march lambs 2010 come on ladies

We're not really having that problem! Lol :haha:

Is too hot even if you get a thinner one - like 1 tog or 0.5 tog (if they make one that thin?)

yea quite hot we have to have her in a singlet sometimes. Although the sleepng bag didnt stop her moving!

MM - lovely pic of Ella! Fab tree I love the fibre optic ones, what a bargain too hun.

CocoaOne - happy 8months to Megan x and yeah for crawling. She'll soon be up to speed

GL - Ahh hope Flora's snotty nose goes away soon. About the flight I remember my friend going away a few times with her babies an she said she gave them calpol an hr before take off to help with ears popping. I'm sure it will be ok Hun maybe take some new toys so she is interested in those for a bit.

Grr well I've just got into work an had a txt from my boss sayin she won't be in, busy busy day for me then.

Ooh don't know how I forgot thus the other day but I phoned home on my lunch hour on Friday an Allan put me on speaker phone for Chase an as soon S he heard me he started saying momma momma momma it was so cute, he's Bern saying it for a bit now but I didn't think he related it go me.

Ahh well best scoot n get on with done work, boooooo.......

Cocoa - yeah I'm hoping she'll be so cute people will forgive any crying as well :dohh: I reckon she will be practising her crawling as well.

JJ - good tip about the calpol. Hope your day goes OK hun. Flora has been saying mama all the time too. I'm starting to think she's saying it with some intent - when she wakes at night and is crying, I go in then she says 'mama' in the middle of her crying when she hears/sees me.

MM i can't wait to get down under for the heat!

Ah JJ and GL - how cure that they say Mama! M is still stuck on the 'lllll' sounds and only really says mum sounds when she's moaning and I don't think it's intentional.

JJ - I hope work isn't too bad for you today.

MM & GL - I don't know how you cope with the heat, although I suppose you're used to it? I visited my dad in Queensland in October and it was too hot for me then! Mind you, I was 4 months pregnant. That's my excuse!

You guys were just lucky you didnt have the hottest months to be pregnant in. Jan and Feb are our hottest months and we were due in March. It was terrible lol

Sod that! I would have been the moodiest pregnant woman in the word EVER!

Cocoa - Happy 8 months M! Gabriel has always been a mover, but when we co-sleep he never moves until he's up for the day. We sometimes use a sleep bag and it doesn't slow him down at all, he can even manage to stand up while wearing it. :dohh:
GL - I breastfed G during takeoffs and landings (unless he was asleep) and he never even noticed the pressure change. He hates to sit or be held while I'm sitting, so I did a lot of standing in the aisle (I made sure I had the aisle seat). He had a great time looking at all the people and I let him 'stand' in the aisle and sometimes in the back by the attendants, which kept him entertained. At the least sign of fussing, I just popped him back on the breast for a bit and that quieted him right down. It's lovely to have two built in pacifiers ;) I got a lot of compliments on how good he was.

Hi girls! :hi: I finally have some time to post...mom went back to Germany on Saturday and it was beautiful to see her and Sam build an actual relationship other than just over skype.

As I mentioned before the wedding was beautiful although there was a lot of things going wrong which I blame on the language barrier...they played the first dance song when I walked down the isle, did not deliver our favours when needed (there was a schedule in for the wedding day about what was going on ) and decorated grandma's room as the honeymoon suite :haha: all in all though, no big deal! I did not expect everything to go perfect. As for the ceremony itself ... I am surprised how much of a blur everything was, we were so nervous/excited...glad we have a video to watch now.

Sam did great during the vacation, although it took him a couple of days to get used to the sand, ocean and pool - but then he loved it. He was also great on the plane, just on the way back extremely restless and tired. It was a long day.

Here are some pictures, I have a bunch more on facebook if you are interested in seeing them - and also our Christmas pictures of Sam PM me and I 'll add you.

Happy 8 Month Megan! :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_4006.jpg
    IMG_4006.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 8
  • small_31.jpg
    small_31.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 9
  • _small_002.jpg
    _small_002.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 8
  • _small_021.jpg
    _small_021.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 9
  • _small_001.jpg
    _small_001.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 6
here is a few more of Sam

Attachments

• _small_013.jpg
    _small_013.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 6
  • 148694_10150329910100164_835830163_15890441_8052713_n.jpg
    148694_10150329910100164_835830163_15890441_8052713_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
  • _small_018.jpg
    _small_018.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4
Julchen - gorgeous pictures hun! Looks like you had a lovely day. Yeah it's nice to have a video to look back on as like you said soe of it can be a blur. Love your avatar pic too so cute.

GL - sounds like she is saying it to you hun.

Cocoa - Chase was just babbling for ages and making mmmmm sounds then out of the blue one day he just started saying momma and babba.

Seity - haha how cute Gabriel can stand up in his sleep bag, Chase hasn't managed that yet.

Oooh i'm tired, work was ok but as my boss wasn't in after i'd sorted her bits out i had to work for someone else and he's sooo boring and annoying, drove me mad, glad today is over!!!!! Also Chase was supposed to go to my friends today but her little boy has been ill, she took him the Dr's today and he's got an ear and throat infection so we decided not to take Chase there as we didn't want him to catch it so he went to mil's instead, just meant i had an hours journey to pick him up and get back home after work and Chase has had a late night. He ended up having some tea at 7 o'clock as mil said he would hardly eat anything for her. So stressed about his eating, it seems he won't eat a lot for anyone but me or hubby.

Ahh Chase was so pleased to see me today, today is the first day he's not been with me or hubby and he did ok. Mil said he cried on and off but that he was funny as he would cry, but there would be no tears and he'd still play or watch TV while whinging.

I'm off tomorrow so i'm going to try my hardest to make sure Chase goes back in his cot after each feed he wakes for tonight, need to get him used to his cot again its just so much easier to have him with us. He woke last night and just would not go back in his cot, after numerous attempts he came in with us at 11pm and after getting comfy he was straight to sleep, lil monkey.

Amazing pics! Would Love to see more - feel free to PM your name so I can add you on FB!
Looks like you had a fab time. I love the pic of Sam in the sand.

Jul - beautiful photos! Looks like a lovely wedding and sam is adorable. Congrats on your special day!

Cocoa - Happy 8 months M!

JJ - Good luck with the cot sleeping. I'm a bit worried Flora is funny about who feeds her too, as pretty much I do it 99% of the time, she even gets funny when DH feeds her. But when I'm back home I'm going to ask mum and dad, and DH!, to feed her so she gets used to other people.

Oh and Seity - thanks for the tips. I will defo breastfeed when there's a fuss! The attendants will get a bit sick of seeing my boobies after 24 hours!

Oh Jul your pics are amazing!!!!!! Feel free to add me on FB too :) x

GL - Gabriel likes to throw everything on the floor, so some kind of tether for the teether, favorite toy, etc would come in handy so that you aren't having to try and get it off the floor in a tight space if Flora is anything like Gabriel.
jul - Beautiful pics!
jj - Good luck with the cot sleeping. We put the ipod in G's room, so that he has white noise, that has really helped him fall back asleep after he wakes from coughing and he actually spent last night in his crib instead of our bed like he's been doing the past week.

Jul: Congrats on being married! Your photos are wonderful. Looks like Sam had a great time too.

Cocoa: Thank you so much for sharing the fur ball story with us. This makes me feel so much better about the time Charlotte ate the fortune from the fortune cookie. These kids will put anything in their mouths! Also, yay for crawling! Moving targets like pets are great motivators. My poor dogs have been keeping their distance for some time now. Poor things won't have a chance once she starts walking.

JJ: Hooray for a second tooth! I'm not sure what to suggest wrt the sleep issue. Maybe give him a special toy he can only have when he goes into the cot? We are getting a real tree, but I am planning on putting up the baby gate to keep her away except when we want her in there.

MM: Glad you got the crib mattress lowered in time. Our babies are just growing up too fast!

GL: No tips for Flora on the flight, but it will be a much better flight for you the more wine you drink.

Seity: You would think the sleeping bag would make it harder for them to stand up, but I think they like the challenge. Good to hear that Gabriel did well on the flight.

Today I tackled the feat of completing the Christmas shopping. Other than my brother, who is 19 and I don't have a clue what to get him, I am done! Most of it I ordered online and it is being delivered to the recipient. The rest I started wrapping today and should be done tomorrow (though I need to ship some things). Then I get to address Christmas cards. By this weekend we are going to be done with the business end of this holiday and get down to the fun stuff. It is finally cold here in Florida. Tonight may be below freezing. That rarely ever happens here (from what I have been told since we are still pretty new). I've got Charlotte bundled pretty well, but I think I am going to bring her into my room tonight and put her in the pack-n-play as her room is always cold. She has been asleep for hours so I know the transfer won't bother her. She had a hard time falling asleep tonight. Not sure if it is tooth related or if something else was bothering her. Won't it be nice when they can actually tell us what's wrong?

M has been pulling herself up onto her knees for a while, but she finally pulled herself up onto her feet unaided last night. Time to lower the cot mattress (not that she's downing much time in there :dohh:)

She's also been waking early for a while - 6/6:30am, but is still laying asleep next to me :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->