march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Cocoa-I hope you get the job! I wish I had suggestions for getting M to drink from a cup or bottle, but as Mika is ff, we've never had to deal with the issue.

So Mika has been a really cranky baby the past few days, which I chalked up to the tooth that was coming through. Well, he continued in a bad mood after the tooth came through. He never ran a fever, but I noticed a couple days ago he was rubbing his ears. Since he didn't have a fever, I chalked it up to him scratching the eczema behind his ears, but then he started pulling away from his bottle. We took him to the Dr. today and he has a really really bad ear infection. I feel so guilty that it took me so long to figure out that something was wrong! The Dr thinks that maybe it is the same ear infection he had earlier, but it didn't clear up, so she prescribed him a Z-pack instead of Amoxicillan since it is stronger.

Ok, that was a novel, lol. But he did wave at Daddy for the first time today!

I don't think it's the flavour that's the problem, she just doesn't seem to want to drink unless it comes from a booby shaped receptacle!

I haven't tried a straw cup, but I don't think she'll manage it because she can't seem to suck - which is why she has problems with other types of sippy cups. Probably because she hasn't had a bottle since she was about 12 weeks. She usually just tries to chew the spouty bits!

ETA: BNK - I worry about missing ear infection signs too, especially as M plays with her ears quite a lot anyway! It's really common for parents to not realise what it is. I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly for him x

Happy new year!!

This year we'll all get to celebrate our LO's first birthdays, and lots of new milestones being met!

:dance:

Happy New Year from Oklahoma! I have actually been asleep since about 9:30...not on purpose. I didn't even have any of the beer I bought for tonight. I woke up long enough to give my OH a New Years kiss, and now I can't get back to sleep!

lol BnK - it's 2:30 and I haven't been to bed yet, but Gabriel has already woken 4 times tonight.

MM - Good luck ttc, hopefully you won't get too far into the new year before you get that BFP.
I told Gabriel that his New Year's resolution is to learn to sleep through the night. :rofl:
You can have all my baby dust mojo because I don't want to go through this baby malarky again. :haha:

I'm just counting down until we can TTC again. Will be mid to late 2012 I think.

Seity-After I woke up at midnight, I didn't get back to sleep until after 4! I do hope Gabriel's sleep gets better for you. Is he a napper? I know Mika is a great night time sleeper, but some days naps are just impossible. Then again, some days he takes 3 hour naps. :shrug:

Mika's new year's resolution needs to be not waking up at 6 am on mornings his mommy wants to sleep in!

What is this sleep in? I thought 6:30 was sleeping in now?
hehe
So, I just got done trimming Gabriel's hair. Just a bit around the ears and up front. It was interesting because he's a very squirmy boy!
Also, as of yesterday he's decided to start 'proper' crawling more than army crawling to get around. He used to go about 1-2 inches and then drop to his belly, but yesterday he crawled across the floor, part way proper, then army, then back up to proper and today more often than not he's doing it proper. :happydance:

Ooh, you are in for even more fun when he starts pulling up! I love seeing Mika grow, but sometimes I miss the days when I could put him on a blanket and he would stay there!

Mika had his first hair cut not to long ago, but it is definitely time for another one!

Happy New Year everyone!! xxx

Cocoa - Not really sure what to suggest hun re - getting M to drink from a cup, luckily Chase has always taken water from one even though he refuses a bottle or milk from a cup. Just keep trying her, though hopefully if your not there and she is thirsty she will take some from it. Chase use to think it was a game too and chew and mess with the cup but he does seem to like it now, he likes the ones with a spout bit iykwim, my descriptive skills aren't too great. Though saying that he still nearly every time opens his mouth once he's taken a mouthfull and loses most of what's in his mouth :dohh: Chase also really loves drinking from my water bottle, i always have a bottle of water with me and have given his some of mine when we're out and if he see's it he's always grabbing it, it's one of the bottles with the white spout bit think it's buxton water that do them, you could try M with one of these? Bit big i know but Chase loves drinking from this.

Ahh maybe if you do get a full time job in time they will let you drop days? It's so hard having to work.

BLK - I hope Mika's ear infection clears quickly, ahh and don't feel guilty hun :hugs: well dont Mika for waving!!

Seity - Yay for Gabriel properly crawling, clever boy. Once he realises how much faster he can ger around properly crawling he'll stick to doing it that way, Chase is so fast, especially when you say "i'm coming to get you" and you crawl after him, he picks up his pace and crawls so fast squealing too.

Wow i feel like i haven't had chance to do a proper update for ages. With working and Chase on the move i just don't seem to get a minute, i get a quick catch up in bed on my phone before zzzz.

Well Christmas has been lovely, except Christmas morning was very stressful, rushing around to see people so next year we aren't going anywhere and if people want to see us they can come to us!! Apart from that thouhg we've had a fab time, i've been off work since the 23rd and don't go back until the 4th which has been sooo nice, even though i've only been back 3ish weeks. Not looking forward to going back as i'm going to be doing 4 days instead of the 3 i''ve been doing.

So Chase is just constantly standing and occassionally cruising and i don't think it will be too long before he walks, he just pulls himself up on anything he can, it's great to see him learning new things but boy it's tiring, i feel like we're constantly moving him away from things, everything seems a hazard. Oh an i feel so bad for this, the other day he was crawling and he went towards the radiator and i jumped up to grab him but he was too quick and he grabbed the radiator pipe :cry: luckily the heating had only just gone on so it wasn't really hot but he did let out a little cry, his hand was fine but i felt soooo bad, naughty mummy!!
He's also learnt to clap hands and sometimes he will wave.

His two bottom teeth have meant he is so much better at eating now, although he seems to have developed a greedy phase, he just shoves far too much in or bites massive chunks off and then is sick because it's too much and this massive piece of food comes out. We have these little wheel shaped wheat snacks that i give him and he used to bite bits off, well now he just shoves the whole lot in!! They aren't too bad though as they melt. Anyone else's LO do this? I'm hoping he'll learn soon to take smaller bites.

Well sleep for us is just a nightmare and great, great as he sleeps fab, but that's only because he is in our bed every night!! This happended since he was ill then when i went back to work he wouldn't go back in his cot and tiredness just ment he came in with us, i think we've started something now that's going to be very hard to break, we acutally don't mind he being in with us but i know it's probably going to lead to trouble with him sleeping in his own bed. Chase is quite a lie in baby too, since i've been off work every day bar one he's not been up before 9am, i've felt human again getting such good sleep. I suppose while i've been off i should have persevered with the cot but i just can't stand to hear him cry it makes me so upset and he propert cries now the minute he goes in it.

Right think i've written enough of an essay now, we're off shopping today then tonight either out for tea or a few drinks with friends if my mum can babysit. Hope everyone has a lovely day xxx

jj-Mika is quite greedy with food too! He used to gnaw on dried apricots and bit bits off, now he just jams the whole thing in his mouth! We also have some of the melty snacks (not the wagon wheel shaped ones though) and he shoves as many in his mouth as he can, then has too many to chew! I have no idea what to do about it though!

Hope you get to enjoy a night out!

Mika is much less cranky, but still rubbing his ears like crazy. He is on day 4 of his 5 day antibiotic course, so we shall see if it gets better. Yesterday, he spent most of the afternoon climbing into his toybox. Problem is he can't get back out, so he has to be rescued constantly.

We went to a friends house yesterday to watch the Fiesta Bowl game and of course Mika was the star of the party. Lol, he fought sleep for so long because there were so many people there to play with him. And now I'm off to get ready so we can go view a house we are thinking about renting! Fingers crossed we like it!

BnK - He's already been pulling up and cruising around. He'll even let go for a few seconds sometimes. I think he just felt like army crawling was good enough, so I never expected he'd bother proper crawling at all. Glad to hear Mika seems to be getting better.
Cocoa - I give Gabriel some bread and then he's more than happy to drink water from his sippy cup -lol
jj - I remember those first few days of him pulling up. It was a crazy time of moving everything out of reach that he could suddenly grab. Way to go with the cruising and yay teeth!
Here's a really bad pic taken from the video of me cutting G's hair:
https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5286/5315769283_646af9210e.jpg

Happy New Year Ladies!!! I have had my hubby home for the past 10 days which was great. The kids really enjoyed having their dad here all day and we got a lot of things done.
I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years!!! For me this will be year with some bittersweet moments...I have to start work on February 28th, but have found a nice bilingual (german/english) dayhome for Sammy. Its cheap and 5 minutes from our home on my way to work, I lucked out I guess. Will be sad to not have him around all day but I am excited for him to be with other kids, he is such a sociable little fella. Also all of our LO's will have their first birthday soon...again this is exciting but also a bit sad. Did we not just hold our sweet newborns?

Cocoa - I know it can be frustrating, Sam just recently took to the sippy cup after months and months of trying. Stay on it! Try any kind of glas/ cup, that is what we did and he eventually came around. Oh...he has a strawcup which was the first one he took to, but I had to open up the valve a little, it is messier but much easier for him to drink. He got really frustrated before. I give him water and have just recently started him on homo milk (diluted with water) to prepare for weaning him (which i would like to have done before I go back to work).

MM - sooooo excited for you to TTC. I would love to as well, but we are still unsure about the financial situation. Daily life would not be a problem but I would love for us to be able to travel a lot - especially with me being from Germany and having parents and grandparents there. I guess it all comes down to what you want in life. It is fantastic though to see Sam with his older sister and the special bond they have, so for him to have another sibling much closer in age surely would be nice.

bNk - Sam is very greedy as well. The other day he was coughing a bit because his mouth was too full, his eyes just started watering and all he was concerned with was to stuff the rest of the cookie into his mouth. :rofl:

I hope everyone is doing great :flower:

Seity - not to forget you....Gabriel looks sooooo cute and happy in the picture!!

Happy new year everyone, sorry its late lol
been a busy period here with everything happening all at once, EJ has started crawling properly now using hands and knees and has been pulling himself up on the furniture all though the Christmas break and making trouble of his own,

DH is back to work tomorrow so we will be able to get the house into routine again and hopefully the boys getting more regular naps etc... i do hope that we are able to start going to play groups etc... and getting out a bit now we are settled in this house

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->