march lambs 2010 come on ladies

sounds like jesse is doing fine then hun,
elliott didnt want to wake last night for his11pm feed i got him to latch 2wice but he fell asleep within min so we put him to bed and he slept till 4 then agian till half 7 which was nice i had given him ebm most of the day yesterday and he was draining 5-7oz eavery 3 hrs,
I was on the go all day though yesterday from his 5am feed when i got up and pumped afterwards i did sneak back to bed for an hour then DH got up and i couldnt sleep so i got up and then realised i needed the car so would have to take him to work so got the boys up into the car took DH to work came home feed the boys breakfast took them to playgroup, brought them home feed them lunch put them up for naps got my lunch and tided the house then got them up fed Elliott went to pick up DH from work then went into central london to the Excel centre so DH could register for and get his runner number for the London Marathon on Sunday , fed EJ ( i had taken my pump and sterlie bottles with me and bottles of expressed milk and had pumped in the car while DH drove lol, then on the way home this is about 8.45pm by this point we stopped off to introduce EJ to some friends since we were passing their place on our way home , got home after 11pm and i attempted to feed EJ he didnt want it so went to be and i was up again at 4 this morning, lol and now its half 8 and i have to get Nathaniel up and give him breakfast while trying to get the wind out of EJ thats causing him to fuss then smile then fuss lol

Wow Lynn i jus't don't know how you do it!!! I konw somedays i struggle to get dressed by midday if Chase is having one of his won't get off me days. Chase has made hubby want a whole brood , though realistically i think we'll prob have 2. He wants to try when Chase is coming up for 1 but the thought of how i'll cope esppecially if breastfeeding. I know your expressing more soomedays but does EJ not have days when you just can't get him off you? Maybe i'm too soft with Chase? but because you can't see how much he has taken i do always just think he must still be hungry.

I actuallly had a good sleep, all be it on the couch! Chase fell asleep on me at 10 p.m. so we put him in his carrycot downstairs with us. I then fell asleep on the couch and hubby left us as he knew how tired i was and Chase didn't wake us until 3 a.m. that's monster for him! he then went back down ay 5 a.m. but only for an hour.

Well i've got hubby until this afternoon then he's off to the races with his mates "wetting the babies head" i'd rather that than a day in the pub for sure, though i'm sure he'll still get drunk, lucky bugger!

Rosy i got Chase a swing and he loves it and falls asleep in it too. He was awful for going to sleep in the afternoon but if i put him in the swing when he is tired he falls asleep and if he's not tired he just watches tv, looks around and babbles to himself, it's brill as it means i can get a bit done as he hated his bouncer chair we got him.

Going to have a mess with my new sling later, hubby has told me to put him in it whilst on the bed in case he falls out :haha:

I'm getting the odd smile from Chase but i want more!! If you get him to smile by say blowing in his neck, then you do it again he won't smile. It's like he'll only smile the first time you do something then after thats it's not funny.

lol well yesterday i had expressed most of his feeds and today i have as well i breastfed him at 4am but hes had bottles since, he seems alot more settled on the bottles i think we will keep it this way and i'll just feed him overnight and in the evenings

Have any of you guys who have used a dummy and are breast-feeding - ever noticed any nipple confusion? I've just fed Flora 3 times in the last 2 hours and she still wants to suck. I am reluctantly using a dummy as they say not to for the first 6 weeks... but it works. I just wondered if nipple confusion with dummies is really a big problem ..?

She could be going through the 3 week growth spurt. But seriously, feeding every half an hour???

sounds like she just wants to suck hun, ivenever noticed nipple confusion from either of the boys and i use bottles too lol i just have boys that will only take one kind of dummy and TT dont make it anymore

Well the dummy settled her to sleep quick smart. But I still feel so uncomfortable about using it. If she was having a growth spurt would I be depriving her by using it? Surely she would spit it out and cry if she wanted food rather than just sucking? And could I be damaging my supply by letting her suck on a dummy rather than me? My nips were just a bit sore and I wanted a break :blush: I should be asking this in the BFing section really...

Im sure she'd realise she wasn't getting any milk pretty quickly and cry x

if she was hungry she wouldnt tolerate a dummy and you wont decrease your supply so long as you feed regularly,

I haven't had Wren weighed since her 1 month appointment and we don't have any scales at home, I love the idea of weighing Mika in supermarket scales..that made me laugh! The Swiss would def think I was crazy and cart me off if I did that!

I think other customers who don't know me think I'm an absolute loon! But ah well, lol.

In sleep news...Mika started sleeping through the night at right before 7 weeks. He did that for a week, and now has started waking up again! :shrug:
I think he realized that Mommy was enjoying the sleep and decided to switch it up. He does typically fall asleep on his own if he is put down awake, occasionally he will grumble a bit and every now and then he will cry for less than 5 minutes and then go to sleep. If we put him down asleep he wakes up instantly and won't stay down!

good on him for sleeping through, he might have hit another growth spurt hun which would e waking him in the night if hes getting hungry

I weighed Mika on the produce scale at the checkout in Walmart yesterday (I work there so they already know I'm crazy) and he weighs 12 lbs!!! That's not an exact number since he doesn't fit on the scale very well anymore and he very well might weigh more, his legs were off the side. That means he has gained 4 pounds in a month! I think he has gained at least another inch though, he's getting sooooo big!

I weighed Connor today and he was 12lbs 6oz. Like Mika he was 8lbs 2oz at birth. My mom says he weighs too much, and I need to feed hiim less or he going to be a fat kid. If I don't feed him he gets really upset. I don't know what to do.
He is too big for his age, should I feed him less? He is such a hungry baby.

I weighed Mika on the produce scale at the checkout in Walmart yesterday (I work there so they already know I'm crazy) and he weighs 12 lbs!!! That's not an exact number since he doesn't fit on the scale very well anymore and he very well might weigh more, his legs were off the side. That means he has gained 4 pounds in a month! I think he has gained at least another inch though, he's getting sooooo big!

I weighed Connor today and he was 12lbs 6oz. Like Mika he was 8lbs 2oz at birth. My mom says he weighs too much, and I need to feed hiim less or he going to be a fat kid. If I don't feed him he gets really upset. I don't know what to do.
He is too big for his age, should I feed him less? He is such a hungry baby.

I would ask his Dr. Mika has times when all he wants to do is eat too. He had a growth spurt at about the same age as your Connor is now where he ate CONSTANTLY for a few days and put on lots of fat, but it looks like he's starting to get longer and better proportioned. Maybe that's what's going on with your LO?

Lynnikins-I hope that's just what it is. He just had a growth spurt right at six weeks though, is it normal for them to have another right after?

OH's aunty works at a place where they make mattress's etc, and she got us a brand new flash inner sprung mattress for the cot. It's very nice! got allegin protecter thingees in it to protect from dust etc too. It's got cute bug patterns on it- almost don't wanna cover it up with blankets lol.
I've been breastfeeding exclusivly rather than feeding her bottled expressed milk (only once at the night feed), so my nipples are kinda raw so am using nipple shields for the time being to take the edge off

kel dont worry you cant over feed a baby, give him what he is asking for he will grow out then up thern out then up its just how thery do it

Lynnikins my midwife was calling Ella EJ the other day lol!

i dont mind people using my nicknames for my kids but not making up their own

I have been using nipple shields on and off since Wren's arrival as I still seem to have sore nipples a lot, I know people say you shouldn't use them but they are a life saver for me! If it means I can still BF her then I don't see the problem! I only use them once or twice a day when I am sore and then usually that has given my nips enough of a rest that I can got a couple of days before I have to use them again. I also usually only have to use a shield on my right breast as it has been sore right from birth.

nipple shields are a great quick fix you are doing the right thing by not using them alll the time as it can affect your milk production xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->