march lambs 2010 come on ladies

hello ladies long time no speak:blush: hope every one is well cant belive how much every one has grown how r u all :flower:

That'll be the day MM! :rofl:

Wow Lyn - do the sleep in fertiliser?! Hope you have some luck finding somewhere to stay soon x :hugs:

M has mastered sitting up from being on her tummy! Woo!

This probably means that she'll never crawl as she can just sit up when she flops onto her belly. :haha:

Off to work today for a meeting with HR to discuss this redundancy business. Wish me luck!

Ella still can't do that yet Cocoa. She did a head dive today :(

got the mil over. night all :hi:

x

lol cocoa no they sleep in my bed :coffee: I need to start packing today its my mission to get some stuff packed as moving day is in a week , still got nowhere to go but gonna prepare for being in emergancy accomidation so just having the bare basics with us,

Hi Em! Missed your post.

We're fine (I'm sure you catch most of what happens on fb!)

How are you and your brood? x

Hi mummy_em welcome back, hows little Ella?

Lynn - :hugs: hope you find somewhere to live hun, that's awful that you have to go thru that. What about your OHs family? Where do they live?

Cocoa - how did the meeting go? That's great about M learning to pull herself to sitting, Flora can't do that. I am hovering always waiting for the next milestone but we seem a bit stuck right now. She only seems to like standing but she can't pull herself up or sit herself back down, so she just falls. She can rock on all fours for a while then just flattens on her tummy. And she doesn't like sitting anymore unless she ahs a toy to play with.

On a positive note I was slightly worried about her verbal development a few days ago, well she is suddenly babbling like crazy loads of consonant sounds so that's good. She is over the worst of her cold I think but still really snotty and wheezy.

She is looking kinda chubby but I have no idea what she weighs so I think I'll get her weighed at the monthly weigh-in next wednesday. I can't remember how many weeks she is! Cocoa - how many weeks is M? Flora is nearly a week ahead I think (5 days). but anywya I am guestimating about 7.6 kgs or something along those lines.

Quick personal question... :blush: me and OH dtd the other night and it STILL HURTS. Is this normal? I mean we've only done it a handful of time since Flora was born, mainly because I avoid it because it hurts and therefore I don't enjoy it! I have a serious suspicion that I was sticthed up too tight, and am considering going to the GP about it. Any advice ladies?

Also, another question, Flora is not really taking much bedtime milk recently, like 2-3 oz from a bottle and then I will try to BF but she's just not interested. Last night I fed her at 10:15, 3:30 and 6am, which is more than normal for her. But prior to that she has been sleeping well despite a meagre bedtime drink. Is it because she's had a cold or maybe teething making her less hungry?

GL - M is 33 weeks today.

DTD is still 'uncomfortable'. I have to stop OH if he's going to deep, and I feel a bit tender on the front wall of my vajayjay (where you're G spot is supposed to be). Not sure what it is - maybe cos everything has shifted down a but since having M? It's not nice that you're not enjoying it though, did you get your stitches checked afterwards? All I can suggest is plenty of lube!

Great news that Flora is babbling more! It's so cute isn't it?
Not sure about the bedtime milk. Is she filling up on solids at dinner do you think?

grrrrrrrr i subscribed and asked for email notifications and i havent gotten any! :(

That is all :haha:

Ella had plunket today. She is now 8.92 kg. That's 900 grams shes gained in a week :haha: She is 70cm long and thriving :)

Just made Ella some pumpkin and potato. mashed not pureed :smug: lol.

Ella now claps her hands when we say "clap your hands" and "yay". It makes me feel all squishy inside its so cute hehe. i have been teaching her it for a while now and its payed off :dance:

I have a cute wee video of her doing it I will have to load it up later :)

x

Mum's who feed baby finger food- How do you cope with the choking? I gave Ella a marmite sandwich which plunket told me to do and she choked a few times till she was red in the face and couldn't breath. I panikd now I don't want to give her food anymore :(

here are some piccies i took of Ella today

In her frilly skirt
https://i54.tinypic.com/t4wm8o.jpg
Sitting in her big girls seat :)
https://i54.tinypic.com/2ynj6ev.jpg
https://i51.tinypic.com/2u467wh.jpg
Eating her first marmite sammy (which was NOT a success)
https://i53.tinypic.com/6zo4qu.jpg
Even though she was choking on it she still liked it lol
https://i52.tinypic.com/nychs2.jpg

here is a video of Ella being a clever girl. Excuse the poor quality and my horrible voice :dohh: :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHEk_raifk

:flower:

x

That's so cute!!!

If she was making noises then she was fine - 'just' gagging. If she was properly choking then she'd go blue and be silent as no air could get out of her throat to make a noise. It sounds like she wa gagging - which is HORRIFIC the first few times they do it, but it's just them learning how to move food around their mouths. M used to do it everytime she ate finger foods for a couple of weeks, but she hardly ever does it now (unless she's a bit enthusiastic at sucking something and it goes down to far/fast!)

You could try giving her toast next time as it's less likely to go mushy and stick to the top of her mouth. Try her with a chunk of Pear too - it's a massive hit with M and if it's ripe enough then it just disintegrates in their mouth so no risk of choking. I just cut one into quarters and chop the middle seedy part out. Leave the skin on so she's got something to grip x

thanks hun, i'm abit scared to try new things now. I'm just a bundle of nerves at the moment, she has given me a few frights lately :(

I know, it's horrible!

Read the CPR thread in baby club, and look up what to do if she does choke (which is quite rare) but it will help you feel a bit more confident if it does happen.
But the more solid food you give her, the quicker she'll learn how to deal with it. You just have to sit on your hands and let her explore - and trust in her body, the gagging is her natural response and occasionally she may be sick after gagging, but again, it's just her body knowing what it has to do to prevent choking.

:hugs:

There were 2 instances where she wasnt making any noise and went bright red and she was making gagging movements with her mouth.

bread does stick to the roof of their mouths hun and EJ hates it lol so i tend to give him toast or spread on crackers or something instead,

I need to go on a diet or exersize regieme or both caus i need to seriously reform my body for my sisters wedding in march i need ideas now so that as soon as we have the house thing sorted then i can get going with it, i have no money so the gym is out of the question, hopefully i'll be living close enough to friends to go running with them but not sure on that yet when i have my own kitchen again im gonna make good use of it cooking healthy things and eating properly but we just dont have the room to really store much fresh food here

I got digital scales today. i weigh 25 kg more than what i was b4 i got pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->