march lambs 2010 come on ladies

So jealous of you guys snow!! We hardly ever get snow! i love it. Apart from the slushy muddy part when it melts away lol

We got snow last night :D I was so jealous of all the people down in england on FB reporting snow and then we got some! I was excited for hunter to see snow, he is unimpressed :haha:

yea everyone plastered it all over facebook. are u on my facebook dm2?

lol check out my facebook photos from the last 2 winters , Nate isnt a huge fan of the white stuff himself he will do about 5-10 min outside then want to go inside and snuggle on the sofa

lol well with it not being a sure thing every winter here then yeah i guess hes not used to it the same way as if were up north or in north america. but we still got a fair amount early on this year.
i cant wait to be in NZ for a winter again and go snowboarding again lol i'll have to take lessons off my sister caus its been 6 years now since i was last on the slopes

I've been skiing once with a high school trip. i would like to get on a snowboard at some stage though :) Are you still coming over in March? i can't wait to catch up and meet you and your wee boys :) x

Hi girls, just a quickie on my way to bed (so exhausted)!

Ronan's decided that conquering the stairs was a must the other day (after showing zero interest in climbing them before) and I found him 1/3 of the way up them and heading at frightening speed for the top after turning my back for 30 seconds to grab my tea out of the kitchen! :shock:

Today he also tried dipping his spoon himself before he tossed the spoon aside and attempted to pour as much of what was left in the pot down his gullet as he could. :rolleyes: Then tonight for dinner he wanted to use a fork to eat his dinner but of course he can't stab the food himself, so mummy had to stab while he either ate right off the fork, or then pulled the food off the fork to eat with his hands, but do you think he'd just eat with his hands off his tray!? Noooo!

I think dinner was payback for me making him get dressed up today for our Christmas card photos. :haha:

Here's the final result (family name blurred out because of random weirdos -- not any of you of course!)

Attachments

• christmas_card_2010.jpg
    christmas_card_2010.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 8
Aaaargh!!
Why has she been awake and screaming in her cot since 3.30?!
The boob = instant quiet, but put her down and she's back at full volume. I gave up after an hour and a half of trying to ignore her. DH only lasted 20 minutes before getting up himself.

I gave in after 90 minutes, so now we're all awake (and she's just fine btw) after DH & I only had 2 hours of sleep. *screams*

That's all

Erised- o hun i hope she lets you get some sleep. Does she do this often? x

erised have you tried co-sleeping, it worked so well for usto keep him from screaming in the night lol we are breaking that habit now im trying to feed him and put him back in his bed in the hope that without the mummy cuddle and staying in our bed he will stop waking up in the night to start with

Erised - I've been through the same thing with Ronan over the last few weeks on and off too. He's been cutting teeth and going through a leap/growth spurt so I can never be sure what his problem is but if boobie makes him happy and content then boobie it is. I decided that unless it got drastically worse I am just going to keep up nursing through the night if he needs it to settle and if he hasn't grown out of it on his own by the time he's around one I'll think about doing something about it. I just feel so much more at peace with it now and instead of hours awake he's back down in 20 & I'm back in bed too.

I hope you get to catch up on some sleep & little miss is better for you today & tonight!

omgsh 55 people?? Are they all going to your house?

No! It's work my husband caters for photographic studios and I get roped in as the kitchen hand! It's all done so thank god I'm just left with the tidying up!

Nope, she has never ever done that before. It's a first. She is teething though, so perhaps that's the cause. Guess that being awake downstairs and playing kept her distracted, where as she noticed the pain when laying down upstairs.

We used to co-sleep in the morning, but all she does now is crawl to the end of the bed to pull herself (where she is likely to fall over the edge) and use my head as a drum. We had to give up on that as she's all over the place now, pulling hair, using me as a drum, pulling herself up on the foot and head end of the bed etc. So afraid that isn't an option for us any more, I did try last night =/

At 6am I managed to get her to sleep for 45 minutes, but that's all. She had 1 hour nap today, so really hoping she'll sleep better tonight!

She's becoming a bit of a drama queen. She used to crawl to places she isn't allowed (under the desk) but would be fine if you moved her and gave her some toys. Now she'll cry as soon as you pick her up and won't calm down for a good 5 minutes, no matter what you give her unless it's food. You know she's trying to go back to the cables under the desk as she'll stop crying, then the whole story starts again.

Everything is becoming a bit of a battle, she's very strong willed and has got quite a voice on her when crying. You know the toddler tantrums? She's like that at 8 months!

I came on to have a bit of moan myself, and see that I'm not the only one!
Connor has learned three new things this week... sitting from laying down, pulling up to a stand, and to say mama with intent. While I'm very proud of my sweet baby boy, these three things are making naptime a nightmare. I put him down he pulls himself up and starts screaming mama because he can't get back down. I lay him down and the cycle starts all over again! :dohh: This is exhausting. The only time he napped yesterday was in the car to and from Gymboree. He was so exhausted from not napping all day that he went striaight to sleep last night with no problems :happydance:
Connor and I seem to be having a rough weekend. He spend the night at my moms on Thursday night. On Friday morning when I went to pick him I found that my moms dog bit him on his forehead. Later that day he rolled off his foam mats and hit his head on the tile floor. That night at bathtime he moved when I was washing his hair and I got soap in his eye.
On Saturday night there was a big christmas party at the front of our nieghborhood. It a 10-15 minute walk from our house, but I thought it would be nice to walk down and see the festivities. We spent 30 mintes there and realizd there wasn't much for Connor to do plus it was getting close to bedtime. As we started walking home it started raining hard. It was a long 10 minute walk back in the freezing cold rain. I got Connor inside warmed him up and dressed him for bed. As I was giving him his night time bottle the nipple broke and poured milk all over his face, his cloths, everywhere. So I had to strip him, get in re-dressed bed and make a new bottle all the while he is screaming because he is tired and hungry.
Sorry :flower: I just realized my small moan has become very long!

Ouch Kel, that makes my 1 night of bad Eleanor look like a walk in the park! You really haven't had much luck these last few days, nor has Connor. Hope the new week starting tomorrow will be kinder on the both of you.

How's Connors head doing? How did the dog manage to bite him anyway, I know I would not be impressed in the slightest if I picked up Eleanor to find out something like that. Afraid I'd have a massive go as to why I wasn't called on the minute it happened.

She claims it only happened 10 minutes before I got there, and she knew I was on my way. She said she didn't want to tell me bad news over the phone. She left Connor playing on the the floor to get dressed. She heard cry, and when she got there the dog was growling at Connor, and Connor had a bitemark on his forehead. My mom was crying when I got there because she felt so bad. Besides the big red bite marks he seems fine.

I hope Eleanor's teeth start feeling better soon, and that she sleeps well for you tonight!

:hugs: ladies!

no MM i dont have you on my FB, i only have a few of the march girls. Lynnikins and petra from here and enola and thechaosismex as well (they arent in the thread anymore) I guess I just always added people when i saw we had other interests like cloth nappies or BLW or whatever :) But you can find me on lynnikins FB friends, a pic of hunter in a santa hat :D Just drop me a message to say who you are ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->