march lambs 2010 come on ladies

I think you've used your bad luck quota for the year, and quite possibly half of next year as well, Kel! :shock:

I hope your mum isn't ever going to let the dog be anywhere near Connor again after that? I'm not sure how I'd feel if something like that happened. It's so hard to know whether the dog was just being a jerk or if baby was being rough and not respecting doggy personal space. I say that as someone who deals daily with watching dog and baby together and trying to teach the monkey to be gentle and to leave the dog alone, especially when he's sleeping.

Hi everyone, we're back from vacation! Considering that we traveled 2224 miles and were in the car for approximately 36 hours, Charlotte did great. She was a bit upset on the way home, but considering she was leaving all the fun who can blame her. While on our little trip Charlotte learned to sit up on her own and stand up on her own (I'll post photos later). She got to meet all of her cousins and just had a great time. Of course, now that we are home she is so bored with just her daddy and I. Maybe she needs a brother or sister.....

I'm trying to catch up on the thread, but things look like they have been busy.

Kel: Sorry about all the bad luck with Conner. At least the dog did not hurt him too bad, but how frightening for Conner, you and your mom.

Erised: Eleanor sounds strong willed, just like my girl. I know where my LO gets it, is it the same for you? Hope things ease up for you soon.

kEL- wHAT A BAD FEW DAYS! I WOULDVE BEEN SO UPSET ABOUT THE DOG BITE :( yOUR MUM mustve felt soo bad :hugs: (sorry about the caps).

DM2- i'll go have a look for u- what is your first name? (or initials if u dont want to say it). Who in here is petra? I'm so bad with putting names to user names lol.

Vegas- yay for sitting and standing!!! ella has just learnt to sit up in the last week too. it's so exciting isnt it!!!

x

Hive - clever Ronan! And very cute pics. I've made a Santa hat for M, going to put her in her Christmas jimjams and take a pic for our card to my Dad in Oz.

Erised - I feel your pain. M's been waking every 2 hours - sometimes booby will help, sometimes she just cries for hours :hugs:

Kel - what a bad few days you've had! I hope your luck picks up soon!

Vegas - can't wait to see pics!

Not a lot to report here - we had an inch or two of snow yesterday - tried taking pics of me and M but the camera didn't save them :dohh:
M is still so so close to crawling, but hasn't quite managed it yet. She can still get into plenty of mischief around the room by leaning over, flopping onto her belly, then backing up, and turning to sit at the same time.
Sleeping still a nightmare, but I gave her sone calpol last night as she kept waking and crying, and she slept 4 hours (instead of the usual 2) so maybe her non-existent teeth are playing her up?

Cocoa-It's painful watching them get frustrated when they are so close to crawling huh! ella started really trying to and in the space of almost a week she did it! Now she zooms round comando styles. She gets up in the proper crawling position but still hasnt mastered that one yet :haha:

Yay for a 4 hour sleep! that's awesome!

Not much to report these ways either.
It's been super hot over here.

Oh MM - how exciting! Good luck!

I can't wait until Christmas - M is soooo bored by all her 'baby' toys now and needs something more complex, but there's no point in me buying anything as she'll get so much at Christmas. We spend all our time on the floor trying to entice her to crawl towards us/her toys! :haha:

awww i want snow, we had a tiny sprinkling in london about 7pm last night enough to look like dandruff on the roof of my car

Hey all, just poping in on my lunch hour, so weird being in work, i can't wait to get home and see Chase!!!!

Erised - hope things improve hun and you get a good sleep :hugs:

Kel - ahh hun you sound like you've had a bit of a bad time. Typical not one thing goes wrong but everything :hugs:

Vegas - welcome back :flower: thats great Charlotte did great in the car, that is a heck of a long time. Clever Charlotte sitting up.

MM - Yay for Ella too sitting up!!

Well finally we can feel a tooth :yipee: its taken long enough. He's really been suffering this weekend too his cheek has been bright red. Right 5 mins to finish my lunch.....

Cv
DM2- i'll go have a look for u- what is your first name? (or initials if u dont want to say it). Who in here is petra? I'm so bad with putting names to user names lol.

x
*raises her hand* feel free to add me!

Hive & DM2 (and anyone else who I hvent got on fb!) - pm me with your name and I'll add you. Had a look through Lyn's friends but couldn't find you x

Hive - love the Christmas card!! Soo cute. I need to get ours done.

Work was ok thanks Cocoa, horrid leaving Chase but I was really busy so it went quick. Chase was really good for daddy too. Off tomorrow which is great, going to my friends for lunch. Totally knackered tonight tho bed soon I think :sleep:

MM: Did I miss something? Do you think you are expecting again? If so, that is very exciting!

Cocoa: Can't wait to see the Santa hat you made. I wish we would get snow, but I don't think it ever snows here. Charlotte is bored with her toys too, but like you we are waiting for Santa to give her new toys.

JJ: Congrats on the tooth pushing through. Hope you are enjoying being back at work, I'm sure Chase misses you, but I'm sure he is having a good time too.

Took Charlotte to the doctor's today for her nine month check up. She is 22lb 2oz and 29.5 inches long. Also, the doctor noticed that one of her bottom teeth is about to come through! I am so excited. We've been joking that all Charlotte wants for Christmas is her two front teeth (does anyone else know that song?).

Below are a few photos from the trip. Pretty sure the photo of her in the crib is the first time she has ever stood up (that I know of), the last photo is of Charlotte and all of her cousins. I think I am going to use the photo of her in the leaves for our Christmas card. I would have liked a photo of the whole family, but that didn't happen. Oh, well!

Attachments

• IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 7
VB - I'm glad you all survived the drive! Lovely pics, too. The one with the leaves will make a really nice Christmas card too. I don't know if I could get Ronan to sit still that long in a pile of leaves!

We still haven't had our 9 month checkup. We're going on the 16th next month so I'll be interested to see how much he weighs/how tall he is then. I could always weigh him myself I guess but that would mean standing on the scales myself! :haha:

That's great news that Charlotte's actually got a tooth getting ready to come through, and funnily enough Ronan and I were listening to the two front teeth song earlier today! Ronan is teething like crazy and such a cranky crabby monster. I feel bad for him because obviously it hurts but it's also so exhausting because he's so clingy and unsettled, and his sleep is rubbish too. :wacko:

He's growing like a weed too and just when I think he can't reach something, he goes and proves me wrong. He also stood unassisted today for about 4 seconds before deciding he wanted to sit down to chew on the water bottle he'd just stolen off me. :rolleyes:

We also went and bought a new Christmas tree today. We normally put up a nice big one in the dining room but decided that it would just be disastrous this year so I went and got a little one to sit up out of the way. Now we just have to hope that it's out of the way enough! I put it up along with some other decorations while the monkey was napping and when he woke up, he just sat there for about 15 minutes looking around bewildered at all the sparklies. It was so cute.

I thought i could be then i did another test today and a line came up but it was after 10 minutes so I'm not counting on it.

how is everyones xmas shopping going?

x

MM - how did I miss that?? DO another test and report back!!

Vegas, glad the trip went well, and those photos are so cute. Charlotte has loads of hair! Yay for a tooth, still none here :nope:. She sounds like she's doing really well, I'm going to take Flora to get weighed tomorrow I think as its been a couple of months. We don't have 8 and 9 month checkups really over here, unless I'm wrong?

Hive, sweet xmas card, and a good idea. I should do something like that but I know I'm not going to get time. DH wants to get a xmas tree for Flora despite the fact that we're flying to oz on 23 december. I might convince him to get a small potted one that will hopefully survive until we get back.

Cocoa - Flora is really close to crawling as well, but yet so far! I think by xmas she'll be crawling. Sorry Ms been waking a lot, how is she now? Flora is worse again, feeding 3 times in the night, and waking for cuddles as well. Not sure what the problem is but I hope she snaps out of it soon!

JJ - well its good your day was busy so you didn't miss Chase too much, I bet he was excited to see you at the end of the day. Have a nice lunch today!

So I've just left her with the childminder for the first 'settling in' session, so I'm home without her its very weird. Its only for an hour she probably wont even notice I'm gone, although she wanted me to leave deliberately with Flora watching. She was so distracted by the toys and other kids that she wasn't even looking at me. It's going to be hard leaving her all day but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Anyway, so while I have time I'm supposed to be doing invoices :wacko: cAN SOMEONE PLEASE INVENT A FEW MORE HOURS IN THE DAY?? woops sorry about the caps didn't mean to shout.
:flower:

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 yay we have snow lol and its still coming down 2 1/2 hours after it was supposed to stop lol i love it , i want it to be nice and snowy for when we move into the house so i get good pics lol,

MM ooo0o its exciting test test test lol and yay for ella on the new things

sorry ive been so distracted i wont have much time to come online for the next few days with moving etc... might take a bit to get internet sorted at the new place so i'll miss you all

Lyn, best of luck with the move hun, you must be so excited to get into your new place.

Well Flora was fine with the childminder, apparently didn't cry at all. She had some EBM and did a little puke, but didn't need her dummy at all. She must've tired herself out because she had a nap straight after instead of lunch and is just finishing her lunch now which is late for her.

Its FREEZING today! And we have snow too, but I'm not as much of a fan of the snow as I used to be, especially when it just turns to sludge or ice.

Hive: Good idea with the smaller tree. We are going to get a tree next weekend and I plan on putting a baby gate up to keep her out of the front room so she won't pull it down.

MM: So more testing. I'm pretty much done with Charlotte's gifts, but I still have five nieces and nephews to shop for (all five years and under) not to mention that my hubby picked two angels off the tree at work to buy for. One of the kids he picked wants a Nintendo DS, but that is not going to happen. I feel bad as he is a boy in need, but I just can't spend that much, plus I would need to buy games too. My husband chose poorly. The other angel is a one year old girl, so that should be easy.

GL: Even though I can see the tooth it will probably take a month to come through. I'm sure Flora is having a great time getting to know her sitter. She'll do fine and so will you.

Lynn: Hooray for snow and for the new house!

Charlotte is being a pain today. She is crawling all over the place and keeps going for the dog bowls even though I tell her "no". She does not understand "no" and thinks it is a game. I take her away from the object I don't want her to have and give her one of her toys, but she soon loses interest and goes back to the dog bowl or computer cord or whatever else she should not have. There must be a better way? Suggestions? I think I am going to take her to the park so she will wear herself out and take a nap. I know I could use one!

Ladies! I'm so sorry I've been AWOL lately... I haven't had a free moment to update here and on my journal. I have been reading and keeping up with everyone though.

a little update though... Zander was 9 months last Friday (where has the time gone??) A week ago today he had surgery to bring his testicles down into the scrotum. The left one was in his abdomen near his rib cage still and the right was just above where it should be. You would never even know he had surgery unless you saw his scars cause he is just the happiest baby in the world!

we've had to totally baby proof EVERYTHING cause he's pulling up on anything he can and cruising down everything.

we're all doin well, and I hope yall are too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->