so shocked at how vocal she can be. I hope you have a nice time if you take Charlotte.

Seity - lol! I dread to think what our house would look like if OH was a SAHD!

GL - M was the same. Felt so bad for her as she snorted through her naps!

Oh I think M is starting to make attempts at moving herself more. When she does tummy time she still spins herself round to get things and pushes backwards, but she's started to try and lift her back and bum to get onto her knees too. Nowhere near actually doing it yet, but she's trying. So exciting!

Bed for me too! Night x

M's newest noise sounds likes she takes a huge gasp of air and 'wer wer wer's at the same time. It's horrible!

Cocoa- would love to see a piccie of M in her new outfit!
Sorry you have been having a rough day. What is SAD?

Julchen- i hope sleep training works :)

Vegas- I would think the babies are too young to understand what the museum is about, but you could take her anyway i'm sure she will enjoy looking around.

Seity- Go you for going to work. I couldn't imagine OH as a SAHD. I'm sure he would be great at it but i can't stand to be away from Ella for that long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->