march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Mummydee - welcome back! hun he's so gorgeous, glad your enjoying him.

MM - No, my other brother (younger than the one I mentioned) has a 5-year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl, and I also have a younger brother who probably wont have kids for a few more years as he's only 27 and doing a PhD right now. SO I can imagine in 5 or 10 years we'll be a pretty big extended family! I have about 20 cousins myself, its totally mad going home and seeing everyone, I love it.

Lynn - hope Nate feels better, you should get an early night!

Cocoa - :happydance: woohoo so excited! Thanks hun you're a star xxx
ETA yes they're all in oz :cry:

lol i should probably turn in soon im just wired atm , why do i have to be a night person??

mummydee - Roman sounds like he's doing great and he's very cute! I love the picture of Olivia with him. It is precious.
GL - Congrats on the future extended family member.
lynn - Go to sleep! lol - I'm a night person as well. Having to get up early every day has been one of the hardest adjustments for me.

Gabriel pulled himself up to his feet using the coffee table for the first time today. He'd been pulling himself up to his knees, but this was the first time he went up to his feet. I'm glad I was home to see it. It's funny that he'll pull himself to stand, but has never sat himself up. I figure it's because he wants to be moving all the time and has no use for sitting.

GL: Congrats to your brother and his GF.

MM: Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. Hope everything has improved. Big hugs to you.

MDee: So good to see you on here. I was wondering what you and the kids were up to just the other day. Roman is adorable and Olivia is such a pretty little girl. You must be so proud of them.

Lynn: Hope you get some sleep.

Seity: Way to go, Gabriel! Standing already, what a smart little boy.

The in-laws left today. Hoping Charlotte will return to her routine now that they are gone (though she loved all the extra attention). As I mentioned she is getting up an hour earlier and although it isn't terrible I like to use that hour for extra sleep and breakfast for me. Oh well. I'm sure her routine will continue to go to crap since we leave next Thursday for our super long Thanksgiving road trip. Now that she is mobile she really dislikes being in the car, so even though we are breaking up the trip we will still have five days of six hours a day in the car. Despite the concerns about the travel I think she is really going to enjoy the trip since she will get to meet her four little cousins, two of which are within three months of her. She has never been around other babies and I can't wait to see her reaction.

Lynn-sorry you had a rough day with LO, hope you get/got some rest (idk what time it is there, lol)

mummydee-roman is so precious! Love the picture of him and Olivia!

GL-ooh, exciting! congrats on the neice/nephew...

vegasbaby-hope Charlotte handles the car ride well! Mika has started getting pretty fussy when he is in the car for long periods of time too.

Seity-soo cool that he's pulling up to stand now...Mika doesn't really seem interested...

We had an eventful day, Mika got his first haircut as his hair was really getting out of hand, it had to be combed out several times a day to avoid tangles. We then all went Christmas shopping, got Mika a little toy hammer to bang on things, a shape sorting toy, and an activity table...was going to get him a toy steering wheel thingy, but he saw it and wouldn't let it go, so it became a "today toy" and he played with it the rest of the day!

And now I'm off to make something up for a presentation for my abuse and neglect class. And maybe even a nap at some point, lol.

it was 3.30am when you posted that, and i wasnt sleeping i was feeding EJ caus when DH got home he woke both the boys up and his solution to the problem of them going back to sleep was to give EJ to me ( we talked yesterday about him taking EJ in the nights and keeping him away from me so he doesnt expect feeding when he doesnt need it in the nights so i am suitably unimpressed that DH's "tiredness" ment he took the lazy way out and sacrificed my sleep ) Nathaniel is stilll cranky getting over his bug and EJ's got the buy now so is not being easy to care for. i dont even get the weekend off as i have training on Sat and have to take EJ with me and then its EJ's dedication ( our churches version of a christening ) on Sunday so got to play hostess all day

heres a quick video of my vlever girl :cloud9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y62QEjhuUw

Lynn-my OH tends to do that at night too...because he's tired when he comes home from work...lol, I think he forgets that I work too. Hope both boys are feeling better soon so you can get a break!

MM-I just saw that vid on FB, so cute!

I only thought I was going to sleep after I posted last night, I went to check on Mika and he sat up and started crying, then couldn't go back to sleep because his nose was so stuffed up, so we got up and used the nose sucker and then he wanted snuggles, so I was up until about 2. Seems fine this morning, if a bit snotty...hopefully he's not getting sick.

And now he's making a beeline for daddy's computer, so I'm off to rescue it from him and get ready to go meet a client...I hope today is a short one, its supposed to be my day off, lol.

Cocoa - I got some extremely wonderful post today, THANK YOU!!!! :happydance: :yipee: :wohoo:

I haven't had a chance to try it yet we've had a really busy today and its DHs 40th birthday party tomorrow so we're getting the house ready for a big partay! But I will probably try it tomorrow and try get some pics.

Thanks hun. Can you PM me your address so I can send you a little thank you xxx

Woo! So glad you like it! The fabric you chose works really well with it - would love to see pics x

Happy 40th to your OH for tomorrow too!

Will PM you now x

MM - Cute vid. I love how babies always make a beeline for the rubber duckies!

M is still poorly - snot pouring out of her, chesty wheezy cough, not sleeping, only having tiny amounts of milk about 5 times in 24 hours. Finally took a good feed andrhwn projectile vomited it all back up :-(
Her temperature is only a little bit raised, so I'm not too worried, but it's so horrible to see her suffering (plus I've had about 7 hours sleep in the last 48 hours)

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend x

hey ladies-we are back!

We arrived back home this afternoon after our long journey home and 3 weeks of fun with family and friends.

I shopped like a crazy lady and brought soo much stuff home, sadly I even had to leave some struff behind as I had over shopped...oops! Luckily my MIL will be here for Wren's 1st birthday so I have asked her to bring some bits that won't fit Wren until the summer!

I have a feeling we are in for a rough night with the jet lag, I am soo exhausted but Wren is not.

Too much has happened for me to catch up on but I hope everyone is well. Wren has been teething loads the last 2 days so I hope to see a first tooth soon, she is also starting to sit a bit better, still no crawling...c'mon bubba!!

We also got a load of wedding things sorted, it was soo much fun!

gotta dash......

Hi ladies. I hope every one is well.
I've had a rather rough few days. Had family crap with my sisters, I had the carseat falling off the chair onto the floor almost hitting Ella which left me feeling rotten and then she fell off the bed again this morning :cry: The last time she rolled and fell off but she was on the edge side. So ofcourse i felt like the worst mum in the entire world and this morning I had her on the wall side of me. There is also a full length window on the wallside of the bed and now that she is crawling she crawled over there and I know she likes looking out the window behind the curtains so she mustve been doing that and her hands mustve slipt and she dove headfirst between the bed and the wall,window. It made the largest crash bang :cry: I had to pull her up by her feet. I have never heard her scream so loudly :cry: Then i gave her some boobie and she fell asleep. i didnt want her sleeping straight away, but I just watched her the whole time. i feel so awful words can't describe :cry: i think i'm still in abit of shock. I AM NEVER SLEEPING WITH ELLA NEXT TO ME AGAIN! Now that she is moving that is the end of co sleeping :cry: I truely feel traumatised. it couldve gone soo wrong :( I feel like i'm such a bad mum. :(

I am so excited that Ella is crawling (army) but now I am nervous coz I don't want to turn my back for a second :(

Sorry guys just had to tell someone. Thanks for listening xx

Oh MM - don't worry! These things happen, they have to learn somehow!

M is doing that thing where they sit forward really far with out leg stretched out the back and one underneath, then she rocks forward to get on her belly. But she keeps diving head first into things! Her toy box, the TV stand, the floor.....

I think co-sleeping has to end once they start exploring round the bed anyway, I can't see how you'd stop them from diving off the edge once they can crawl and climb over you. I'm not looking forward to it ending either :-(

Emskins - glad you had a good time! Feel free to share pics!

M slept a bit better last night, and there's less snot today. It's all on her chest though and she's still being sick if she's fed to soon before a coughing fit. Poor little mite.
I'm worried about my boobs too. M isn't feeding great and only has a little bit before deciding she doesn't want any more. My right boob is getting swollen a lot and I'm worried about mastitis. Trying to hand express to relieve it but I cant always do it. Fingers crossed I don't get it

MM - Oh don't feel bad as cocoa says stuff happens. Flora can't crawl but is obsessed with standing, we've got a musical table thing which she loves but has toppled sideways several times. SHe has banged herself so many times in the last week. Feel free to vent its the best place. Glad she's OK anyway hun :hugs:

M is doing that thing where they sit forward really far with out leg stretched out the back and one underneath, then she rocks forward to get on her belly. But she keeps diving head first into things! Her toy box, the TV stand, the floor.....

EXACTLY what Flora is doing all the time (when not trying to stand).

Em - welcome back, glad you had fun! Hope the jetlag isn't too awful! xx

Here are some pics of my LUSH new carrier courtesy of Cocoa!
IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

MM - :hugs: I only take Gabriel into the bed with me in the morning when he wakes at 6 am for his last feed of the night before we get up for the day and ever since he started crawling I can't even doze because I fear he'll go off the edge. He can crawl right over the top of me and over the other side if I let him.
Cocoa - Gabriel has been knocking his head into everything! I think he managed to smack his head 10 times yesterday while crawling/standing/etc. I hope M feels 100% soon. Stupid colds.
GL (and cocoa) - Beautiful carrier!
Now that he's pulling himself up to stand he's falling a lot further. I swear they need to make Nerf helmets or something for babies for while they're learning these new skills.

Bleah, well just a quick one here. I thought I'd have more time but the monkey is sick and had a mega short (less than 30 minute) nap instead of his usual hour/hour and a half so I've only just had time to catch up!

Anyway, I guess the biggest news here is that he's 9 months old today! :shock: I feel like I have to start thinking about his first birthday now and we haven't even gotten past Christmas. Where did the time go!?

Happy 9 months Ronan!

GL - It looks great (if I do say so myself!) How is Flora finding it? Did your OH have a good birthday/party?

Seity - I'm sure I've seen helmets for babies when they start walking/crawling. But I can't remember if it was on Dragon's Den and they poo-poo'd the idea or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->