march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Ah GL, that sounds awful. I never even thought about babies getting piles. Bless her.

Anna - ahh how clever is Noah pulling himself up!

Rosy - So far we've only bought Chase one present, its a little ball pool, he went in one at the playcentre and loved it. Hubby has convinced me we're not going to go mad this Christmas, tempting as its his first one but he really won't know and he's going to get spoilt by family and will get more than he needs. We'll probably just get him another couple little toys.

08marhcbean - ahh i love them Smart Trikes, i wanted to get Chase one but we've decided to get it for his birthday instead.

CocoaOne - my mum's bought Chase the hungry caterpillar :thumbup: it arrived the other day and she though the caterpillar would fit through the holes in the book but it doesn't its far too big :haha: does yours hun?

Seity - wow Garbriel likes an early start, glad you managed a little nap before work though.

GL - ha ha yes i meant she's bought him a baby laptop, bet he still prefers ours though. Ahh poor Flora she must be in pain. Here is the bit from my book hun i'll copy it as it is, maybe it will help :shrug:

1. Resting Hands - Begin by taking a few deep breaths to relax, rest your hands on baby's tummy.

2. Water Wheel - Do six times with each hand, Stroke with alternating hands from ribcage to legs.

3. Kees up - Knees together and push them gently into tummy. Hold for a slow count of 6. Use touch relaxation getnly bouncing legs.

4. Sun and Moon - One hand draws a clockwise full circle. The other draws a partial clockwise circle (from approximately 10 to 5 on a clock).

5. Knees Up - Knees together and push them gently into tummy. Hold for a slow count of 6. Use touch relaxation getnly bouncing legs.

It says to repeat these series of strokes three times, 2-3 times a day for at least 2 weeks and that it should take about 10 minutes.

Well since Chase was sick last week he's done it a few times more, but just out the blue, he'll have eaten just be sat there then be sick, twice today he's done it and the last time was projectile, not sure whats causing it?

Ahh one of the playgroups we go to is having a Christmas Party on the 21st December and its my day off work so i'm going to take Chase, can't wait even though he won't know what it is.

Right off to feed the monkey and hopefully get him in to bed early for a change as he's knackered.

Thanks JJ hun I'll give that a try! And I like the baby laptop idea but I'm sure Flora would prefer the real thing too.

Re vomiting, I've noticed that Flora when she's straining to poo really hard (sorry everyone its all about poo at the mo!), she sometimes does a sudden vomit quite a big one, either just after she's strained or a little bit after she's finished pooing. This has happened quite a lot rcently. She's not upset by it but I have noticed that it is more voluminous than usual. So I think that the straining must be putting pressure on her tummy somewhere. Don't know if its that but maybe watch and see if its connected to his bowel movements? Is he distressed at all?

Cocoa- I know, it sux! I think its pretty rare for babies. Anyway the doc was nice and said it wasn't very big at all and once the stools soften up regularly it'll just shrink back. He gave us some more lactulose and also a glycerin suppository to put up her bum :blush:.

Rosy - forgot to say, not bought anything yet except tickets to Australia! We can't take too much with us anyway so I'm sort of hoping her granparents and uncles will spoil her. We might get her a couple of bits just so we can still have a small tree and put something under it.

We've just had dinner at SILs house as MIL is over from France, god they are really 'special' women! very full-on company. I actually tried to call it off because F has been not herself and a bit poorly this week but they weren't having it. So she slept there for a bit then got her up to get in the car, I drove home in the pissing rain (and hated every minute of it), and just put her back to bed, oh and she's in our room because my cousin is staying for a couple of days. So she's well and truly mucked up now routine-wise, I hope I'm not in for a sleepless night :coffee:

:hi:

GL- I hope flora feels better soon. And hemmoroids- O gawsh i can't even begin to imagine. poor wee girl :hugs: I hope you don't have a sleepless night!!!

Seity- woohoo for a sleep in! Always great when that happens huh.

Lynn- Have a good weekend hun.

Anna- Noah's a clever wee boy isn't he! :happydance:

jj- We have a little ball pool for Ella too. But we are putting it away for her 1st birthday. She already has enough for xmas :haha:

Rosy- We have a my little pony towel, a playschool walk and ride ($60 but OH got it for $5 from work coz it has a broken box) It snaps down so she can ride it like a wee car, Or it locks up so she can just push it. Some bath toys that OH also got cheap from work. Also a newborn surprise cabbage patch doll. I might get some bigger clothes for her too.

Was close to taking Ella to the hospital the other night. She has been snuffly for days, then she started spewing up everything (she doesn't normally sick), and really grumpy, clingy and her temp went to 39 degrees! Lucky striping her off and pamol did the trick she seems better now. She is still snuffly, and has momenets of crying (which she hardly ever does) and she is dribbling like anything. i think she might be teething. not quite sure.

We have within a few days made progress of moving! She is now up on her knees with her bum in the air going backwards. She can army crawl fowards but only if she REALLY wants something coz it is very hard work for her.

We have a xmas tree! It's black! (i like to be different lol) It's outside at the mo, we need to clear a space inside for it and decorate it. need to get Ella a xmas stocking too.

So it's 7.30 sat night, i have one baby in bed, and an OH playing a video game. I think I'm getting a cold. Booo.

I hope everyone's having a lovely day :D

x

JJ - chiseled party sounds fun!

GL - lol @ 'special women'!

MM - same here, M can now get up on her knees and rock backwards and forwards, and she went backwards a tiny bit yesterday. But she gets frustrated, collapses, and then has a tantrum - kicking her legs up and down! Hasn't mastered commando crawling yet though.
She's also started throwing a wobbler when we take things off her, like the remote control. And her sleeping has been really bad last coupleof nights, keep thinking it's teething , but still no sign of teeth!

And it's her 7 month birthday today :thumbup:

Happy 7 months M!

Ella has army crawled about 3 times. She had to struggle so so hard it was painful to watch lol. Then she would give up and look for something else to get. Thats so cute about M throwing a wobbly! El hasn't done anything like that yet I bet it was so funny :haha:

Cocoa - Happy 7 months to M! Your description of her attempts to move is EXACTLY what Flora does. She looks like she's just days away from actually going somewhere. She doesn't like having things taken off her either but is luckily distracted by something else given to her e.g. junk mail which I'm happy for her to destroy.

MM - Scary about Ella, glad she's better now. Take care of yourself I hope your cold doesn't get worse. And yay for a black xmas tree! I remember once my mum got a bunch of dry branches and twigs from some tree, bundled them together in a nice shape and painted it white and that was our xmas tree. We just never got the good bushy green ones in Oz it was too hot.

I got a decent sleep in the end, she had a short feed when we got home but she didn't really need it, just to get her back off to sleep really. We reminisced with australian music on spotify for a couple of hours then bed at 11:30. I think she woke about 12 for a feed and after that didn't wake until 6:30. So actually a good night :thumbup:. She seems in better sorts today and did a softer poo as well this morning although she didn't nap very well.

We've asked my cousin to babysit for a couple of hours tnoight so we can go and have a drink with some friends who also have the night off from their 2 little boys. Looking forward to that.

Afternoon ladies!! Adam has learnt in the past two days how clap hands and how to pull himself to standing in his cot!!! It's just scary how quick they learn things!!!x

So many new ladies on here. Super exciting! Welcome to you all.

GL: Sorry Flora is having tummy troubles. Hope all the extra fruit helps. Have fun on your night out.

08March: Charlotte eats 2 meals of solids a day plus 3 full bottles of 6oz each. She also gets 4oz with her first meal so that is 22oz of formula daily. Of course my girl has never said no to any food. Not sure how much formula they should be drinking daily, but as long as she is growing and healthy you are probably fine.

JJ: I bought Charlotte a baby remote control, but she is not fooled and wants the real thing. Too funny.

Cocoa: Happy 7 months to M. Hope you see a tooth soon.

Cormack: Hooray for Adam! It is scary how quickly they learn. Our babies are growing up so fast.

OK, so I think Charlotte may be having a bit of an allergic reaction to something she ate. She has a rash, that looks like a burn, on her lady parts and is also a little red around her bum. Not sure what I need to do. I am only giving her foods that I know she is OK with and nothing else until this clears up. I'm putting various creams on it, but nothing seems to be helping. Anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you do? I'm thinking about posting this in the baby section to see if anyone has any advice, but maybe I am just overreacting.

Woah, I somehow unsubscribed from the thread, wondered why it was so quiet and then realized that there were a billion pages to catch up on and lots of new March Mummies so hi and welcome to you all! :wave:

I wish I had time to post to all of you but the monkey is sick with a cold :( and I've been spending the whole day either keeping him occupied and not too grizzly while wiping his snotty nose and then trying to get him to take mini naps between snacking because he's not interested in much food and can't nurse well...needless to say I'm shattered!

Random things I can remember on the awards thing:

Cocoa's labour was definitely shorter than mine (6 1/2 hours start to finish). I was the first of the 300 odd ladies due March 2nd though (DM2 was the last!), and one of the first to give birth (but not the first).

I think Ronan had the most conehead of all coneheads if there's an award for that! 1 1/2 hours of pushing with his head stuck at a weird angle didn't give the poor sod a chance! :haha:

His feet are 3.5ish too although I usually put him in 4's so he has wiggle room and so they're not tight across the bridge.

---------

Other than him being sick, things are going well. He's crawling and cruising and trying to climb everywhere and on everything. The poor dog can't escape, although to be fair half the time he doesn't even try.

He's eating well (BLW), although we've noticed that he definitely enjoys the social aspects of dining and gets very involved and eats a lot more than usual when he has an audience when we eat out or have guests/family for dinner. :rolleyes:

Oh, he's loving swimming! He's such a water baby. He actually started doggy paddling a few weeks ago kicking his little legs and paddling with his arms for all he's worth. It's so cute. Obviously I still have to keep my hand under his belly and he doesn't actually get anywhere without my help, but not for lack of trying!

We have 4 teeth (got the bottom 2, then top 2 all in 11 days), and I am pretty sure he's teething again. His crib rails are totally chewed up. I hadn't even noticed until recently but they're destroyed. It's ironic that I have a lab (which are very mouthy dogs and like to chew) who has never once chewed on a piece of furniture, yet my baby boy does!

Alright, I need to spend a little time in zombie zone out mode so that's enough from me, I think. I'll try to keep up now that I've resubscribed to the thread.

So many new ladies on here. Super exciting! Welcome to you all.

GL: Sorry Flora is having tummy troubles. Hope all the extra fruit helps. Have fun on your night out.

08March: Charlotte eats 2 meals of solids a day plus 3 full bottles of 6oz each. She also gets 4oz with her first meal so that is 22oz of formula daily. Of course my girl has never said no to any food. Not sure how much formula they should be drinking daily, but as long as she is growing and healthy you are probably fine.

JJ: I bought Charlotte a baby remote control, but she is not fooled and wants the real thing. Too funny.

Cocoa: Happy 7 months to M. Hope you see a tooth soon.

Cormack: Hooray for Adam! It is scary how quickly they learn. Our babies are growing up so fast.

OK, so I think Charlotte may be having a bit of an allergic reaction to something she ate. She has a rash, that looks like a burn, on her lady parts and is also a little red around her bum. Not sure what I need to do. I am only giving her foods that I know she is OK with and nothing else until this clears up. I'm putting various creams on it, but nothing seems to be helping. Anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you do? I'm thinking about posting this in the baby section to see if anyone has any advice, but maybe I am just overreacting.

I think if you formula feed it's @20oz a day until age 1 when it drops to 16oz of milk/equivalent dairy.

As for the rash, are you sure it's not teething related? The body creates more histamines when they're teething which makes poop and saliva more acidic than normal, which is why they're more susceptible to dribble and nappy rash. Are you giving her nappy free time to let things air out?

...and lastly before I really do go into zombie mode, Ronan's not fooled by fake remotes either. Hubby gave him an old x-box remote with the batteries taken out for him to play with. He does play with it, but of course he still wants to get his hands on the very expensive universal remote!

ooh, quick question.
to anyone who is FF how much is your LO taking? Paige is having 3 meals a day and snacks now and im really stuggeling to get her to take her bottles. She has probably 2 a day of 6oz but never finishes all of it. Do ou think this is Ok or should she be having more? I have just started her on follow on milk to see if she takes anymore of that,
Noah struggled to take his bottles after starting weaning too. Its been better since moving onto follow on though so hopefully it will be for you too! He has around 5 bottles in 24 hours (7oz) but doesnt finish all of them. So not sure how much a day :p

Noah crawled today! :happydance: so exciting! its all happening now :D xx

Anna- :happydance: for Noah. He is hitting a lot big milestones all at once!
Hivechild- I hope Ronan gets better soon!
08March- Connor is one three solid meals a day. He has three 5 oz bottles a day plus 1-2 breastfeeds a day.

I always jinx myself. After telling you all what a great sleeper Connor is, he decides to mix up by making 4:30am his new up for the day time! :coffee:

Vegas - has she had strawberries, tomatoes or citrus foods recently?

Hive - poor Ronan. I hope he gets better soon x

Anna - go Noah!

Kel - Urgh that's not good! I hope he reverts back x

Hive: Sorry Ronan has a cold. Hope he is better soon. Congrats on all the teeth. Charlotte's problem could be due to teething, but I am tired of blaming everything on teeth.

Anna: Hooray to Noah on crawling.

Kel: I try not to brag about the sleep for the same reason. It's too good to risk jinxing. Hopefully Conner will go back to his regular sleep schedule in the very near future.

Cocoa: Yesterday we were out to lunch with the in-laws and we gave her all sorts of food including some tomato soup. I think I gave her a bit of tomato two days before that too. She's had tomatoes before, but not as much. I think maybe I got too comfortable feeding her whatever and now maybe she is paying the price. But then again it could be teething. I really hope it is teething because she is 8.5 months old and toothless.

So my in-laws are in town. They are here to watch the LO while DH and I get away for our anniversary. We were planning on going away, but something came up and we can't leave town. Instead we have decided to go to Disney for the next two days. Even though we live in Orlando (since February) I have never been to Disney. And we are still staying at a hotel one night. I'm actually very excited. Also, I am relieved that I will only be 30 minutes away from home in case Charlotte needs me (like if that rash gets worse). So I will be away from BnB for the next few days. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Vegas- Exciting about your wee holiday! Enjoy yourself!

We are about to head off for a bbq, will have a wee read up later xx

Anna- that is soo cool about Noah crawling, i bet you are so super proud of him :dance:

HC- Sorry Ronan has a cold. i hope he gets better soon. that is so funny about him chewing his crib :haha: I can't wait to take Ella swimming. i have togs all ready for her :)

We had a nice afternoon at the bbq. Ella played with her little cousin it was so cute. You guys talking about romotes and controllers that baby loves- well my baby loves cables! Toys for miles but its the cables she wants most. little toad :rofl:

x

Cormack - forgot to say - well done Adam!

Vegas - have a great time at Disney and happy anniversary! I didn't appreciate Disney as much as I should have when I went as I don't like the rides - weakest stomach in the world! I always end up being the official bag holder :haha:

M slept awfully last night again. Not sure what's up with her - I keep saying teeth, but there's still no sign. She's started being funny with food too, she doesn't pay that much interest but will suck along on something, and then she'll act like something has shocked or hurt her and she'll start crying. We had proper tears yesterday. And then she's not interested in eating anymore (unless I really distract her for ages). Maybe teeth, maybe she's not liking the sensation of swallowing food anymore? :shrug:

CormacksGirl- What a clever boy! :dance: It's so cool seeing them learn new things aye!

Cocoa- Ella goes through phases like that too, I'm thinking maybe teeth, coz they can go up and down for awhile too.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->