march lambs 2010 come on ladies

i havent offered EJ meat yet as hes still getting used to vege and fruit and starches lol hes getting pasta tonight lol

I bought some tuna steak for LO to try earlier, but it will probably go to waste now. I feel like s**t and have got a fever and the shivers. OH gave M her bath but I had to feed her and put her to sleep. She's a little bit grizzly but no temperature so fingers crossed she doesn't catch it.

I've got big white spots on my tonsils so definitely bacterial tonsillitis. I've had it so many times in my life but the Drs refused to take my tonsils out :growlmad: I'm not sure if it's worth going to the GP for antibiotics, they always give me thrush and I'm worried about Megan getting it too. Those of you that have had to take abx - did it affect your LO? They usually only knock a day or two off the suffering so I'm debating their worth.

Hope everyone had a good Sunday x

have you had a second opinion about your tonsils hun or has it always been the same doctor refusing to take them out? caus i would demand to see someone else if its a reccuring thing for you. ive only taken one dose of Antibioc while BF and they didnt effect either of us other than to clear the tooth root infection i had

So I'm baby-lead and I didn't even know it :rofl:

Cocoa- I hope u feel better soon :hugs: you dont have sore boobs do u? I know u can feel that way with mastitis...
I'm on antibiotics now. we havnt got thrush *touch wood*

x

Lyn - I asked my GP years ago but the criteria says you have to have had tonsillitis 4 times a year for 4 years or something ridiculous, and because I don't usually go to the GP when I've got it - they only had a record of me having 2-3 times a year. They don't like removing tonsils in adults either for some reason :shrug: I think the recovery is easier when you're a kid.

MM - that was my first thought when I started aching all over, but boobs and fine and my throat is nice and white now....

I feel soooo bad :cry: Temp is hovering just under 40 degrees now. OH is off today so hopefully he'll take charge of M. She took an Oz or so from a new sippy cup yesterday so fingers crossed he can feed her if I take ages at the Drs.

hope you feel better soon hunni it sucks being sick while looking after kids
the boys nicely slept till after 8 this morning

Cocoa- i'm sorry u arnt feeling any better :hugs:

We just had another earthquake. A 5.0. My friend was doing my nails at the time and she continued to do just that throughout the shake and she did a good job lol! She is practising doing nzils so she did mine for free. Taking abit to get used too! i made sure they were short though.

Just got the fright of my life- stoopid cat :dohh:

Just about bed time for me. i hope you are all well :hugs: xx

Cocoa - take it easy I hope your OH can do everything and let you get some rest. I dont know anything about tonsils I don't think I've ever had tonsillitis. I took abx for mastitis and as you know got terrible breast thrush. I'm not a big fan of abx in general personally but if you're feeling really lousy it will probably help clear it up a lot quicker.

I think I am mostly baby-led to without deciding to be really. its just easier.

I have another BLW question. At what point do you stop sorrying that they will choke? I have been giving Flora sticks of melon (which she loved) and cucumber (which she also like rubbing against her gums) but I am hovering over her petrified that a choke sized bit will break off. Especially as Flora shoves the thing so far back in her mouth that I worry it will break in the back of her mouth.

When they dont have teeth and they just suck bits still come off, thats OK right they can swallow some lumps can't they? Will the stuff they can't swallow just get poked back out?

What are the best things to give her while I'm still a bit paranoid about it?

Hive - how does Ronan eat so much without teeth??

Grrrrr I just wrote a massive reply and then lost it.

GL - their gag reflex is really far forward on their tongue - I can usually see the bit of food which is causing M to gag. Her body produces loads of drool too - I think it's her body's way of lubricating her throat in case something gets stuck. That said - I don't think the worry of choking will ever leave me, I just try to stay relaxed as I know she'll get it out in the end.

I was chatting to a friend with a 9 month old and she was saying that her LO can't eat anything solid because she just gags and then pukes everywhere. My cousin has a 10 month old and is so surprised that I give M cucumber and pear because she'd be too worried about her LO choking on them. I think it's slightly easier when they haven't got teeth because they're less likely to bite big chunks off. Also - when they've been eating purees for a while they can get impatient for the food to tend to swallow quicker without moving it around their mouth to get a feel for it. I'm so pleased we do BLW, you'd have the choking worry a bit later on if you TW anyway.

Happy birthday Hivechilld! :flower:

I'm feeling better now, my temp is back to normal so I just feel a bit under the weather rather than feeling like death! I took one antibiotic tablet but I probably won't take anymore if I'm on the mend anyway. I usually finish courses of antibiotics, but I doubt 1 tablet has made a difference yet.

I'm watching M watch Waybuloo. She LOVES it! She's gets so excited when they come on the screen and screetches and talks to them. So cute! I think she likes their big eyes. Here's what they look like for you girls across the ponds:

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/pictures/586xAny/5/3/9/1101539_waybuloo.jpg

GL, twice at lunch today EJ got food stuck to the roof of his mouth that i had to help him get out lol he was just chatting away with a bit of soggy bread in there and then with a bit of tomato skin later on, he gags then coughs it and leans forward and shakes his head i think it good babies learn how to deal with food lumps earlier rather than later though we had loads of trouble moving Nate from stage one to stage 2 foods caus he gagged on all the lumps and would flat refuse anything with lumps

Happy birthday Hivechild :cake:
Cocoa - Sorry to hear about the tonsils. I get recurring infections as well and it's been a pain my whole life and they refused to take my tonsils out as well. Now I'm way too old for them to even consider it. *sigh*
GL - Gabriel got some of the pretzel stuck to the roof of his mouth on Saturday. It just dissolved/worked its way free in its own time and he swallowed it. He didn't seem to mind that it was there. He's done the gagging a few times, but he deals with it really well and either swallows or spits the food out.

happy birthday hivechild and happy 7month birthday to Gabriel

Rwhite: Thank you for sharing your news with us. You did a great job BFing for six months. That's twice as long as I made it. I was sad when I made the decision to stop too, but since my LO is thriving I know it was the right decision.

MM: Ella is beyond cute in those tutus.

Blonde: Glad your sister got to the doctor. How does she feel about not being pregnant. I would figure that is almost as big of a shock as thinking you are pregnant at her age. Just wonder what caused the false positives. Hope Mika gets better soon.

Cocoa: Glad you are feeling a bit better. Even though I am not doing BLW all the way I give Charlotte real food every day and am happy that she is learning to eat grown up food so early. I figure by the holidays she should be able to have pretty much what everyone else is having. Those Waybuloo's look so funny, but I can see the appeal to kids.

Kel: I kind of do a combination of BLW and traditional weaning. For meat (I've only done this to chicken) I do slightly puree it. I do a combination of cooked sweet potatoes, apples, and chicken and I pulse it in the food processor a bit so that it still has texture, but shouldn't be difficult for her to eat. I've also given her tiny bits of fish to eat with no problem and DH gave her ham even though it is way too salty for her. We've also tried ground beef, but she gags on that. One step at a time.

Hive: Happy Birthday!

Charlotte had a good old time with the sitter on Friday and I really enjoyed my evening out. The weather has turned nice here so Charlotte and I get to spend more time outside. I need to pull out my Halloween decor and get to decorating the front lawn. Most of the neighbors have already done theirs and they have gone all out. I can only imagine how the neighborhood will look during the Christmas holiday if this is what they do for Halloween. Thankfully we all have small yards.

HC - A Very Happy Birthday to you :flower: Hope Ronan is over his cold and back to his usual happy self.

RWhite - Cudos from me as well for breastfeeding 6 months! You did wonderful! I am sure you know what is best for you and Lachlan and he will continue to thrive.

Cocoa - I never understood why doctors refuse to take the tonsils out when someone is suffering with reoccuring infections. My little niece comes down with it several times a year and they won't do it either! I remember it was a big fuss about my tonsils too, in the end I was an emergency case as they were open and bleeding. Maybe try a different doctor?

We have been doing a combination of BLW and TW as well. So far I have not given him any meat. He had pancakes on the weekend and loved it. Had some stuck on the roof of his mouth as well, but it just resolved after a while. One thing I have been wondering, when you give your LO's meat is it a separate portion without and spices at all?

Attachments

• IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 5
Here a few more pictures. Tried his Halloween costume on this weekend - can't wait. Then one after breakfast and one where he is sitting by the window watching cars drive by - he loves that!

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 7
  • breakfast.jpg
    breakfast.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 7
  • halloween.jpg
    halloween.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 8
jul - Those are some cute pics. I'm hoping to get Gabriel into his Halloween costume tonight for a few pictures. I wanted to wait until his nose stopped running first. We give Gabriel the meat with the spices and everything. He loves spices. Chicken curry was one of the first things he tried.
vegas - That's nice about your neighborhood being really into Halloween. For some reason, my house only get maybe 1 or 2 trick-or-treaters showing up. Last year we didn't get any. They must go to a different neighborhood. :shrug: It's sad because if we actually had them coming, we'd totally decorate, but there's not much point when nobody is going to come by.

Very cute pics Julchen!

GL - something else I forgot to say - whilst M usually spits out bits that are too big, I found a huge lump of pear skin in her nappy the other day, so some of it still goes down!

Lyn - I know you said you de-seed the tomatoes before giving them to EJ, is there a reason for it? I gave M kiwi yesterday and she had LOADS of the black pips in her nappy this morning and I wondered if I was supposed to de-seed it?

Vegas - glad you enjoyed your night off!

Jul: Such cute photos! Adorable costume. I give Charlotte meat with spices unless it was like last night, blackened fish, and I didn't think she would tolerate the heat well so I just scraped off the seasoning and she did fine.

Seity: Happy 7 months to Gabriel. We used to only get a few kids at our old house and there are so many kids in this neighborhood that it is a big change. This neighborhood where we live now is a little too Stepford for my taste, but we are just renting so we will play along while we live here. Can't wait to see Gabriel in his costume.

Seity- Happy 7 months Gabriel!
Vegas- I am also loving the weather right now! I took Connor for a long walk after work today.
Julchen- Cute pics!
rwhite- You did a great job getting to 6 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->