march lambs 2010 come on ladies

That is so crazy about hunter walking :dance: I can imagine that u gotta be there all the time at 1st with them not being very stable of their feet. i am nervous about Ella crawling now. Excited, but nervous!

Its funny i just had 2 different organisations here- one from karitane nurse (like a plunket nurse or a health visitor), and then I had the lady from PAFT (parents as first teachers) and one arrived about 5 mins after the other left and the contradictions of what they were telling me were so different to each other. Same things- different advise lol!

Oh how could i forget- Proud mummy moment today! The lady from PAFT said Ella is very advanced intellectually with her talking and stuff for her age. She is very smart :cloud9:

We also get her weighed again next week. She is army crawling so fast she will burn her wee chubby cheeks off at this stage :haha: i have been told to give food 3 times a day (fruit/muesli for brekkie, veges for lunch and then veges again for tea). i was only giving her fruit/muesli for lunch and veges for tea. And to offer it before milk.

Who makes their own baby food? I have been giving her bought stuff, but just made my first lot of homemade veges the other day :dance: A mix of potato, kumera and carrot. Blended up in the rocket blender. What other foods can i puree and mash up (she is good with little chunks. bits of rice, the odd mushy pea she is fine with. And lumpy carrots in the food i made-coz they wernt pureeing nicely). chunks like hard potato she's not so keen on.
Also how can i do meat for her? I am going to head to the supermarket tomorrow and get some more containers and get some apples and pears to blend up. What other fruits can i do? i am sure I have a food sheet here somewhere. i should really find it lol.

:flower:

MM - she did weigh 9.5kg, but is 9kg now 19lb 13oz) And go Ella! It's great when tells you something like that! x

DM2 - I still can't believe how advanced Hunter is - you've probably got a child genius on your hands! Is he quite advanced at talking/noises too?

Quick question girls - do you 'teach' your LO things like clapping? I clap in front of M quite a lot, but not sure if I'm supposed to be clapping her hands for her so she knows what to do? Or do you just wait for them to figure it out themselves?

Vegas - Charlotte's christmas present looks fab, she will have hours of fun with it!

DM2 - wow what a clever little boy you have, he's so advanced!

MM - ahh i hate it when you get contradicting advice you can end up so confused :wacko: we use a mixture of jars and homemade food, i think you can basically puree up anything in a blender hun, we did lasagne last night and used milk to make it thinner as it was too lumpy on its own, Chase isn't too good with lumps.

Cocoa - I always say "clap hands" to Chase and clap my hands at the same time then i clap his hands and say it again, no idea if this is right though? :shrug:

Well i've got this week and next week before i return to work :cry: i feel so horrible on Chase, all i want to do is be with him and to look after him and he's not taking formula or ebm so although i'm trying to drop feeds so my milk will adjust its not really working out. Some days he is fine then others, like today, he is so upset and is just nuzzling into me that i latch him on, how can i not when he is so upset. Really worried about suffering with engorgement when i go back too but hopefully after a few days my milk will adjust.

My freind is looking after Chase tomorrow for an hour or so while i have an doctors appointent, a beauty spot on my leg has changed so the doctor wants to remove it, eekkkk, not sure if she is actually removing it tomorrow or if its just a consultation. Anyway hubby is working so my friend said she would have Chase for me, will be good for him as he's never been left before so it will prepare him a bit for the week after next.

We still have no teeth but the last two nights have been bad due to teething, but after calpol he's gone on to have 4 or 5 hours of sleep so thats been good after a bad start to the night.

Chase has his 8 month check next Thursday, anyone know what they do at this?

DM2 - Gabriel tried to dive off the bed this morning. I caught him before he hit the floor. I guess he hasn't figured gravity out yet.
MM - Yay Ella! Great news on her being verbally advanced :thumbup: We only do two meals a day and I'm happy with that for now. I'm pretty sure you can mash up just about anything. I'm doing BLW, so I just give Gabriel a little of whatever I'm eating, so I don't have to mush up his food.
Cocoa - Not sure if you need to show them clapping or not. I generally clap in front of him and sometimes 'clap' his hands for him too. He loves when I move his arms about, so I do.
Vegas - Enjoy your trip. The airlines make it so I would rather drive than fly. I think after this trip to CA we won't fly again until the TSA gets a clue. That will mean driving down to Alabama to visit the inlaws and taking more time off work, but we'll manage.

Cocoa: So cute that M's first word is cat. Charlotte says dada, but I don't think it is really aimed at her father.

MM: Love your new profile pic. I haven't updated mine since July, so I need to do that. I've been using your same approach to childproofing by putting obstacles in Charlotte's way as opposed to actually moving the dangerous stuff (she always goes for the bottles on the bottom shelf of the bar). I make my own baby food and also give her what we are having too. Even the baby food I make is not necessarily pureed. Sometimes I make a casserole for us, but make sure to cut up everything small, and then freeze portions for her. I am lucky that Charlotte has no issues with textures and will try anything. Also, plums and peaches make great purees and freeze very well.

DM2: Hunter is just advanced. You must be exhausted from chasing after him.

JJ: I know it must be stressful getting ready to go back to work. Just try to enjoy Chase as much as you can before you go back and think about how exciting it will be to see him at the end of each day when you get home from work. You will both do great. Also, good luck with the mole. My doctor always just removed them entirely and would send them off to the lab just to be sure. I find the whole procedure tickles as opposed to hurts.

Seity: Charlotte tries to dive off of everything. I have to keep a constant eye on her. She has no clue that it will hurt if she falls. Flying has become crazy and just too expensive. I know if we take a trip back to Vegas we will fly, but for anything else we will just drive. Of course I may change my tune after this trip.

Started packing for just Charlotte yesterday and it is comical how much stuff she needs. I am sure I am overpacking, but I think I would rather be over-prepared than not. Too bad jumperoo doesn't make a car seat. My parents are counting down the days. Of course the in-laws just saw her, but I'm sure they will be happy to see her again. I just pray that she doesn't decide to cut any teeth while we are away.

OMG just lost a huge reply! How annoying! Sorry if the following replies seem short!

MM - try chicken with sweet potato (kumera) or sweet pumpkin, parnsip or all three. Flora loves it!

Vegas - hope the trip goes well and the drive is OK.

Cocoa - I clap her hands sometimes but she balls up her fists so it doesn't really work. So I just clap in front of her. I also say' kiss' then give her a kiss as I'd like her to learn that one pronto :rofl:

JJ - :hugs: I'm getting nervous about going back to work too. Are you going to pump at work hun? That's what I've been planning to do.

Haven't had Flora weighed in ages but she must be about 7.5 kgs by now. She east really well, and still BFs 4 times a day plus once or twice at night. She takes less milk though, as she is so distractable, and sometimes only has 1 side rather than both. I still have no idea how much milk she's getting/.

We had an awesome party for DHs 40th. Loads of babies and kids for the first half, then loads of adults as well! Flora was asleep in the bedroom down the other end of the house and I was watching the monitor the whole time. Our friends stayed over in her room with their 2 kids :wacko: it was a bit of a madhouse in the morning.

I got some portraits of Flora done for DHs birthday pressie, see what you think.
xxx
_MG_8975.jpg

_MG_8980.jpg

print 2.jpg

GL pics are really gorgeous, Flora looks very happy and relaxed. Glad your oh had a fab birthday and you had fun.

Not really goin to get time to pump at work as I'm only taking a 30 min lunch so I can work 5 days in 4 so going to try and pump before work and at night,though at night unless I wait hours I can hardly pump any. The way it's looking Chase isn't going to drink it anyway,although I'm hoping it may be different when I'm not there.

GL - Gorgeous pics! Flora looks so cute in the second one.

OMG just lost a huge reply! How annoying! Sorry if the following replies seem short!

MM - try chicken with sweet potato (kumera) or sweet pumpkin, parnsip or all three. Flora loves it!

Vegas - hope the trip goes well and the drive is OK.

Cocoa - I clap her hands sometimes but she balls up her fists so it doesn't really work. So I just clap in front of her. I also say' kiss' then give her a kiss as I'd like her to learn that one pronto :rofl:

JJ - :hugs: I'm getting nervous about going back to work too. Are you going to pump at work hun? That's what I've been planning to do.

Haven't had Flora weighed in ages but she must be about 7.5 kgs by now. She east really well, and still BFs 4 times a day plus once or twice at night. She takes less milk though, as she is so distractable, and sometimes only has 1 side rather than both. I still have no idea how much milk she's getting/.

We had an awesome party for DHs 40th. Loads of babies and kids for the first half, then loads of adults as well! Flora was asleep in the bedroom down the other end of the house and I was watching the monitor the whole time. Our friends stayed over in her room with their 2 kids :wacko: it was a bit of a madhouse in the morning.

I got some portraits of Flora done for DHs birthday pressie, see what you think.
xxx
View attachment 137659

View attachment 137660

View attachment 137662

How do I make the chiken? Do i cook it as normal and then just mush it up with the veges? Awesome piccies x

GL- Gorgeous pics! I love the one of the two of you.
Vegas- Have fun of your trip!
Seity- My DH also refuses to fly with the way things are right now. Good thing all our family lives close.
JJ- I pump twice a day at work, and hardly get anything. I'm lucky that he takes bottles of EBM and formula with no problems.
MM- I feed Connor whatever I am having. He does really well with real food so I don't blend anything. During the day he had jars cause its easier for whoever is watching him.
DM2- I can't believe Hunter is walking, I'm still waiting for Connor to crawl.

Connor got his second hair cut today. It is slightly shorter then last time because it grows so quickly.

Attachments

• DSC02564.jpg
    DSC02564.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC02565.jpg
    DSC02565.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 5
Kel - such a cute haircut!

JJ - don't they have to provide you with time to pump? But would it come out of your break time? I know some babies 'cycle' when their mums go back to work - where they hardly have any milk in the day and just feed at night. Sounds like a good idea, but being awake and feeding all night can't be fun once you're back at work.

GL - pics are fab! She looks so happy in front of the camera - M usually frowns!

I've tried clapping M's hands, but like Flora - she balls them up, and tries pulling them away. She HATES me playing with her hands, and screams blue murder when I true to clean them, put her arms in her coat etc.

I want to teach her kissing too - mega cute! I was at booby group yesterday and one of the girls there is 10 months and was going round kissing all the other babies on their heads. M kept looking at her like she was mad :haha:

Oh also - I learnt something interesting.
One of the mums there is doing a course on boys behaviour. She was saying how they were learning the differences between boys and girls, and obviously this is a generalisation, but apparently;
For the first year, pretty much everything the baby does is for survival
From 1-2 years, they are mainly focussed on doing things which make themselves feel good.
From 2-4 years boys and girls split. Girls want to please other people and boys stay wanting to please themselves (and stay that way!) :rofl:

Which is why you'll get girls which will help with the chores, because they want to please you, but boys will create all the mess and throw a massive strop when you ask them to tidy up - they don't want to do it because it doesn't make them happy to tidy.
And apparently that's why you get men that are still mummy's boys - their mum has always cleared up after them because the boy doesn't want to and the mum just wants to please him! A viscous circle! Lol

I found it really interesting, especially as I've got one of those men now. Damn his mother. But I find that I still do the cleaning when he doesn't, to please him :dohh:

Aww thanks she was such a good little poser it was incredible.

Cocoa - that is really interesting about boys and girls! Did she say anything about differences between boys and girls in the first 2 years?

MM - the way I do the chicken is this. I start with a base of onion, celery and carrot (like I would with any soup), just soften it in a pan. Add your chicken, I use thigh but you can use breast. Thigh takes more cooking so brown it off for a while. Then just add chicken stock (homemade with no salt) or just water and the bulk veg e.g. sweet potato or pumpkin, and boil it gently until the potato and chicken are fully cooked. Then blend! If you've added loads of water maybe tip a bit out before blending but you'll need a bit to let it down a bit.

Hope that helps

Kel - Connor has such gorgeous hair!

I have a meeting at work this afternoon so Flora's with daddy today. She's got a bit of a cough and a cold but I reckon she'll be OK. She slept very well last night, one feed at 10:30, after which I fell asleep with her in my arms until 12:30, but then went down until 7am ... she did that a few days back as well. very exciting!

JJ - forgot to say I've got pumping time at work and I'm pretty sure it doesn't come out of my break time. I plan on pumping twice a day at work at around 11 and 2. x

Cocoa - thats so interesting and very true!

Kel - lovely pics, can't believe he's on his second haircut, Chase's first is still a long way off yet :haha:

GL - hope your meeting at work goes well.

Hmm i'll look into what the law is re time for pumping at work. Thing is and i know its stupid but even if there supposed to give me time i know they won't like it and and i'll feel bad for asking for it. We don't even take proper breaks at work, all the secretaries sit in rooms of 2 or 3's together and we all just eat or drink when we want so we don't take actual "breaks" as such apart from our lunch break. Maybe i could get away with just one pumping session at work as when Chase has gone from about 11 to 6 without a feed i've not felt engorged, its more the morning as he seems to feed for a long time at about 10.

Cocoa i really have a feeling Chase will be one of them babies that doesn't have milk in the day and feeds all night :wacko: i can see me making so many mistakes at work due to tiredness.

Another rainy rainy day here. Chase and me had a lie in today until 9.15, i was so shocked when i woke up and it was that time. He woke for a feed at 10.30 and 3.45 and after his 3.45 feed he just stayed in with us.

Andi does she eat finger foods yet caus you could just give her chicken strips either just grilled or pan fried or baked in crumbs or battered , thats how EJ gets his meat lol,

my house has been full of sick people this week so had to make trips to the doctors and ive been to the dentist for an urgent referal ( meaning call in 4 wks if ive not recieved a letter ) man i miss private dental care because of the speed they do things but i cant afford the work i have to have done so will have to wait on the nhs again, not had any luck yet looking for a house but dh isnt stressing so im trying not to either

MM - she did weigh 9.5kg, but is 9kg now 19lb 13oz) And go Ella! It's great when tells you something like that! x

DM2 - I still can't believe how advanced Hunter is - you've probably got a child genius on your hands! Is he quite advanced at talking/noises too?

Quick question girls - do you 'teach' your LO things like clapping? I clap in front of M quite a lot, but not sure if I'm supposed to be clapping her hands for her so she knows what to do? Or do you just wait for them to figure it out themselves?

No I dont think he is advanced on talking/noises. But then again, I have no idea what is average. He hasn't said a first proper word yet but for a week a few months ago he was saying "dadadada" to my husband then he stopped and he has mimicked "hi" a few times. He mostly just babbles and makes funny noises (that even hubby and i cant mimick! :haha:) But as a boy, I dont expect much talking like typical males! :haha: I think he has always been physically advanced (not just mobility) because he smiled big full faced smiles at 9 days and of course, he has 7 teeth (which isnt unheard of but pretty uncommon) and his dexterity has alsways been excellent (had the pincer grip before 5 months and the BLW book says that is a 8-9 month old thing) But I would love to see into that boys brain! The thing with his speech is that when I think he is verging on "talking" because he starts making LOADS of noises, he does another physical milestone then goes kinda quiet while he perfects that :rolleyes: So now that he is pretty good at walking, his noises are coming back in ten fold and are so funny! So maybe, a word soon! But when do most babies say their first proper words? (I dont count mimicking a word but not being able to use it on their own)

As for clapping, I tried to teach hunter for a few minutes one day (the day after he waved i thinK) but then i never did anymore teaching and he just did it on his own one day a few days later(and now he does it ALL the time :haha:) So i wouldnt worry about it, they pick things up over time :)

they dont normally use their first words purposefully till 10+months at least hun and some not till way after that

Kel - His hair looks great. I keep thinking about trimming the longer hair around Gabriel's ears, but he doesn't really need a haircut yet.

Is anyone else's LO waking more often at night again?
I had finally started to get used to the idea of nice long 3-4 hour blocks of sleep at night when he decided to go back to waking every 2 hours to eat. He's been doing it every night for the past week. :dohh:
On the plus side, I don't need to worry about the 3 hour time difference messing up his sleep next week, it's already crap. :wacko:

GL- those pics are lovely :D we are getting some done tomorow, im looking forward to it! although she doesnt usuall smile for people she doesnt know so i hope we get some good ones! any tips on getting bubs to relax?

MM- you must be pleased about ella being advanced, babling is so cute:cloud9:

Kel- he had so much hair, beats my LO hands down!!

well things with paige's constiption are finally looking up. we had a appointment with the paediatric contanence adviser today and have been prescribed movicol peadiatric. its not liscenced for under 2's but we have had somany problems and shes not a happy bunny im willing to ty anything! lets hope it gets things moving for my poor bubs:baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->