march lambs 2010 come on ladies

GL - Hmmm I'm not sure. In FF babies they say to add a bit more water to their bottles, but I know you shouldn't give water to BF babies as they don't need it. Could it be something else? M is still going through her growth spurt I think - eating little and often and sometimes fussing at the breast - could it still be that?

Lynn - I'm sure it'll drop off in no time, especially with 2 boys to run around after (not that EJ is running, but you catch my drift!)

I thought I'd add a pic to show just how chunk-a-licious my little buddha is now!

https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/DSCF1007.jpg

Aw that is such a cute pic! How much does she weigh now? xx

I havn't been on in the last few days but am gonna have a catch up read shortly :thumbup:
x

I lay on the couch with my feet up near my bum so my knees are up in the air and rest M with her bum at my crutch and her head resting against my knees, and her feet against my belly - it really helps her get her poos out. Does that make sense? She's in a squatting type position.

MM - she's over 12lbs now, going to weigh her on Tuesday so we'll see then x

I lay on the couch with my feet up near my bum so my knees are up in the air and rest M with her bum at my crutch and her head resting against my knees, and her feet against my belly - it really helps her get her poos out. Does that make sense? She's in a squatting type position.

MM - she's over 12lbs now, going to weigh her on Tuesday so we'll see then x

Yeah that makes sense, I'll give it a go now, only she's crying a lot this morning :cry:

by the way your M is gorgeous!

morning all, lynn what was robin hood like?? not that i'll get to go the cinema just curious.

F hasn't done a poo since wednesday and its starting to worry me. i know its normal for BF babies to a while between poos but i think its bothering her, shes having trouble napping and fed loads last night but only little bits each time. She also goes a bit red in the face when crying. ANY TIPS ON HOW TO GET HER TO POO? ITS GOING TO BE GINORMOUS WHEN SHE DOES!!! oops sorry caps lock! one haded typing!

Go flying with her! :blush:
Eleanor had the same problem (though only a full day without, as she usually goes 3 times a day) and we were to fly to England the next day. Of course, in the plane she finally pooed ... absolutely massive, leaked through everything of hers and my pants. DH changed her on the spot, but never did I think I'd have to bring an extra pair of pants of myself, so I had to walk around with a massive poo stain on my pants for a couple of hours

Hope Flora will soon empty her bowels, I know exactly how bad it makes you feel when she's obviously not feeling well because of it. Afraid I don't have actual advice as Moo did empty her bowels on her own before I contacted the health visitor to ask for advice. Perhaps you could give them a ring and ask? Since Wednesday is quite a while, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving you some advice

robinhood was fab i really enjoyed it, it is soooooooooo hot today i went to tesco with Nate and now i need a shower, im having to change my bras every few hours between the milk and sweat even though im using breastpads

Thanks Erised, I will call them tomorrow if she hasn't gone but they don't have out of hours phone numnbers. I might try NHS direct later if she's still fractious.

What a disaster on the plane and on your trousers! I'm actually wearing white trousers today to try to tempt fate...

ahh-M is soo cute! What a lovely picture.

Erised, that poo story made me laugh!

GL-I hope Flora has a poo soon, I think the womanly art of breastfeeding says they can go for up to 10 days but still if she is uncomfortable that is not good. Actaully!!! When Wren was born she was having some bowel issues and the nurses stimulated her anus with a thermometer and it worked well, loads of meconium came out and she was much better. Also my Dr the other day suggested doing the same thing to help relieve gas...maybe worth a try..do you have a rectal thermometer that you could use?

hi all..

very looooong time since ive posted!!! i had baby leah annabelle 8 days late, horrrific 22hour labour, but the most perfect content baby anyone could wish for!!

still going with the breast feeding which at the mo we both love and absolutely loving being a mummy :D

hope everyone is well!! havent got time to catch up on allllll te posts ive missed!!! :D

Tell me im not the only UK mummy dying in this heat, poor EJ is having trouble sleeping caus its so warm ive got windows open and a fan running in here but its still really hot

ahh-M is soo cute! What a lovely picture.

Erised, that poo story made me laugh!

GL-I hope Flora has a poo soon, I think the womanly art of breastfeeding says they can go for up to 10 days but still if she is uncomfortable that is not good. Actaully!!! When Wren was born she was having some bowel issues and the nurses stimulated her anus with a thermometer and it worked well, loads of meconium came out and she was much better. Also my Dr the other day suggested doing the same thing to help relieve gas...maybe worth a try..do you have a rectal thermometer that you could use?

Thanks, - I don't have one but I think I'm going to get one someone on the breastfeeding forum suggested that too. She really does look like she's in pain its horrible!!

Lynn- I'm by the coast so we've 'usually' got a bit of a breeze to keep us a bit cooler, you're in the City aren't you? I should imagine it's sweltering today.

GL - Hope something works soon :hugs: for Flora

Hi Boonies :wave:

Eriseed - sooooo mortifying when they poo on you! I always take a change of clothes for M but never for me.... luckily it's only happened once so far!

Its sweltering here in switzerland today aswell, went to the zoo but we only lasted about 1.5hrs before me and OH were too tired from the heat,Wren oddly has been asleep for the last 3hrs!

Ooh yep its been a scorcher in London today! I think I've got a bit of sunburn on my shoulders from walking out with the pram (trying to get her to sleep!).

Emskins - they didn't have a rectal thermometer as such, but I've got a regular digital thermometer... the end of it is about 3 or 4 mm diameter, do you think I could use that? What should I do insert it just a little bit and wiggle it? I don't know and am scared of poking something up my daughters bottom! But if it works...

Can everyone send me poonami vibes! Thanks!

Really hope it works for you GL, sending you all the poonami vibes I can! Unfortunately it didn't work for Eleanor ... always worked a treat as a newborn. The first week we were told to check her temperature at every change, and she'd poo without fail (so every 3 hours!).

We used a normal digital thermometer and just stuck it in as fas as it would comfortably go, which is further than just the tip (I was super scared doing it for the first time, and did the tip only ... got told by the midwife to not be so worried and that you get a more accurate temp when it goes in deeper). I'd say it went in about 10mm. We didn't really have to wriggle it much for it to work.

That said, I don't like doing it any more as I have since read on the internet somewhere that it shouldn't be done as it can cause problems with the muscle. Very conflicting info, told we -had- to do it by our midwives, and then read it's not ok. I wouldn't do it unnecessary, but we did try when she was constipated.

Another weird difference between countries:
In Holland everyone we've seen medically has told us to make sure we give Eleanor 5ml of Vitamin K a day, and 10ml of vitamin D. The vitamin K should be kept up for the first 3 months, the D until you stop breastfeeding. Tried to find vitamin K in England to be told you can only get it on prescription and that it's pretty much unheard of here, eh? The vitamin D can only be bought in baby multivitamins. In Holland I was also told to have a full dose of vitamin D myself until I stop breast feeding, so I guess I'll just do that until Moo is old enough and not bother with medicating her any more. She's had 2 months, and if non of the English children get it it can't be that bad to miss.

Erised - vit K is usually given to baby as an injection at birth. It can be given orally in a few doses too, but most ppl have the injection. No one has EVER mentioned vit D to me, but (when I remember) I take a supplement. Vit D is included in our Formula so I suppose that's why it's not mentioned much (not sure if I'm correct, but it's my feeling that more ppl FF than BF here)
When I had my 6 week check up the nurse said 'and you're formula feeding?' and ticked the box on the computer without me answering! She seemed shocked when I said I was BF.

Lots of poonami vibes GL :dust;

The information given to me by my pediatrician says that breastfed babies should get vitamin d because not enough of it passes through breastmilk to babies. FF babies only need it if they eat less than a certain amount of formula a day, but i can't remember how much, usually just after they start weaning.

I don't think you can get vit D for babies here? Just the normal adult vitamins. Could be wrong though?

Thanks Erised, I've tried the thermometer up the bum trick. She didn't mind it at all actually probably I did more than her! So we'll see. I've got two muslins underneath her and she's swaddled in one too - I hope I'm not jinxing myself by putting the protection in. She's farting loads and they smell, so I'm hoping there's an explosion on the way!

I also never heard of taking vitamin D. I have a multivitamin from pregnancy through to breastfeeding but I also forget to take it.

Good luck GL, I hope Flora 'pinches a loaf' soon! At the hospital Wren pinched when they were taking the thermometer out. I haven't done it myself so I don't have much more advice for you just hope your little is feeling better soon.

As for Vit K and D, Wren was given an injection of Vit K at birth and then another one at her 1 month check up. My doctor also have us a prescription for Vit D and she gets a drop a day, it is a prophylactic measure only against Rickets as babies for good reason are not exposed to sun wherewe get most of our Vit D from I gather.

I also take a multi vitamin everyday....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->