march lambs 2010 come on ladies

jj - Way to go with Chase crawling! Welcome back to the working world. I actually love being at work.
MM - Woohoo for pulling up on things. Gabriel is still a lousy sitter. He just refuses to stay put.
GL - Happy 8 months! :happydance:
vegas - Yay for 1st tooth. We are still waiting on a tooth! Love the photos of Charlotte. She has such a lovely head of hair!
lynn - Good luck with the move.
PH - I had no idea about testicles starting out so high either. I'm glad everything went well with the surgery.
Cocoa - M is not a fat baby! Now, Gabriel, he's a half pint! Still wearing his 0-3 size pants! Such a skinny butt. :rofl: No wonder he can't sit and just topples over onto his face.
HC - Nice xmas card. I'm far too lazy to try and do anything so ambitious as actually send out cards. LOL
Kel - Sorry to read about the dog bite, poor Connor.
I hope I didn't miss anyone, but I probably did.

We came back from CA to a bunch of snow and ice. Really the first good snow of the season. We were lucky enough that our flight came in so late it the storm was over and the roads clear. I'm really glad that our Christmas trip is via car. Gabriel loves his car seat and is so good in it that I'm not worried about the short 5 hour drive.
He's definitely cruising now. Moves himself along the coffee table. I really wish he'd learn how to ease himself down though because as of now he only knows how to fall. I've been trying to teach him how to wave the past week and I think he might actually be doing that as well as finally trying to repeat sounds I make. I've been trying to get him to wave and say "Hi, daddy" and he lifts the one arm open palmed and makes a sound very much like "hi, da", so maybe. :shrug:
We're putting up the tree tomorrow (or maybe tonight depending on how G behaves) and I'm sure both him and the cats will cause trouble.
This cold of his is a pain because it's mucking with his sleep. He wouldn't even let me put him down last night, so I ended up sleeping with him in my arms on the couch in my clothes. I've been co-sleeping with him for the last few days because of him waking sniffling and coughing. It's been the only way for me to get any sleep as well.
He has his 9 month checkup next Thursday, so we'll get to see how much he weighs now. I think he might be just over 16 lbs. Oh yeah, almost forgot, he got to sample so many foods on the trip. He had chicken, ribs, sweet potato, sushi, corn on the cob, spaghetti, pork chops, and pumpkin pie. I may have left something out, but I think the chicken may have been his favorite. His great grandma was feeding him pieces at Thanksgiving while he sat in her lap.

defo moving tomorrow just got to wait for the gas engineer to finish his check then we are meeting with the agent to sign the contract etc...

Seity - sounds like you all had a fab time for thanksgiving. And sounds like it won't be long until Gabriel is walking - how exciting!

Good luck with the move Lyn, I hope you haven't got much ice on the roads x

I think M might be heading into the separation anxiety territory. Lately, she can't sleep without touching/stroking my hair or face. At the start of the night I have to hold her until she's in mega deep sleep before I put her down, otherwise she wakes and I have to start again - bending over the cot with my head next to her is blimmin uncomfortable! We've just been co-sleeping for naps and the rest of the night. She's been ok in the day, just wants me near her a bit more, and the odd cuddle while she's playing.

She's also got a new noise - it sounds like she is saying 'oh lordy lordy lordy lordy lordy lordy' constantly - she's definitely found her tongue!

ETA - she's also started handing her spoon back to me when she wants more yogurt - which is sooo cute!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :flower:

Hi everyone, I am just checking in real quick...were in Mexico (wedding was beautiful), then had my mum from germany here for 2 weeks, then had computer problems. Hoping to get back on later today or tomorrow to post some pictures. I have been reading up a bit and by the sounds of it, everyone is doing pretty good. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Good to hear from you jul and Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!
Cocoa - That's so cute about the spoon. Gabriel just tosses his on the tray, no nearly so cute. I hope the separation anxiety isn't too bad for you. I have to spend a lot of time holding Gabriel these days. I'm hoping I can go back to having him sleep in his own bed once he's over his cold.

:cry: I'm such a bad mom. He crawled off the bed today right onto his face, so now he's got a bruised, red nose on top of having a cold. I thought I had hold of the hole in his sleep sack, but I must have fallen asleep because next thing I know I heard the *thud* as he hit the floor.

Ah you're not a bad mum. The only reason this hasn't happened to me yet is because M doesn't really roll and can't crawl yet!

She's bashed her head on loads of things though, and today I found something odd in her nappy - took me ages to realise it was a rolled up ball of cat hair :sick: OH strokes the cat, then rolls all the hair that comes off into a ball and puts it on his desk, and never takes it to the bin :dohh: So it must have rolled off and M got to it and ate it without me noticing.

Seity - Glad you had a good holiday hun! That pic of Gabriel is so cute. Have fun putting your tree up. Ahh your not a bad mum, these things happen hun :hugs: Chase was messing around before on the floor and he tipped forward too much and fell on his head, i felt guilty for that too but they are going to have bumps, especially whilst they are learning to walk etc.

MM - ooh yeah post a pic of your tree! Can't wait o see Ella's christmas outfit sounds cute. Isn't it scary when they can pull themselves up, Chase has just started doing this too.

Vegas - Yay for Charlotte's first tooth! Chase won't let me in his mouth now he has teeth either.

CocoaOne - How cute she hands the spoon back to you. I still can't trust Chase with the spoon he just rams it too far in his mouth and gags so much, mind you i suppose that's how he will learn not to do that?

Julchen - Ahh so glad the wedding was beautiful, worth all the stress i bet, cannot wait to see some pics x

Phew well i've done my first week back at work and boy am i tired. Been going to bed so early as i'm just shattered!

We have a sleep problem to, when Chase wasn't well the other week he slept with us, well now i can't get him back in his cot! If he is properly asleep its fine but if he wakes up the tinyiest bit when i;m putting him down he goes mental. He starts properly screaming so inevitably he ends up back in our bed :wacko: I'm so worried about how we can get him back into his cot. He doesn't nap in there in the day either he's never been one to nap in his cot or moses basket just cried when we've tried so he naps when we go out (not ideal at all but not sure how to change this) don't suppose anyone has any tips on getting him back in his cot? He used to love it but i guess he's a bit older now and realises how nice our bed is.

Ooh on good news we have a second tooth! He now has his two bottom peggies. He is crawling really well and pulling himself up lots too. When we tried to put him to bed last night he just pulled himself up whilst crying.

Its exciting but wow you can't leave him for a second he is in to everyting and sooo quick. Thinking of getting a playpen for when we are on our own with him and we need to get jobs done.

Hmm we can't decided whether to get a real Christmas tree or not, we want one but i'm worried avout the needles dropping with Chase crawling, what is everyone else getting? x

jj - We already have a fake tree from previous years. We did find a whole pine needle in Gabriel's diaper once. He must have picked it up off the floor and eaten it. My OH was more impressed that it made it through his system intact. :dohh: I also worry that I won't be able to get Gabriel back in his own bed after this cold. So far, I can only get him to do his first block of sleep in there, but he's not over the cold yet, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Seity- Ella has fallen off the bed a couple of times its scary isnt it :( This morning I fell asleep and woke up to ella right at the end of the bed about to facedive off. Lucky i caught her in time :(

Jul- Huge congrats! can't wait to see pics!!!

Lynn- good luck with the move!

jj- We just have a small fake fibre optic xmas tree. Originally $50 in store, but it was a damaged tree coz 2 of the lights are missing (cant even notice) so it was put down to $30. And i got it in the 50% off sale so we got it for $15. :dance: And its up high so thats good Ella cant reach it :)

We had to do an emergancy lowering of the cot last night. I suddenly had a thought- o what if she has figured how to pull herself up. And so i went to check on her and yup she was up on the side :dohh: Had to take her out of bed and lower the cot. She looks so little in the big low cot now lol

She is trying so hard to crawl properly. She gets so frustrated then gives up and just goes army style :haha:

x

Here's Ella climbing up onto her bouncer

https://i53.tinypic.com/2pq4y84.jpg

Here's our wee christmas tree- it changes colour but you cant see it in the piccie

https://i55.tinypic.com/2d2ge3b.jpg

:flower:

M crawls!!

And as I predicted ages ago - it was to get the cat.

So happy :dance:

MM - have you done another test yet? Maybe try another brNd if the line keeps coming up after 10 mins?

JJ - we're not having a tree. We usually have a small tree but M would constantly be pulling it over (it's literally 2 or 3ft) and we haven't anywhere else to put one that's out of her way :-(

Way to go Megan! Cats are great motivators. We have 3, so Gabriel was triply motivated ;)
MM - Cute tree.

I just got done putting our tree up. We'll just have to see how it goes. I took a video of Gabriel pulling himself up to standing and then cruising a bit on our coffee table. It's in my journal if anyone wants to check it out.

Megan crawls!!

And as I predicted ages ago - it was to get the cat.

So happy :dance:

MM - have you done another test yet? Maybe try another brNd if the line keeps coming up after 10 mins?

JJ - we're not having a tree. We usually have a small tree but M would constantly be pulling it over (it's literally 2 or 3ft) and we haven't anywhere else to put one that's out of her way :-(

whats a brNd?

Sorry hun, supposed to say 'brand' but hit the shift key instead of the A!

Yay go Megan! We don't have a cat but I can imagine it would be a good motivator! Flora is so close, yet so far. Within a couple of weeks I reckon.

Jul - Congrats hun, looking forward to the piccys

JJ - go Chase! its all happening the crawling, standing and teeth!

I don't think we're getting a tree now as we wont be here it seems silly. We bought a couple of poinsettias and we'll put some ligths up around the window.

Nothing really new to report. Flora has been well apart from a snotty nose, very bubbly and sweet. I am starting to think about the flight to oz and slightly dreading it. Any tips for long haul flights with a baby gratefully received :flower:

thats awesome about the crawling cocoa. is she army styles or proper styles?

GL - no tips for the flight - i don't envy you one bit! It's a nightmare trying to get M to sit on your lap at the moment. If F is crawling by then, she might like to crawl up the aisle? She's so cute - no one will mind if she gets in the way!

MM - proper style. She hasn't ever army crawled - just used to 'worm' her way forward a bit by laying flat, reaching as far as she could with her arms and wiggling her body whilst pushing a bit with her toes!

She's not crawling everywhere/all the time yet- just short distances. I don't think she's that confident.

Sleeping is slightly better too, although she's still in with us after 1am-ish waking.

Oh, and she's 8 months today too!

Happy 8 months M! :dance:

How do you keep her safe while co-sleeping? I'm too scared to do it now :(

she's never rolled over at night - so she just tends to stay put. That will probably change now that she's more mobile though!

She also sleeps in a sleeping bag, which I assume will make it a bit harder for her to move too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->