march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Seity, I had to grin a bit about your comment of Gabriel banging his head. Sam does the same. He will crawl straight into anything, leading to him almost constantly having some sort of scratches or slight bruises on his head.

GL, hang in there! I am sure it is just a phase. Is she maybe teething as well?

cocoa yes the recipe would be lovely thanks
Ej is really enjoying his raost dinner by the look of it lol i wish Nate ate his that well lol.

had a pretty relaxed day other than doing loads and loads of laundry all day lol i might have to run to the laudromat tomorrow to get stuff dry as there just isnt space to hang it all out and i have nappys to do tomorrow

These cookies are amazing - they go all soft and chewy in the middle. Mmmmm

300g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
170g unsalted butter (melted & slightly cooled)
215g light brown sugar
120g White sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
300g choc chips (or whatever you're using I suppose)

Sift together the flour, bicarb & salt. Set aside.
Stir together butter, brown sugar, white sugar & vanilla.
Add egg & then egg yolk to butter & sugar mix. Beat well.
Stir in the dry ingredients.
Fold in the choc chips (looks a lot, but it's fine!)
Cover with clingfilm and leave in fridge until firm (around 30 mins). You can also leave dough in fridge for up to 5 days and make cookies as and when you want them. Can possibly freeze dough too - never done it though!
Preheat oven to 190
Put 2 inch rounds of dough on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper. I usually get a tsp and chop a small lump off the dough, then work into a ball between my palms and then flatten slightly. A bit like a hockey puck. Don't put them too close together because they spread. 6-8 is best, depending on the size of your baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 mins. Timing is key - you want to get them out when the edges start to turn golden, this will make them crunchy on the edges and chewy in the middle.

This makes A LOT of cookies! Can't remember how many exactly - over 20 though. I usually cook one or two batches in the oven, pull them out when ready, slide greaseproof paper & cookies on to the work top, put a new piece of paper on the tray and add another batch to cook while the first lot cool.

Hope that all makes sense!

I made choc chip cookies a couple of weeks ago from my mums recipe (which is pretty similar to yours). SHe never mentioned how far apart to put them and they spread a lot and all touched each other so in the end they came out square shaped :dohh:. Delicious though!

Whoo, been a long week or so. It is midterm exam time so I've been pretty busy studying and doing homework.

Mika is well, a bit cranky today but ok otherwise. We had a bit of excitement here today, in the form of a 5.1 magnitude earthquake that was centered about 6 miles from my town. (Nothing like what you guys got though Andi!). It was quite a novelty because Oklahoma simply doesn't have earthquakes much higher than about a 2.0. Will update more on Mika and read more about how everyone else is doing when I get done studying...my textbooks make good pillows though!

Good luck with the studying and exams bNk!

jul - I think I need to get Gabriel a crash helmet :rofl:

He's definitely hit the babbling stage finally. "Bababa" all the time now. Yay!
It's finally hockey season! :happydance: My first game is Saturday. I'm going to be so sore on Sunday, but it'll be worth it to be able to play again. I hated missing last year.
Only down side is hockey season = winter and that means all those middle of the night feeds are chilly! :cold:

BnK-crazy news about the earthquake!

Now I want to eat cho chip cookies!!!

Things have been ok here, Wren is doing weel, still crying but I think it is still a little better so I am trying to stay positive. We miseed our first swimming lesson this week as Wren had a runny nose so I thiought it best to not take her.

We are going to Canada next Friday...I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! We havent been back in over 1.5yrs and most of oru families havent met Wren, it is going to be so great!! I plan to do a load of shopping as you can hardly get any cool stuff here!

Soudns like quite a few babies are crawling, that is so great, Wern is trying but gets frustrated really quickly and gives up...sounds lot like me....poor miss!

Seity, I am also glad it is hockey season! I don't play but love to watch! We are hoping to get the chance to see the Canucks play while are in Canada as a friend has tickets, hopefully it will work out, it would be soo awesome!

MM - That's super. Way to go Ella!
Em - I hope you get to see the Canucks play. That would be a lot of fun.

I'm so proud of Gabriel. I've been doing a few of the simple baby signs with him since about 5 months and this week I noticed he was opening and closing his fist while I was feeding him, suddenly the other day it occurred to me that it might be the milk sign. So, tonight I gave him his bedtime bottle and near the end he pushed it away mostly asleep and I did my usual, burp him on my shoulder and try to put him down in the crib. As soon as he lay down he started to cry. So, I pick him up and he lets out a big belch and then wiggles sideways and starts doing the milk sign. I gave him the tiny bit left in the bottle and then let him breast feed until he was satisfied and he went right off to sleep. I guess I'm proud of both of us - Him for learning how to sign milk, and me for figuring it out and giving him what he wanted.

BnK - An earthquake is definitely exciting, to say the least! I'm glad it was nothing serious for you, though. Good luck with exams. That's the one part of school I've never missed!

Emskins - I hope the flight and trip goes well. It's hard when you are away from family for so long.

Seity - That's great with the signing. Such a clever little boy!

MM - Congrats! Like there was any doubt she'd win, though. ;)

Well, 8 months here today! :shock: We're now 2/3 of the way to his first birthday. Not much new here except his 2nd bottom tooth is through now and it seems like he's working on his top 2. This kid doesn't do things in half measures! I can see them bulging beneath the surface and it looks like his left one is a little closer to popping through than the other. I hope that it happens quickly because he's been a miserable crank today. My poor monkey.

bnk- 5s are pretty good earthquakes! We had a couple of 5s this week!!! One wen i was in my car. was scary!!!

Go Ella! :dance:

And yay for Gabriel! :dance: M gets excited when I sign milk, but I'm not sure if it's because she understands what it means, or if it's just because mummy is making a funny hand movement :haha:

Emskins - enjoy your trip. It will be so nice for all your family to meet (and spoil) Wren

BNK - hope there wasnt too much damage done in the earthquake x

Happy 8 months Ronan!

M is MEGA snotty, we've hardly slept at all for two days, even with her sleeping on her side and resting her head on my arm to elevate it, she just can't breathe, the poor little sausage!

hey ladies :flower:
i havent had time to catch up, just thought i would upload some piccies n a quick update :)
i am now a married woman :yippee: and jesse looked adorable altho anything that could go wrong did :( i hadnt tried my dress on since 1 month PP (i even allowed for a fair bit of weight loss ) n as soon as i put it on it fell straight off! long story short, i sewed it to my bra :haha: lol.
here r some piccies, will update asap

jesse with my mum
https://i55.tinypic.com/1zgf5oi.jpg

me getting out of the mustang
https://i55.tinypic.com/no69eh.jpg

me and jonno at the ceremony ( he cried his eyes out from the moment he saw me, which made me cry the whole time) poor thing couldnt even finish his vows he was crying that much
https://i55.tinypic.com/iml05k.jpg

with the bridal party with the cake
https://i52.tinypic.com/2gvopzb.jpg

cake!
https://i56.tinypic.com/fdzgb6.jpg

jesse again lol
https://i52.tinypic.com/wuji11.jpg

oh and julchen - im sure u have heard this a million times ! but ive just gone thru it so ill say it now lol,
u r going to stress LOTS, get really worried n probably break down soon lol but no matter what it will work out. and cherish every moment even the stress full ones because the day goes sooooo quickly! one minute im waking up, the next im in my dress n the next im at the reception saying goodbye to people, its really upsetting how quick it goes, im still upset by it lol
good luck !!!!!! i really hope all goes well for u !

very pretty photos

well done Ella in the comp

BnK ,ooo0o two sides of the earth are shaking, glad your ok

thanks for the recipe didnt end up using it in the end ,

Nate has nappy rash and EJ is cranky and ended up co-sleeping and feeding all night long so i didnt get the rest i needed and had a fight with DH last night to top it off,

we have to move again :(:cry: and i cant deal with it, basicly the agents noticed we didnt move out when DH's cousins got back and sussed us and the landlord wants an extra £200 each month, and we cant afford that so we have to find somewhere to live for free as we can barely cover bills , i dont know what to do and its gotten dam awkward living here in the meantime

Oh Lyn - that sounds awful. Have you been on to the council to see what they can do as a last resort? I hope you find something quickly. I was going to say is there anything in the tenancy agreement that says your cousin can't have other people living there, but I suppose the landlord will just kick you all out if you cause a fuss?

yeah theres something in the contract that means caus we are here for so long its like they are subletting even though we arent paying anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->