march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Glad to hear things are going well for you, lynn and you're keeping busy.

Good luck getting the kids to stay still long enough to get some pictures! I usually end up using the 'outtakes' pictures in the end. :haha:

lol my camera has a setting where it takes a very fast selection of 15 or so pics so you can hopefully get one with them both looking at the camera and smiling in there

lynn - I hope you get a good picture of the boys.
After Gabriel decided to wake every 2 hours again last night, I decided to break out one of his xmas outfits

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5009/5270554151_5803d4fed8.jpg

Heh, I love it Seity! Where did you get it from?

I can't believe how grown up he looks now!

Welcome back Lynn!! I saw the house pictures on facebook, looks like a very cute place you are in now.

Seity, I love the shirt too!

Can I ask your girls opinion, the doctor says at this age there is no need for them to feed over night. I am sure it is a big comfort thing but my OH is of the opinion that we should let him cry it out when he wakes over night. I honestly would like to wean him from the night feed with having to go back to work in a couple of months, just not sure if it is the right thing to do. Considering the fact that his weight is low anyway. He eats once over night usually just for a few minutes though. The other times or just suckling for comfort - if I let him.

Gah, i just wrote a big long reply julchen and my phone ate it. I'll try and rewrite it a bit later when the monkey is napping and I can hop on my laptop.

HC - I found that shirt at Walmart.
jul - I believe that Gabriel still needs to eat at night. Even if all he wanted was comfort suckling, I would still do it. (Obviously I am, since I was up 4 times last night doing just that) I may groan about the lack of sleep, but I personally believe he's waking for a reason and so will always go to him when he wakes. It won't last forever.

Well we've had a LOT of snow here in London, we were driving in it yesterday (well DH was not me I couldn't do it) and it was so sketchy. Then we had a really tedious stuck up lunch DH's dad and step mother, and a load of family, like 16 people around the table, all just assuming that Flora would just go to sleep when we wanted to eat - it wasn't exactly baby-friendly and I found the whole day really stressful. When we finally got home it took me ages to get her to go to bed, and today she has only had 1/2 an hour nap all day and is refusing to go back down.

Anyway so its been tricky with the snow and trying to push the buggy around in it is hard work! It wouldbe nice if they cleared the footpaths!

Good news, we finally have forwards crawling! Still slowly but definitely what I'd called crawling now.

Jul - Flora still feeds at least once, usually 2-3 times in the night. Like you it take me 5 minutes then she's back in bed, and I'm back at work on 11 Jan. I might do something about it in the new year if I'm feeling sleep deprived and hard done by, but until then I dont mind and I'm too lazy to go through the effort of shushing etc when the feeds are so quick. She definitely doesn't eat enough in the day which is why she feeds at night. I think if it doesn't bother you, and your OH (who presumably doesn't get up anyway?), then you shouldn't feel like you have to conform to what the doc says he OUGHT to be doing. You can tell your doc that loads of people still feed in the night that you know on here and that its perfectly normal :flower:

GL- yay Flora! She'll soon pick up the pace, M was slow for a few days but soon speeded up and wants to climb everything now :dohh:

Julchen - M still feeds a few time in the night. I know mostly it's a comfort thing, but I reckon at least one of them she still needs.

Lyn - welcome back!

Seity - love the pic, Gabriel has such gorgeous eyes!

Can't remember what I've updated here!
M has gone from crawling to wanting to stand ALL. THE. TIME.
Can now say Mummummum.
Favourite noises are stil 'dee', 'dow', 'dat', 'ooooooh' (very loudly) and 'nannannnan'
Had to lower cot mattress as she learnt to stand in it.
Still waking about 3 times a night.
Eating much more solid food now.
Claps when you say 'clap your hands!
Has riverting conversations with the cat (well, tries too... the cat usually runs away very quickly)

ETA: she has just displayed her perfected pincer grasp - by picking up a piece of carpet fluff and attempting to eat it :dohh:

I think that's it.
All my Xmas shopping done, just wrapping to do now. I hate that part!

Here's a little clip I took of her trying to get her to clap her hands on the first day she did it (not very successfully!)

julchen, Ej started feeding in the nights again at 5 months ish i put it down to change in everything around him plus developmental changes and growth spurt, we have only just managed to wean him from the night feed although he sometimes still gets one at 11pm if he wakes and we load him up on solids right before bed to help him last though i reckon the multitude of night feeds lasted so long because he wasnt eating enough food in the day and wasnt getting what he needed from breast milk alone ( not surprising considering his size ) i wouldnt let him cry it out overnight but would try a put down pick up technique without a feed , your OH might have to come onboard and help with that caus if you go hes likely to want a feed from you. good luck

we have beautiful wonderful snow here and i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

GL - Go Flora with the crawling! I wish it only took Gabriel 5 minutes to eat. He takes 30 minutes, so when he wakes every two hours, that means only 1.5 hours of sleep for me.
Cocoa - Go Megan with the clapping!. Every time I try to get Gabriel to clap he just looks at me and laughs.
Whenever I go in to get Gabriel in the middle of the night, he's standing in his crib. He also has the best pincer grasps when picking up tiny bits of whatever off the carpet that he probably shouldn't be eating. lol
He's currently having a fuss in his swing because he's only had one 30 min nap earlier this morning and he really needs to sleep.
We finally found a santa hat for him and it was part of a whole outfit, so here's a sneak preview for my bnb ladies:

Attachments

• santababy3.jpg
    santababy3.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
  • santababy4.jpg
    santababy4.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5
  • santababy5.jpg
    santababy5.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi all!! :hi:

Miss me? havn't been in here for awhile. been super busy in this busy season!! i hope everyones ok and looking foward to xmas!

A little update from us- PAFT came over the other day and said she wouldnt be surprised if Ella was walking in the next 4-6 weeks! Eeeeek!!!

I'll have a wee catch up shortly and post some pickies soon x

Pic overload :coffee:

Ella being clever

https://i53.tinypic.com/v5yjbt.jpg

Ella's early xmas pressie

https://i56.tinypic.com/2evpzxv.jpg https://i53.tinypic.com/33mbhwj.jpg
https://i52.tinypic.com/2gwvmgm.jpg https://i54.tinypic.com/17bwc2.jpg
https://i52.tinypic.com/15mh75l.jpg

biker baby :haha:

https://i52.tinypic.com/2itisg0.jpg

Love it MM! That's a cool ball pit.

Seity, MM - I love the pictures!!! So cute!

As for the sleeping thing; I might let myself be influenced too much by what other people say/ think about babies having to sleep through the night. To be honest, it does not bother me too much as for most part he does go back down right away. And I can tell that at least once a night he actually is eating. The fact that Sam is "underweight" makes it of course harder too to just go along and restrict him the night feed. Apart from providing comfort. It might be more my OH that wants him to sleep through the night, even though he is not the one to get up he feels bothered by still waking up when I get up. Sam used to be terrible when he went to sleep, and we did practise the cry it out a good while ago - it really only took about 3 days for him. Now he is a champ and hardly ever cries when put to bed, even if he ends up talking or playing in his crib for a bit he eventually goes to sleep on his own. So we know he CAN put himself to sleep. I had hoped once he figured that out the night wakings would diminish - they have not - albeit it got a lot better and the time I am up with him is considerably shorter, so I guess I can't really complain...taking all this in account, he might just need those wakings - for whatever reasons. Sorry for the rant...I think I just convinced myself to just go with the flow for now.

PS. MM - Sam seems to be a scary cat...we tried to put him in a ball pit a few times and he just freaks out. We also tried a friends walker because we considering to get him one for Christmas - but again - he won't even go near it.

HI guys, well its been super stress city around here what with working until the last minute (today) flying out on Thursday, well hopefully if the flight takes off! Going from Heathrow so we're all a bit up in the air (pun intended) re whats happening. I was sick in the middle of the night night before last, it wasn't pretty not sure what happened I must have picked up a tummy bug or just the stress of it all. Meanwhile the snow is causing chaos,we have a family dinner tonight with SIL and her family and we are getting the tube over and a cab home because we both want a glass of champers and there's no way I'll drive in the snow anyway. Which leaves a crapload less time to pack which I haven't done yet, let alone get the house all nice and tidy, wax my legs, paint my toenails, my list of things to do in the next 30 odd hours is endless.

OK sorry for the rant!

MM - gorgeous pics of El.
Seity - love the outfit!
Jul - glad you cam to a decision

So I just need some quick advice, Flora has a rattly cough and cold, and she is also teething pretty badly. I'm just a llittle worried because she's off her food, and milk this morning, and just wants to sleep, which is seriously unlike her. I think she has a bit of a temp altho I can't find the sodding thermometer. So I've given her calpol and put her in bed about 11:45 after she refused BF and lunch. Is this normal behaviour for colds and teething? I don't have time to go to the docs of course before we fly. Of course I'm not thrilled at the propect of carting her around London this afternoon and evening but I have been accused of moaning too much so just gotta go with it. None of DHs family can be bothered to come see us even though its harder for us being the ones with a baby.

Oops sorry that turned into another rant. my head is all over the place sorry guys :flower:

:hugs: GL

Not sure about the cold and teething, but it sounds reasonable. I hope she stops suffering soon, and hope you have a fantastic trip home! Can't wait to hear all about it.

GL- Connor was acting the same way, and I thought it was only a cold and teething. It ended up being a double ear infection. The sign I missed was him hitting the side of head when he was feeding. :dohh: I hope she does well on the plane!
Seity- Cute Santa outfit, my DH wouldn't let me put Connor in one :cry:
MM- Love the ball pit, she looks like she is having fun.

We took Connor to see Santa this weekend!

Attachments

• 164656_1772971970618_1428847796_31899963_5619489_n[1].jpg
    164656_1772971970618_1428847796_31899963_5619489_n[1].jpg
    43 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back