march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Thanks mummy-em, yeah i was worried about makingf sure it would be defrosted in time so would be so much easier if i don't have to freeze, i really didn't know it would keep that long.

Well looks like i'll be going the doctors tomorrow, after getting rid of the blocked duct my right boob and nipple are both so sore. The nipple and surrrounding area are so tender and im sure my nipple is a bit swollen. Chase wouldn't sleep last night every time he fell asleep on me and i put him down he woke up so eventually hubby said i should have asleep with him on me and he would watch us, only when i woke up i had a blocked duct again, not sure if Chase caused it from how he was lying on me. Ended up having to have a bath at 3am and unblocked it but my boob is still so sore and its red too. Don't know if its thrush or something else, i think i can see like a lil white line in Chase's mouth on his cheek near his gums. Greenlady did the doctor confirm you had thrush?
I'm worried as i need to express but even just to touch my right boob is sore, its just so tender and if i go to put any pressure on to hand express i can't do it as it hurts too much, worried i'm not going to be able to express enough for Wednesday.

I've only just seen this group please could you add me to the list? Alfie was born on 8 March 2 days late.

We still dont have a routine as such as Max is still fed on demand. I tried to instigate a routine the other day but after he priojectile vomitted it all went to pot.

He never shows signs of being sleepy, because he's ALWAYS sleepy. I give him his last bottle around 8-9pm and then get him ready for bed. This is the only time of day when he struggles to then go to sleep. We don't bathe him every day and I won't incorporate it yet into a night time routine because as much as he's ok in the bath he screams afterwards. it's not peaceful at all for him. Plus he generally has his bottle before his bath because as soon as he wakes, he is waking for a feed.

We just lay him in his cot and stay with him until he drifts off. But we try and put him in the cot when he looks like he's ready to go back to sleep. He generally doesn't have his dummy in (he takes it only a few times a day anyway), and just has a small light from the monitor which stays on all night so I can just about see to do his night feeds.

He has his next feed generally around 1-2am and another around 5-6am

I am desperate to get more of a routine but as he's fed on demand I have no idea how to go about it. Other times when I have tried to feed him to a routine it just never works. Also he has reflux and is sick once a day so he always needs re-feeding after a puke up.

I feel like everyone is totally on top of their game and I am lagging behind :cry:

hi girls

sorry been awol for a couple of days again, hubby had a bit of time off so we were doing things :)

Becki - sorry you are still struggling with M's naps and sleeps... all I can say is the earlier you can get her to settle by herself the better for you. My friend had a baby 6 months ago and she never ever put him down, now he just wont settle at all unless he is in her arms, nightmare! I agree with Lynn, maybe try putting her on her side instead, it seems to work well for Roman.

All is okay here although I seem to be ridiculously hormonal and stroppy all the time! Roman is doing well, he is taking almost 30oz of milk per day now, feeds every 2.5/3 hours in the mornings although he is whingy and doesnt sleep much until late afternoon. Last night he slept from 8pm-1115pm when I woke him for a nappy and a dream feed, then he slept til 445am had another feed and dropped off til 8am :)

h iya ladies sorry i have been missing for a week or so just had no time at all we had a sickness bug going round the whole house last week that was a nightmare trying to find 5 mins to my self at the moment is impossibal i feel totaly exhausted i will try and catch up on what i have missed and update those few bits on the front page hope every one is doing ok and babys are well.
i hope you dont mind i wanted to share a few photos with you all from yesterday when we visited family so here is my brood lol xxx

Ah she's so cute. Love the one next to the baby doll

I sometimes actually do feel like a 5 year old with a baby doll. I was pushing Max round in his pram the other day laughing to myself. I've also started to put him in some outfits (as he finally fits them) and feel again like I am dressing my new doll :rofl:

Thanks mummy-em, yeah i was worried about makingf sure it would be defrosted in time so would be so much easier if i don't have to freeze, i really didn't know it would keep that long.

Well looks like i'll be going the doctors tomorrow, after getting rid of the blocked duct my right boob and nipple are both so sore. The nipple and surrrounding area are so tender and im sure my nipple is a bit swollen. Chase wouldn't sleep last night every time he fell asleep on me and i put him down he woke up so eventually hubby said i should have asleep with him on me and he would watch us, only when i woke up i had a blocked duct again, not sure if Chase caused it from how he was lying on me. Ended up having to have a bath at 3am and unblocked it but my boob is still so sore and its red too. Don't know if its thrush or something else, i think i can see like a lil white line in Chase's mouth on his cheek near his gums. Greenlady did the doctor confirm you had thrush?
I'm worried as i need to express but even just to touch my right boob is sore, its just so tender and if i go to put any pressure on to hand express i can't do it as it hurts too much, worried i'm not going to be able to express enough for Wednesday.

r u on antibiotics hun?.

As were going out Wednesday night i'm going to start expressing and freezing, i can't always get that much when i express and i'm paranoid about making sure MIL has enough milk for him. Anyone know how long it will take to defrost if i just put it in the fridge to defrost, also once defrosted can it be mixed together?
You can store milk in the fridge for up to 5 days at 4°C or lower (usually at the back where it is coldest) it can be stored for two weeks in the ice compartment of a fridge or for up to six months in a freezer so you could get away with not feezing it if you worried about defrosting it xx

I was told it was 48 hours in the fridge. i wouldn't leave it any longer than that tbh :blush: x

Don't worry chele - you're not alone!

Me & OH had a huge barney last night because I'd forgot to turn my computer off and he basically accused me of sitting on my arse all day! I try my hardest to keep on top of general housework (dishwasher, washing clothes etc- the dusting can wait!). I only get a small amount of time to do it as M sleeps on me so I get no free time. Would understand it more if he actually lifted a finger round the house!

Thanks fir the tips girls, I'm getting some colief today and yesterday evening she kept waking up crying in pain with her gut (I think) and I'll try lying her on her side. Maybe I'll have to be brave and leave her to whinge and cry a bit more before picking her up from her basket. It's so hard when most of the time she's grunting, straining, crying and fighting me- feel like I'm doing a rubbish job, but she looks so content when she's asleep on me so she can't hate me that much!

As were going out Wednesday night i'm going to start expressing and freezing, i can't always get that much when i express and i'm paranoid about making sure MIL has enough milk for him. Anyone know how long it will take to defrost if i just put it in the fridge to defrost, also once defrosted can it be mixed together?
You can store milk in the fridge for up to 5 days at 4°C or lower (usually at the back where it is coldest) it can be stored for two weeks in the ice compartment of a fridge or for up to six months in a freezer so you could get away with not feezing it if you worried about defrosting it xx

I was told it was 48 hours in the fridge. i wouldn't leave it any longer than that tbh :blush: x

as long as you frige is cold enough its fine to store for that long they are the guide lines that we have here we give out information on a daily basis to new and breastfeeding mothers i did find this web site tho that says you can keep it in the fridge for 8 days lol https://www.breastfeeding.com/reading_room/fda_how_do_i_store_breast_milk.html i think that website may be american but this is our one from the nhs and this is what we go by https://www.breastfeeding.nhs.uk/en/fe/page.asp?n1=3&n2=9 i know when stored the milk seperates but with a good shake is fine to use but at the end of the day its up to you how long you are happy to store it for lol xx:thumbup:

r u on antibiotics hun?.

No hun not on antibiotics. Just don't know whats wrong with it, it kinda feels bruised ang get real bad pains in it sometimes. I'm making sure he feeds off that side first but its sore. The milk flow isn't as good either i don't think as after a while he really starts fussing and pulling at my nipple, not good when its sore! Last night really made me want to pack in bf was in that much pain, the hot bath really helped though.

I just took the advent steam sterilizer i use out of the microwave and realised i had it going without there being any water in it! I have to put 200mls in but i didn't :dohh: Will the bottles and pump still be ok or have i damaged it :cry:

I just took the advent steam sterilizer i use out of the microwave and realised i had it going without there being any water in it! I have to put 200mls in but i didn't :dohh: Will the bottles and pump still be ok or have i damaged it :cry:

Should be okay hun! If they look okay chances are that they are, wouldn't imagine they'd be damaged :) x

I'm so tired, forgive me for not replying to you all!! It's been a lonnnng day. Not for any reason in particular, but just rather tired. I'm sure you all know what I mean :) lol. You ladies with more than one kiddy...well done! I don't know how you manage hehe you're all doing great! (as is everybody else of course :flower:)

Lachlan's been a bit of a grumpypants tonight but I think he was overtired. As far as I know (I'm scared to go check cause last time I did he was still squirmy..) he's asleep which is a good time for him, he's normally going to bed around now or even an hour from now.

Been trying to start him on a routine with a feed then bath before bed which I have done the two nights previous to tonight. Didn't bother with bath tonight because he was so upset, so just fed him, comforted him and put him down and it worked a treat cause he was already so worn out.

I went shopping today for myself, and also for Lachlan (how could I resist :cloud9:). Got him some really cute stuff from Pumpkin Patch as they were having a sale, will post pics tomorrow. Don't you just love shopping for your LO! I think I enjoy it even more than I enjoy clothes shopping for myself (Love it but don't do it much lol..).

xx :hugs: to everybody

yes i agree! i just bought some pp stuff off trademe and on the online pp store. i spent like 100 bux oops. 0-3 clothes :) x

yes i agree! i just bought some pp stuff off trademe and on the online pp store. i spent like 100 bux oops. 0-3 clothes :) x

Lol I spent like 60 there, couldn't resist! I got size 3-6mo, really wanted to get 0-3 but I know he'll grow out of them quickly then I'll feel guilty lol so 3-6 it is! But at least he'll fit them by winter I guess! You should put up pics of what you got! I love the girls stuff lol Tom was teasing me that I can't buy it for Lachlan. Was so tempted to buy Ella a prezzie tho lol.

I spent 100 on myself...my bad! So sick of only having either maternity clothes or leggings and singlets :wacko: I swear that's all my bloody wardrobe consists of, I've been wearing leggings and miniskirts for the longest time...so went to Cotton On and sorted myself out. Got some black jeans for 27 bucks, ooo yeah. And they were size 10! I was so excited lol not that they do up but shhh I fit them apart from that!!

Hello girls... I had baby paige on the 5th march ;) xx

lol EJ is already grown out of 0-3 stuff

chele, dont feel bad hunni your baby has reflux and that makes routines near impossible for the first few months, you are doing a fab job

my hv who runs the breastfeeding group in town says 5 days at the back of the fridge :flower:

we have hunter on a loose routine because i feed on demand and it does seem he is too young to fall into a really good routine. We are mainly focusing on getting him used to the idea of a routine. He is such an alert playful boy. He wants to play after feeds lol so it isnt easy with him but how can i be upset at the sweet little coos and laughs he gives me. He sleeps in in the day though so i can usually make up for it. He is like me, he is a night owl lol it is only a problem when we need to get up early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->