march lambs 2010 come on ladies

chele i would stop using fabric softner on his clothes if hes got excema and just put a spoonful of white vinegar in instead it does the same thing but is easier on the skin, and you could try putting some oats in a small cloth bag or peice of muslin and when you run his bath run the water through it and leave it in the water during the bath it helps with excema and i dont know if your using babywash or moisterisor at all but id stop any of those and swap to Aqueous cream which you can use as a body cream as well as a soap subsitute

White vinegar? Never heard of that but worth a shot.

I don't use anything on him, never have. I'm now using Aveeno and/or Diprobase on his skin and Diprobath in the bath. Nothing else. His body seems a lot better, the worst bit is his forehead particularly above his right eye - like a dragon's scales. Poor mite

Lynn - my OH's idea of sprucing up to go out is to shave! Not one for tarting himself up! Lol

Jj- poor Chase :-( Give him lots of hugs to cheer him up a bit x

Em- hope things improve for you soon Hun :hugs:

GL- good luck for your appointment. Don't think Midwives can prescribe- but she'll be able to speak to your GP about making sure you get the right dose this time. Definitely take some info with you to back you up just in case. I've got to book an appointment for this week for my 6 week check too. Luckily our practice nurse is really nice- all the GPs are horrible so Im glad the nurse does it.

Weekend has been good. Not really much to report- M is being very good (touch wood). She's still not sleeping much, but I've just accepted that she's too nosey to sleep for too long! We went out for a nice walk earlier and she slept in the pram.
OH has been working all weekend so me and M spent yesterday watching DVDs and went to my Mum's today for lunch. Yummy!

GL I still totally admire you for sticking with it.

Max went 5 hours last night from 10pm-3am. I was gobsmacked. That's twice he's done that now (albeit with a 5 day gap). Am hoping we're getting there slowly.

He is soooooooo much more awake now. Generally has a mid morning nap and then is awake on and off from 12pm until tea time with 5 minute cat naps here and there. He's totally different now in that respect. He seems to be talking to himself a lot more too. But still no smile :cry:

Here's a video of him, so cute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DacL-j9W8Po

hows everyones weekend going so far?

Until I woke up this morning it was great. Pretty much did nothing friday. A friend of ours graduated with her bachelors degree yesterday so she had a party last night. I'm not really sure, but I had somewhere between 3 and 30 jello shots...not that that really narrows it down. All in all it was a great night. All our OHs/DHs were our designated drivers so basically it was just a bunch of drunk women by the end of the night lmao.

And now this morning hits and Mika is cranky and screaming and mommy has a hangover and my head is bursting!

aww blonde im sorry your having a rough day with LO

chele yeah its one of those old fashioned things like using lemon juice and bicarb soda for cleaning that really works my mum does it so she could collect the water from the machine to put on the plants

Speaking of white vinegar, I have been advised to put it in all my washing with the thrush and also to wipe my nipples with it and LOs nappy rash bum. Also to dunk her in some warm water mixed with loads of bicarb soda.

Chele that video is so cute! He will smile very soon I thought I saw a hint of one one there.

blonde - lucky you having a night out! Sounds like a laugh. I miss a boozy evening with the girls, don;t miss the hangovers though! Hopefully the headache has gone now.

chele-that vid made me giggle

gl-it was nice to have a night out! headache has finally gone and LO took a bit of a nap, not nearly as long as he needed though.

cocoa- my midwofe could prescribe. Maybe its different in different places though?

GL- wouldn't white vinegar sting if u put it on rashy skin? or is white vinegar different?
x

cocoa- my midwofe could prescribe. Maybe its different in different places though?

GL- wouldn't white vinegar sting if u put it on rashy skin? or is white vinegar different?
x

Yeah I don't know about rashes but on my nipples strangely enough it doesn't sting..? Mind you they sting all the time anyway at the mo so maybe I just can't notice it. My mum has just been here from Oz and got in a total state not being able to find a big plastic bottle of plain household vinegar, which she swears by. I don't know if its different to the white distilled vinegar overe here which you can only get in small bottles.

I don't think midwives can prescribe over here but I'm going to beg her to get speak to the doctor for me.

Edit: I diluted some vinegar in water and put Floras bum in it she didn't seem to mind.

x

Yeah I don't know about rashes but on my nipples strangely enough it doesn't sting..? Mind you they sting all the time anyway at the mo so maybe I just can't notice it. My mum has just been here from Oz and got in a total state not being able to find a big plastic bottle of plain household vinegar, which she swears by. I don't know if its different to the white distilled vinegar overe here which you can only get in small bottles.

I don't think midwives can prescribe over here but I'm going to beg her to get speak to the doctor for me.

Edit: I diluted some vinegar in water and put Floras bum in it she didn't seem to mind.

Is your thrush getting better hun? x

No its not! I've got my six week checkup tomorrow so I'm going armed with the breastfeeding network leaflet which describes the correct medication as so far they've been a bit crap about it and I feel like I have to tell the doc how to do his job :wacko: its really painful still!! :cry:

Ok ladies, I'm hoping to go back to England on Tuesday (ash cloud permitting) and finally get some time to catch up! Just doing a quick post on this thread so I can find it again later, I'll try my very best to read through the 75+ pages and catch up with everyone over the last few months.

Just a little reminder:
Eleanor Emma, born on the 6th of March weighing 6lbs 6oz

Can't believe she's 10 weeks old already, and doing brilliantly ... at the 2 month check she weighed 11lbs 5oz. She now happily sleeps 9 hours straight at night (love her!) and has taken to screaming through out the day for the last few days because she wants constant attention. Hopefully she'll outgrow that too =)

erised i hope she outgrows the fussiness too for your sake,

the distilled white vinegar we get in stores here is the same as normal household vinegar from nz and australia, if i was applying to skin i would definatly dilute it by at least half,

Only just found this! can you add me and fi to the list?

ophelia born 5th march 2010 @ 8:35am.... 9lb 11oz :cloud9:

She is 12lb 8 now! go booby juice! x

grrrr just wrote a big post and lost it somehow!!

We are back from our fab weekend away in the Alps, Wren was fantastic, she slept really well in the hotel which ws great as the walls were paper thin due to the hotel being from the 1800's, I was a little nervous but it was all good. The weather was bit naff but that didn;t stop us from doing loads of stuff.

Anyway, the big news is that we got engaged on Sunday!! Sam popped the question on top of a mountain overlooking the Alps and beautiful lakes below, it was amazing. Wren kindly cried through the latter half of the proposal so we had to stop and feed her before I could put my ring on! I guess this is what happens once you have kiddies! We have been together for 7 years next month so I have been patiently waiting for this day for some years now! I am over the moon and my ring is gorgeous!!

Congrats hunni, my DH knelt on my foot when he proposed lol

im just going to post these pics here too caus i did up the thread for another forum post and i love showing off my boys
caus theres 8 pics then ill set a spoiler so they dont take up a whole page lol
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v271/111/80/663595122/n663595122_3371186_9119.jpg
Nathaniel few hours old
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v307/111/80/663595122/n663595122_3650509_6255.jpg
Nathaniel 6 weeks old
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs114.snc1/4956_209854700122_663595122_7370526_4996218_n.jpg
Nathaniel 1yr old
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs035.snc3/12302_10150136734070123_663595122_11327878_4322898_n.jpg
Nathaniel a few weeks ago

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs443.snc3/25447_10150154631325123_663595122_11602729_6413982_n.jpg
Elliott a few hours old
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs463.snc3/25447_10150154631350123_663595122_11602734_4048678_n.jpg
Elliott a couple of weeks old
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs435.ash1/24057_10150165423265123_663595122_11898373_2355823_n.jpg
Elliott One month old
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs301.snc3/28672_10150172167100123_663595122_12068437_5847456_n.jpg
Elliott 6 weeks old

Eriseed- Hope the ash cloud doesn't cause you any problems! The weather is lovely here today.

Emskins- congratulations!! Picture of the ring?........

Lyn- lovely pics!

I weighed M before our bath yesterday and it said 5.5kg- which is 12lb 2oz, but discounted it because that's a massive gain from last week. So I weighed her again this morning after her monster poo and it said 5.4kg- which is 11lb 14oz! My scales have always matched the HVs by an oz or two, which means M has put on 1lb 4oz in a week! That's ridiculous right?!?! In 6 weeks she's put on 4lb 2oz! Apparently I have the milk equivilant of super weight gain powder that bodybuilders use!

And she's still not going more than 3.5 hours overnight without food. I'm obviously not a lucky one- although she's started being a bit more generous with her smiles - melts my heart :cloud9:

Yay glad you have found us Erised and thechaosismex xx

Emskins congratulations, lovely news and i agree we need a picture of the ring. Thats fab you had a good break too. Oh i'm always writing posts and losing them, usually when i'm typing with my left hand, so so annoying.

Lynn those pics are so cute of both boys!

Wow CocoaOne if M has put that much weight on that would be impressive, should bottle up and sell your booby juice :haha: Chase put 6oz on in a week and the hv was really happy with that. Hey so sleeping at 11lbs isn't true then :shrug: dam there goes my hope! Chase is like M he very rarely goes more than 3 hours without a feed. I just can't see him sleeping through as when he wakes after 3 hours he is ravenous. Every night i hope that that will be the night we get a long sleep, it never is though. He was awful last night, my head was banging cause i was so tired. From 10pm to 8.30am we've had roughly 5 hours broken up :wacko:

EJ is wanting a topup feed between his 6-9pm feeds and normally has about 4 oz or 15 ish min on the boobs and that seems to leave him full enough to sleep longer so if your LO's are extra fussy between evening feeds then offer milk and see what happens they might surprise you

I have figured out how to make the pictures small enough to upload, I am not smart enough to use the spoiler thing that Lyn used which is really cool..sorry

So here is a pic of my ring, my ring and me and Wren (she was crying at this point so we had to cut the romance short and feed her!) and a cute pic of my Wren smiling

Attachments

• Wren smiling small.jpg
    Wren smiling small.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Wren, mummuy and ring small.jpg
    Wren, mummuy and ring small.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Ring small.jpg
    Ring small.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online