march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Wow, still can't believe we have babies pulling up and walking!

HC-What a cute pic with the spaghetti! I need to get some bibs like that...would spare us a lot of laundry I'm sure!

Rosy-hope Lachlan is less of a grump today! Enjoy your book, I love smutty stuff, lol!

Erised-I'm insanely ready for number 2, but need to wait a while before TTC so that I will be able to take maternity leave.

I know I have missed some ladies, but I have to get to work soon! This past weekend has been rough...it was either homework that needed doing or a client emergency, I didn't get a lot of time off. We did manage to make it to the theater and see Megamind, which was really cute!

Mika has in the past week learned to sit up from lying down, and is using that new skill to move...he will sit up, lay forward, turn around, sit up again, and then repeat the process so he kind of rolls around the floor in an odd, topsy turvy way. He also perfected drinking from a straw so we got him a straw cup and he loves it! He has never liked sippy cups, so it was a godsend! Speaking of which, how are you handling the transition to a cup? When do you plan on fully leaving the bottle? As well as he's doing with it, ,I'm tempted to start a very slow transition away from the bottle now, is it too early?

Cocoa-I think he is pretty much set on a 2 nap schedule now, one at about 11 am and one at about 3, although the time change has thrown him off a tad.

Ok, gotta run feed the stinkbug before we leave for daycare/work!

HC - Love the pics. That is a super cute monkey costume.
MM - I combo feed, but I've only had one period. I expect they'll be very irregular since I still BF part time. Way to go Ella on the crawling. It's amazing how quickly they improve.
rwhite - Wow, more teeth! I haven't had the chance to read in forever. I sometimes manage to sneak one chapter in, but I hate reading books that way.
Erised - I don't want any more at all. One is more than enough. I honestly can't comprehend why anyone would want to go through all this again. I must value my sleep too much :rofl: Good thing I'm in the minority or our species would die off. :thumbup:
bNk - Congrats to Mika for finding his own way of getting around. That's good news about using a straw too. Very cool. I only use a sippy cup for water when I'm offering him food. I have no idea when I'll stop using bottles at this point. Perhaps when he starts to show a preference for the sippy cup?

CocoaOne - Nap times for us are roughly the following:

6.30pm to 6.30am - Night time sleep (not in one go, unfortunately)
10am to 10.30am - First nap of the day
12.30pm-ish she'll go for a walk with the dog and MIL, she sometimes falls asleep for half an hour
3pm- ish - Nap time, usually for around an hour. She can wake up after about half an hour and be in a very pissy mood still, so will go down for another nap after about 15 minutes.

Depending on whether or not she had a nap during the walk she can need another nap around 2pm ish (half an hour), which pushes her 3pm nap to around 4.

As for the bottle, we only managed to get Eleanor to take one last week! Lmao
She's been badly constipated so fed her prune juice, but had to keep an eye on how much she was getting. She is no good with a sippy cup and a normal cup goes absolutely everywhere - so we had to get her used to the bottle. Something I would rather have avoided, but her taking the prune juice and not being in as much pain was more important. For now, we're keeping it

I got AF back at 7 months and still EBF (well alongside solids of course!) and have had it twice so far. Bleah! They've not been as bad as they were before I got pregnant though (so far, painless vs. doubled over in agony for a day -- sorry Lynn, my sympathies!), so I guess I shouldn't complain.

I have no desire for another one yet here, either. I'm happy with our family as it is for now.

Cocoa - Naps are all over the place at the moment with him being sick and along with the clocks going back, but he usually naps 3 times a day anywhere between 30-90 odd minutes at a stretch. It's completely random so I can never predict it, and we're sort of in that transition stage toward 2 naps a day, depending on when he gets up for the day and how long his naps are throughout the day. It's all over the place! Some days he naps an hour and a half total all day, and other days it's 3+ hours a day. He's definitely stretching out his awake times between naps now though.

BnK - It's funny how inventive they get figuring out how to get around until they learn the next 'step' isn't it?

As for the bibs, they're from Ikea in packs of 2 and are super cheap. :thumbup: I only bought the one pack but I'm going to get a few more so I don't have to keep rinsing and hanging them out to dry after every meal and can just toss them in the wash.

I started reading regularly again a few months ago. I have a Kindle so it's easy to sneak a bit of reading here and there and it's nice to have anything you feel like reading right there when you want it.

We haven't done bottles in forever since the monkey decided they were dead to him. I only give water out of cups but he'll drink fine from a doidy cup, 9+ month Tommee Tippee sippy cup, and a straw cup. Luckily he likes water, too!

There is always so much to check up on!
I combine feed, and got AF back at 3 months. It has pretty much gone back to its normal 28 day cycle.
I want another baby, but we aren't ready for another one yet. We will probably start trying when Connor is closer to 2. Saying that we aren't really doing anything to prevent it. I told my DH he can't be mad at me if I get pregnant again. :dohh:

Cocoa- Connor usually has three naps a day. An 1-1.5 hours in the morning, 1-1.5 hours in the afternoon, and a 30 minute nap in the early evening.
Bnk- My plan is to start weaning Connor off bottles at 1. He takes water from his sippy cup very well, but have never tried to give him EBM or formula from it.

im going to start trying EJ with a cup gonna try for an open top one with handles first as thats what Nate is using and i would have to buy new teats for the sippy cups we have if EJ had to use them he has pretty good control when he plays with a cup so we will see.

Nate has been really poorly today with a high temp and i dont know whats wrong but he sounds croaky too and ive got a mildly sore throat so thinking that might be whats bugging him too, EJ has been really getting around today hes pretty fast even though hes not actually crawling lol, he woke about an hour ago and went back to sleep again and im hoping that we can get away with him going back to sleep himself if he wakes again i really want him to get out of the habit of feeding in the night i dont mind really if we go back to 2 hourly daytime feeds if it means i get a whole nights sleep

M has got a cold. Again. I thought BF was supposed to help with this kind of thing? Grrr. Her temp is 38 and she's all phlegmy and croaky

Oh - and she had an ok night seeing as she's poorly - bed at 7, resettled a couple of times about 8:30 but didn't wake up for feeding until 2:30 - and she'd done a huge poo! She hasn't poo'd in the night since she was about 8 weeks. Very weird.

Thanks for letting me know about your naps - M had gone down to 2 - 10-11:30 then 3-4, but the naps have shortened so it's more like 10-11 then 2-3, so she's shattered by bedtime at 7, but there's not enough time for a cat nap unless I move her bed time much later, but then she wakes up much later.

EJ only gets 2 naps a day if hes lucky normally it ends up as just one nap a day now which is 2-3 hours long lol its easier for me if they have their naps at the same time in the early afternoon caus i can get other stuff done in that time. i have a wash load to do thats been soaking in napisan, mostly bibs and muslins etc... some clothes though hehe the joys of having boys lol

Hi everyone. Just checking in quickly as I am still entertaining the in-laws. DH and I are back from Disney. We had a great time as the weather was perfect and there were almost no lines (that will never happen again).

Charlotte seemed to do well with her grandparents. When we came home she just sat there and smiled at us for the longest time. So cute. The time change has confused Charlotte and she is now getting up a good hour earlier than normal. I tried putting her to bed later last night and even that didn't work. This totally screws up her daytime schedule too so I am hoping things will return to normal soon. Her rash has cleared up, but still no teeth. Lots of chewing on stuff and drooling as usual.

Gabriel usually takes two 1 hour naps on a good day. Yesterday he took two 1.5 hour naps, but then he was up every 2 hours last night to eat. Please tell me this is a growth spurt?
vegas - We're going to California for Thanksgiving, so a 3 hour time change. I expect Gabriel is going to be very confused. We still don't have any teeth either.

Flora has 3 naps, around 9:30, 12:30 and 3:30. They are mostly about 30-40 minutes each but can be as short as 20, and more often lately one of them (morning or lunchtime usually) will be about and hour and a bit. I guess she won't drop a nap until one of them becomes sufficiently longer in duration.

Vegas, glad you had a nice time, no lines and good weather what a result!
Seity - grr, how annoying hope it is another growth spurt. I think there's a 9 month one isn't there?

Re cups, I'm trying Fora on a sippy cup, which works OK sometimes, a doidy cup, not a huge succes yet, and a regular cup, same as doidy cup. I might try straws as well.

Re periods, haven't had one yet but I'm on the mini pill. I always had low key periods when on the (combined) pill, (which I was on for about 9 years) but when I came off the pill I remembered from my teenage years how heavy and painful they could be. I will be switching to the regular pill again when I stop BFing (whenever that is) as I dont want to TTC for no 2 until Flora's probably 2, so around March 2012.

I've just been to meet a local childminder, about taking Fliora Tuesdays and Wednesdays when I go back to work. Seemed really nice and very professional, but only the first one I've met. However I may end up going with her as she is very close to the tube station so it would be perfect, and I felt that Flora would be safe and happy there (she had 12 locks on the door and also a CCTV). The thought of leaving Flora with someone else is daunting whoever it is, just gotta be done.

OMG just found out my brother's girlfriend is pregnant! I didn't know he was quite ready for it but obviously they were trying, only for a short time and she got pregnant quickly, she also only has 1 ovary so its amazing she got pregnant so quickly. I think he is probably in shock. I'm so over the moon, he is going to be an amazing dad. Its early days though so all finger and toes crossed that it all goes well.

congrats on the news GL praying everything goes well.

im tired today we did our first streetpastors wedsenday last night and i got to bed at 5.15am then up with the boys at 7.15 after trying to wake DH when his alarm went off at 6am

How are you all tonight?

i have had an EXTREMELY bad day it's been so much I couldn't handle it :( I won't bore you all with a big long story, but i spose it would be nice to get it out. It did involve me punching the cd rack though oops. Dan had Ella for the afternoon so I could go and see a friend. i just needed some time out. It was a huge dispute with my sister and mum, and now me and Dan arn't speaking right now, coz I just took it out on him. he is sitting on the couch and we are just silent joes :( lol. I hope you guys have had a better day!!!

Lynn- Is Nate feeling better?

Cocoa- I hope m gets better soon :hugs: A high temperature isnt nice, Ella had one of 39 last week. lucky it came down after some pamol.

GL- congrats on your niece/nephew-to-be!! :dance: Will this be your first neice or nephew?
It will be scary leaving flora at first, escpecially with a stranger, but it will get easier! that's what people tell me anyway, i'm not looking foward to it :(

Ella has about 2 naps a day. We get up about 9.30, she will have a nap about 11-12, and then again at about 3-4. Then bed again about 7.30. Today she was on the floor on her tummy and she was grizzling so I quickly went to wash my hands and when i came back the poor wee girl was asleep on the floor :haha:

:flower:

x

GL - fab news!! Is he in Oz? It's so nice for them to have cousins. We don't see my niece too often, even though she lives 4 mins walk away in my house! We should make more of an effort.
In other good news - sending you a parcel today :thumbup: Just finishing it now while M sleeps.

Lyn - I don't know how you do it!

We had a bad night with M. Poor little soul! Oh - but she took an Oz of milk from her sippy cup yesterday after dinner (all I'd hand expressed as I was a bit full). So hopefully she'll be able to take an expressed feed soon and I won't have to worry so much about interviews/work meetings etc

lol im coping on under 2 hours sleep somehow lol , Nate is better no temp but still cranky as heck , EJ is doing well though he was a little charmer not needing feeding from 7.45 last night till 7.15 this morning it proved to me that he can do it i just have to figure out how to get him to do it while im here

Cocoa- when do you go back to work?

I'm pretty sure I'm not going back hun. Supposed to be going back mid-April, but it looks like I'll be made redundant and my first day of unemployment will be 1st April. We'll be ok money-wise for a while, and whilst it would be nice to have to time off with M, I don't want to be out of work too long. So I'll probably start looking for new jobs in Feb/March.

It's a PITA though - I can't put M's name sown for nursery because I've got no idea if or when I'll need her to start, how many hours, which days or which town etc. MIL said she's happy to have her if I'm stuck for a few weeks though. She did offer to have her one or two days a week, but the in-laws holiday quite a lot, so it would be a nightmare trying to sort out care for M while they are away, easier to just have her in childcare the whole time.

Hi girls - remember me???!!!

Sorry I have been away so long, I've seriously been soo pushed for time. I manage to pop on and off facebook on my phone, but thats about it. For those that dont know, I'm studying for a degree, helping with my hubbys business, and of course have my two little monkeys so every moment seems to be accounted for!

I've skimmed the last few pages and everyone and your babies are all doing so well!

A quick update on us, Roman is 7 months old now and absolutely gorgeous (if I do say so myself!). He has a lovely temperament, is always smiley and giggly unless his teeth are giving him jip. No teeth yet (but Olivia didnt get hers til she was 11 months so not expecting them anytime soon!). He last weighed 19lbs 12oz 3 weeks ago and is 71cms long! He has rolled over twice, and he can mostly sit up by himself but thats as far as it goes - I dont mind though, keeps him as a baby a lot longer!!! Olivia didnt crawl til 11 months and walk til 16 months, so I reckon I have plenty of time! Anyway, here's a couple of pics for you:

https://i54.tinypic.com/6z61de.jpg

https://i56.tinypic.com/9iv8kx.jpg

https://i54.tinypic.com/14v6a8z.jpg

awww hes doing so well hun and totally adorable to boot, ive been following you on facebook lol.
Well i have Nate in bed and just giving EJ a bottle ( caus i havent slept my milk supply is lower than normal tonight i'll pump before i go to bed later ) before putting him to bed then gonna have my krispy kreme and popcorn and then go to bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->