march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Ooooh sparkly! It's lovely hun. My OH is wedding-phobic so there's no chance he'll ever pop the question!

Wren looks gorgeous too- and I love your stripey rug x

Lynn- M has taken to having her longest nap right before 'bed time' so I don't get a chance to feed her more. I'd wake her up, but it's the most sleep she gets all day and she gets overtired and won't sleep at night if she misses it. Hoping she grows out of it soon.

GL - hope your appointment goes well today. I walked to the surgery today and booked mine for Friday- let me know what happens, I just imagine the nurse will check my bits :haha:

at my 6wk check they just asked if i wanted them to check my scar or not , felt my tummy did bp check and talked about my iron levels from my last blood test and talked contraception and PND

Oh god I haven't sorted out the state of my lady area since about a week before I had her! Oh dear the poor midwife!

Lol GL - I need to remember to have a tidy up before I go!

Happy Monday everyone. It is 8:21am here and Charlotte is still asleep! I put her to bed at 9:30 last night. Checked in on her to make sure she was breathing so I guess she is just that tired. She spent most of the weekend being really cranky so maybe it was just lack of sleep. We went to go see the space shuttle launch on Friday and I think it threw her off her schedule for the whole weekend.

Emskins, congrats on your engagement! Your ring is lovely.

Cocoaone: I think it is possible for them to put on massive amounts of weight in a short period. Charlotte gained 13oz between week 2 and 3 according to scales at two different doctor's offices (she had lost a lot of weight in her first two weeks so we were thrilled to see this much gain). She hasn't looked back since as she was 13lb 6oz at her last doctor visit at 9 weeks.

Cocoa-the rug is from Ikea!

vegasbaby- I saw the launch on the telly at the hotel, would love to see it live, I bet it was awesome

Thanks for all the congrats ladies! I am a very happy bunny! I have everything I wanted in life, it dooesn't get much better!

grrrr just wrote a big post and lost it somehow!!

We are back from our fab weekend away in the Alps, Wren was fantastic, she slept really well in the hotel which ws great as the walls were paper thin due to the hotel being from the 1800's, I was a little nervous but it was all good. The weather was bit naff but that didn;t stop us from doing loads of stuff.

Anyway, the big news is that we got engaged on Sunday!! Sam popped the question on top of a mountain overlooking the Alps and beautiful lakes below, it was amazing. Wren kindly cried through the latter half of the proposal so we had to stop and feed her before I could put my ring on! I guess this is what happens once you have kiddies! We have been together for 7 years next month so I have been patiently waiting for this day for some years now! I am over the moon and my ring is gorgeous!!

I have figured out how to make the pictures small enough to upload, I am not smart enough to use the spoiler thing that Lyn used which is really cool..sorry

So here is a pic of my ring, my ring and me and Wren (she was crying at this point so we had to cut the romance short and feed her!) and a cute pic of my Wren smiling

Huge Congratulations Hun!! Wren is super cute and that ring is gorgeous!!!

We might have to change our wedding plans yet again. First time around it was planned for March 5th this year in Mexico but then we hit our little cute road bump...:rofl: so we happily postponed till November this year...now it seems only very few people could make it and we would have to have something after anyway so we are considering to do the whole thing here right away - BUT planning a wedding in just a few months out of nowhere - that might be a huge challenge. We are looking at the end of summer - man we must be crazy. Would love a nice golf course wedding...OH works at one on the weekends but he thinks it is cheap to do it there (we would not have to pay). Gotta work on him a bit as I don't think it matters.

Having such a bad day with M. She's been 'shouting' at me all day and acting super frustrated. She's not happy doing anything. She is acting hungry but just cries after 5 mins on the breast and wont take her dummy. Hopefully this is the dreaded 6 week growth spurt - and hopefully it'll bugger off soon!!

Emskins- congratulations!! Wren is also so adorably cute now!!

Lynn- lovely pics, sooooo cute.

Cocoa- hope it's just an off day for you!

The gaviscon has given Max constipation. Poor thing was screaming earlier and has hardly had anything to eat the past two days. He's now totally worn out after just knocking back 180ml!! He never takes that much. poor thing is dehydrated.

And don't get me started on the lady garden situation. I haven't shaved mine (I'm an all off girl) for 8 weeks now so have a total hair zone going on now. not impressed but I can't shave it properly because of my c-section scar. Grrrrrr. It's going to be months before I can get it done
So pi55ed off my drs don't do a 6 week check particularly since I was discharged as anaemic and with the c-section scar causing problems.

Need to book Max's 8 weeks jabs. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek not looking forward to it.

if you ha\ve worries chele just book an appointment anyway and say its regarding post natal stuff

Cocoa, I hope you get the wedding you want! A golf course is a great location!

We need to look at setting a date but we have a few obstacles in the way with other weddings and timing it around baby number 2 as I want to start TTC next spring hopefully as it took us 6 moths to concieve Wren. We are supposed to go to a wedding in March in Oz but then that would make a summer wedding for us impossible as we couldn't afford a trip to Oz and our own wedding, especially as we plan to marry back in Canada.

Chele, I hope Max is feeling a little better. I am surprised you don't have a 6 week check up, I thought was standard everywhere.

I used to shave my lady garden aswell, until last summer when I eneded up having to have surgery as I got an infected hair in my groin that turned into an abcsess within 2/3 days. It was really embarrasing. I had to have a spinal block to perform the surgery and they kept me in for 4 days!Needless to say I don't shave anymore (they told me that was why it happened) so now I use hair removing cream which just about does the trick but is more of a pain in the bum!

Wren is also having a grizzly day, I have walked her around town twice today!

Congratulations Emskins! Such a lovely ring and Wren is adorable.

Lynnikins, great pics of your LO's.

I've got so many pics of the monkey but getting them onto the computer is another matter. I'm either too busy or too lazy! :blush:

Anyway, Ronan was 13 weeks yesterday. I can't believe how fast time has flown by! He weighed 13.4lb when I weighed him on our scales and he's 25 inches long! He grew a whole inch sometime in a 2 week span but as with growth spurts, it seemed like it happened overnight.

As for sleep, from 7 weeks on he was sleeping well and only waking once or twice for a feed (we're still breastfeeding exclusively) then he went through about a week of disturbed sleeping patterns but still not wanting more feeds and then the last 2 nights he's slept through! The first night was from 8pm-5am and then last night was 7:30 until 5:20. He woke for a feed and then went down until 7:30-8am both days which is our usual get out of bed and start the day time. :happydance:

For those of you worried about letting your LO's nap too long too late, at this age I wouldn't be. Ronan usually takes a super long nap of 2-3 hours, sometimes going 4 hours late in the day and by the time he's fed we're ready to start his bedtime routine and get him back off to sleep for the night! He is usually settled in and asleep within an hour and a half after waking from his nap, often less.

I found that if he got overtired or didn't nap well during the day, it was much harder to get him to settle to sleep at night and his sleep wasn't as good.

The gaviscon has given Max constipation. Poor thing was screaming earlier and has hardly had anything to eat the past two days. He's now totally worn out after just knocking back 180ml!! He never takes that much. poor thing is dehydrated

Ahh poor Max hun the same thing happened to Chase its awful to see them like that isn't it. I phoned our doctors and they prescribed him Colief and it works a treat, no more problems since he's been on it. We've managed to cut down Chase's gaviscon to 2-3 times a day now and he has the colief twice a day. You can buy it over the counter but its £10.99 so i'd get it prescribed. Hope he is ok hun xx

Well were back from the docs with more nystatin for Chase plus some Canesten for his groin. The doctor said he's got quite a lot on his tongue, me poor lil man. I'm worried he's had it from birth and we didn't know, feel awful if he has, only because after a feed he is always rubbing his face on my shoulder and since we realised he has thrush he is doing it loads and loads but he has always done it which is why i wonder? It was when the doctor said about his tongue, he's always had a bit of a white one which i thought was milk, plus two diff doctors hace looked in his mouth, once when we went about his reflux and then at his 6wk check, surely they would have noticed it? :shrug: Also i had strep b so was given antibiotics just before he was born and he was on antibiotucs for 5 days after birth. What a awful mum if he has had it so long :cry:

Emskins your ring is lovely hun, Wren is such a cutie too!

CocoaOne i hope M is better tonight for you hun

Emskins - HUGE congrats on your engagement, that's so exciting! Love the ring! And your little girl is so beautiful.

Lynn - your boys are so cute!

Cocoa - love your new avatar pic! So cute! Is it just me or has she got super cute pixie ears? I am definitely having growth spurt behaviour today, she fed hourly from 4:30am until about 3pm. And basically just shouting and crying in between! Oh joy!

Good news is the docs finally prescribed me the correct dosage of fluconazole, they were a little wary because it's not licensed for breastfeeding but the leaflet makes it clear that this is just because the research hasn't been funded, but that the baby gets a very small amount in breast milk and higher doses of the same are given to babies anyway for other things. Anyway point is I've researched it and chatted to lots of others on here who've had the same problem and apparently its totally fine. It's just a bit of a fight to get it. Fingers crossed I'll soon be breastfeeding painlessly!

Other than that - 6 week check was just talking about stitches (she didn't look, phew!), how you're feeling, contraception, take blood pressure and feel abdominal muscles. Pretty basic. But Chele I agree with Lynn you should make an appointment as you have more reason to make sure you're recovery is going OK.

GL- for dome reason her right ear was pixie-ish but not her left- it's not quite as obvious anymore! Lol

So glad you finally got the right dose. Fingers crossed it'll clear up asap. M is being exactly the same as Flora, it's such hard work!

JJ - M nearly always has a white Tongue but it's just from the milk, and she rubs her mouth/face across my shoulder when I'm burping her too. I doubt Chase has been suffering from birth x

Emskins-CONGRATS!

Lynn-what cute pictures!

jj-hope Chase is better soon!

My OH has marriage phobia, but that's ok with me because it's not terribly important to me anyway, lol. We already have the same last name...

I have to include a pic to show Mika's latest trick...he has gotten really good at bearing weight on his legs...we mostly just have to help him balance!

Attachments

• little mika standing.jpg
    little mika standing.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 7
Emskins congrats! i have those toys hanging of my varseat handle too hehe.

Lyn- lovely photos!- The spoiler thing is a good idea i've never thought to use it!

Ella gets weighed today i wonder how much she will weigh! She dis a 12 hour sleep lat night. 7.30-7.30 then straight back down for another sleep. But i'm still up, gotta go out this morning so she can sleep while i get ready :( x

Hi ladies :flower:
well Jesse didnt get his shots yesterday because he was a bit sick :( he was throwing up quite a bit after each meal and twice it ad a bit of green mucus in it, so I decided id rather get him done when he is better. He will be going back next monday. The doctor didnt seem to worried about the throwing up, just said he has a bit of an infection at the moment and it will clear soon.
He also has gone backwards on how much he is drinking, has anyone elses little ones done that. He usually takes a good 180-190ml but the last two or three days hes only been taking 120-140ml each feed, occasionally taking the 190ml. He slept 7pm-am n then woke at 230am wanting a cuddle so i cuddled him in bed, we both ended up falling asleep until 5am lol :haha: n then fed n woke up at 730am .
He also has cradle cap too :nope: kind of looks just like dandruff but in patches all over his head, so am getting some stuff for that this afternoon.
I also had a check up todayn have to get two moles burnt off ...eeeek! one on my nose right near my eye(its not an ugly mole, can hardly notice it) n one on my back because apparently they look kind of cancerous to him. im getting that done monday too because its my birthday on saturday and i dont want to have an ugly mark on my face for my birthday lol .
BTW CONGRATULATIONS emskins! how exciting!
I really should get a move on with my wedding, its in just under 5months! i have my dress n hair n makeup n bridesmaids dresse done n pretty sure my sis is organising a photographer(shes one but is in the bridal party so cant do it herself lol)
hope everyone is well!
:hugs:

MM-wow-a 12 hour sleep! That is amazing!

BnK-Mika is soo cute! that is cool that he is standing already, they grow soo fast!

Tiger-sounds like you have a lot of your wedding planned already, I bet you can't wait now. We were in Brisbane 2 years ago for a wedding, the wedding itself was in Currumbin (sp?) which was beautiful.

Cocoa-that is the cutest picture! M is super cute

Wren also has a white tongue and she has started rubbing her face on my shoulder. She has also started to rub her eyes with her fist when she is tired, it is the cutest thing ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->