march lambs 2010 come on ladies

im thinking it could have just be OV cramps caus i used to get them quite bad but could be implantation cramps too, ahh well not got much to do but wait

have had DH drop hints at the OH of my friend with the big house but we havnet heard back from them so just waiting, going to the babyshow tomorrow anyway so excited about that

Lynn - have fun at the baby show! I was thinking of going but then forgot about it so its not gonna happen now. Say hi to all the fluffy bum ladies for me :) oh and I hope your period comes if thats what you want hun :hugs:

Jul - Its nice that you'll spend good time with your gradparents. Mine all died years ago, I wish I still had a granny, I really loved my granny. I just so want Flora to have a nice relationship with her grandparents as its a really special relationship, totally diffferent to child and parent.

Vegas - not sure what time we're in Hong Kong but hopefully it'll be OK. As long as we can sit comfortably thats fine. Yes I've given Flora pears and apples, but she is funny she only like certain types and not others. We've been getting 'conference' pears and some kind of apples in our organic box but she doesn't like them because the texture is too powdery/griitty. I've just bought a bag of sweet pears which I'll cook up tomorrow.

Cocoa - I think you asked earlier - yes she is still on ranitidine for her reflux but I'm weaning it down a bit. However this evening she was sick again and the thing I've noticed is lately she's sick in a different way i.e. properly retching rather than just puking up a bit of excess when burping after a feed. So I'm wondering if maybe she still needs the medication sa it was for a bit longer. I might put it back up a bit tomorrow see what happens.

We went to play center this morning. "babies can play". it was pretty cute. We did some sing alongs and stuff.

We have my friend's wedding tomorrow morning so fingers crossed the weather stays nice!! It's inside but still!!

:flower:

MM - hope the weather is nice for you at the wedding.

GL - poor Flora! Must be horrible to see her retch.

Lyn - I hope you get the outcome you want. 3 under 3 (or would Nate be 4?) can't be fun. My friend's friend is the same age as me (26) and has got 4 kids under age 5. Crazy woman!

My news - received an email from my boss yesterday saying that my organisation needs to make 80 redundancies by the end of the year - which is nearly 20% of the workforce. They are supposed to let us know at the beginning of November if our jobs are at risk. If they are, we'd get priority on other NHS jobs in the area, but I'm not sure how that would work for me, presumably I'd have to return to work earlier than planned if a suitable job comes up.

Also, I think M has started waving 'bye', but I'm not sure if it's too early? Does anyone else's LO do it? When she's excited she flaps both arms up and down, but over the past few days we've noticed that she just flaps one arm up and down when someone says goodbye or night and waves at her. It's very cute anyway!

Cocoa- That is so cute. She might be actual waving, u never know!!! :D

GL- I hope Flora feels better soon :hugs: It's not nice when babies are sick, especially retching like that!!

Lynn- have fun at the baby show! If you were pregnant how would you feel about it? I hope you get the outcome u want :)

x

Cocoa - Sorry to hear about your work, is that good news or bad hun? Maybe it would be nice to get a little redundancy package and then stay at home? Could you afford that? I have just found out that they have agreed my part-time hours which is good. But in all honesty if they made me redundant, as long as the money was OK, I wouldn't be too unhappy about it.

That's cute that M is waving. They pick stuff up real quick don't they? Flora is suddenly holding her arms out to be picked up all the time. She flaps her arms too and bangs things. she also pulls my hair loads when i'm bfing :dohh:

MM - sweet new profile pic! I'm going to change mine soon I have some really cute ones of Flora. Hope the wedding goes well and nice weather of course.

GL- It's so cute when they hold their arms out ay! Ella's been doing that abit!

x

MM - lovely new pic!
I want to change mine but can't incase the people I know recognise the pic :dohh:

GL - It wouldn't necessarily be disasterous. I'd get 5 months pay, which I could probably stretch to last me a year, but I'm not sure if they base the 5 months pay on your salary at the time of redundancy, or on the average of what you earnt in the last X amount of weeks/months etc (like they do for pensions and maternity). If they do it the second way - I'll be stuffed because I'm on statutory MA at the moment, and moving to unpaid maternity soon, so my redundancy package could be based on me earning £0! Which is very worrying! I can't find anything online about how they work it out.
I might pop on to the work board here and see if any HR gurus know.

GL: We are on Skype all the time with my parents and even one of my grandparents. Sam just loves it. I doubt he understands what is going on, but when they blow him kisses he always smiles for them. So cute!! At least they can see him that way. I would not know what to do without this technology, it sure makes it easier having moved half around the world from your family.

Cocoa: Good luck in finding some information!! Hopefully they calculate it based on your normal income before you went on mat leave.

Question for you ladies: My OH seems to think a 7 months old baby should be sleeping through. Last night I had to get up at 10pm, 11pm, 2.30pm and 4pm before he got at 6pm. While I think that is too much I am not sure what to do on how to reduce it. I can't just let him cry, I have to go and see if and what he needs. Most of the time he is easy to resettle. A quick feed or cuddle and he is fine. Yet I still have to get up. Getting a bit worried here on how relaxing our vacation will be, we'll be all in one room for one week. Bedtime works great! I thought, since he learned to put himself to sleep at bedtime he would eventually figure it out over night as well. Does not seem like it - yet anyway. What do you girls think?

Ps. That was a rather bad night. Good nights are getting up around 2-3 times, more 3 then 2.

M is quite often like that. I dint even count the times I do a dummy run before I go bed. But if I did count those, then I probably go in once or twice before 10, then between 1-3 times during the night. I tried letting her whinge or cry for a few minutes, but it didn't make any difference, just stressed us all out.

So no suggestions I'm afraid. M has her good nights (last night it was two feeds - 1am & 5:30am) and her bad nights (like I think tonight will be, she screamed for the whole hour before bed for no reason at all) *sigh*

Cocoa - I hope HR can help you figure out the job stuff. That must be so frustrating for you, wondering what's going to happen.
jul - We Skype with my OH's parents too. My parents don't have internet access, so they have to miss out on seeing Gabriel. Luckily they'll get to finally meet him when we're out in California for Thanksgiving. As for sleep, I heard that some babies don't sleep through until 2 years old and that's still considered normal. Not good news for those of us that have to wake often. Gabriel has been going to sleep around 8 and waking at 10:30, 1:30, 4:30 and then up for the day at 6. Although some nights he only wakes at 11 and 2:30. Last night was super fantastic though because he only woke once at 2:30. He's only done the waking once at night 3, maybe 4, times at most. It's sad that a 5 hour block of sleep is bliss.
lynn - Have fun at the baby show. We had unprotected sex the day after my period stopped because I figure that should be a safe time to do it. I'd cry if I ended up pregnant again though.
Gabriel had his second flu shot this morning, so we're all set for flu season. He didn't even notice the shot. I overheard one of the other parents waiting with an older child say, "See, no need to be nervous. That baby didn't even cry." Tonight the local Science Museum is having a Halloween event, so we get to dress up in our costumes and check that out. I'll have to make sure my OH takes a picture.

MM i dont know how id feel tbh, id be due early july which considering they will want to induce me 2wks early would be right on Nates 3rd birthday,
it would well mess up my sisters wedding though lol i got a strict warning from her not to be pregnant at her wedding lol, would make my plans to babywear EJ during the trip over there interesting too lol.

went to the babyshow and it was fantastic i loved it could have spent thousands had i had the money lol got a cute Pic of EJ in the "face of the show 2011" competition which was awesome will have to figure out how to scan it in and upload it for you

Cocoa- I hope you find the information you are looking for. i can imagine how scary it must be not knowing!!

Julchen- To be honest I think it is completely normal for sam to be waking up that much. each baby is different. Some babies might sleep through from the beginning and others might not until they are 2 years old! just keep doing what you are doing for now it sounds like you are doing a great job. Atleast he is easy to resettle when he wakes up!!

Ella wakes up any time between 11 and 5 and she just comes to bed with us and has a feed. After i will either put her back in bed or she will just sleep with us- depending on if i have fallen asleep or not lol. The cot is right next to our bed so if she is whinging I have to get her up otherwise she will wake OH up, even though he says it doesnt bother him i still want him to get a good sleep for work.

Seity
- Way to go gabriel! What a champ at having his shots! have fun at the halloween party. Sounds like fun can't wait to see pictures :dance:

Lynn- Why would they have to induce you 2 weeks early hun?

I have skype too but i don't really know many pple that use it so i havn't really gone there yet. If any of you ladies would be keen for a wee skype date with the babies i would be keen!!!

it was my friend's wedding today. it was so beautiful. i cried a few times. My gorgeous friend getting married :cloud9:
And guess who caught the boquet!!! :happydance: The weather was perfect too!!!
Big day for Ella so she is now in bed for the night. i somehow ended up with a bottle of chardonnay from the wedding so just contemplating having a glass or 2... :winkwink:

Where is Mummydee!?!?!?!? Havn't heard from her in awhile!!!

x

MM - I don't think Dee comes on here that much anymore - busy with the kids and her Uni work. Ate you friends with her on FB? She updates on Roman on there sometimes, but she's been quiet on there recently too so I assume she's mega busy.

I Skype my dad in Oz too. He's just started a new job and does odd hours (drives a coach from the airport) so it's harder to catch him now. Plus, I've had to move my Mac upstairs as it was on a table which was really easy for M to pull over once she's more mobile, so it's out of the way now.

Well I *think* I found the answer to my problem - a government website said that redundancy is paid based on the amount stated in your contract in the week you are informed of redundancy. Which I presume means it will be based on my current salary (even though my contract is about 3 pay rises out of date...)
I'll probably contact HR and ask for a definite answer if I hear that my job is at risk. Until then I'll just have to save every penny I have!

Cocoa - I hope you sort it out hun. I might be worth asking for your contract to be updated now otherwise you lose out. Your employer should be keeping your contract up to date anyway.

MM - yay for catching the bouquet! Sounds like it was a fun day, post some pics if you have them.

Jul - Hmm I agree with the others, some babies just wake up a llot I think. However, if you were willing to do some kind of controlled crying, I've heard that it can actually work. I don't know how you feel about that, I haven't done it myself, but I would consider trying it in a few months if Flora is sleeping really badly (she's actually sleeping quite well at the moment :)). Its not the same as CIO but I guess its still a last resort. I can understand your hubby's POV its only natural when basically everyone you know asks if they are sleeping through yet. Its like the bloody holy grail and I personally think there's too much of an obsession with STTN but it would still be nice to get a good nights sleep.

I am scared to say that Flora has been sleeping quite well, feeding only once, sometimes twice in the night. It will probably jinx me now!

I do skype as well, to my parents and my brothers, also to OHs mum who lives in France. I'm actually going to try my brother now...

There is rugby on the telly this morning and Flora is just mesmerised by it!

There are a few ads on TV that Ella loves! Sometimes I have to turn the tv off while i'm feeding her so she isn't distracted :dohh: :haha:

id have to be induced early caus the boys were so big hun once you go over 10lbs 10 they induce other babies so they dont get so big

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->